ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NFL discussion thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Re: OT: NFL discussion thread 

Post#361 » by blueNorange » Sun Nov 7, 2021 8:36 pm

x-man's coming out game :D this is the guy he was in alabamer.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,387

Post#362 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon Nov 8, 2021 1:53 pm

I find these players and HC very unlikeable so it's hard to enjoy wins tbh. You just know this team is going to finish 'strong' with a few meaningless wins in which Mara will use to justify bringing this regime back. Funny how this defense decided to show up once the season was over and the pressure was off. I'm not buying it. But kudos to McKinney and Roche. These are the type of guys I'm focusing on. The overrated and fugazi vets like Bradberry, Ryan, Adoree and Leonard Williams can kick rocks.

And Jason Garrett needs to go too regardless of how we finish. I get the gameplan was to run the ball and Booker and Penny did an amazing job but that gameplan is not going to work. That lack of creativity is a huge reason we are 3-7. You have an elite playmaker talent in Toney and you only target him once??

Enjoy it though. Thankfully we do not have to see these fakers for 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#363 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 8, 2021 6:11 pm

who's unlikeable on the team?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#364 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 8, 2021 6:15 pm

but i'm impressed with roche and hope he gets snaps going forward, even though he got released he was drafted by the steelers and that organization drafts well.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#365 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue Nov 9, 2021 2:13 pm

blueNorange wrote:who's unlikeable on the team?

Judge, Leonard Williams, Logan Ryan, Bradberry and most of the vets tbh. I hate how they decided to start playing just when the season was over and the pressure was off. That tells me everything I need to know. Being injury prone and committing dumb penalties also irks me and makes me dislike a player.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,903

Post#366 » by GONYK » Tue Nov 9, 2021 3:57 pm

blueNorange wrote:but i'm impressed with roche and hope he gets snaps going forward, even though he got released he was drafted by the steelers and that organization drafts well.

I LOVED Roche coming out of the Senior Bowl. He always seemed more productive than Rousseau at Miami.

I thought he would go in the 3rd or 4th round. I was surprised he fell to the 6th round. Even more surprised the Steelers cut him.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,450

Post#367 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 9, 2021 7:37 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
blueNorange wrote:who's unlikeable on the team?

Judge, Leonard Williams, Logan Ryan, Bradberry and most of the vets tbh. I hate how they decided to start playing just when the season was over and the pressure was off. That tells me everything I need to know. Being injury prone and committing dumb penalties also irks me and makes me dislike a player.

Now THAT’S the Leonard Williams I used to know.
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#368 » by blueNorange » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:56 pm

leonard williams has been good ...
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,450

Post#369 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:07 pm

This gonna be good. Gruden claims that the NFL selectively leaked Gruden's emails out of about 650k emails. Needless to say, Gruden knows that there are other emails from other NFL coaches, officials, etc. that will be very embarrassing.

Free Palestine
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,967

Post#370 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:47 pm

Is this season over yet? Can the giants fire everyone?

Read on Twitter
?t=oSDFlRoEiRvjKcwW9zzxJQ&s=19
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#371 » by j4remi » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:13 pm

Jets first round position this year: 2nd and 6th picks
Giants first round position this year: 5th and 7th picks

...the draft should be fun at least.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#372 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:49 pm

Right now I feel the same way about these Giants as I did before with Isiah/Phil Jackson/Steve Mills Knicks teams. Just hopeless. Last night was such a low point. It was one of the worst games I've ever seen. I was either bored or extremely annoyed and angry. Not healthy for your physical and mental health.

Two weeks to prepare and that's what you come up with? I totally get the OL is a joke (Hernandez should be cut!) but you cannot tell me we couldn't be a little more creative. Toney had the only downfield pass the entire game! Golladay only had one target! On that 4th down attempt, you can tell the team was just not prepared and rushed it. Freaking Colin Johnson was the only WR on that play too! Just unacceptable! Stupid mistakes by Jones too. WTF was that on that first INT? Is he color blind?! Saquon with his typical 2 yard run, 3 yard run, 2 yard loss, 2 yard run game. He'll do this for 3-4 more games before getting hurt again. What a freaking bust of the pick!

Defense doesn't get a pass either. Bradberry had his lunch money taken away and he got stuffed into a locker by Mike Evans all game. Dude has some of the worst body language I've ever seen too. Like he 100% doesn't give a ****. No pride. No embarrassment that your man is kicking your ass left and right.

And Judge can kick rocks too. This entire organization can kick rocks with their excuses and promises! Mara should have fired Gettleman years ago! Amazing how the OL is still a joke! And hiring an inexperienced HC like Judge was also a joke. Very similar to when we hired Derek Fisher. Hilarious to hear him throw Garrett under the bus after the game. That's cute and all but do you have the balls to fire him? Of course not.

This organization needs to copy the Knicks and hire themselves a Thibs. Someone with a track record who can get this program on the right track. Cause right now there is no hope.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#373 » by Spree2Houston » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:58 pm

j4remi wrote:Jets first round position this year: 2nd and 6th picks

I think Detroit will go QB at #1 which leaves us Kayvon Thibodeaux. I'm hoping Seattle shuts down Wilson soon and we end up with 2 top 5 picks. It'll be nice to come out of this draft with 2 of Thibodeaux, Stingley, and Neal.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,214

Post#374 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:01 pm

I am not getting too excited yet until I know Gettleman/Judge wont be making the selections.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#375 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:03 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:

I think Detroit will go QB at #1 which leaves us Kayvon Thibodeaux. I'm hoping Seattle shuts down Wilson soon and we end up with 2 top 5 picks. It'll be nice to come out of this draft with 2 of Thibodeaux, Stingley, and Neal.

I don't see anyway a team passes on Thibodeaux at #1. There hasn't been a QB that has separated himself as a top selection type guy. I know every year a QB makes his way into the top 5 but I don't think anyone is passing Thibodeaux at #1. Franchise pass rushers don't grow on trees.

ROSTER

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#376 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:10 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:Right now I feel the same way about these Giants as I did before with Isiah/Phil Jackson/Steve Mills Knicks teams. Just hopeless. Last night was such a low point. It was one of the worst games I've ever seen. I was either bored or extremely annoyed and angry. Not healthy for your physical and mental health.

Two weeks to prepare and that's what you come up with? I totally get the OL is a joke (Hernandez should be cut!) but you cannot tell me we couldn't be a little more creative. Toney had the only downfield pass the entire game! Golladay only had one target! On that 4th down attempt, you can tell the team was just not prepared and rushed it. Freaking Colin Johnson was the only WR on that play too! Just unacceptable! Stupid mistakes by Jones too. WTF was that on that first INT? Is he color blind?! Saquon with his typical 2 yard run, 3 yard run, 2 yard loss, 2 yard run game. He'll do this for 3-4 more games before getting hurt again. What a freaking bust of the pick!

Defense doesn't get a pass either. Bradberry had his lunch money taken away and he got stuffed into a locker by Mike Evans all game. Dude has some of the worst body language I've ever seen too. Like he 100% doesn't give a ****. No pride. No embarrassment that your man is kicking your ass left and right.

And Judge can kick rocks too. This entire organization can kick rocks with their excuses and promises! Mara should have fired Gettleman years ago! Amazing how the OL is still a joke! And hiring an inexperienced HC like Judge was also a joke. Very similar to when we hired Derek Fisher. Hilarious to hear him throw Garrett under the bus after the game. That's cute and all but do you have the balls to fire him? Of course not.

This organization needs to copy the Knicks and hire themselves a Thibs. Someone with a track record who can get this program on the right track. Cause right now there is no hope.

I get Layden era vibes from the Giants too where they kept talking about getting clean cut, good citizens and the team was so boring and bad. Just so depressing to watch
Mavs
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#377 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:13 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:Right now I feel the same way about these Giants as I did before with Isiah/Phil Jackson/Steve Mills Knicks teams. Just hopeless. Last night was such a low point. It was one of the worst games I've ever seen. I was either bored or extremely annoyed and angry. Not healthy for your physical and mental health.

I get Layden era vibes from the Giants too where they kept talking about getting clean cut, good citizens and the team was so boring and bad. Just so depressing to watch

Mara is very much a peak Dolan esque in terms of meddling with the franchise. His brother is a big part of player personal (which is nepotism to its finest).

Mara doesn't have the stomach to make the decisions needed to be made to turn this franchise around.

The only way I would believe him is if he purged the entire FO and Coaching staff and hired a football guy to build out the organization. They need there George Young. No one with any "ties" to the organization.

ROSTER

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#378 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:26 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Mara is very much a peak Dolan esque in terms of meddling with the franchise. His brother is a big part of player personal (which is nepotism to its finest).

Mara doesn't have the stomach to make the decisions needed to be made to turn this franchise around.

The only way I would believe him is if he purged the entire FO and Coaching staff and hired a football guy to build out the organization. They need there George Young. No one with any "ties" to the organization.

Yea, its a mess. I have no faith they will hire the right people. Incompetent and out of touch but too stubborn to admit it like Dolan. Nepotism abound. They worried more about no taunting rules then anything else. A total joke. They are stuck trying to play 1950's era football. Its like watching a different sport then the rest of the league.
Mavs
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#379 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:34 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Yea, its a mess. I have no faith they will hire the right people. Incompetent and out of touch but too stubborn to admit it like Dolan. Nepotism abound. They worried more about no taunting rules then anything else. A total joke. They are stuck trying to play 1950's era football. Its like watching a different sport then the rest of the league.

We thought Reese was bad...

Read on Twitter

And out of all the top picks we basically just have Andrew Thomas as a worthwhile keeper on the entire roster. Also factor in we are essentially cap stuck all next year too because the way we went on a spending spree locks us in to these guys with dead money for another year.

We are one of the worst teams with little talent and zero cap flexibility.

The only thing that might attract a GM is that we are likely to have two top 10 picks in the draft and hopefully they have freedom to to purge the roster.

ROSTER

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#380 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:38 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

We thought Reese was bad...

Read on Twitter

And out of all the top picks we basically just have Andrew Thomas as a worthwhile keeper on the entire roster. Also factor in we are essentially cap stuck all next year too because the way we went on a spending spree locks us in to these guys with dead money for another year.

We are one of the worst teams with little talent and zero cap flexibility.

The only thing that might attract a GM is that we are likely to have two top 10 picks in the draft and hopefully they have freedom to to purge the roster.

There's got to be no way he survives that. Basically 4 years down the drain. Time to clean house.
Mavs

Return to New York Knicks