Image ImageImage Image

Options to fix the PF hole

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,402

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#381 » by jump » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:19 pm

I’d like to see DJJ as the starting PF and fill his spot with a buyout vet with size. I believe he and Vuc can handle everyone well enough. But we could use a bruiser PF off the bench to bang with the big boys and get those rebounds.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#382 » by StunnerKO » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:24 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#383 » by sco » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:19 am

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

was that Luke Kornet he abused toward the end?
:clap:
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#384 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:29 am

jump wrote:I’d like to see DJJ as the starting PF and fill his spot with a buyout vet with size. I believe he and Vuc can handle everyone well enough. But we could use a bruiser PF off the bench to bang with the big boys and get those rebounds.

I think this is the answer for now.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#385 » by FriedRise » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:29 am

sco wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Also, Arch sighting! They’re both on the Maine Celtics.

Says a lot about how bad our roster was the last few years playing and sometimes starting literally G-League quality players.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#386 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:30 am

Senor Chang wrote:Althought not a power forward but with New Orleans on a free-fall this year maybe they're open to trading Valančiūnas for Coby, TBJ, Bradley and a 1st rounder in a tank move. To be able to always have one of Jonas or Vuc on the floor at all times would make us a legit title contender, maybe.

I don’t want to trade anymore 1st round picks unless it is for a star.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#387 » by bad knees » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:06 am

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Greg Monroe is averaging 7.5 ppg in the G League with an 87 ORtg. So I am gonna say that he is not the answer.
Senor Chang
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,212

Post#388 » by Senor Chang » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:09 am

Lets trade for Isiah Stewart so we can truly be the team that strikes fear in Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM Forums mobile app
wayoftheroad wrote:We’re getting bodied by Moochie Norris lmao
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#389 » by petebraun0 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:34 am

I wonder if we can trade Patrick Williams to the Wizards for Deni Advija. Patrick has more upside, is better on defense, and is the better shooter; but Advija can pass better, get to the basket better, is more experienced, and is healthy. Wizards don't need four shooting guards. Advija is 6 9" and can play pf and not sg.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#390 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:05 am

FriedRise wrote:
sco wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Also, Arch sighting! They’re both on the Maine Celtics.

Says a lot about how bad our roster was the last few years playing and sometimes starting literally G-League quality players.

Funny Kornet mostly got the job here because he light up the Bulls one night. Like his only good game lol. Yeah GarPax fielded a lot of G league talent hoping they would become a diamond in the rough. Paxson was sooooo checked out and Gar was clueless. Note only Zach, who the GarPax didn’t even want is the only real piece on this team. white if not injured might have been gone in the offseason. Safe to say we had a real real bad culture here for years.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#391 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:09 am

petebraun0 wrote:I wonder if we can trade Patrick Williams to the Wizards for Deni Advija. Patrick has more upside, is better on defense, and is the better shooter; but Advija can pass better, get to the basket better, is more experienced, and is healthy. Wizards don't need four shooting guards. Advija is 6 9" and can play pf and not sg.

Is Pat that unhealthy? His injury was kind of a freak accident. He was hurt coming into the season but it was mostly wear and tear of the summer. Him being too timid is an issue for sure, not sold his health is. I know there has been hype on Deni predraft even I’m still not sold on him, also not sold on Pat either tbh. Williams likely looked as good his rookie season as Deni did though. They both had moments. Neither stand out as can’t miss though in my book.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#392 » by BullChit » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:29 am

jump wrote:I’d like to see DJJ as the starting PF and fill his spot with a buyout vet with size. I believe he and Vuc can handle everyone well enough. But we could use a bruiser PF off the bench to bang with the big boys and get those rebounds.

this is my exact preference.

Tristan Thompson would fit that role very very well if he is a buyout
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
ikeziskash
Lead Assistant
And1: 158

Post#393 » by ikeziskash » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:08 pm

We are done w the “we don’t need a pf” nonsense now…right?
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,083

Post#394 » by MGB8 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:41 pm

ikeziskash wrote:We are done w the “we don’t need a pf” nonsense now…right?

I really hope so. Randle beasted, and then Indiana - one of the true "power" matchup teams - exploited the lack of size.

If Alize Johnson isn't read for prime time defensively, and Marko isn't either, then it's time to bring in a vet who at least will get into the right position. Honestly, I'd drop Dotson, too, though I don't know the rules regarding 2-ways and vet status. I like Alize Johnson but if he isn't ready to contribute, seems like a waste of a roster spot on a limited player (that's where a higher physical upside player like DJ Wilson would be more attractive to me - especially if Alize isn't that far ahead in terms of basketball IQ).

James Ennis would seem to be the most obvious choice if they really just want another wing for the 4 spot. RHJ is still floating around, and MKG (unless he's washed and/or retired). Might be able to trade a 2nd rounder for Moe Harkless, but the coaching change in SacTown could impact that.

I also really think they should get another option at the 5 or, better yet, the 4/5 - and there are a bunch of guys out there - Meyers Leonard, Biyombo, Mahimni, Okafor, good old Luke Kornett (at least he knows the system?), Patrick Patterson (a 4 - but big enough), Ersan Illyasova (but is he washed?), Baynes if healthy, the other Plumlee, the other Zeller, etc.

Could you get Marvin Williams to un-retire? He'd give you a "true" 4 that also could give you minutes as a small ball 5 - and maybe even emergency minutes at the 3. But he's already 35 and last played 2 seasons ago... Tyrus Thomas is the same age, lol.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#395 » by Almost Retired » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:50 pm

Things would be looking a little different if AK had been able to sign Hartenstein this past off season. He would be exactly what we needed. Any old vets currently watching games on their TV would only be a stop gap measure for this year. Looking out on the Draft horizon the possibilities are limited. When you look at the top 30 prospects on the draft boards and SG and PG dominate. I think we're covered OK for PG, SG and SF. I won't assume we will be in a position to draft high, so Banchero, Holmgren, and Duren are not an option (but Duren would be a perfect fit.) Nikola Jovic is a 6-10" point forward and might not bring the defensive and rebounding we need from any big we might draft. Yanick Nzosa has the size and athleticism to eventually be a big help on defense and with rebounding. But he'd be an offensive black hole. But pair him up with shooters and he'd help a lot. Roko Prkacin would be a big help as a PF. He isn't an elite athlete but has a polished all around game. He'd probably fall to our Portland pick if it coneys. Daimion Collins has the size and length and athleticism, so his upside is huge. But he'd need a few years of NBA strength training. But he'd provide bench help early on. Drew Timme might make an interesting addition. He's older and has that experience factor. He isn't a high level athlete but he has elite offensive tools and would make a very good backup to PWill and might even be able to play a little at the "5". Other lower draft prospects to watch: Mouhamed Gueye playing for Washington State, Azoulas Tubelis playing for Arizona, Walker Kessler of Auburn, Kofi Cockburn of the Illini, Makur Maker of Australia and Isaiah Mobley of UCLA.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,083

Post#396 » by MGB8 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:51 pm

petebraun0 wrote:I wonder if we can trade Patrick Williams to the Wizards for Deni Advija. Patrick has more upside, is better on defense, and is the better shooter; but Advija can pass better, get to the basket better, is more experienced, and is healthy. Wizards don't need four shooting guards. Advija is 6 9" and can play pf and not sg.

When we were looking at the draft, Avdija made no sense to me as a 3... but a lot of sense as a Markkanen replacement at the 4. He plays like a forward, not like a wing. Now, I think AKME and Billy are looking for a "wing-4" - a wing who is big enough to play the 4 regularly - so I don't think that they move Pat for him.

And I don't think Washington moves Avdija for an injured guy until they are clearly out of it (which should happen close to the trade deadline, IMO).

Speaking of Rui, he's a guy who might be closer to what AKME is looking for from the 4 spot (although also a natural 4, rather than a big 3... but still more fluid in his movements than Deni - closer to a "big 3" as opposed to being a smaller 4 - slightly longer reach than Pat at 7'2). But the Bulls don't have the assets. Maybe if Coby improves a bunch by the trade deadline. Or maybe if the NBA announces the results of the Ball investigation and the Portland first gets freed up (plus a player).
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#397 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:48 pm

I really want to see what DJJ looks like at the 4. All this being said

Vuc/Bradley
Pat/DJJ

Isn’t a terrible depth chart. The issue we have faced is two are gone. The plan would have worked better if Pat didn’t get a freak injury, and Embiid didn’t cough on Vuc so much.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,871

Post#398 » by Wingy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:07 pm

What about...Patrick Williams? Haven’t heard much since he went down. If he comes back on the early end, he has time to ramp up for the playoffs. Imperfect of course, but certainly a “cheap” option. Obviously you can’t count on it, but I wonder with this sort of thing how early you can get an idea on whether it’s shorter vs longer recovery.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#399 » by sco » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:05 am

Wingy wrote:What about...Patrick Williams? Haven’t heard much since he went down. If he comes back on the early end, he has time to ramp up for the playoffs. Imperfect of course, but certainly a “cheap” option. Obviously you can’t count on it, but I wonder with this sort of thing how early you can get an idea on whether it’s shorter vs longer recovery.

I believe he had the surgery a few weeks ago. We probably won't know anything until January.
:clap:
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#400 » by BullChit » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:25 am

Michael Jackson wrote:I really want to see what DJJ looks like at the 4. All this being said

Vuc/Bradley
Pat/DJJ

Isn’t a terrible depth chart. The issue we have faced is two are gone. The plan would have worked better if Pat didn’t get a freak injury, and Embiid didn’t cough on Vuc so much.

Exactly.

Which is why moving DJJ into the PWill slot and getting a solid preferably veteran player at the 4 of the bench with size to partner with Bradley backing up Vuc would put us in a similar if not more stable position than before Pats freak injury and Vucs run in with the protocol.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"

Return to Chicago Bulls