Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Did Lebron intentionally hit Stewart?

Yes
82%
No
12%
I am still doing research
6%

Total votes: 428

sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,476

Re: Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex 

Post#621 » by sikma42 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:45 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
Snakebites wrote:I’ve got no problem with Stewart getting 2 games, though I am a bit disappointed that Lebron got a lesser punishment.

And why's that? Jokic got suspended one game for his hit on Morris, and every bit of that hit was intentional. Did you think that to be unfair as well?

Meanwhile, LeBron's hit was intentional only in that he intentionally wanted to deliver a blow to get him off of him, not intentionally pop him in the face in that manner.

Finally, Stewart was completely out of line. Reminded me of a high schooler throwing a temper-tantrum and being restrained by teachers none stop with his persistent rage boiling over.

you guys are focused on games. They fined him a year's salary. He is playing the rest of the year for free
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,762

Post#622 » by nikster » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:49 pm

Liqourish wrote:
J_T wrote:Terrible decision. LBJ should have got at least 2 games, if not 3. He threw the first punch, he started it all. Anyone else would have got more.

If I'm Stewart I'm looking for a chance to injure Lebron on Sunday. Enough is enough. Lebron needs to apologize or he should face the consequences. The league will not teach him a lesson, so the players have to.

Correction: LeBron threw the ONLY punch.

So if punching a guy gets a one game suspension but reacting gets you two, might as well punch him back.

Great precedent set.

Hits like Lebrons have routinely been 1 game suspension (see Jokic). Trying to charge at a player and escalating a situation 3 different times is much worse
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,605

Post#623 » by Snakebites » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:51 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
Snakebites wrote:I’ve got no problem with Stewart getting 2 games, though I am a bit disappointed that Lebron got a lesser punishment.

And why's that? Jokic got suspended one game for his hit on Morris, and every bit of that hit was intentional. Did you think that to be unfair as well?

Meanwhile, LeBron's hit was intentional only in that he intentionally wanted to deliver a blow to get him off of him, not intentionally pop him in the face in that manner.

Finally, Stewart was completely out of line. Reminded me of a high schooler throwing a temper-tantrum and being restrained by teachers none stop with his persistent rage boiling over.

I made it pretty clear I was fine with Stewart’s suspension- in fact that was quite literally the first thing I said.

Yes I thought Jokic’s suspension was light too. His hit was intentional in exactly the same way. He meant to deliver a blow that ultimately caused more damage than it did. Lebron looked dead on at Stewart’s head and deliberately hit him there.

The only difference was motivation- not intent. Jokic did it out of anger after a legit cheap shot and Lebron just wanted Stewart out of his way, so he hit him.
nikster
RealGM

Post#624 » by nikster » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:52 pm

J_T wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:
J_T wrote:Terrible decision. LBJ should have got at least 2 games, if not 3. He threw the first punch, he started it all. Anyone else would have got more.

If I'm Stewart I'm looking for a chance to injure Lebron on Sunday. Enough is enough. Lebron needs to apologize or he should face the consequences. The league will not teach him a lesson, so the players have to.

Sounds like you need to work on your anger problem.

Not at all, you can call it revenge or deterrence. Sounds like you like to "turn the other cheek". Not me. You hurt me, I'm coming after you and make you regret. People learn and don't do it again.

"I dont have an anger problem, I'd just be so full of rage I'd jeopardize my career and try to end someone elses"
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#625 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:59 pm

Some make it sound as if Lebron suckered punch the guy. He was trying to disengage himself as they were tangled up during the free throw and in the process caught the guy twice in one motion. No I’ll intent.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
HEAT33
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#626 » by HEAT33 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:05 pm

Jokic just should pushed and probably should of got 2-3 games

LeCheapshot sucker punched a man that wasn’t even looking. He did it intentional and should get a minimum 5 games
EscapoTHB wrote:I think the 92 dream team would get beat by a lot of the top international teams today.

:lol:
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,169

Post#627 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:33 pm

Snakebites wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:

I made it pretty clear I was fine with Stewart’s suspension- in fact that was quite literally the first thing I said.

Yes I thought Jokic’s suspension was light too. His hit was intentional in exactly the same way. He meant to deliver a blow that ultimately caused more damage than it did. Lebron looked dead on at Stewart’s head and deliberately hit him there.

The only difference was motivation- not intent. Jokic did it out of anger after a legit cheap shot and Lebron just wanted Stewart out of his way, so he hit him.

So you're saying intent is less severe than lack of intent? The motivation was very similar. Stewart was getting at LeBron's ribs - after LeBron had missed a number of games with an abdominal injury - prior to LeBron hitting him with the intent of getting him off of him and not trying to crack his skull open.
turnaroundJ
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,307

Post#628 » by turnaroundJ » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:34 pm

I think the elbow was 100% intentional based on the replays. But I don't think he intended to hit him in the face. Or at least I hope he didn't.
J_T
Veteran
And1: 1,843

Post#629 » by J_T » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:41 pm

nikster wrote:
J_T wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:

Sounds like you need to work on your anger problem.

Not at all, you can call it revenge or deterrence. Sounds like you like to "turn the other cheek". Not me. You hurt me, I'm coming after you and make you regret. People learn and don't do it again.

"I dont have an anger problem, I'd just be so full of rage I'd jeopardize my career and try to end someone elses"

Jeopardize my career? He will get maybe 4 games, based on what the league did this time. Also you don't seem to understand the term "deterrence". You can escalate to prevent more escalations in the future.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#630 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:41 pm

Ducklett wrote:Lebron should get 2-3 games. Stewart should get a large fine for delaying the game, maybe one game out.

I think it is funny there are posters who are basically saying you can punch people in the face as long as you check on them afterward.

Well, you can open carry a gun in a protest and if someone tries to take it from you, you can kill them.

All is good with the world.

Don't derail basketball threads with political commentary. -b
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#631 » by Liqourish » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:45 pm

nikster wrote:
Liqourish wrote:

So if punching a guy gets a one game suspension but reacting gets you two, might as well punch him back.

Great precedent set.

Hits like Lebrons have routinely been 1 game suspension (see Jokic). Trying to charge at a player and escalating a situation 3 different times is much worse

Jokic pushed a guy in retaliation. LeBron punch a guy in the face unprovoked. They are not the same situations.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,339

Post#632 » by flow » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:48 pm

sikma42 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:

you guys are focused on games. They fined him a year's salary. He is playing the rest of the year for free

Who?
nikster
RealGM

Post#633 » by nikster » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:56 pm

J_T wrote:
nikster wrote:
J_T wrote:Not at all, you can call it revenge or deterrence. Sounds like you like to "turn the other cheek". Not me. You hurt me, I'm coming after you and make you regret. People learn and don't do it again.

Jeopardize my career? He will get maybe 4 games, based on what the league did this time. Also you don't seem to understand the term "deterrence". You can escalate to prevent more escalations in the future.

Yeah if Stewart tries to intentionally injure Lebron this next game he will be jeopardizing his career. He's not that good and League won't tolerate that ****.

And what do you think your preventing? You think if Stewart doesn't try to injure Lebron on Sunday that other players are gonna be looking for cheap shots on him? Thats ridiculous
nikster
RealGM

Post#634 » by nikster » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:58 pm

Liqourish wrote:
nikster wrote:
Liqourish wrote:

Great precedent set.

Jokic pushed a guy in retaliation. LeBron punch a guy in the face unprovoked. They are not the same situations.

Jokic intentionally body checked a guy from behind. Provoked or not, that is more dangerous and more intentional than what Lebron did.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,755

Post#635 » by ItsDanger » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:00 pm

NBA refs could take a lesson from NHL refs. They get in between the 2 quickly. Part of what happens is the pressure on one side to not back down publicly so the refs can eliminate that by imposing themselves between them. De-escalation measures.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#636 » by Liqourish » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:01 pm

nikster wrote:
Liqourish wrote:
nikster wrote:Hits like Lebrons have routinely been 1 game suspension (see Jokic). Trying to charge at a player and escalating a situation 3 different times is much worse

Jokic intentionally body checked a guy from behind. Provoked or not, that is more dangerous and more intentional than what Lebron did.

That's why Morris got stitches and went through concussion protocols? Thought so.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,605

Post#637 » by Snakebites » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:04 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:So you're saying intent is less severe than lack of intent?

Seeing as I just posted that I don't think their intention was really all that different, and you lead with this, I don't think you're really interested in understanding what I have to say.

I don't really see a viable way to move forward here. Have a good one.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#638 » by MotownMadness » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:09 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
Ducklett wrote:Lebron should get 2-3 games. Stewart should get a large fine for delaying the game, maybe one game out.

I think it is funny there are posters who are basically saying you can punch people in the face as long as you check on them afterward.

Well, you can open carry a gun in a protest and if someone tries to take it from you, you can kill them.

All is good with the world.

Just shut up, surprised that ignorance level of a statement didn't include "only when you're white"
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,141

Post#639 » by PaulieWal » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:16 pm

Liqourish wrote:
nikster wrote:
Liqourish wrote:

That's why Morris got stitches and went through concussion protocols? Thought so.

MOrris has missed all of the games since the Jokic hit on him BTW due to a neck injury - almost 10 games BTW. Whether deserved or not, Jokic actually did a lot of damage to Morris.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,966

Post#640 » by cl2117 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:21 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:Some make it sound as if Lebron suckered punch the guy. He was trying to disengage himself as they were tangled up during the free throw and in the process caught the guy twice in one motion. No I’ll intent.

Hitting someone in the face with a closed fist while they're not expecting it is the definition of a sucker punch....

LeBron obviously didn't intend to do that kind of damage, but he was definitely trying to sucker punch Stewart.

Sucker "punch" isn't the most appropriate description since it wasn't really a punch but more of a swipe, but the "sucker" element of it stems from him purposefully smacking him while he's not looking because he was annoyed. It's not a basketball play, LBJ knows better, which is why he was immediately apologizing.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.

Return to The General Board