ImageImageImage

Game 18: Philadelphia 76ers at Sacramento Kings 11-22-2021 (10 PM EST)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,729

Re: Game 18: Philadelphia 76ers at Sacramento Kings 11-22-2021 (10 PM EST) 

Post#121 » by the_process » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:50 pm

EDIT

Sorry, didn't realize I posted that in a game thread.

Good win.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#122 » by Sixerscan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:18 pm

Great win by the guys that played. Kings should be embarrassed though. Coach gets blamed for you guys stinking and they go out and lose to a bunch of guys on rookie deals and minimum contracts.

That team clearly needs a trade, Simmons seems like he would help them with a lot of their issues, but if not him then just something to reset some stuff there because it’s not working.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 583

Post#123 » by blargh » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:36 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
76ciology wrote:Haliburton is overrated.

Hard to win nowadays if your guard is a role player and not an efficient atleast 16ppg scorer.

Haliburton is way overrated. He's like a mixture between Danny Green and Lonzo Ball. Good player with useful traits, but not a star and doesn't have a ton of upside. He's a role player at heart. I was perplexed that some people were comparing him to Shai.

I’m not sure what Halliburton has going for him vs Shake, other than his age.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,445

Post#124 » by Eyeamok » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:24 pm

The win is great and also seeing our PG step to the line in a tight game, with confidence, and making all of his free throws. That was a joy to watch too.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 537

Post#125 » by sodmoraes » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:06 pm

Didnt watch the game( this west coast games are too late for me), but looking at the boxscore Maxey had bad fg%. Watching the highlights seems he was the focus of the defense, since we didnt have a lot of other threats. I think all his 4 were contested iso pullups. He´s not a 40% 3 pt shooter anymore, sadly :lol:
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Hipster Doofus
Head Coach
And1: 6,491

Post#126 » by Hipster Doofus » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:33 pm

Man, Haliburton gets hyped up a little too much.
I see a George Hill type player with slightly better passing and worse shooting form.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#127 » by Skates » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:10 pm

Halliburton’s shooting is not an issue and he had nine assists to one TO on a team that looks like they play summer league style and half were just getting their’s while the other half seemed to be auditioning for Doc and Morey. Halliburton won’t show out in a mess like that, Hield and Fox just went after their own points and Barnes had a rough game. Richaun looked like his normal self, but Fox the creator was 2 assists and 3 TO trying to one up Maxey. Great penetrator, below mediocre shooter, several of his shots were complete bricks. On the plus side Fox is not nearly as undersized as a guy like Sexton, but I would still rather have a Haiburton or Dejounte Murray package than Fox. No one on that team is coached well and their defense is horrible.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#128 » by Kobblehead » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:49 pm

Haliburton's shooting kinda is an issue right now.

He's attempting just 4.2 3pa per 36. That's a pretty crappy willingness to space for a guy who's capable of being an excellent shooter (see rookie year). Which is bad because he's a poor dribble penetrator (again, not sure what that guy that compared him to Shai was smoking).
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#129 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:57 am

Kobblehead wrote:
76ciology wrote:Haliburton is overrated.

Hard to win nowadays if your guard is a role player and not an efficient atleast 16ppg scorer.

Haliburton is way overrated. He's like a mixture between Danny Green and Lonzo Ball. Good player with useful traits, but not a star and doesn't have a ton of upside. He's a role player at heart. I was perplexed that some people were comparing him to Shai.

He’s a good player. I like him during the draft. The stats checked out for me.

He’s a very good guard if you have a monster perimeter guard scorer like Harden, Doncic, Lillard or Steph. Other than that, I prefer a scoring guard.

I’d clearly want Fox over Haliburton.

I think your Danny Green-Lonzo is a good comparison
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,700

Post#130 » by stormi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:20 am

Danny Green for Haliburton is an awful comparison.

Danny is a liability putting the ball on the floor.

The allure from Haliburton comes from his size, shooting and playmaking potential combined with his age and potential trajectory. I don't see superstar upside from him, maybe an elite defending Brogdon type that dishes out 7 assists per game.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#131 » by Kobblehead » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:30 pm

stormi wrote:Danny Green for Haliburton is an awful comparison.

Danny is a liability putting the ball on the floor.

The allure from Haliburton comes from his size, shooting and playmaking potential combined with his age and potential trajectory. I don't see superstar upside from him, maybe an elite defending Brogdon type that dishes out 7 assists per game.

That's because you're ignoring the part where I said he's a mixture of Lonzo Ball and Danny Green. The Lonzo Ball aspect of the combination accounts for the marginal ability that Halliburton has to put the ball on the floor and do some stuff off the dribble in short spurts and it also incorporates his passing.

I don't really see any upward trajectory with Haliburton. He's already regressing in year two (kinda like Sadiq Bey). Cole Anthony, that's an upward trajectory. Devin Vassell, that's an upward trajectory. Haliburton seems to be going back into his shell and resorting back to the wallflower he was during his freshman year at Iowa State (33+ mpg, 6.8 ppg, yikes).
stormi
General Manager

Post#132 » by stormi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:46 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I don't really see any upward trajectory with Haliburton. He's already regressing in year two (kinda like Sadiq Bey). Cole Anthony, that's an upward trajectory. Devin Vassell, that's an upward trajectory. Haliburton seems to be going back into his shell and resorting back to the wallflower he was during his freshman year at Iowa State (33+ mpg, 6.8 ppg, yikes).

I don't mind Lonzo as a baseline comparison. That's like if he never improves as a player again. But it's far too early to make that assurtion, Sacramento is a toxic environment with disastrous coaching.

He's not even 22 yet. His size, defending and playmaking are exceptional. He's maintained a 5:1 assist to turnover ratio throughout his career, that's Chris Paul-esque.

We also already know he's a tremendous shooter. The aggressiveness would just have to be coached up. You can't expect a player to be finished growing at 21 years of age 16 games into their sophomore season, I know we've been scarred here as a fanbase, but that just isn't normal trajectory.

I'm not saying Hali over Fox, they both bring different elements to their game and I think both would help us tremendously.

I just think the potential of Haliburton is extremely alluring. Get him locked in a room for a year with the guard whisperer Sam Cassell. Let him spend a summer in the hyperbolic time chamber with Maxey and Chris Johnson.

If you can unlock his combo of size and shooting and passing, he's absolutely a starter on a championship team and a complimentary cog to whoever he plays alongside. Namely Joel Embiid, but even a player of the ilk of Tyrese Maxey.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#133 » by SixthStreet » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:27 am

Some guys just don't have the mentality to shoot a lot. Maybe it's the Ben Simmons PTSD but it's DNA to a degree the willingness to hunt shots. I don't think Halliburton has it. I think in 4 years whatever team he's on the fans are still going to be saying I wish he shot more.

Fox is far more preferable to Halliburton. Don't think it's particularly close.
stormi
General Manager

Post#134 » by stormi » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:43 am

He was shooting 5 3's per game as a 20 year old rookie last year coming off the bench. While also dishing out 5 assists per game to only 1 turnover. While only 30% of all his field goals being assisted.

Not only is that sorta absurd, but it's extremely impressive for a player of any age, let alone a 20 year old 6'5 guard that can run the floor with the ball in his hands like a gazelle.

Fox is better than Haliburton at scoring off the dribble, and we're so desperate for this archetype considering we haven't seemingly had a player pre-Maxey that could consistently do this forever. But he doesn't defend well enough for me to feel comfortable trotting him out as our lead playoff scorer with those shooting splits.

He's a 42/24/71 guy in YEAR FIVE... yuck.

Haliburton is deadeye, a tremendous pick & roll operator and has the size and length to defend guards and wings menacingly. And he already generates a tonne of steals and blocks. His upside is tantalizing. Of course I'd want some draft picks along with him, I don't think he's worth a Ben Simmons on his own.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers