ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 18 Thread - Kings (6-11) vs Sixers (9-8)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Game 18 Thread - Kings (6-11) vs Sixers (9-8) 

Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:17 pm

Read on Twitter
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,243

Re: Game 17 Thread - Kings (6-11) vs Sixers (9-8) 

Post#2 » by blind prophet » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:48 am

Struggling for a generation to be decent & have failed.

Currently 6th in the tankathon

Game 1/2 out of the 10th.

I just hope we either make the play in, or look to tank/trade etc.

Let's see what happens.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#3 » by blind prophet » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:18 am

Can all ready some difference. The Kings are getting the ball up past half court much faster. LOL but we've turned the ball over a lot too.

Used to get up around 17-18 secs in, they are crossing court around 20 left on the clock.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#4 » by blind prophet » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:31 am

Bagley in early, curious if the increased pace has any impact on his game?
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#5 » by blind prophet » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:43 am

With this pace, may be good to be guard deep.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,571

Post#6 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:20 am

This team is horrible. Unfortunately the losing mentality has already sunk in. Cant buy a bucket.

And just as Walton, no plan for late game offense. Go away from Haliburton and his 9? assits, and instead look for 3pt shots.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#7 » by sacking123 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:13 am

Possibly one of the most embarrassing losses ever. You can’t beat Phillys 4th team?
Truly horrendous. There is not 1 player on this team that at this stage moving forward you can have faith in to become a high end starter on a championship team. That’s pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#8 » by City of Trees » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:14 am

Bottom line is shots aren't falling so I don't see anything changing under Gentry until shots start to go in.

I love the passion Haliburton plays with. He has a fire in him to make his teammates better. It's clear to me after watching Hali and Fox play together that Fox doesn't make his teammates better which is crazy when he's constantly doubled and even tripled at times.

We end this streak when the shots begin to fall again.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:06 pm

Buddy and Fox had a good first half. Teammates need to step up to help. Holmes was the only other one that played decent, and its hard for a 6'8 center to get matched up against Drummond.

Barnes was absolutely trash last night. Just running into defenders and turning the ball over. I'm already back to the pt I was with him last year. Move him for a young guy with energy who is willing to move on offense. I don't think hes a particularly special player, and he certainly doesn't fit with a team trying to run.

Mitchell/Hali combining for 2/14 isn't going to cut it. Particularly Haliburton. He impacts the game in many other ways, but I swear he disappears half the game. I know we all love Davions defense, but its become clear to me that hes still upset he got drafted by Sac (body language).

Fox could have been so much better, but its really hard for me to blame him when nobody else shows up. Our offense is predictably go to Fox and let him 1 on 1. We are setting him up for failure and then blaming him when things don't go right.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#10 » by Silver Man » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:41 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Buddy and Fox had a good first half. Teammates need to step up to help. Holmes was the only other one that played decent, and its hard for a 6'8 center to get matched up against Drummond.

Barnes was absolutely trash last night. Just running into defenders and turning the ball over. I'm already back to the pt I was with him last year. Move him for a young guy with energy who is willing to move on offense. I don't think hes a particularly special player, and he certainly doesn't fit with a team trying to run.

Mitchell/Hali combining for 2/14 isn't going to cut it. Particularly Haliburton. He impacts the game in many other ways, but I swear he disappears half the game. I know we all love Davions defense, but its become clear to me that hes still upset he got drafted by Sac (body language).

Fox could have been so much better, but its really hard for me to blame him when nobody else shows up. Our offense is predictably go to Fox and let him 1 on 1. We are setting him up for failure and then blaming him when things don't go right.

Agreed, but it's also probably pretty difficult going from national champion as the guy to being drafted to basketball hell with a Fox, Haliburton and Buddy battling him for minutes.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#11 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:30 pm

Silver Man wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Buddy and Fox had a good first half. Teammates need to step up to help. Holmes was the only other one that played decent, and its hard for a 6'8 center to get matched up against Drummond.

Agreed, but it's also probably pretty difficult going from national champion as the guy to being drafted to basketball hell with a Fox, Haliburton and Buddy battling him for minutes.

Whatever the reason...

Its amazing to me that Kings fans love to pick on Buddy and scape goat him last year. He deserved a lot of it. This year after a hot start, Barnes has been absolutely trash, and some reason he never gets talked about.

Now this year Fox gets all the blame. Again, he deserves a lot of it. But I hardly see anyone mention that Mitchell is taking stupid shots, getting blocked going to the rim, and generally looks unexcited.

Honestly I don't really care anymore. My hope for this team is about as shot as its been in years. I had little faith coming into the season. Same garbage coach, same garbage squad. I blame Monte but again, it seems hes invincible to criticism.

We took a 30 win team, added a rookie and Tristan Thompson and thought somehow we would be different. Silly.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#12 » by blind prophet » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:28 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Silver Man wrote:

Whatever the reason...

Its amazing to me that Kings fans love to pick on Buddy and scape goat him last year. He deserved a lot of it. This year after a hot start, Barnes has been absolutely trash, and some reason he never gets talked about.

Now this year Fox gets all the blame. Again, he deserves a lot of it. But I hardly see anyone mention that Mitchell is taking stupid shots, getting blocked going to the rim, and generally looks unexcited.

Honestly I don't really care anymore. My hope for this team is about as shot as its been in years. I had little faith coming into the season. Same garbage coach, same garbage squad. I blame Monte but again, it seems hes invincible to criticism.

We took a 30 win team, added a rookie and Tristan Thompson and thought somehow we would be different. Silly.

1320, Damien's show I think it was recently did bring up Monte. Brought up Tristan, Harkless, Davis. That hasn't given us anything and tied up cap. I think we could of tried to move Wright for a wing of some sorts that could of got minutes.

I agree with them.

So far has drafted fine. I'm pretty sure Vivek wouldn't let him hire a new coach because he is cheap. Not going to assume Monte wanted it to be this way.

It is amazing to me after all these years we may need to scrap everything down, we haven't even got anywhere.

The only saving grace is we don't have any terrible long term money.

I remember for years and years SacKingZZZ & I would get sick and tired of middling vets and bad loot. Many people always said nah so & so are decent good etc.

We failed to surround Cousins with a suitable teammates then sold low. Looks like we may be doing the same with Fox who is nowhere near as impactful as Cousins was.

We've never truly developed/scrapped.

Always just good enough to screw ourselves without ever getting anywhere and obviously wasted to Luka opportunity.

Should we try for the rest of the year before blowing it up? Or now?

If I were the GM I'd be on the phone seeing what I could get for everyone, if the returns were good enough pull the trigger. Keep Tyrese, have to get a real good deal for Mitchell.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#13 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:43 pm

blind prophet wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Silver Man wrote:

Whatever the reason...

1320, Damien's show I think it was recently did bring up Monte. Brought up Tristan, Harkless, Davis. That hasn't given us anything and tied up cap. I think we could of tried to move Wright for a wing of some sorts that could of got minutes.

I agree with them.

So far has drafted fine. I'm pretty sure Vivek wouldn't let him hire a new coach because he is cheap. Not going to assume Monte wanted it to be this way.

It is amazing to me after all these years we may need to scrap everything down, we haven't even got anywhere.

The only saving grace is we don't have any terrible long term money.

I remember for years and years SacKingZZZ & I would get sick and tired of middling vets and bad loot. Many people always said nah so & so are decent good etc.

We failed to surround Cousins with a suitable teammates then sold low. Looks like we may be doing the same with Fox who is nowhere near as impactful as Cousins was.

We've never truly developed/scrapped.

Always just good enough to screw ourselves without ever getting anywhere and obviously wasted to Luka opportunity.

Should we try for the rest of the year before blowing it up? Or now?

If I were the GM I'd be on the phone seeing what I could get for everyone, if the returns were good enough pull the trigger. Keep Tyrese, have to get a real good deal for Mitchell.

Its just a never ending cycle with this team.

Get just barely good enough to have hope. Rush the process with middling vets like you said. Then fall into the 10-12 seed for a few years, before we fire the coach and start over again. Rinse and Repeat.

I've advocated since middle of last year that this team should have traded Barnes. Its not that he isn't a decent player, but hes not good enough to be one of your top 3 guys (unless your top 2 are KD/Harden or Lebron/AD). So why are we keeping a guy like that and ruining his value? Its going to be a situation where we hold him until next deadline and get minimal value, he walks out of the door like Bogdan, or maybe even worst case we overpay him another 4 years on the wrong side of 30.

I agree. Personally id hold Fox/Hali/Holmes. The 3 guys who have shown the most and have the ability to play up tempo and run. Then id surround them with fast players who love to run.

I'm not the biggest Simmons fan, I think it was clear before they lost half their team that swapping in Maxey for Simmons made them better. But... Even if we want to go after Simmons. Id offer something around Barnes + Mitchell. I get that Fox/Simmons/Holmes is terrible spacing, but that team can run. Putting Hield/Hali helps the spacing, and it improves our overall talent. What we have isn't working, go with something less traditional and add more talent instead of swapping our best guy for someone else.

I'm dying to see Fox play with real talent. He isn't a #1, but I think he would settle in great as a #2.

Return to Sacramento Kings