ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Juluis Randle a fraud?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Is Randle A Fraud?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 101

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Re: Is Juluis Randle a fraud? 

Post#201 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:04 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:Repeating last year's performance was gonna be tough but I still had high expectations (even drafted him in both my fantasy leagues)

I do wonder what the effect of not having fans had on him. was that the reason he was so good?

I expect him to rebound, but idk about if he'll make it back to last years level

Selling high is something the Knicks never do (except w/ Mook), but maybe it would've been best to do so. this team looks like it's probably a 7/8 seed, which is a tough place to be in the NBA, but I'm still hoping they win: they need to because it's the path they committed themselves to

Teams have figured out how to guard the low talented and offensively predicable Knicks (of which Randle is the most offensively talented of). That's really what is happening and what has happened. Folks want Randle to make his teammates better but fail to realize that even in the best of circumstances (and we're obviously not in that place right lol) you can only squeeze so much blood (production) from a stone (the Knicks offensive talent). Nor is his forte making others better (which should not be a surprise but yet seems to be still for too many people).

This is not defending Randle (who has looked absolutely terrible) but to point out to the reality that is far beyond just Randle here and that not everything folks are trying to pin on the guy is within his control.

The Knicks need more help...be it from a talent standpoint or a play calling standpoint (most likely both short of landing a superstar shot creator). Their offensive system is simplistic and predictable. That's visible when you actually try to watch them play on offense and not just stare at the boxscore. I actually challenge people to try and actually really focus on how they run their offense and compare it against basically the other team (any other team they play). Pretty much almost always you'll notice that the other teams offense runs more plays, uses screens better, spreads the floor better, etc., etc.) Now that may be due to lack of talent to run alternative flows or sure it could be an over needed reliance on one player but that is the problem. Randle is a part of it, not the center of it. He's not the sole cause of it and he's not going to be the solution of it either.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,050

Post#202 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:10 pm

He's not a fraud. He is what he is. His contract is making the FO look like frauds.
:beer: RIP mags
KNIXFAN_83
Analyst
And1: 1,320

Post#203 » by KNIXFAN_83 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:17 pm

This team is not going anywhere nor developing anyone with Julius dominating minutes and the ball. We can all sit here and blame Kemba, RJ, and Evan but they have to play with Julius all the damn time. They don’t get break from his play so we don’t even know how we look without him on the court. I love Julius as a person but his game (over dribbling, poor shot selection, costly turnover, and what i hate the most passing the ball only to force the play to pass it back) has to go. I say work something and get Ben in here to fill his spot. We need intelligence on the court and I’m sorry he’s just not a high IQ player. Still a good one tho but not a first option.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#204 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:19 pm

KNIXFAN_83 wrote:This team is not going anywhere nor developing anyone with Julius dominating minutes and the ball. We can all sit here and blame Kemba, RJ, and Evan but they have to play with Julius all the damn time. They don’t get break from his play so we don’t even know how we look without him on the court. I love Julius as a person but his game (over dribbling, poor shot selection, costly turnover, and what i hate the most passing the ball only to force the play to pass it back) has to go. I say work something and get Ben in here to fill his spot. We need intelligence on the court and I’m sorry he’s just not a high IQ player. Still a good one tho but not a first option.

Ben Simmons can't handle pressure. He's showing that loud and clear in Philly. Nor can he handle being depended upon to be anywhere near the guy. Yet you want to put him into the pressure cooker here? Especially since he will be replacing the Knicks defacto no.1 option he'll be expected to carry the load. This is the greatest example of the grass is greener POV.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,494

Post#205 » by Meat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:23 pm

moocow007 wrote:
KNIXFAN_83 wrote:This team is not going anywhere nor developing anyone with Julius dominating minutes and the ball. We can all sit here and blame Kemba, RJ, and Evan but they have to play with Julius all the damn time. They don’t get break from his play so we don’t even know how we look without him on the court. I love Julius as a person but his game (over dribbling, poor shot selection, costly turnover, and what i hate the most passing the ball only to force the play to pass it back) has to go. I say work something and get Ben in here to fill his spot. We need intelligence on the court and I’m sorry he’s just not a high IQ player. Still a good one tho but not a first option.

Ben Simmons can't handle pressure. He's showing that loud and clear in Philly. Nor can he handle being depended upon to be anywhere near the guy. Yet you want to put him into the pressure cooker here? Especially since he will be replacing the Knicks defacto no.1 option he'll be expected to carry the load. This is the greatest example of the grass is greener POV.

pressure cooker? philly was expected to contend for the chip, the knicks are hoping to contend for a playoff spot
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#206 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:49 pm

Meat wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

pressure cooker? philly was expected to contend for the chip, the knicks are hoping to contend for a playoff spot

Philly had 2 other offensive options including an arguable MVP caliber no.1 to not have Simmons need to do a lot...and still Simmons turned into a girl...with angst issues. If his reaction to Philly fans wanting him to actually do more (see 99.44% of this boards posts) was to basically curl into a fetal position, what do you honestly believe he'll do once he hits NY (where he won't have 2 better players around him) and you guys do the same thing (and you know it's going to happen) ? Honestly. Why would NY (media and fans) treat Simmons any differently than they've treated any other "best player on the team" when they fail to pull gold out their butt? And when they turn on him why would he react any differently than how he's reacted to what happened in Philly?

Return to New York Knicks