Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Did Lebron intentionally hit Stewart?

Yes
82%
No
12%
I am still doing research
6%

Total votes: 428

LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Re: Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex 

Post#641 » by LAL1947 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:21 pm

ItsDanger wrote:NBA refs could take a lesson from NHL refs. They get in between the 2 quickly. Part of what happens is the pressure on one side to not back down publicly so the refs can eliminate that by imposing themselves between them. De-escalation measures.

One problem with this is that NBA players are a whole lot bigger than NHL players.

A second problem is, why should the refs have to? They are not paid to put themselves in harm's way.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,766

Post#642 » by nikster » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:23 pm

Liqourish wrote:
nikster wrote:
Liqourish wrote:
Jokic pushed a guy in retaliation. LeBron punch a guy in the face unprovoked. They are not the same situations.

Jokic intentionally body checked a guy from behind. Provoked or not, that is more dangerous and more intentional than what Lebron did.

That's why Morris got stitches and went through concussion protocols? Thought so.

Yeah, That's why Morris is missing at least 10 games with whiplash (7 and counting right now) while Stewart should be back within a week.
nikster
RealGM

Post#643 » by nikster » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:25 pm

HEAT33 wrote:Jokic just should pushed and probably should of got 2-3 games

LeCheapshot sucker punched a man that wasn’t even looking. He did it intentional and should get a minimum 5 games

Jokic body checked someone who wasnt looking and that player has missed 7 games and counting
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#644 » by LAL1947 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:25 pm

nikster wrote:
Liqourish wrote:
J_T wrote:Terrible decision. LBJ should have got at least 2 games, if not 3. He threw the first punch, he started it all. Anyone else would have got more.

If I'm Stewart I'm looking for a chance to injure Lebron on Sunday. Enough is enough. Lebron needs to apologize or he should face the consequences. The league will not teach him a lesson, so the players have to.

Correction: LeBron threw the ONLY punch.

So if punching a guy gets a one game suspension but reacting gets you two, might as well punch him back.

Great precedent set.

Hits like Lebrons have routinely been 1 game suspension (see Jokic). Trying to charge at a player and escalating a situation 3 different times is much worse

1) You cannot compare Lebron's hit to Jokic's hit. Lebron was the aggressor, Jokic was retaliatory.

2) JR Smith got a 2 game suspension for a very similar hit on Crowder. IMO, Lebron's hit on Stewart was worse than JR's.

3) Agreed with you that trying to charge at a player and escalating a situation 3 different times is bad... but I'm willing to give Stewart a concession since he was hit unprovoked. I think the league did good to give him a 2-game suspension... but they should have given Lebron a 2-game suspension too, i.e., the same as they gave JR Smith.
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,081

Post#645 » by AmIWrongDude » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:26 pm

nikster wrote:
Liqourish wrote:
nikster wrote:Jokic intentionally body checked a guy from behind. Provoked or not, that is more dangerous and more intentional than what Lebron did.

That's why Morris got stitches and went through concussion protocols? Thought so.

Yeah, That's why Morris is missing at least 10 games with whiplash (7 and counting right now) while Stewart should be back within a week.

"Thought so" lol
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#646 » by LivingLegend » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:28 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
nikster wrote:
Liqourish wrote:

So if punching a guy gets a one game suspension but reacting gets you two, might as well punch him back.

Great precedent set.

Hits like Lebrons have routinely been 1 game suspension (see Jokic). Trying to charge at a player and escalating a situation 3 different times is much worse

1) You cannot compare Lebron's hit to Jokic's hit. Lebron was the aggressor, Jokic was retaliatory.

2) J R Smith got a 2 game suspension for a very similar hit to Crowder. IMO, Lebron's hit on Stewart was worse than JR's.

3) Agreed with you that trying to charge at a player and escalating a situation 3 different times is bad... but I'm willing to give Stewart a concession since he was hit unprovoked.

Nope. The reason leBron pushed back against stewart is because he was trying to manhandle him out of the paint during a boxout. Stewart getting swiped in the face was a reaction to getting shoved.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#647 » by LAL1947 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:29 pm

nikster wrote:
HEAT33 wrote:Jokic just should pushed and probably should of got 2-3 games

LeCheapshot sucker punched a man that wasn’t even looking. He did it intentional and should get a minimum 5 games

Jokic body checked someone who wasnt looking and that player has missed 7 games and counting

Good. Perhaps, that will teach Morris not to go around throwing elbows into people's ribs and trying to injure them.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#648 » by LAL1947 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:33 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
nikster wrote:Hits like Lebrons have routinely been 1 game suspension (see Jokic). Trying to charge at a player and escalating a situation 3 different times is much worse

Nope. The reason leBron pushed back against stewart is because he was trying to manhandle him out of the paint during a boxout. Stewart getting swiped in the face was a reaction to getting shoved.

Are you seriously trying to compare what Stewart did while boxing out Lebron, i.e., pushing away with his arm... to Morris' blatant elbow thrown into Jokic's ribs + trying to take out Jokic's knee? If yes, I feel the need to say... compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges or grapes.
J_T
Veteran
And1: 1,843

Post#649 » by J_T » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:37 pm

Where's Stewart Brothers' twitter account?
nikster
RealGM

Post#650 » by nikster » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:40 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
nikster wrote:
Liqourish wrote:

Great precedent set.

2) JR Smith got a 2 game suspension for a very similar hit on Crowder. IMO, Lebron's hit on Stewart was worse than JR's.

3) Agreed with you that trying to charge at a player and escalating a situation 3 different times is bad... but I'm willing to give Stewart a concession since he was hit unprovoked.

Jokic was retaliatory, but Jokic meant to body check Morris in the back, I dont think Lebron meant to his Stewart in the face. Plus Jokic hit was way more dangerous, that could have caused some serious damage to the neck or spine.

I dont see Lebrons hit as worse then JRs

In every single scuffle there is someone who is provoked. League cant allow them to behave like Stewart did
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#651 » by LAL1947 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:57 pm

nikster wrote:
Liqourish wrote:
nikster wrote:Hits like Lebrons have routinely been 1 game suspension (see Jokic). Trying to charge at a player and escalating a situation 3 different times is much worse

Jokic pushed a guy in retaliation. LeBron punch a guy in the face unprovoked. They are not the same situations.

Jokic intentionally body checked a guy from behind. Provoked or not, that is more dangerous and more intentional than what Lebron did.

I dont see Lebrons hit as worse then JRs

You really need to stop bringing the Jokic-Morris incident into this. Yes, Jokic intentionally body checked a guy from behind... but only AFTER that other guy blind-sided Jokic first, intentionally throwing his elbow into Jokic's ribs to cause injury and almost taking out his knees too. Morris tried to cause bodily harm to Jokic, so Jokic's reaction was directly proportional.

If you want to compare Lebron-Stewart to another incident, then look no further than JR Smith-Crowder. The NBA themselves decided that what JR Smith did was worthy of a 2-game suspension. I shouldn't say one was better or worse here, so you're right there. Lebron did exactly the same as JR Smith, and should have gotten a 2-game suspension too... except, he's a star and the face of the league, so he got away with a 1-game suspension.
Appwrangler
Junior
And1: 263

Post#652 » by Appwrangler » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:03 pm

Say what you will about Lebron, he’s no idiot. He didn’t get chucked in the back and suffer whiplash like Morris because, after punching a guy, he backed up and kept his eye on him. Watch and learn Markieff.
nikster
RealGM

Post#653 » by nikster » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:09 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
nikster wrote:
Liqourish wrote:

You really need to stop bringing the Jokic-Morris incident into this. Yes, Jokic intentionally body checked a guy from behind... but only AFTER that other guy blind-sided Jokic first, intentionally throwing his elbow into Jokic's ribs to cause injury and almost taking out his knees too. Morris tried to cause bodily harm to Jokic, so Jokic's reaction was directly proportional.

If you want to compare Lebron-Stewart to another incident, then look no further than JR Smith-Crowder. The NBA themselves decided that what JR Smith did was worthy of a 2-game suspension. Lebron did exactly the same as JR Smith, and should have gotten a 2-game suspension too... except, he's a star and the face of the league, so he got away with a 1-game suspension.

Jokic was capable of finishing the game while Morris might miss a month of basketball. Directly proportional....

I think JRs is worse then Lebron. Could easily see Lebrons situation as him trying to swing his arm off as he is being pushed. JR seemed to have more intent, showed no remorse, and was in the playoffs. Having a hard time seeing how the 1 game difference is some conspiracy to protect Lebron
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#654 » by Liqourish » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:10 pm

nikster wrote:
Liqourish wrote:
nikster wrote:Jokic intentionally body checked a guy from behind. Provoked or not, that is more dangerous and more intentional than what Lebron did.

Pushing a guy is not more dangerous that punching someone in the head. But glad Morris's life threatening shove is not going to hinder him long term. Maybe next time, he won't provoke someone, like Lebron did by punching a player.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,120

Post#655 » by GSWFan1994 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:13 pm

I know it's not related to the thread, but I must say I'm happy to see Morris is still out for I don't know many games and counting...

As they say in the streets, "karma is a bitch!"
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,348

Post#656 » by hoophabit » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:14 pm

Obviously, the league bought the 'Lyin King's' excuse.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#657 » by LAL1947 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:16 pm

nikster wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

If you want to compare Lebron-Stewart to another incident, then look no further than JR Smith-Crowder. The NBA themselves decided that what JR Smith did was worthy of a 2-game suspension. Lebron did exactly the same as JR Smith, and should have gotten a 2-game suspension too... except, he's a star and the face of the league, so he got away with a 1-game suspension.

Jokic was capable of finishing the game while Morris might miss a month of basketball. Directly proportional.

The actions were directly proportional and the retaliation was just, AFAIC. The results differed since Jokic is bigger than Morris... but it's not like Morris is some weak, geeky, nerd that Jokic decided to bully or pick on for no good reason. Morris is a big, strong guy himself and got exactly what he deserved there... tried to injure Jokic, but got injured himself.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#658 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:52 pm

It does NOT matter if Lebron intended to hit him or not.

When you are boxing out, there will be shoving and pushing. You CANNOT get frustrated and lash out and be like "get off me!" because you can hurt someone. As Lebron clearly did.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,865

Post#659 » by Boardbreaker » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:55 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

2) J R Smith got a 2 game suspension for a very similar hit to Crowder. IMO, Lebron's hit on Stewart was worse than JR's.

What was excessive about what Stewart did that warranted Lebron to react like he did? He wasn’t being held, Stewart wasn’t hooking his arm and it wasn’t a forearm shot to Lebron’s ribs like some have implied. If he didn’t like the box out he could have simply moved back but he decided to take a cheap shot instead. Lebron knew what he was doing otherwise he would have protested the flagrant.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 25,992

Post#660 » by Childs » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:59 pm

I was expecting Stewart to do this

Return to The General Board