ImageImageImage

OT: Meme stocks

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Re: OT: Meme stocks 

Post#141 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:37 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
You said there was no margin call before. Now you’re saying there was one?

Regardless, we will see who’s right eventually. Either AMC and GME go back to $5 or they will rise further. Right now the battle is still going on so claiming one side won or lost is premature. The shorts still haven’t covered and they want to drive the price back down but haven’t succeeded and they spend loads every day to keep the price down. Neither one of us know how much naked shorting has happened and how many shorted shares will need to be covered but we will see who’s right.

Given your smug and condescending attitude, I imagine you’re at some low level position for these POS institutions who use dirty and illegal tactics to steal money from regular people. These dirty actors are being exposed more each day and I look forward to the day when it all burns down. I am doing my part to help that effort, and if I lose my money in the process it will have been worth it.

I have no idea where either position will end up. Theyre meme stocks now and not following traditional market expectations. All I know is that any subsequent appreciation is not due to a short squeeze— funds are still scared from January and the large banks risk departments wont sign off on any shorts unless theyre excessively collateralized which took away any upside for the funds.

The only smug one here is you— you think you have me pegged but you don’t at all. Figures though, you are the embodiment of the Dunning Kruger effect and have created massive conspiracy’s and delusions of grandeur where you can save the day. Enjoy your life.

I see you are already hedging your bet ;)

Seriously though, we will all know if this squeezes or not.
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#142 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Ok, I’ll play: what margin got called by who and why?

Spoiler:
The DTCC is an independent third party that settles every trade that occurs, allowing the equity to be registered in your name and you to actually own a portion of whatever company you transact in. Transactions are settled on a ‘deliver vs payment’ method, when the shares are exchanged between parties simultaneously against cash.

In order to function and alleviate their own risk in this process (i.e. make sure theyre not stuck with volatile shares that dropped precipitously if payment failed), they demanded cash as collateral from brokerages. Robinhood [and others] did not have the cash and the clearing agent largely shut them off.

The SEC hasnt done anything because nothing illegal or nefarious occurred.

Once again you are speaking on stuff you haven’t followed. Ken Griffin/Citadel recently tweeted about this because messages came to light that citadel and Robinhood were communicating with each other just before the buy button was taken away. Citadel tweeted Robinhood had been margin called.
And you are just echoing what you have read on WSB.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Never even looked at that site. Sounds like it sucks now.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#143 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:43 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
Regardless, we will see who’s right eventually. Either AMC and GME go back to $5 or they will rise further. Right now the battle is still going on so claiming one side won or lost is premature. The shorts still haven’t covered and they want to drive the price back down but haven’t succeeded and they spend loads every day to keep the price down. Neither one of us know how much naked shorting has happened and how many shorted shares will need to be covered but we will see who’s right.

Given your smug and condescending attitude, I imagine you’re at some low level position for these POS institutions who use dirty and illegal tactics to steal money from regular people. These dirty actors are being exposed more each day and I look forward to the day when it all burns down. I am doing my part to help that effort, and if I lose my money in the process it will have been worth it.

I have no idea where either position will end up. Theyre meme stocks now and not following traditional market expectations. All I know is that any subsequent appreciation is not due to a short squeeze— funds are still scared from January and the large banks risk departments wont sign off on any shorts unless theyre excessively collateralized which took away any upside for the funds.

The only smug one here is you— you think you have me pegged but you don’t at all. Figures though, you are the embodiment of the Dunning Kruger effect and have created massive conspiracy’s and delusions of grandeur where you can save the day. Enjoy your life.

I see you are already hedging your bet ;)

Seriously though, we will all know if this squeezes or not.

I’ve never said it will go down to zero. Just maintained that this hasnt been a short squeeze and will not become one under the current facts and circumstances. If the short interest rises materially, this can always change.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#144 » by greenroom31 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:35 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
You mean this tweet:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Which reference these articles:

https://fortune.com/2021/02/02/robinhood-gamestop-restricted-trading-meme-stocks-gme-amc-vlad-tenev-nscc/

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gamestop-amc-trading-is-now-being-restricted-at-td-ameritrade-11611769804

Which state exactly what I’ve explained to you in my posts above?

I said that the DTCC called in massive amounts of cash collateral which resulted in disrupted trading. You said ‘Correction: there was actually a margin call’

You tell me which one of us is right.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#145 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:22 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:

I said that the DTCC called in massive amounts of cash collateral which resulted in disrupted trading. You said ‘Correction: there was actually a margin call’

Read over his posts. First he says “there was no margin call” and then he changed his story after when reminded that Citadel indicated there was a margin call.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#146 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:31 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
greenroom31 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Read over his posts. First he says “there was no margin call” and then he changed his story after when reminded that Citadel indicated there was a margin call.

The term ‘Margin Call’ is typically used in the industry for derivatives or short sales. That obviously was not occurring in this instance with Robinhood or other retail brokerages. Citadel used that term as its one more recognizably publicly.

From the start I mentioned that the DTCC wanted cash collateral to offset their risk when clearing trades in that name. You told me I was wrong. I never changed my story. You have repeatedly over the past year.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#147 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:39 pm

Return to Boston Celtics