ImageImageImage

Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,420

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#541 » by Eyeamok » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:05 pm

Let the Benjamin's Burn.....let the Benjamin's burn. According to reports he lost about 2.1 million in fines from this road trip, for not showing up. And the 76ers want him to provided a plan for a way forward. Poor Ben any minute now Klutch is going to come out with a statement saying that he has "lost his love for the game !" Then the retirement rumors will start.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Post#542 » by LofJ » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:17 pm

I want to see you guys to give the middle finger to Klutch and trade Simmons to the Lakers for Lebron. Klutch isn't going to burn the LA bridge; and since Lebron is the defacto leader of the agency if you end up winning I doubt you'll have burned your bridge with them long-term either. But man will they be pissed when they first find out.
Madd Squabbles
Junior
And1: 192

Post#543 » by Madd Squabbles » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:07 pm

Kolkmania wrote:
GWPhilly34 wrote:Maxey has earned his spot IMO. There are only a few guys worthy of playing over him in this league and we aren’t getting them for Simmons. Curry is doing unbelievable things too. I’ve been saying it but small forward is the position to try and upgrade. Ingram I believe is the perfect fit that isn’t a pipe dream.

Do you really think that Ingram is available? They should tank this year (aka sit Zion as long as possible) and try to draft another stud. That core will have enough talent to rise to the upper echelons of the West.

A Zion and Simmons combo doesn't make any sense, so if Ingram is available a third team should be involved.

If I'm the Pels they can still draft a stud without having to sacrifice Ingram. In my opinion, Ingram is only available for Simmons plus assets (2 FRPs). If I'm the Pels I let Simmons sit out till the All-Star break to get himself together as the Rockets did with Kevin Porter Jr. when they traded for him.

I'd also let Zion sit out until he is in shape. in the off-season, I would put together a package of Simmons and the high lotto pick to a team like OKC for SGA.
Madd Squabbles
Junior

Post#544 » by Madd Squabbles » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:17 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Kolkmania wrote:
GWPhilly34 wrote:Maxey has earned his spot IMO. There are only a few guys worthy of playing over him in this league and we aren’t getting them for Simmons. Curry is doing unbelievable things too. I’ve been saying it but small forward is the position to try and upgrade. Ingram I believe is the perfect fit that isn’t a pipe dream.

Do you really think that Ingram is available? They should tank this year (aka sit Zion as long as possible) and try to draft another stud. That core will have enough talent to rise to the upper echelons of the West.

A Zion and Simmons combo doesn't make any sense, so if Ingram is available a third team should be involved.

Feels like

Sixers get Ingram
Minny or the Kings get Simmons
Pelicans get Fox or Russell +whatever nominal assets from the third team and/or the Sixers as needed

makes as much sense as any fake 3 way trade in recent memory. Wolves and Kings could use what Simmons brings, Pelicans could use a guard and assets that won't mess up a potential tank. I could see them talking themselves into Russell being a better fit with Zion, or just saying Fox is good and despite the shooting him and Zion on the break would be very effective.

Obviously 3 way trades are hard to predict but seems like there's something there.

Russell is a negative asset. Ingram is a young ascending all-star type player. It will take a lot more than nominal assets to move the Pels to take that trade. If I'm the Pels I would need a FRP just for taking Russell. Then I would want a solid starter and 2 FRP's for Ingram. So if I'm the Pels I'm wanting a solid starter and 3 FRPs along with Russell.

Fox is more realistic but Ingram is still a much better player than Fox. I would probably ask for a FRP with Fox and honestly, I still wouldn't do that because Fox can't shoot and is a bad fit with Zion.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,046

Post#545 » by Sixerscan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:03 pm

Madd Squabbles wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Kolkmania wrote:

Feels like

Sixers get Ingram
Pelicans get Fox or Russell +whatever nominal assets from the third team and/or the Sixers as needed

makes as much sense as any fake 3 way trade in recent memory. Wolves and Kings could use what Simmons brings, Pelicans could use a guard and assets that won't mess up a potential tank. I could see them talking themselves into Russell being a better fit with Zion, or just saying Fox is good and despite the shooting him and Zion on the break would be very effective.

Obviously 3 way trades are hard to predict but seems like there's something there.

Russell is a negative asset. Ingram is a young ascending all-star type player. It will take a lot more than nominal assets to move the Pels to take that trade. If I'm the Pels I would need a FRP just for taking Russell. Then I would want a solid starter and 2 FRP's for Ingram. So if I'm the Pels I'm wanting a solid starter and 3 FRPs along with Russell.

Fox is more realistic but Ingram is still a much better player than Fox. I would probably ask for a FRP with Fox and honestly, I still wouldn't do that because Fox can't shoot and is a bad fit with Zion.

Nominal was the wrong word, let's say, "the assets the Pelicans need to get the trade done."

I'm pretty sure the Wolves would do 2 picks and Russell for Simmons, maybe the Sixers throw in a pick to make it work.

Not sure how we can just blanket say Griffin would dismiss Fox just because he's not a great shooter, look at some of the decisions he's made recently. Fox is younger, had a better year than Ingram last year and there have been plenty of concerns about Zion's and Ingram's fit themselves. If Ingram was really that much better they wouldn't be 3-9 in the games he's played. He's never been able to elevate that team when Zion sits.

Either way, just seems pretty obvious the Pelicans need to do something, their season is looking like a disaster. 3 wins in 19 games.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#546 » by the_process » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:08 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:I think Ingram is the logical end to this but then we need to turn our attention to trading Tobi from a fit perspective. Ingram and Tobi both stop the ball and I think we can't have 3 of those guys in the starting lineup (sometimes 4 when Seth is on one).

The emergence of Maxey is already making Tobi kind of redundant. Having two "all i do is score" guys who fight for being the second or third scoring option is a bit inefficient.

That contract is still too big and has too much years left on it to be tradeable, unless you dump him on OKC, Orlando or Houston i don't see how we trade him. That would also probably cost one or more firsts.

The early we could realistically trade Tobias is probably the next offseason when some of the stupid deals given this season start to weight on teams and when Tobias is closer to becoming a expiring

Harris for Wall would be a fine deal IMO.

Wall and Curry start, Maxey backs up both. Milton plays a little to limit Wall's minutes. Korkmaz and Thybulle at the 3, look to move Danny ASAP for someone to split minutes with Niang.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#547 » by Tomjas » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:18 pm

The Pelicans have no incentive to move Ingram anytime soon as they have virtually no chance of making the post season

They can afford to sit pat and simply collect a very high pick unless the offer is simply too good to refuse
Madd Squabbles
Junior

Post#548 » by Madd Squabbles » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:25 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Madd Squabbles wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Feels like

Sixers get Ingram

Nominal was the wrong word, let's say, "the assets the Pelicans need to get the trade done."

I'm pretty sure the Wolves would do 2 picks and Russell for Simmons, maybe the Sixers throw in a pick to make it work.

Not sure how we can just blanket say Griffin would dismiss Fox just because he's not a great shooter, look at some of the decisions he's made recently. Fox is younger, had a better year than Ingram last year and there have been plenty of concerns about Zion's and Ingram's fit themselves. If Ingram was really that much better they wouldn't be 3-9 in the games he's played. He's never been able to elevate that team when Zion sits.

Either way, just seems pretty obvious the Pelicans need to do something, their season is looking like a disaster. 3 wins in 19 games.

Not saying he would dismiss Fox. I'm saying he would dismiss Fox for Ingram. I'm sure we wouldn't mind trading NAW and spare parts for Fox, and there are no concerns about the fit between Ingram and Zion. They fit perfectly. The problem with the Pels has been the lack of a quality point guard. Last year Bledsoe was the point guard and he was horrible. This year it's Graham who is more of a miniature shooting guard. I'm sure he will look much better when Zion gets back though because Zion and Ingram do most of the ball handling.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,046

Post#549 » by Sixerscan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:41 pm

Madd Squabbles wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Madd Squabbles wrote:

Not saying he would dismiss Fox. I'm saying he would dismiss Fox for Ingram. I'm sure we wouldn't mind trading NAW and spare parts for Fox, and there are no concerns about the fit between Ingram and Zion. They fit perfectly. The problem with the Pels has been the lack of a quality point guard. Last year Bledsoe was the point guard and he was horrible. This year it's Graham who is more of a miniature shooting guard. I'm sure he will look much better when Zion gets back though because Zion and Ingram do most of the ball handling.

I'm not gonna haggle over a trade with you, the fact is it sounds like we probably disagree about the valuation by like a first round pick or two which makes me think the general constructs are within the realm of possibility.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#550 » by Kobblehead » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 pm

Stanford wrote:He also has a 2+ Steal % and a 2+ Block %, so he's basically a god

You're catching on!
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#551 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:51 pm

the_process wrote:If there’s one team that desperately needs Ben Simmons… it’s Sacramento.

NOP gets Thybulle and Fox
PHI gets Ingram, Barnes, and Bagley
SAC gets Harris and Simmons

Can we do this with Shake instead of Thybulle?

Maxey/Curry/Springer
Green/Korkmaz/Joe
Ingram/Thybulle
Barnes/Niang/Reed/Bagley
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#552 » by Kobblehead » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:02 pm

I wonder what Morey thinks of Ingram and Fox. I get the impression that he views them beneath Simmons.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#553 » by kuclas » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:07 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I wonder what Morey thinks of Ingram and Fox. I get the impression that he views them beneath Simmons.

Of course they are beneath Simmons. Most real
Nba executives would agree

They are low balling sixers to see what they can get for Simmons. Since they know Simmons doesn’t want to be here.

But it’s trickery since New Orleans and Sacramento are gonna to be so bad. The season may be lost already soon for them. What’s the point of bringing in Simmons for fox or Ingram if he’s gonna to win him an extra 2-4 games. That maybe the difference between the 2-4 pick overall or the 6-7th overall pick.
deejay8595
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#554 » by deejay8595 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:38 pm

Howard Eskin was just on WIP, and reported that he heard from a reliable source that Ben Simmons is having financial difficulties and may have to return to the team in order to pay for his lavish lifestyle. Remember Howard was the 1 who broke the Ben Simmons practicing at St.Joes news.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#555 » by Tomjas » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:48 pm

kuclas wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I wonder what Morey thinks of Ingram and Fox. I get the impression that he views them beneath Simmons.

They are low balling sixers to see what they can get for Simmons. Since they know Simmons doesn’t want to be here.

But it’s trickery since New Orleans and Sacramento are gonna to be so bad. The season may be lost already soon for them. What’s the point of bringing in Simmons for fox or Ingram if he’s gonna to win him an extra 2-4 games. That maybe the difference between the 2-4 pick overall or the 6-7th overall pick.

There’s complicating factors under both scenarios

The Pelicans will undoubtedly take note of Zion’s wishes and whether he’s happy to play with Ingram while the Kings owner doesn’t have the best of reputations when it comes to making rational basketball decisions
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#556 » by Tomjas » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:50 pm

deejay8595 wrote:Howard Eskin was just on WIP, and reported that he heard from a reliable source that Ben Simmons is having financial difficulties and may have to return to the team in order to pay for his lavish lifestyle. Remember Howard was the 1 who broke the Ben Simmons practicing at St.Joes news.

He simply retweeted someone else on the St Joe’s thing
Madd Squabbles
Junior

Post#557 » by Madd Squabbles » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:04 am

kuclas wrote:

Pels would want Maxey before Simmons.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#558 » by kuclas » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:06 am

Tomjas wrote:
deejay8595 wrote:Howard Eskin was just on WIP, and reported that he heard from a reliable source that Ben Simmons is having financial difficulties and may have to return to the team in order to pay for his lavish lifestyle. Remember Howard was the 1 who broke the Ben Simmons practicing at St.Joes news.

Simmons probably spends 1 million a month. I wouldn’t be surprised. If he makes say 30 million/12 months. That’s 2.5 million a month. Whack 50% of taxes on top of that. That’s 1.25 million a month after taxes roughly.

No income and not a lot of advertising revenue from sponsors means he can be broke soon.
The cost of mortgage and maintenance on his multiple homes has got to be at least 100k a month
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#559 » by GutUNC » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:11 am

Yeah, not buyin' it.

Me, not Simmons.
GDTBATH
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#560 » by Tomjas » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:16 am

kuclas wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

Simmons probably spends 1 million a month. I wouldn’t be surprised. If he makes say 30 million/12 months. That’s 2.5 million a month. Whack 50% of taxes on top of that. That’s 1.25 million a month after taxes roughly.

No income and not a lot of advertising revenue from sponsors means he can be broke soon.
The cost of mortgage and maintenance on his multiple homes has got to be at least 100k a month

That implies that he’s spending 30k PER DAY on other stuff while sitting in Philly

He’s got bigger problems than fts if that’s the case

Return to Philadelphia 76ers