ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Re: OT: TV and Movies 

Post#481 » by emunney » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:31 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:This season of SNL is the best it's been in years.

I haven't watched in years but watched the last two weeks. Some great talent in the new cast members. James Austin Johnson's Trump is perfect parody without getting too serious (Tony Atamaniuk's was amazing, but too dark for SNL). Legitimately the best presidential impression they've ever had. The Please Don't Destroy video/song was great. Sarah Sherman's bit on Update really killed. Seems like Lorne really crushed it last summer.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#482 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:59 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Watched the first 2 episodes of the final season of Narcos Mexico and am enjoying it (as I have with all the other seasons). I've always liked Scoot McNairy

I enjoyed Halt and Catch Fire a lot.

That was a great show.
One of the most underappreciated shows of the TV golden age. Really really good.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#483 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:04 pm

Succession:

Spoiler:
I'm losing patience. When is something of substance going to take place? It's the same story over and over 3 seasons in.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#484 » by jschligs » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:42 pm

WRau1 wrote:Got around to watching Dexter: New Blood. Could've swore I was just watching Reaident Alien but for mature audiences.

First episode was pretty meh. I thought it moved pretty slow and it was very predictable. I'll keep watching just because it'll be interesting to see who else pops up from the original series.

Couple inconsistencies annoyed me. Like how the **** does Harrison find him but not the FBI or law enforcement agencies lol. Or when Debra pulls the bullet out of her stomach it's a bullet that has the casing and was clearly never fired.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#485 » by WRau1 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:50 pm

jschligs wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Got around to watching Dexter: New Blood. Could've swore I was just watching Reaident Alien but for mature audiences.

First episode was pretty meh. I thought it moved pretty slow and it was very predictable. I'll keep watching just because it'll be interesting to see who else pops up from the original series.

Couple inconsistencies annoyed me. Like how the **** does Harrison find him but not the FBI or law enforcement agencies lol. Or when Debra pulls the bullet out of her stomach it's a bullet that has the casing and was clearly never fired.

Was the FBI or law enforcement ever looking for him? I thought he was just pronounced dead. I agree w/ you though, the Harrison thing is weird but I think he's going to end up being just like his Dad.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#486 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:09 pm

WRau1 wrote:
jschligs wrote:

Was the FBI or law enforcement ever looking for him? I thought he was just pronounced dead. I agree w/ you though, the Harrison thing is weird but I think he's going to end up being just like his Dad.

I think he was assumed dead so no search. Nothing about this show is supposed to be logical (or a majority of shows really). I enjoy it for the most part.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#487 » by jschligs » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:24 pm

That would make sense, I'll be honest it had been a while since I watched that terrible ending. I think so too, he will be the Harry to Harrison.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,743

Post#488 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:42 pm

I really liked the Alanis Morissette doc "Jagged" on HBO. I knew she was Canadian but don't think I ever realized she was a sort of teeny-bop sensation up North before she made Jagged Little Pill. Also had no idea Taylor Hawkins was the touring drummer at that time or that Radiohead opened for Morissette.

I think it's interesting she's distanced herself from the doc. I don't really know what she would be upset with it over.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#489 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:28 pm

The new ghostbusters was ok. The new characters have heart and are pretty likable but there was enough fan service to make JJ Abrams blush. Pretty emotional but to be honest, I just want a ghostbusters movie to be funny.
Do it for Chuck
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,149

Post#490 » by RRyder823 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:10 pm

The new Ghostbusters was pretty freaking awesome. No idea why it's getting the poor reviews it has. Highly recommend

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#491 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:42 am

RRyder823 wrote:The new Ghostbusters was pretty freaking awesome. No idea why it's getting the poor reviews it has. Highly recommend

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

I think it’s a good movie but not necessarily a good ghostbusters movie. In other words, I liked it but it just wasn’t funny enough.
Do it for Chuck
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#492 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:45 am

Loved Last Night in Soho.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#493 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:30 am

Iheartfootball wrote:Succession:

Spoiler:
I'm losing patience. When is something of substance going to take place? It's the same story over and over 3 seasons in.

Spoiler:
When you really think about it, there's is no "story".
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#494 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:42 am

Curb

"How do you know prayers don't work?"

"Because I'm bald".
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#495 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:32 pm

Oh hell yea.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,950

Post#496 » by Siefer » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:22 pm

Struggling to find the motivation to finish Y: The Last Man. It's got good character pieces to work with, lots of talet, and an interesting premise. I really enjoy a world that's desperation trying not tip into a post-apocalyptic hellscape. It's much more interesting to see civilization as we know it clawing tooth and nail to hang together. Unfortunately, I think I'm more interested in the world than the show, and you can feel the whirring of the gears as they pull and stretch the road trip plot out to cover multiple seasons. It's left me feeling restless and annoyed during the last few episodes in spite of the interesting character work.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,583

Post#497 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:42 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

Oh hell yea.

The Upper Decker piece floored me.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,357

Post#498 » by MoreTrife » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:21 pm

I did NOT read the Wheel of Time series but I DO read fantasy novels quite often. I'm enjoying Wheel of Time so far through two and a half episodes. Production values fairly decent, a touch too much CGI but hasn't been overboard yet or too obvious. I like a show to look expensive and realistic and this does a decent good. Good acting, a touch slow so far but it's keeping it moving.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,950

Post#499 » by Siefer » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:29 pm

There's a world where Shang Chi isn't a Marvel movie, and the 3rd act is cool as hell instead of an exposition dump wrapped in a CGI slog. Seriously, all of these **** movies have the same last 40 minutes, and it so consistently undermines what came before. My wife and I really enjoyed the first 90 minutes of this movie. The martial arts action was great, the characters and world-build were engaging, and the pacing was zippy. But then we had to do the thing, and the fights became magical, the plot started tumbling out in monologues, and Disney's trademark "cluttered CGI that moves unnaturally, feels weightless, and has no sense of space" took over to close the movie out.

Spoiler:
The dragon was pretty cool, I guess.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#500 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:11 pm

Episode 3 of Dexter: New Blood was good. Curious to see how the season plays out with Harrison, Dexter's girlfriend and the rest of the group. It was weird seeing another episode where he didn't kill someone ha

Return to Milwaukee Bucks