Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Did Lebron intentionally hit Stewart?

Yes
82%
No
12%
I am still doing research
6%

Total votes: 428

nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,881

Re: Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex 

Post#661 » by nikster » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:00 pm

Boardbreaker wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:1) You cannot compare Lebron's hit to Jokic's hit. Lebron was the aggressor, Jokic was retaliatory.

2) J R Smith got a 2 game suspension for a very similar hit to Crowder. IMO, Lebron's hit on Stewart was worse than JR's.

3) Agreed with you that trying to charge at a player and escalating a situation 3 different times is bad... but I'm willing to give Stewart a concession since he was hit unprovoked.

Nope. The reason leBron pushed back against stewart is because he was trying to manhandle him out of the paint during a boxout. Stewart getting swiped in the face was a reaction to getting shoved.

What was excessive about what Stewart did that warranted Lebron to react like he did? He wasn’t being held, Stewart wasn’t hooking his arm and it wasn’t a forearm shot to Lebron’s ribs like some have implied. If he didn’t like the box out he could have simply moved back but he decided to take a cheap shot instead. Lebron knew what he was doing otherwise he would have protested the flagrant.

Why would that matter? He realized he hit someone in the face and drew blood, thats an easy flagrant intentional or not. Would be stupid to protest it
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,889

Post#662 » by Boardbreaker » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:07 pm

nikster wrote:
Boardbreaker wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Nope. The reason leBron pushed back against stewart is because he was trying to manhandle him out of the paint during a boxout. Stewart getting swiped in the face was a reaction to getting shoved.

What was excessive about what Stewart did that warranted Lebron to react like he did? He wasn’t being held, Stewart wasn’t hooking his arm and it wasn’t a forearm shot to Lebron’s ribs like some have implied. If he didn’t like the box out he could have simply moved back but he decided to take a cheap shot instead. Lebron knew what he was doing otherwise he would have protested the flagrant.

Why would that matter? He realized he hit someone in the face and drew blood, thats an easy flagrant intentional or not. Would be stupid to protest it

If it wasn’t intentional or if he thought Stewart was doing something dirty then would he not have tried to plead his case? This is a guy that complains any time a foul is called on him. The fact that he stood there and accepted it the whole time is telling. His reaction was more “I **** up” than someone who did something accidentally.
nikster
RealGM

Post#663 » by nikster » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:14 pm

Boardbreaker wrote:
nikster wrote:
Boardbreaker wrote:

If it wasn’t intentional or if he thought Stewart was doing something dirty then would he not have tried to plead his case? This is a guy that complains any time a foul is called on him. The fact that he stood there and accepted it the whole time is telling. His reaction was more “I **** up” than someone who did something accidentally.

His reaction was I **** up because he didn't mean to hit him the head... The swing was intentional, contact with face was not. Once he hit him in the head there's no arguing that call no matter what his intention
nikster
RealGM

Post#664 » by nikster » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:20 pm

:evil:
Liqourish wrote:
nikster wrote:
Liqourish wrote:
That's why Morris got stitches and went through concussion protocols? Thought so.

Yeah, That's why Morris is missing at least 10 games with whiplash (7 and counting right now) while Stewart should be back within a week.

Pushing a guy is not more dangerous that punching someone in the head. But glad Morris's life threatening shove is not going to hinder him long term. Maybe next time, he won't provoke someone, like Lebron did by punching a player.

Whiplash is no joke, people get messed up all the time from fender benders. Getting body checked from behind like that can Definetly cause permanent damage to the neck or spine.
Fade_awayJ
Sophomore
And1: 304

Post#665 » by Fade_awayJ » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:24 pm

Such BS..this is why folks hate Lebiatch..stands over Draymond in finals, wont move, Dray gets up
..boom suspended and finals gifted to this chump. Jordan was the peoples champ, this guy is the peoples bit...
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,473

Post#666 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:31 pm

Snakebites wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:So you're saying intent is less severe than lack of intent?

Seeing as I just posted that I don't think their intention was really all that different, and you lead with this, I don't think you're really interested in understanding what I have to say.

I don't really see a viable way to move forward here. Have a good one.

Active listening is posing the question back to the speaker in an attempt to truly understand rather than assume.
Seeing how you assumed that I was either trolling or simply not worth your time as it pertained to my seeking to understand you, and seeing how you flat out ignored the rest of my quote, I think that your conclusion is fitting, though your process, in my opinion, definitely was not.

Have a good day.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,473

Post#667 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:32 pm

Fade_awayJ wrote:Such BS..this is why folks hate Lebiatch..stands over Draymond in finals, wont move, Dray gets up
..boom suspended and finals gifted to this chump. Jordan was the peoples champ, this guy is the peoples bit...

Go and rewatch the replay.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,767

Post#668 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:25 pm

cl2117 wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:Some make it sound as if Lebron suckered punch the guy. He was trying to disengage himself as they were tangled up during the free throw and in the process caught the guy twice in one motion. No I’ll intent.

Hitting someone in the face with a closed fist while they're not expecting it is the definition of a sucker punch....

LeBron obviously didn't intend to do that kind of damage, but he was definitely trying to sucker punch Stewart.

Sucker "punch" isn't the most appropriate description since it wasn't really a punch but more of a swipe, but the "sucker" element of it stems from him purposefully smacking him while he's not looking because he was annoyed. It's not a basketball play, LBJ knows better, which is why he was immediately apologizing.

You forgot the most important element for a sucker punch to qualify as a sucker punch and that is the intent. The intent was not there. Was it a basketball move? No. Did he get him in the face? Yes twice. Did Lebron walk up to him casually and deck him? No! They were tangled up and in his frustration to disengage he caught him twice in one motion. So no not a sucker punch.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#669 » by Liqourish » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:32 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
cl2117 wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:Some make it sound as if Lebron suckered punch the guy. He was trying to disengage himself as they were tangled up during the free throw and in the process caught the guy twice in one motion. No I’ll intent.

Hitting someone in the face with a closed fist while they're not expecting it is the definition of a sucker punch....

LeBron obviously didn't intend to do that kind of damage, but he was definitely trying to sucker punch Stewart.

Sucker "punch" isn't the most appropriate description since it wasn't really a punch but more of a swipe, but the "sucker" element of it stems from him purposefully smacking him while he's not looking because he was annoyed. It's not a basketball play, LBJ knows better, which is why he was immediately apologizing.

You forgot the most important element for a sucker punch to qualify as a sucker punch and that is the intent. The intent was not there. Was it a basketball move? No. Did he get him in the face? Yes twice. Did Lebron walk up to him casually and deck him? No! They were tangled up and in his frustration to disengage he caught him twice in one motion. So no not a sucker punch.

They weren't "tangled up". Stewart had one hand on Lebron's back and another on DeAndre Jordan. All Lebron had to do was move. Instead he punched the guy in the face.

I don't even care that Stewart got suspended for two games. I didn't think Lebron would be suspended at all. But the lengths some people will go to to make excuses for what he did is obscene.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,348

Post#670 » by flow » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:35 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
cl2117 wrote:

Sucker punches are often born out of frustration.

It wasn't a sucker punch because the two were already engaged. Not because there was a lack of intent. The intent was there.

Regardless, we're parsing the term 'sucker punch' unncessarily. Unequivocally, It was a cheap shot and it was a punch.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,767

Post#671 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:38 pm

flow wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:
cl2117 wrote:Hitting someone in the face with a closed fist while they're not expecting it is the definition of a sucker punch....

Sucker punches are often born out of frustration.

It wasn't a sucker punch because the two were already engaged. Not because there was a lack of intent. The intent was there.
the intent was to disengage not to punch. Lebron even walked back towards him to apologize immediately after.
Forum permissions