ImageImageImageImageImage

2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,131

Re: 2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#441 » by billy_hoyle » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:35 pm

C-R-E-A-M- wrote:https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/11/22/22796148/luke-walton-sacramento-kings-deaaron-fox

Siakam for Fox

Kings drafted two PGs in back to back drafts. Siakam would help their defense. They are desperate to make the playoffs even just a play in game. Raptors get a 23 year old that averaged 25 points last season. Fits the timeline with OG ands Scottie

Hali-Hield-Barnes-Siakam-Holmes

FVV-Fox-OG-Scottie-Birch
GTJ helps the bench out which is last in the league in scoring

Siakam for Fox
FVV and Boucher for Myles Turner

Fox (23) - Flynn (23) D Johnson (20)
GTJ (22) - Banton (22)
OG (24) - Svi (24) - Champagnie (20)
Barnes (20) - Bonga (22)
Turner (25) - Precious (22)

Rebuild complete...just need a star with our draft picks
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,763

Post#442 » by MessiahUjiri » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:57 pm

Background: The Bulls are flirting with being a championship contender, although their front court has obvious holes. The Raptors have some good athletic PF/C guys, but they’re realistically not going anywhere this season.

The Deal:

Precious Achiuwa, Chris Boucher, Malachi Flynn
for
Coby White, Marko Simonovic, Portland ‘22 1st - lotto protected. (+ Troy Brown as expiring salary match)

New look Bulls:
Lonzo / Lavine / DeMar / Achiuwa / Vucevic
Flynn / Caruso / D Jones / Boucher / Bradley
Ayo Dosunmo / Javonte Green

New look Raptors:
Fred VV / Trent / OG / Siakam / Birch
Banton / White / Barnes / Watanabe / Simonovic

The Bulls round out their core 4 of Demar / Lavine / Lonzo / Vuc, in preparation for a post season run. Achiuwa and Flynn are both 1st rounders on their rookie contracts. Boucher can be a 3+D big either next to Vuc, or as the first bench big.

The Raptors cash in on their front court with a great prospect in White, who has shades of Jordan Clarkson. The Portland 1st will likely be a 16-20 pick, which allows Masai and Bobby to work their magic.

These 2 front offices share deep bonds - Bulls GM Marc Eversley is a Raptor FO alumni, and these teams are in 2 different states of rebuilding and contention, which always makes trust easier.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#443 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:04 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:I wonder if Jokic will ever become available.

Porter injured for the year, bad back is a big problem. Just signed the max. Jamal is injured still, locked in for years and years. They may be stuck

I think being stuck is likely the reason the hold on as long as they can with this current team.

Inside a vacuum if Murray and MPJ return to their pre-injury levels along with Jokic they are a solid team, the issue is if they don't then you have a 157m committed next season in the final year of Jokic's deal with a limited path forward to build around your MVP with 107 and 100m respectively committed to non-Jokic talent from 2023 thru 2025 seasons.

Denver really needs to just hold the line with their roster and see what they have before I think any major decisions on movement get made.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Post#444 » by Lord_Zedd » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:29 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:Background: The Bulls are flirting with being a championship contender, although their front court has obvious holes. The Raptors have some good athletic PF/C guys, but they’re realistically not going anywhere this season.

The Deal:

for
Coby White, Marko Simonovic, Portland ‘22 1st - lotto protected. (+ Troy Brown as expiring salary match)

New look Bulls:

New look Raptors:

The Bulls round out their core 4 of Demar / Lavine / Lonzo / Vuc, in preparation for a post season run. Achiuwa and Flynn are both 1st rounders on their rookie contracts. Boucher can be a 3+D big either next to Vuc, or as the first bench big.

The Raptors cash in on their front court with a great prospect in White, who has shades of Jordan Clarkson. The Portland 1st will likely be a 16-20 pick, which allows Masai and Bobby to work their magic.

These 2 front offices share deep bonds - Bulls GM Marc Eversley is a Raptor FO alumni, and these teams are in 2 different states of rebuilding and contention, which always makes trust easier.

Maybe its me seeing Achiuwa higher than others. Even with his offensive woes I don't think I'd do this. The Portland pick is essentially a chance to be Achiuwa or better..... I'd rather gamble on seeing Achiuwa growing to be a better player.

if Chicago wants to do a trade with Coby for Boucher/Flynn, I'm all ears.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#445 » by NotMyKawhi » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:21 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:

Porter injured for the year, bad back is a big problem. Just signed the max. Jamal is injured still, locked in for years and years. They may be stuck

I think being stuck is likely the reason the hold on as long as they can with this current team.

Inside a vacuum if Murray and MPJ return to their pre-injury levels along with Jokic they are a solid team, the issue is if they don't then you have a 157m committed next season in the final year of Jokic's deal with a limited path forward to build around your MVP with 107 and 100m respectively committed to non-Jokic talent from 2023 thru 2025 seasons.

Denver really needs to just hold the line with their roster and see what they have before I think any major decisions on movement get made.

They also have to consider Jokic leaving. He's a free agent in a couple years so say they miss the playoffs this year and he has one year left, Porter never played, Jamal never played, If he doesn't sign that max in the off-season, you gotta trade him or you'll have no cap space and two injury prone guys locked in for years.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,763

Post#446 » by MessiahUjiri » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:23 pm

Lord_Zedd wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:Background: The Bulls are flirting with being a championship contender, although their front court has obvious holes. The Raptors have some good athletic PF/C guys, but they’re realistically not going anywhere this season.

The Deal:

for

New look Bulls:

New look Raptors:

Maybe its me seeing Achiuwa higher than others. Even with his offensive woes I don't think I'd do this. The Portland pick is essentially a chance to be Achiuwa or better..... I'd rather gamble on seeing Achiuwa growing to be a better player.

if Chicago wants to do a trade with Coby for Boucher/Flynn, I'm all ears.

I thought about it some more, and Masai probably asks for Ayo Dosunmo in the deal. He’s a Delon Wright / Delano Banton type player who was Wooden College Player of the year. We can probably send back Svi, who is much older and fits the Bulls timeline.

Precious Achiuwa, Chris Boucher, Malachi Flynn, Svi Mikhailuk
for
Coby White, Ayo Dosunmo, Marko Simonovic, Portland ‘22 1st - lotto protected. (+ Troy Brown as expiring salary match)
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#447 » by HomieOmey » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:53 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:Said it before and I'll say it again - If Haliburton is not coming to Toronto, Siakam is not going to the Kings.

We're trading an all-star two way PF. This return isn't good enough.

That was my stance this off-season too, but I admitedlly haven't watched any of the Kings this year. I never hear about Haliburton anymore, is he still showing promise and continuing to improve? Their rookie feels more like the flavour of the month because of his defense, but I need more than that since we already have Barnes and OG.

As much as I don't really want any deal with the Kings, I'd like to think they would overpay for Siakam more than anyone else. If this team decides it's stuck (still feels too early to do that for me) and don't think OG, Barnes, and Siakam can co-exist, I coud probably live with whatever PG Ujiri approves of. Haliburton's still likely the only one that would excite me.
TurboZ
HomieOmey
Head Coach

Post#448 » by HomieOmey » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:04 am

MessiahUjiri wrote:

I thought about it some more, and Masai probably asks for Ayo Dosunmo in the deal. He’s a Delon Wright / Delano Banton type player who was Wooden College Player of the year. We can probably send back Svi, who is much older and fits the Bulls timeline.

for
Coby White, Ayo Dosunmo, Marko Simonovic, Portland ‘22 1st - lotto protected. (+ Troy Brown as expiring salary match)

Feels like you're giving up even more when the talent balance already felt a bit off. I like the idea of White. I like the idea of adding a shooter with some playmaking skills, so I'm open to the idea. Wuld hope for a smaller trade than this.
TurboZ
HomieOmey
Head Coach

Post#449 » by HomieOmey » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:40 am

Morris_Shatford wrote:

I'm half kidding, but how bad would it look if the Raptors traded Siakam and FVV for MPJ, Morris, and Murray ? :lol: Is a trade like that even allowed when the two main guys are injured? The Raptors basically completely give up on this year, but get two guys with special potential. The Nuggets stay competitive this year and improve their team defense.
TurboZ
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#450 » by NotMyKawhi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:24 am

HomieOmey wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:

I'm half kidding, but how bad would it look if the Raptors traded Siakam and FVV for MPJ, Morris, and Murray ? :lol: Is a trade like that even allowed when the two main guys are injured? The Raptors basically completely give up on this year, but get two guys with special potential. The Nuggets stay competitive this year and improve their team defense.

I'd do it w/o MPJ. I think MPJ has back problems all his career. This is the reason he dropped to 14. Some thought he could be #1.

I'd do Pascal for Murray all day, everyday and would prolly throw in some more too. I think Murray has superstar potential, I don't think Pascal will ever be a #1 on a championship team. I do think Murray can be
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,266

Post#451 » by canada_dry » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:02 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:Been a big fan of Ingram from the day he was drafted. But acquiring him only further complicates the depth issue we currently have with OG/Barnes/Siakam.

Looking around the league, there really isn't much available for what we have to offer. No one needs a PG and we have two of them that we should be looking to deal. Swiss army knife forwards will always be easier to shop but then we have to consider what we'd actually get for them. I can only think of two or three potential destinations.

1. Golden State
They have some young guys in Kuminga, Moody and Wiseman. Siakam is an all-star though so you'd really have to believe in at least one of these guys to make it worth it. Plus we'd have to take back Wiggins, which may not be a bad thing. He's improved quite a bit since being over there.

2. Sacramento
The only way I'd send Siakam there is if Haliburton is coming back. But again - he's their only good young piece. You'd really have to believe in him to make him the centerpiece of a deal.

3. Philly/Minny
Philly is shopping Simmons, Minnesota could look to deal KAT. Not sure if that's going to happen of how much we'd have to add to a Siakam deal to outbid other potential buyers.

Big fan of a trade with the Kings if we get back Haliburton + pick(s).

I don’t think we’ll run into the same issues we have with OG/Siakam/Barnes if we trade for Ingram. The reason these guys don’t work is that if we play a big with them then the spacing is terrible and if we add a shooter beside them, we’re forced to go small as our best shooters are FVV & GTJ which hasn’t worked well for us. Siakam/Barnes are too similar offensively, there’s too much overlap.

Ingram is a 6-8 3-level scorer that shoots 40% from 3. We can easily slide a big man beside OG/Barnes/Ingram which gives us size and spacing.

Barnes/GTJ/Ingram/OG/Birch

Using Hayes/Flynn/Achiuwa we can trade for a better starting big.

Yeah but Ingram plays SF for the Pels. So if their moving him, it'll need to make them better, not worse. Since Ingram would be the best player in the deal, the only way to make it worth their while is give 2 of OG/FVV/Barnes/Siakam. Then talent-wise and salary wise, the deal just falls apart.
2 of ? Yea. No. Sorry but Thats not what the market would be. 1 of em + lesser pieces in all likelihood.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,424

Post#452 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:29 am

Psubs wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
C-R-E-A-M- wrote:https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/11/22/22796148/luke-walton-sacramento-kings-deaaron-fox

Siakam for Fox

Kings drafted two PGs in back to back drafts. Siakam would help their defense. They are desperate to make the playoffs even just a play in game. Raptors get a 23 year old that averaged 25 points last season. Fits the timeline with OG ands Scottie

Hali-Hield-Barnes-Siakam-Holmes

FVV-Fox-OG-Scottie-Birch
GTJ helps the bench out which is last in the league in scoring

There is absolutely no way Masai trades for a guy like Fox. None whatsoever.

Fox put up stats on a bad team. He's fast but he can't shoot from outside. He's flawed on a level of like Sexton. Sexton can score but he's like a 6'1 SG that isn't good on defense. Fox is also making the max. I'd rather trade Pascal for Simmons and I don't want that either.

Yeah I'm going to have to agree. Not sure how anyone could have read that article in its entirety and come out with the idea that we should be trading for Fox.

I've always said thar unless we're going to get an elite playmaker at either of our wing spots, we need to move on from Vanvleet. But this is not the answer. Vanvleet is much more impactful than Fox.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#453 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:41 am

canada_dry wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:
Big fan of a trade with the Kings if we get back Haliburton + pick(s).

I don’t think we’ll run into the same issues we have with OG/Siakam/Barnes if we trade for Ingram. The reason these guys don’t work is that if we play a big with them then the spacing is terrible and if we add a shooter beside them, we’re forced to go small as our best shooters are FVV & GTJ which hasn’t worked well for us. Siakam/Barnes are too similar offensively, there’s too much overlap.

Ingram is a 6-8 3-level scorer that shoots 40% from 3. We can easily slide a big man beside OG/Barnes/Ingram which gives us size and spacing.

Barnes/GTJ/Ingram/OG/Birch

Using Hayes/Flynn/Achiuwa we can trade for a better starting big.

Yeah but Ingram plays SF for the Pels. So if their moving him, it'll need to make them better, not worse. Since Ingram would be the best player in the deal, the only way to make it worth their while is give 2 of OG/FVV/Barnes/Siakam. Then talent-wise and salary wise, the deal just falls apart.
2 of ? Yea. No. Sorry but Thats not what the market would be. 1 of em + lesser pieces in all likelihood.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

Ingram is an elite wing in this league and would easily be the best player on this team. For salary AND fit reasons alone, you're probably looking at giving up OG+, FVV+ and/or taking back Graham.

If you take back Graham, then matching salaries while still delivering fair value to both sides becomes either difficult or impossible. If you don't take back Graham, you still have to match salaries. I see no way of doing that while making the deal both enticing and fair.

And also let me just say - I wouldn't move OG for him. When you consider and compared his production, contract and defense, OG is by far the better deal.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#454 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:43 am

HomieOmey wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:

for

Feels like you're giving up even more when the talent balance already felt a bit off. I like the idea of White. I like the idea of adding a shooter with some playmaking skills, so I'm open to the idea. Wuld hope for a smaller trade than this.

Yeah. Why not just a White for Boucher straight up?
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,093

Post#455 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:55 pm

Jesus.

Read on Twitter

So ... Shai's value is below THT's? We can give that to OKC.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#456 » by Psubs » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:04 am

tecumseh18 wrote:Jesus.

Read on Twitter

So ... Shai's value is below THT's? We can give that to OKC.

:lol: I wouldn't take THT for Banton.
wegotthabeet
Veteran
And1: 1,941

Post#457 » by wegotthabeet » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:43 pm

HomieOmey wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:

I'd only trade Siakam for a younger cheaper replacement. I'd prefer someone like Patrick Williams to MPJ.

Siakam + Flynn for P. Williams, Jones Jr., White, Brown Jr. + POR 2022 FRP.

New Core - Anunoby, Barnes, Williams

See if White can be developed into the 6th man. Two picks in this year's draft. See what FVV & Trent Jr. can get via trade at the deadline or next summer.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#458 » by Psubs » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:31 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
HomieOmey wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:

I'd only trade Siakam for a younger cheaper replacement. I'd prefer someone like Patrick Williams to MPJ.

See if White can be developed into the 6th man. Two picks in this year's draft. See what FVV & Trent Jr. can get via trade at the deadline or next summer.

That's pretty good. Jones and Brown are expiring.

Siakam + Flynn + Champagnie + Cash for P. Williams, Jones Jr., White, Brown Jr. (to be waived) and 2022 1st pick Chicago (or Por which ever is later)

PG FVV - Banton - White
SG Trent - Svi - White
SF OG - Yuta - PWill
PF Barnes - PWill - Jones
C Precious - Birch - Boucher
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#459 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:43 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
HomieOmey wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:

Bulls are winning a championship with that additional firepower of FVV off of the bench

but that trade is so lopsided salary wise, it won't happen.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxafqtoz <-- failed trade
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Post#460 » by Spida888 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:43 pm

Psubs wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:
HomieOmey wrote:

That's pretty good. Jones and Brown are expiring.

Siakam + Flynn + Champagnie + Cash for P. Williams, Jones Jr., White, Brown Jr. (to be waived) and 2022 1st pick Chicago (or Por which ever is later)

PG FVV - Banton - White
SG Trent - Svi - White
SF OG - Yuta - PWill
PF Barnes - PWill - Jones
C Precious - Birch - Boucher

The framework of that deal is pretty good. If we can also get Ayo, I'm in.

Bulls are missing a 4 which Pascal can fill, but not sure if they are willing to be a tax team especially if they want to renew Lavine in the offseason.

Return to Toronto Raptors