Mcbuckets to the mavs

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Mcbuckets to the mavs 

Post#1 » by Pinkyring » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:29 pm

Mavs in
Doug McDermott

Spurs in
Josh green
Willie cauley stein
Trey burke

Macs desperately need shooting, McDermott helps fill that need and though slightly overpaid he's still solid.

Spurs are bottom of the west they should be looking to off load these vets, here they add a young decent prospect and save cash the next 3 seasons
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,827

Re: Mcbuckets to the mavs 

Post#2 » by psman2 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:31 pm

Underpaid?

Unless Dallas sees something in Green, I think they pass unless they have buyers remorse here. It nice to have shooting to run a real offense around your young guys, so SA may not be in a hurry to unload him even if he is a negative contract.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#3 » by Pinkyring » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:33 pm

psman2 wrote:Underpaid?

Unless Dallas sees something in Green, I think they pass unless they have buyers remorse here.

Fixed
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,821

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:25 pm

psman2 wrote:Underpaid?

Unless Dallas sees something in Green, I think they pass unless they have buyers remorse here. It nice to have shooting to run a real offense around your young guys, so SA may not be in a hurry to unload him even if he is a negative contract.

Yeah. I think the value is fine here, but Spurs have no real need to clear a few million in cap next year and Green hasn't shown anything to say I really want him. And as you say Doug's shooting would allow players they believe might have a future with the club a little more space to develop.

I like the target for Dallas though if Bullock's shooting comes around I'd expect minutes to be limited for Doug. But while Dallas has solid shooters, they don't have scary shooters. And Doug is a shooter teams fear leading to more space.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,499

Post#5 » by Maverick41 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:10 pm

Personally prefer someone that can create but for the price, sure. Watching him the last few seasons, he has really improved his shot creation after hard closes. That's something that many Mavs shooters lack.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#6 » by Michaellam1987 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:24 pm

if SAS wants to unload McDermott, I think they may net better assets from contending teams that need shooters, than what is purposed here from DAL.

Return to Trades and Transactions