Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: Stewart Suspended 2 games 

Post#41 » by Manocad » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:07 pm

Pistonrings wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
Pistonrings wrote:I too would love to see Bron get what he dishes out, but I don't want to see Stew get suspended for 20 or 30 games or something, that would hurt his development and the team as well. If he were to come out, act nice until he gets a chance to smash Bron in the face, they might even suspend him for the rest of the season. Beef Stew has to let it go now for his own good not to mention the good of the team.
Eh, im old school when it comes to retaliation. You poke me, I cut you. You cut me, I break something.

Sometimes you have to teach others, you are not to be trifled with. No better way to do that, then go directly at the King.

I'm old school too, but for me, the pain of seeing him suspended for the year and the team being without him would be worse than the satisfaction from seeing him clock Bron. Stew got developing to do, for his own individual game as well as for team chemistry. Our boys are building a championship team and I want nothing interfering with that process. Losing Stew for the season would set him and the team back.

Had Stew gotten up and clocked Lebron at the first opportunity, the crowd rushed in and broke it up, etc. I doubt the suspension would have been anything more than three games if even that. It was the extended time frame and multiple attempts at escalation that got Stew the two games. And yeah, it would have been worth it. To me as a fan, to Stew as a person, and to basketball in the sense that Lebron needs to be knocked down a peg.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#42 » by Pharaoh » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:08 pm

Manocad wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Yeah, I think a distinction needs to be made between what some fans would like to see and what is actually best for Stewart both personally and as a player.

And in my mind he needs to develop thicker skin in general and he needs to move on from this.

I think a distinction needs to be made between what some fans think is actually best for Stewart personally and what's best for Stewart as a player.

As a player, absolutely Stewart needs to move on from this and develop a thicker skin.

As a person, I'm with zeeb. Totally old school. IMO there's still, to this day, a good way to deal with bullies. You can either ascribe to this "woke" culture and run crying when someone tells you you're ugly, which does nothing to prevent bullying. And then there's putting a sledge hammer to the snot locker when the bully tries to roll over you. And Stew going full ham on Lebron might just teach his punk ass that you don't go throwing elbows and fists around someone's eyes because they're aggressively boxing you out of the lane. No one ever died from getting punched in the nose. But it sure as hell stopped a lot of people from thinking they can automatically put their hands on someone just because they want to. And the fact that you stood up for yourself helps you a LOT more mentally then letting someone else solve--or not solve--your problem for you, or just swallowing your anger because you're threatened with repercussions if you defend yourself. It's no coincidence that school shootings became a thing not long after the fairly widespread policy of "throw a punch, you're expelled/suspended/in trouble no matter what, doesn't matter why" became popular. Not to make this too grim or take it off the rails but if we're going to start playing Freud and talking about what's best for Stew PERSONALLY, well, that doesn't necessarily have a context in basketball.
**** THIS!

All day!

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#43 » by Pharaoh » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:13 pm

As a human being - you **** hit me, hurt me and mine then I'll escalate to whatever level I choose fit.

Pussy social media generation think it's weak to solve **** man to man, face to face, hand to hand.

Guess it's easy af on twitter and Facebook to talk it.

Step up in person!

Talk ****, get hit!

And make no mistake we are weaker as a species for it!

You hit me? Better knock me out otherwise I'm going to get to you, grab you and end you.

Life is simple.

440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#44 » by 440BB » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:51 pm

Being under a microscope for the rematch, Stewart would be well served by a more indirect response.

Luka stumbling and falling down on a switch, his ass landing on James face. An accident like that is likely, given Luka's reputation as a slow defender. Plausible deniability for Stewart and Casey while Luka gets minimal punishment and hero status among Piston fans.

I would buy him a low calorie beer or two in thanks.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Manocad
RealGM

Post#45 » by Manocad » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 pm

Pharaoh wrote:As a human being - you **** hit me, hurt me and mine then I'll escalate to whatever level I choose fit.

Pussy social media generation think it's weak to solve **** man to man, face to face, hand to hand.

Guess it's easy af on twitter and Facebook to talk it.

Step up in person!

Talk ****, get hit!

And make no mistake we are weaker as a species for it!

You hit me? Better knock me out otherwise I'm going to get to you, grab you and end you.

Life is simple.

Correct. And I'm not saying commit murder because someone hit you in the face. But the social commentary of "you're weak if you fight back; the bigger man walks away" is exactly that--social commentary. It has no basis throughout any history anywhere of society being better off or stronger by just "walking away" from every threat. The idea that "no violence is ever good, no matter the situation" is complete BS. Bullying has been stopped FOR YEARS AND YEARS by people standing up for themselves and often using "violence" so to speak to do so. You don't get picked on if you're not an easy mark who fights back.

As someone who was raised in a single parent family with a domineering mother (thus getting into fights meant BIG trouble at home), I can personally attest to feeling a LOT better in general after I stood up for myself and mixed it up a few times. You find that getting punched in the face doesn't really hurt all that bad in the grand scheme and the pain goes away fairly quickly. There's a lot to be said about having confidence in yourself and more importantly, not living in fear. And quite frankly I can't lie--the adrenaline rush is fantastic. I don't ever go looking for trouble and I don't have a hair trigger temper, but even to this day if some idiot puts his hands on me in what can reasonably be deemed as a threatening manner/intention to do harm, you can bet every nickel you've got that said dude is getting a fist to the face, no questions asked. Plus you wind up with some pretty good stories to share with your kids. I quote Tyler Durden: "I don't want to die without any scars." And I've definitely got 'em. 8-)
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#46 » by guldakot » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:49 pm

With this many days in between the meetings, Stewie can't just go ham on Lebron the first chance he gets. Any retaliation at this point needs to be circumspect or hes gonna get a massive suspension. That being said, I wonder if Lebron decides to take a rest day on the 28th. Its not a B2B for the Lakers so if he does its going to look like hes dodging Beef. I will be watching that game with GREAT interest.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#47 » by Manocad » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:53 pm

guldakot wrote:With this many days in between the meetings, Stewie can't just go ham on Lebron the first chance he gets. Any retaliation at this point needs to be circumspect or hes gonna get a massive suspension. That being said, I wonder if Lebron decides to take a rest day on the 28th. Its not a B2B for the Lakers so if he does its going to look like hes dodging Beef. I will be watching that game with GREAT interest.

Without a doubt. From a player/NBA standpoint Stew's best chance at retaliation is to just go hard at Lebron from a basketball game construct. Work him, grind him, trash talk him, get under his skin, and use every one of those six fouls fouling Lebron. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#48 » by DBC10 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:04 pm

guldakot wrote:With this many days in between the meetings, Stewie can't just go ham on Lebron the first chance he gets. Any retaliation at this point needs to be circumspect or hes gonna get a massive suspension. That being said, I wonder if Lebron decides to take a rest day on the 28th. Its not a B2B for the Lakers so if he does its going to look like hes dodging Beef. I will be watching that game with GREAT interest.

Well, there's also the fact that there was a report saying Lebron's camp was scrambling to get Stew's number to apologize so the beef may actually be squashed by now unless the NBA really is wanting to milk this WWE type narrative since it's the next big news nowadays.

Cooler heads will prevail. I know the fans of both fanbases want more or some type of retaliation/continuation, but honestly, enough has been done. Stew's point was made with lunging at the King for 4 times and not backing down with blood pouring down his face, the whole nation saw it. He'll be fine
Sort
Rookie
And1: 439

Post#49 » by Sort » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Look, Lebron should apologize and hopefully did. if that's the case, just compete hard and let Stew be Stew. Getting caught up in retaliation is WWF showboating and not going to help anyone. Believe me, every player saw that. As Reggie Miller said, this works for Stew's favor overall and the Pistons. People will pause when it comes to Beef.

But going Ron Artest would not help one bit.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,349

Post#50 » by Billl » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:29 pm

It's times like this I really miss lambs and mahorn. They didn't need to retaliate directly because they knew the other was going to get in a few hard fouls on their behalf.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,442

Post#51 » by Canadafan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:07 pm

Billl wrote:It's times like this I really miss lambs and mahorn. They didn't need to retaliate directly because they knew the other was going to get in a few hard fouls on their behalf.

Ya I didnt like the way Grant didnt have his back.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 13,989

Post#52 » by Laimbeer » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:10 pm

No worries, we got Skip on our side.

https://youtu.be/bpI0_r2K6SU?t=322
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#53 » by Liqourish » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:22 pm

Laimbeer wrote:No worries, we got Skip on our side.

I hate agreeing with Skip, but at least he's not bowing down to James like the rest on ESPN.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#54 » by MotownMadness » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:32 pm

Liqourish wrote:

I hate agreeing with Skip, but at least he's not bowing down to James like the rest on ESPN.

Skip is one of LeBrons biggest haters though so no matter what that was coming :lol:, dudes always trashing him
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#55 » by DetroitSho » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:56 pm

SamFlow wrote:
Cowology wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Yeah, I think a distinction needs to be made between what some fans would like to see and what is actually best for Stewart both personally and as a player.

And in my mind he needs to develop thicker skin in general and he needs to move on from this.

Can we move on after he punches LeBron in the face? Please? I promise I won't ask for anything else the rest of the season.

My hope is when the teams meet up again, Stewart does not shake hands, plays a tough and rumble but legal game ala the bad boys and we win. Send a message by playing tough the right way. But don't cow tie or bow down to james or the lakers.

shout out to Cade for having Stewarts best interests and heart. For Cojo looking out for the team. And a big thumbs down for the rest of the pistons who did nothing. No heart playing and no heart standing with Stewart.
Was the rest of the team supposed to run on the court? Orrrrrrr?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,030

Post#56 » by NYPiston » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:02 pm

I'm not surprised and speaking without bias, Stewart went way overboard so no problem with the 2 games and the 1 for Lebron for that matter.

I'll be intrigued to see if the Lakers "load manage" Lebron next Sunday because Stewart doesn't seem like the type of guy to just walk to him and shake hands and let bygones be bygones so there could be another spat. I wonder if they sit him out to avoid any potential incidents.
Rodman
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#57 » by Rodman » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:56 pm

It appears to me that LeBron deliberately hits Stew. First he clips Stew above the eye with his elbow and then he swung back and hit him in the mouth with his fist. I have watched a lot of basketball over the years and never witnessed anyone so unintentional that like before. NBA is full of it for not penalizing Bron more severely. I applaud Stew style of physical play without being a dirty player. What Bron did was dirty
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#58 » by Pharaoh » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:01 am

Liqourish wrote:

Saw a clip where Jason Williams took "our" side.

Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,442

Post#59 » by Canadafan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:55 am

Pharaoh wrote:
Liqourish wrote:

Saw a clip where Jason Williams took "our" side.

SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#60 » by SamFlow » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:33 am

DetroitSho wrote:
SamFlow wrote:
Cowology wrote:Can we move on after he punches LeBron in the face? Please? I promise I won't ask for anything else the rest of the season.

My hope is when the teams meet up again, Stewart does not shake hands, plays a tough and rumble but legal game ala the bad boys and we win. Send a message by playing tough the right way. But don't cow tie or bow down to james or the lakers.

shout out to Cade for having Stewarts best interests and heart. For Cojo looking out for the team. And a big thumbs down for the rest of the pistons who did nothing. No heart playing and no heart standing with Stewart.
Was the rest of the team supposed to run on the court? Orrrrrrr?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Who was helping or trying to help Isaiah? Only Cade. How? By talking to him, trying to calm him down, hold him back, not have him get in any more trouble. Nobody else was doing anything to help.
BigDaddyJungle

Return to Detroit Pistons