Cle / GSW

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,774

Cle / GSW 

Post#1 » by JJ_PR » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:55 pm

Cavaliers get: Jonathan Kuminga & Juan Toscano-Anderson
Warriors get: Cedi Osman, '22 top 5 protected first & two '22 second round picks via Houston & San Antonio

Why?
Cleveland gets a young wing to add to their collection of young talent.
Golden State gets a sniper from downtown who plays an all around game & a top 5 protected first.
Lenneth
Rookie
And1: 1,783

Re: Cle / GSW 

Post#2 » by Lenneth » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:07 pm

No thanks from Warriors. Kuminga is already showing a pretty good promise, ahead of many Warriors fans expected at his rookie season. No reason to trade him for a role player + likely outside of the lottery pick.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#3 » by Coxy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:10 pm

Not interested whatsoever for Golden State.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#4 » by yoyoboy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:13 pm

I’m low on Kuminga compared to most people so I would honestly rather keep our pick this year. But I think Kuminga has more value than this around the league and the Warriors would be the ones declining in real life. Also doubt Cedi would really be used much in GS since they already have such strong depth.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,711

Post#5 » by eminence » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:27 pm

I don’t see a spot in the rotation for Cedi, so I don’t think that’s positive value and tanks the overall deal. If the pick was locked in in the mid lotto I’d consider that fair value and might do it (would have to look at this draft class in more detail). As is a bit too much risk for not much reason for GS.
I bought a boat.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,638

Post#6 » by toooskies » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:21 pm

Cedi Osman being described as a "sniper from downtown" is very generous given the year he had last year. I think this package looks more appropriate for Moody than Kuminga, but maybe I'm too high on this year's Cavs team and too low on their 2022 pick's value.

Regardless, no reason for GSW to do it-- maybe add a third team and send a young big who can move his feet to the Bay for the Cavs' package.
Nate the Great
Pro Prospect
And1: 380

Post#7 » by Nate the Great » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:48 pm

On defense, I’d argue that Kuminga is better than Osman right now. The Warriors have good wing depth and plenty of shooting already, plus Klay should be back soon, probably next month. So not much motivation for them to make this deal.

Black Lives Matter
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#8 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:52 pm

If GS does something like this, it should be for a better than 10th man type.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,733

Post#9 » by gswhoops » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:33 am

There’s just really no reason for GS to consider this
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,355

Post#10 » by JRoy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:51 am

No reason for GSW to consider this weak offer
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
JJ_PR
Analyst

Post#11 » by JJ_PR » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:35 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate your opinions. Kuminga is very valuable to Golden State so I can understand why they wouldn't do this deal.
jeeph
Senior
And1: 557

Post#12 » by jeeph » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:58 pm

I think Dean Wade would be the guy that GSW should be interested in on the Cavs roster. A stretch 4 that would pair with Looney, Dray, or Wiseman. And at 2 years $1.8 mil per, he's be very easy to match up salary and not be restrictive to adding other pieces. For as deep as the Dubs are, they don't have a stretch big on the roster that I know of.

Something based around Wade/Windler for Kuminga? A stretch 3 and 4 that are cheap and more helpful to them the next couple of years for Curry's prime? It would have to be that. Improvement the next two years over the ceiling of Kuminga's 2nd and 3rd contract.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,764

Post#13 » by Colbinii » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:06 pm

jeeph wrote:I think Dean Wade would be the guy that GSW should be interested in on the Cavs roster. A stretch 4 that would pair with Looney, Dray, or Wiseman. And at 2 years $1.8 mil per, he's be very easy to match up salary and not be restrictive to adding other pieces. For as deep as the Dubs are, they don't have a stretch big on the roster that I know of.

Something based around Wade/Windler for Kuminga? A stretch 3 and 4 that are cheap and more helpful to them the next couple of years for Curry's prime? It would have to be that. Improvement the next two years over the ceiling of Kuminga's 2nd and 3rd contract.

Kuminga is proving to be a solid defensive player and picking up the motion offense rather quickly. I dont think the Warriors have any interest in slightly strengthening their roster 7-10 by moving Kuminga.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
jeeph
Senior
And1: 557

Post#14 » by jeeph » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Colbinii wrote:
jeeph wrote:I think Dean Wade would be the guy that GSW should be interested in on the Cavs roster. A stretch 4 that would pair with Looney, Dray, or Wiseman. And at 2 years $1.8 mil per, he's be very easy to match up salary and not be restrictive to adding other pieces. For as deep as the Dubs are, they don't have a stretch big on the roster that I know of.

Kuminga is proving to be a solid defensive player and picking up the motion offense rather quickly. I dont think the Warriors have any interest in slightly strengthening their roster 7-10 by moving Kuminga.

Yep. Wouldn't think you would be interested. But it at least gives you some pieces you don't have, and would increase your title chances the next two years. Wade would be a great fit, provide another wrinkle you don't have and is much more playable for the Dubs than Kuminga is for the near future.

Just a food for thought idea. It was just the most reasonable swap I saw as it gives both teams something they would want, IMO. Cavs get the higher ceiling guy and the Dubs get a more spacing and fit from their forwards making them better right now.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,764

Post#15 » by Colbinii » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:28 pm

jeeph wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Yep. Wouldn't think you would be interested. But it at least gives you some pieces you don't have, and would increase your title chances the next two years. Wade would be a great fit, provide another wrinkle you don't have and is much more playable for the Dubs than Kuminga is for the near future.

Just a food for thought idea. It was just the most reasonable swap I saw as it gives both teams something they would want, IMO. Cavs get the higher ceiling guy and the Dubs get a more spacing and fit from their forwards making them better right now.

First off, while I do enjoy the Warriors and watching them play since 2013, I am at root a Timberwolves fan, not Warriors.

I dont mind your idea but its rather clear at this point the Warriors don't have interest in trading their young talent for marginal upgrades. If they were interested in this, they would have made off-season deals the past two seasons with their picks.

Golden State is going to tread with the combination of current stardom infused with young talent.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#16 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:36 pm

Colbinii wrote:

The other thing I’d add is that the Warriors have a perfectly capable back-up stretch 4 (and even playing some 5) in Otto Porter. The “void” that is allegedly being filled isn’t actually a void at all, at least this year.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
JJ_PR
Analyst

Post#17 » by JJ_PR » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:07 pm

They do have Nemanja Bjelica. I don't think Dean Wade fills a need for them.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#18 » by giberish » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:21 pm

JJ_PR wrote:

They do have Nemanja Bjelica. I don't think Dean Wade fills a need for them.

I was worried about the Warriors depth heading into the season (I generally don't trust min salary guys). However all of the Warriors depth pieces are playing very well. Guys like Wade/Windler/Osman probably don't crack the top-10 of the Warriors rotation (unless GS is sending out a bunch of guys to get them for some stupid reason).

GS would need someone at the quality starter level (or like a tier below all-star level) to consider dealing high-value youth for. Otherwise what's the point? Just bringing in someone who's only about as good as the guys currently filling those minutes, but who would have to pick up the Warriors offense and defense mid-season probably ends up a push or even a downgrade for the season.

In short. GS is 15-2 with only one real all-star. Their depth is great.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#19 » by FNQ » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:51 pm

We probably aren’t going the direction of trading current players for picks, unless it’s part of a larger deal. So if a return for us includes picks as a value fill, it’s already a tough trade to say yes to
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#20 » by Asianiac_24 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:04 pm

How about Kuminga + Moody + WIseman for Evan Mobley?

Return to Trades and Transactions