ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NFL discussion thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,432

Re: OT: NFL discussion thread 

Post#381 » by j4remi » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:42 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
j4remi wrote:Jets first round position this year: 2nd and 6th picks
Giants first round position this year: 5th and 7th picks

...the draft should be fun at least.

I am not getting too excited yet until I know Gettleman/Judge wont be making the selections.

I can feel your frustration since the Jets are coming off historically bad drafts from Mike Maccagnan. We're seeing returns on our draft picks for the first time in years right now, here's perspective

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That tenure set us back by years and I don't just mean the years Mac was at the helm. But at least this season, we've gotten signs of progress from a bunch of youth. So all I can tell you is...eventually it'll get better :lol:
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Post#382 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:47 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Yea, its a mess. I have no faith they will hire the right people. Incompetent and out of touch but too stubborn to admit it like Dolan. Nepotism abound. They worried more about no taunting rules then anything else. A total joke. They are stuck trying to play 1950's era football. Its like watching a different sport then the rest of the league.

We thought Reese was bad...

Read on Twitter

And out of all the top picks we basically just have Andrew Thomas as a worthwhile keeper on the entire roster. Also factor in we are essentially cap stuck all next year too because the way we went on a spending spree locks us in to these guys with dead money for another year.

We are one of the worst teams with little talent and zero cap flexibility.

The only thing that might attract a GM is that we are likely to have two top 10 picks in the draft and hopefully they have freedom to to purge the roster.

There's got to be no way he survives that. Basically 4 years down the drain. Time to clean house.

Joe Judge and the coaching staff doesn't get a pass from me anymore either. After a bye week the team look completely unprepared with any sort of gameplan.

Read on Twitter

WTF is this? 15 days to prepare and this is what is happening? This is some pop-warner level sh*t.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#383 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:49 pm

j4remi wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
j4remi wrote:Jets first round position this year: 2nd and 6th picks
Giants first round position this year: 5th and 7th picks

...the draft should be fun at least.

I am not getting too excited yet until I know Gettleman/Judge wont be making the selections.

I can feel your frustration since the Jets are coming off historically bad drafts from Mike Maccagnan. We're seeing returns on our draft picks for the first time in years right now, here's perspective

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That tenure set us back by years and I don't just mean the years Mac was at the helm. But at least this season, we've gotten signs of progress from a bunch of youth. So all I can tell you is...eventually it'll get better :lol:

My brother is a Jets fan so I watch most of there games, Moore was a stud coming out of college too. Was a great selection.

I feel like Toney is going to be a good player but the Giants offensive line, scheme, and Daniel Jones provide nothing to get creative with.

Daniel Jones was pressured on nearly 50% of his drop backs. That is a season high.

ROSTER

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,444

Post#384 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:06 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

We thought Reese was bad...

Read on Twitter

And out of all the top picks we basically just have Andrew Thomas as a worthwhile keeper on the entire roster. Also factor in we are essentially cap stuck all next year too because the way we went on a spending spree locks us in to these guys with dead money for another year.

We are one of the worst teams with little talent and zero cap flexibility.

The only thing that might attract a GM is that we are likely to have two top 10 picks in the draft and hopefully they have freedom to to purge the roster.

There's got to be no way he survives that. Basically 4 years down the drain. Time to clean house.

Joe Judge and the coaching staff doesn't get a pass from me anymore either. After a bye week the team look completely unprepared with any sort of gameplan.

Read on Twitter

WTF is this? 15 days to prepare and this is what is happening? This is some pop-warner level sh*t.

Judge and the coaching staff needs to go too. Anyone that has backed Jason Garrett this long should no longer be here. Let the new GM pick his guys. How much more do they need to see to make changes???
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,174

Post#385 » by Kampuchea » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:13 pm

Giants need to scrap the whole thing and start the rebuild. QB, O-line and D-line are where most of our picks need to go.

Jones is both in a bad place to succeed but also not that great at decision making and not showing improvement.

Golladay is just another WR we wasted all of our money on. The biggest issue with the team is roster management and building, draft and free agents. They have talent in a number of spots but it is just a bad mix of players put together AGAIN. Changing a coach is not going to fix that, not that they shouldn't change the coach but even if we do we aren't going anywhere without a new GM.
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#386 » by Kampuchea » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#387 » by Kampuchea » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:39 pm

Read on Twitter
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#388 » by GONYK » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:54 pm

Maybe we'll actually target Golladay now
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#389 » by DaGawd » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:40 pm

Do any of y’all still bother tuning in to games? This is for Giants and Jets fans lol
BaF
Washington Wizards
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#390 » by Kampuchea » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:42 pm

DaGawd wrote:Do any of y’all still bother tuning in to games? This is for Giants and Jets fans lol

I watched last night for fantasy football, because I had Gronk and TB defense going and needed Golladay to play poorly as well.

If we didn't suck I would have pulled for Giants but since we do - happy for fantasy reasons.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#391 » by GONYK » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:48 pm

DaGawd wrote:Do any of y’all still bother tuning in to games? This is for Giants and Jets fans lol

I watched just to see Eli commentate on the Giants
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,826

Post#392 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:54 pm

I remember the day Gettleman was hired, Steve Smith Sr. went on the NFL Network and said that the Giants were making a mistake and that Dave Gettleman, who he knew personally from his time in Carolina, was a horrible GM. I never forgot that because Smith isn't the type of guy to sugar coat stuff and lo and behold, he was right.

But even when Gettleman and Judge, who has been awful, get their walking papers, this team will still be in horrible shape. The cap situation for '22 looks horrific, and I don't think that it's a coincidence that when John Mara hired his brother Chris to be the VP of Player Personnel, things started to deteriorate gradually until the bottom fell out. The offensive line has been bad for years and I don't remember the last time we actually had a consistent pass rush.

Two first rounders with no enticing QB prospects says to me we probably kick the tires on Daniel Jones for one more year while the next GM tries to clean up the toxic waste. On offense, outside of Thomas and Toney, everyone should be fair game.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#393 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:14 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I remember the day Gettleman was hired, Steve Smith Sr. went on the NFL Network and said that the Giants were making a mistake and that Dave Gettleman, who he knew personally from his time in Carolina, was a horrible GM. I never forgot that because Smith isn't the type of guy to sugar coat stuff and lo and behold, he was right.

But even when Gettleman and Judge, who has been awful, get their walking papers, this team will still be in horrible shape. The cap situation for '22 looks horrific, and I don't think that it's a coincidence that when John Mara hired his brother Chris to be the VP of Player Personnel, things started to deteriorate gradually until the bottom fell out. The offensive line has been bad for years and I don't remember the last time we actually had a consistent pass rush.

Two first rounders with no enticing QB prospects says to me we probably kick the tires on Daniel Jones for one more year while the next GM tries to clean up the toxic waste. On offense, outside of Thomas and Toney, everyone should be fair game.

I only take solace that the runner up to DG (Riddick) would have selected both Barkley and Dwayne Haskins. So we probably wouldn't be in a much better position at all (maybe even worse) which is hard to imagine.

At minimum the 2 top 10 picks should jump start the rebuild if we get it right. I really wouldn't touch a QB next year. I want to focus on the OL and DL (specially edge, no more interior DL). We need to pump high draft picks into both and we can keep punting that down the road like we do every year.

Assuming we don't get #1 to get Kavyon Thibodeaux some combination of Neal, Ekwonu, Linderbaum on offensive line and Hutchinson, or Karlaftis...could really swing the line talent.

Then you would still have an early 2 and two early 3's to get some more OL talent and maybe a play making LB which they desperately need.

Parsons looks like a stud and we passed on him.

ROSTER

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#394 » by GONYK » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:34 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I remember the day Gettleman was hired, Steve Smith Sr. went on the NFL Network and said that the Giants were making a mistake and that Dave Gettleman, who he knew personally from his time in Carolina, was a horrible GM. I never forgot that because Smith isn't the type of guy to sugar coat stuff and lo and behold, he was right.

I only take solace that the runner up to DG (Riddick) would have selected both Barkley and Dwayne Haskins. So we probably wouldn't be in a much better position at all (maybe even worse) which is hard to imagine.

At minimum the 2 top 10 picks should jump start the rebuild if we get it right. I really wouldn't touch a QB next year. I want to focus on the OL and DL (specially edge, no more interior DL). We need to pump high draft picks into both and we can keep punting that down the road like we do every year.

Assuming we don't get #1 to get Kavyon Thibodeaux some combination of Neal, Ekwonu, Linderbaum on offensive line and Hutchinson, or Karlaftis...could really swing the line talent.

Then you would still have an early 2 and two early 3's to get some more OL talent and maybe a play making LB which they desperately need.

Parsons looks like a stud and we passed on him.

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#395 » by GONYK » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:54 pm

Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#396 » by Kampuchea » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter
FrozenEnvelope
Starter
And1: 3,235

Post#397 » by FrozenEnvelope » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:31 pm

Even though wins at this point hurts the future (I want Gettleman & Judge gone), I cannot be mad at beating the Eagles. I was fully expecting Philadelphia to drive down the field and get a crazy TD there at the end. Shocked Boston Scott fumbled! He's like the Terrence Ross version of the NFL and only plays well against the Giants for some reason. We're lucky Hurts stinks.

The offense is still a mess! Proving it wasn't just a Garrett conservative play calling issue. And it's not just the OL either. Some of our skill position guys (Saquon & Golladay in particular) are just not good and severely overrated. We should never ever run plays that start with a pass behind the line of scrimmage cause these guys are not physical or fight for yardage. Saquon especially goes down as soon as he's touched. I was a believer in Jones but hope is dying with every game. I wouldn't be sad if we drafted another QB or went with a vet.

I hate feeling like this because it's exactly how I felt with the Knicks until Thibs came along but I hope this team doesn't win too many more games and fools Mara into believing there is something here with this core. Mara needs to bite the bullet, hire the best GM money can offer and let him hire his own HC and staff and let him start over.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#398 » by GONYK » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:00 am

The offense wasn't going to change much after 3 practices but it was good to see Golladay targeted more.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,444

Post#399 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:50 pm

Always good to beat the Eagles. For as bad as the Giants have been, at least we didnt draft Reagor in the first round
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#400 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:08 pm

Jets manage to screw up draft position with meaningless win. Then again, they'd just draft a no show player like Becton, a dubious Twink like Zach Wilson etc.

Return to New York Knicks