ImageImageImageImage

Team Breakdown

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Bigmagicfan82
Starter
And1: 343

Team Breakdown 

Post#1 » by Bigmagicfan82 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:15 am

This is my breakdown of how I see the players on the roster future with the team.

First bus out of town/Gone by Deadline:
Ross
Harris

Would like to keep but will trade for the right deal:
Fultz
MCW
Mo Wagner
Lopez

Core Players but not untouchable:
WCJ
Hampton
Bamba
Okeke

Closest Thing to untouchable:
Suggs
Anthony
Franz Wagner
Isaac

No Future:
Moore

I know I will get some heat for this but I think Cole and Suggs are the future. Fultz lack of shooting will make him a liability. I know Suggs is struggling now with his shooting but I think he will get better with time. I struggled with Mo Bamba. I struggled about if he should be considered core are trade asset. He is not a good defender at all. He is a good shot blocker but his man to man defense is horrible and he is the worst rebounding 7 footer I have ever seen. I think he is a career back up Center. So for that reason if we can get him on a good contract why not let him be part of the core. If we can't, then trade him. In the draft I see us taking most likely a back up 4. That means that WCJ will move back to the 5 and Bamba can go to the bench.

What does everyone else think?
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,178

Re: Team Breakdown 

Post#2 » by Statlanta » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:57 am

I’d put everyone in the 2nd tier. There’s no star on this roster. I wouldn’t hitch anything to anybody. Everybody: Mosley, Hammond/Weltman, Isaac/Bamba/Suggs/Fultz/Wagner should be moveable.
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#3 » by MasterGMer » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:08 am

Would you do a trade
Orlando: Gary Harris + Mo Bamba + CHI or Denver's first round pick
GSW: Andrew Wiggins + 2nd round pick
DSN1423
Sophomore
And1: 66

Post#4 » by DSN1423 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:02 am

MasterGMer wrote:Would you do a trade

I would not do that, WIggins doesnt provide enough of what we need (a number 1 or 2 scoring threat and rebounding). He has found his niche as a 3rd-4th best player on a team with a defensive role who can play off of superior offensively talented teammates. With Franz, Chuma and JI on the roster it seems a move to more of the same type of athlete as opposed to something we desperately need to enhance our rebuild.

Plus we give up a 1st, we seem to be in the asset collection mode under WEHAM and I think Mo and and first rounder probably hold as much asset value as what Wiggins does at the moment IMO.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,892

Post#5 » by drsd » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:24 am

DSN1423 wrote:

I would not do that, WIggins doesnt provide enough of what we need (a number 1 or 2 scoring threat and rebounding). He has found his niche as a 3rd-4th best player on a team with a defensive role who can play off of superior offensively talented teammates. With Franz, Chuma and JI on the roster it seems a move to more of the same type of athlete as opposed to something we desperately need to enhance our rebuild.

Plus we give up a 1st, we seem to be in the asset collection mode under WEHAM and I think Mo and and first rounder probably hold as much asset value as what Wiggins does at the moment IMO.

I personally would absolutely support Harris, Bamba, a not-Orlando first for Wiggins and a second (that will probably be sold off anyhow as a 58th-level selection).

In the end, Harris is irrelevant. So this is really about Bamba and a low-first for Wiggins. How can Orlando not get behind that?
With Thompson coming back, this trade does make sense for Golden State. I actually see the ask as being too low. Perhaps both the Chi and Den FRPs gets the Warriors interested.

The consequence of this trade is this 2022/23 depth chart, without further trades:

Fultz/Anthony
Suggs/Ross/Hampton
WIggins/F-Wagner
Isaac/Okeke
Carter/M-Wagner

Add "some rookie", say Jabari Smith or Jalen Duren, and add a couple LLE-vets, this is an easy team to envisage making the playoffs in 22/23

I really like that team.

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#6 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:57 pm

No.

I’m not giving up Bamba, an expiring contract and a first for Wiggins and his contract while we are in a rebuild. What sense does that make?
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#7 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:59 pm

drsd wrote:
DSN1423 wrote:

I personally would absolutely support Harris, Bamba, a not-Orlando first for Wiggins and a second (that will probably be sold off anyhow as a 58th-level selection).

In the end, Harris is irrelevant. So this is really about Bamba and a low-first for Wiggins. How can Orlando not get behind that?
With Thompson coming back, this trade does make sense for Golden State. I actually see the ask as being too low. Perhaps both the Chi and Den FRPs gets the Warriors interested.

The consequence of this trade is this 2022/23 depth chart, without further trades:

Fultz/Anthony
Suggs/Ross/Hampton
WIggins/F-Wagner
Isaac/Okeke
Carter/M-Wagner

Add "some rookie", say Jabari Smith or Jalen Duren, and add a couple LLE-vets, this is an easy team to envisage making the playoffs in 22/23

I really like that team.

You want to take on that contract and push Franz Wager to the bench during years when this team is in 100% development mode?

Sometimes I just don’t get why you even bother posting here. :roll:
YosemiteSam
Sixth Man
And1: 784

Post#8 » by YosemiteSam » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:08 pm

The title of this thread should be the nickname for this franchise. Team Breakdown

To the point of the thread, for me Isaac is clearly in 2nd tier. Make me an offer. Bag of chips plus relief from that contract?
drsd
RealGM

Post#9 » by drsd » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:28 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:You want to take on that contract and push Franz Wager to the bench during years when this team is in 100% development mode?

Sometimes I just don’t get why you even bother posting here. :roll:

Unless you see F-Wagner as a 20 pug player next year, then yes, having Wiggins for 2022/23 andF-Wagner as his backup is a potential idea. F-Wagner would be starting in 2023/24 anyhow, as it is hard to imagine Wiggins resigning (even if the Magic make the playoffs).

And that's the rub. Why should the Magic trade low-firsts for a Wiggins rental.

The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#10 » by The Effect » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:47 am

If we were decent, sure yeah id do that
But we are so far away from competing that i dont see the point of a wiggins on this team

Hes not the leader type vet you bring in with a young team, hes not a superstar that is going to take this from a 20 win team to the playoffs, and he makes too much to be a role player on a 20 win team.

We would need a Jimmy Butler type leader to come in here and turn this team around....wiggins isnt that
drsd
RealGM

Post#11 » by drsd » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:31 pm

YosemiteSam wrote:The title of this thread should be the nickname for this franchise. Team Breakdown

To the point of the thread, for me Isaac is clearly in 2nd tier. Make me an offer. Bag of chips plus relief from that contract?

This team is indeed broken.

p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,970

Post#12 » by p0peye » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:48 pm

Aside from rookies, none of the guys in the team is game changer and probably 3 years down the road only one or two will still be in Magic jersey as a roleplayer. Isaac looked special on defensive end, but injuries changed the outlook.

Return to Orlando Magic