2021-22 Dynasty Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,291

Re: 2021-22 Dynasty Season 

Post#401 » by sunskerr » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:22 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:If there is any interest in Michael Porter Jr send me a PM.

We almost need an injury keeper slot these days.

Any jokes aside, how would that work?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,045

Post#402 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:39 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:If there is any interest in Michael Porter Jr send me a PM.

I don't think it works, but teams with a couple players with long term injuries are basically giving up a season.

I suppose that is what helps with keeping an 8th guy instead of a 1st round pick.

Off the top of my head without a lot of thought we could pretend a guy like that gets dropped..or you can designate one player you cannot play for the entire season regardless of injury...so most teams would use it on an injury spot but maybe some would use it on a raw rookie. I think it would have to be like an extra keeper.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#403 » by sunskerr » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:45 am

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I don't think it works, but teams with a couple players with long term injuries are basically giving up a season.

I suppose that is what helps with keeping an 8th guy instead of a 1st round pick.

Off the top of my head without a lot of thought we could pretend a guy like that gets dropped..or you can designate one player you cannot play for the entire season regardless of injury...so most teams would use it on an injury spot but maybe some would use it on a raw rookie. I think it would have to be like an extra keeper.

Forgot about this. But yeah, it just seems like the way we have it now is fine. Season long injuries to key players are always a thing - and replacing an injured star with even a role player results in a massive drop off in results, even if we helped teams out somehow.

Anyways, Reggie Jackson and Mitch Rob are each available for a 2nd round - 4th round pick swap.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#404 » by Golanator » Tue Dec 7, 2021 7:25 pm

There has been a trade.

I give: Russell Westbrook
8on gives: Mikal Bridges and Dillon Brooks
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,045

Post#405 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 9:46 pm

Golanator wrote:There has been a trade.

Nice trade and package for Westbrook after taking him as part of a Jokic deal.
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#406 » by 8on » Wed Dec 8, 2021 4:42 am

Feels good on both sides. Golanator gets two of my favorite 25 and under players, and I make a previously unforeseen push into the top 3.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#407 » by Golanator » Wed Dec 8, 2021 6:32 am

8on wrote:

Feels good on both sides. Golanator gets two of my favorite 25 and under players, and I make a previously unforeseen push into the top 3.

You have so many guards hurt. Could see why you coveted Westbrook who is still a triple double threat every night.
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#408 » by 8on » Wed Dec 8, 2021 5:46 pm

Golanator wrote:
8on wrote:

You have so many guards hurt. Could see why you coveted Westbrook who is still a triple double threat every night.

Well, that’s in there somewhere. I think:

1) Weakest cat was assists, which I just addressed big time. Right on the cusp of the top 3, why not go for it? Can make up the point deficit on assists alone
2) RW is a physical freak who somehow rarely gets hurt
3) I can eat his percentages which, given volume, frankly aren’t that bad
4) We’ve seen passers pass well into their late 30’s
5) I do love Mikal and I like Dillon Brooks, but I’m starting to think Mikal won’t really take on a bigger offensive role until he changes teams. We thrive too much on system ball and with Book and Paul, we really don’t need Mikal to be a 20 point scorer. So long as we keep DA, of course. Which….ummm.

I knew I needed a real point guard after the auction draft. With Mikal and Brooks gone, I can keep Scottie and use a 1st while keeping RW’s production around for 4-5 years. If we weren’t good enough right now, I wouldn’t have gone for it, but we are.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#409 » by bigfoot » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:53 am

Wow ... i think half my team is in health and safety protocols
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#410 » by sunskerr » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:08 am

bigfoot wrote:Wow ... i think half my team is in health and safety protocols

The INJ situation could get worse than last year with the new covid variant. Been thinking of ways to combat it, mainly by notifying the league that in X number of days I would be adding an extra IL spot for this season only. But quite frankly at this rate it seems pointless because of the sheer volume of protocol players and positive tests. So there's nothing with any traction at all so far.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear it, but I'd be prepared to just have another year where it comes down to health and being super active on the waiver wire and good trade deals.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 687

Post#411 » by Kyler Murray » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:37 pm

Take a look at my team, 12 out of 15 players have INJ flag.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 687

Post#412 » by Kyler Murray » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:38 pm

sunskerr wrote:

The INJ situation could get worse than last year with the new covid variant. Been thinking of ways to combat it, mainly by notifying the league that in X number of days I would be adding an extra IL spot for this season only. But quite frankly at this rate it seems pointless because of the sheer volume of protocol players and positive tests. So there's nothing with any traction at all so far.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear it, but I'd be prepared to just have another year where it comes down to health and being super active on the waiver wire and good trade deals.

Maybe reduce games played to like 70?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#413 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:42 pm

Have to admit this season I'm one of the bad fantasy mangers who's basically given up before the new year. Just can't keep up with the injuries and COVID. Still trying to set lineups but I'll take my punishment without complaint if I don't reach the min game mark.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#414 » by sunskerr » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:56 am

Kyler Murray wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

Maybe reduce games played to like 70?

I think the managers at the top would hate me. The ones who really want the chip are still cycling through free agents, so the teams who pick up the best free agents will be in the best position when their stars return from protocols. The NBA has already shortened the protocols from 10 days to 6/7 days, giving an extra 1-2 games worth of days, which is massive for us fantasy players. The rest just seems to come down to how likely players are to get reinfected.

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Have to admit this season I'm one of the bad fantasy mangers who's basically given up before the new year. Just can't keep up with the injuries and COVID. Still trying to set lineups but I'll take my punishment without complaint if I don't reach the min game mark.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Whatever one may think about the growing fatigue of restrictions, it's happening and the safety restrictions the NBA had last year are not in place, so the result is that this season is worse than last year when it comes to covid. But the schedule is no longer condensed so hopefully we don't see as many basketball-related injuries.

Just try to remain "around" for things like trade inquiries by checking up on your team. We still encourage people to set their lineups as often as possible.

If anyone wants to tank, that's technically fine- we've had bottom feeders every year and it hasn't hurt the competition- but I think most managers here would agree that it should be done in a way that positions your team for the future (rebuilding/retooling). Doing things like consolidating assets, shipping off non-keeper contributors to contenders for picks, and looking for prospects on the wire can be super valuable things to a team that isn't competing currently. Even being able to upgrade just one keeper from your team in a down year can be a big step towards the future for a team.

There were two lines "Create 4 draft tiers, random lottery for each. Inactivity drops team 1 tier down" and "Inactivity exceptions due to injuries considered" recorded in the rule changes tab in the league spreadsheet. However given how severely covid has impacted teams this year, I think everybody might just end up having the injuries exception clause in their back pocket.

We can also vote on any other tanking rules during the offseason.

I've also decided to do the draft lottery when the season concludes. Just seems more convenient so when things ramp up in September/October next year, people already know where they're picking and will have more time to prepare.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#415 » by sunskerr » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:17 pm

Looks like the covid spell has relented. Hopefully there isn't another massive wave although I still advise contenders to be prepared to have to deal with another one this season.

Also looking for a forward who can get some boards, or maybe consolidate for a superstar at the forward spots if possible.

Fox, Irving, Okongwu, Robinson, Kevin Porter Jr. all available, and Ingram if a superstar is coming back.

Loving how well the rookies are producing this year. I suspect this will be the case going forward as incoming talent replaces less talented players until the league is completely saturated with amazing NBA prospects. Don't know how long that will take though.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#416 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Feb 1, 2022 2:10 am

Spicy trade notification
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,538

Post#417 » by Qwigglez » Tue Feb 1, 2022 2:20 am

MrMiyagi wrote:Spicy trade notification

I'm not going to win it this year and I was trying to find someone who was in win now mode. Desertfox just lost SGA for at least a couple of weeks and with Lebron also out AD should have some monster stats barring any injuries. Bogdanovic was on my list of potential keepers but I have 3 of those guys that I'm unsure of keeping so I figured a 2 for 1 deal is fine. Bojan will also have monster games since Ingles is out the rest of the year (potentially career since he's a bit older) along with Gobert and Mitchell.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,101

Post#418 » by Slim Charless » Tue Feb 1, 2022 2:39 am

MrMiyagi wrote:Spicy trade notification

Very spicy.

My lead gap is gonna be closed lol.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#419 » by sunskerr » Tue Feb 1, 2022 3:21 am

I would have given up a **** tonne for SGA but idk if the actual production value of what I'd be willing to give up would exceed AD. Also might have been lopsided the following year. I know I'm still looking for a forward but I've been high on SGA for 2 years.

Probably I would have given up Kyrie + Fox + Robinson + Okongwu or some combination. Yeah that definitely is a bit insane going into next year if Kyrie plays every game and Okongwu/Fox keep developing, alongside the roster he already has.

But all in all DesertFox has been having an insane year and has made winning trade after trade.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,538

Post#420 » by Qwigglez » Tue Feb 1, 2022 5:04 am

I'm also high on SGA, and this gives me a fairly young and competitive core roster of SGA, Booker, Lavine, Mobley, Bamba, and Poeltl. I'm on the fence on who my last keeper should be.

Return to Phoenix Suns