OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1641 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:30 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Is Guardians of the Galaxy worth the $29.99 sale price for ps5 right now?

It's pretty good. I wouldn't say I completely regret paying full price, but it's also about a 20 hour game with no replayability. It's the kind of game that makes me wish we still had a Family Video here in town, or that I had just used Gamefly. Oh, and Rocket is maybe the biggest drag of a video game character in recent memory. He **** sucked.

I used some Google rewards, got a Target gift card and had them price match it at $29.99. I figure can't go wrong for $15.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1642 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:33 pm

I can't believe it took me this long (hours into the game) to set up automatic boar, wolf and greydwarf farms in Valheim. The construction took a while to make them look nice but it saves so much time vs. having to farm individual mats for everything.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1643 » by jschligs » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:58 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
jschligs wrote:Lost my Apple Watch Series 3 in Seattle a few months ago, got a $250 Amazon gift card from some schlep SaaS account manager wanting me to sign with them, bought the Series 7. Holy cow they made a lot of advancements in 4 years. Would never upgrade each year, but I'm pleased with this one.

What size did you get? 45 seems kinda big but 41 kinda small.

I got 45 because I’m pretty tall. The screen is massive since it basically goes all the way to the boarder, you could probably get away with 41 and it’d be the same screen size as the older larger ones. I like it though, I don’t find 45 too big at all.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,021

Post#1644 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:37 am

LOL ****'s Demon's Souls.

I started another playthrough last week but tonight I went back to an old save from earlier this year. Had no idea what I was doing when I started it up. NG+, obvious Mage Build. Quickly remembered I had a Secret Dagger+10 as my primary damage dealer and Firestorm to take care of big folks. I inexplicably had gone through 1-3, 2-4, and 5-2 before going to 3-1 so that's where I started. I think it's sicko sh*t to know the whole of the Tower of Lateria like the back of your hand, but that's where I was tonight.

I cruised through the whole TOL, got ready to go up to the Fool's Idol boss, and literally one arrow from the red phantom at the gate took me out. My awesome build is squishy as hell.
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#1645 » by Nightfall » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:10 pm

I've been playing "It takes two" on Series X with my 12 year old son. The game is amazing. We are having a blast.
Highly recommended especially for those with kids like me.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1646 » by Sauce Boss » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:48 pm

I received my new MacBook Pro on Friday and I'm loving it. The keyboard is a nice upgrade, I don't notice the camera notch at all (especially as a dark mode user), and it's been real smooth with Pro Motion. My only inconvenience is related to some command line/package stuff for getting tooling setup for development (e.g. is this package native on Apple Silicon, do I need a Rosetta 2 version, etc...). Big thumbs so far if you need an upgrade.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 748

Post#1647 » by tonyreyes123 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:00 pm

That GTA remaster is actually pretty good, 3 was my favorite and it looks great now 60fps
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1648 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:04 am

This is excellent. I really dislike playing fighting games - just not for me - but I've been watching them more and more (specifically SFV) over the past year-plus. And it's also surprisingly the only 'e-sport' I watch. I guess this was the first live SFV event since the pandemic began.
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#1649 » by ACGB » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:18 pm

Since I got my PS5 I've pretty much been playing all the games in the PS plus collection since I never had a PS4 but I picked up Demon's Souls, Mass Effect Trilogy, and Death Stranding Director's Cut in a b2g1. Mass effect 1 is just as good as I remember it being in 2007.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1650 » by WRau1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:15 pm

You guys know anything about this? Saw it advertised earlier this morning and it looks interesting.

#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1651 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:31 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:I received my new MacBook Pro on Friday and I'm loving it. The keyboard is a nice upgrade, I don't notice the camera notch at all (especially as a dark mode user), and it's been real smooth with Pro Motion. My only inconvenience is related to some command line/package stuff for getting tooling setup for development (e.g. is this package native on Apple Silicon, do I need a Rosetta 2 version, etc...). Big thumbs so far if you need an upgrade.

My 2017 Macbook Pro at work is starting to run slow, convinced my boss I needed the new 16" Macbook Pro M1 and it should arrive in a couple of weeks. I'm very excited.

It's funny because I'm a huge windows guy at home, but I also have an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Airpods, etc. So I live in both worlds.
lessthannick11
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#1652 » by lessthannick11 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:50 pm

I use Tapatalk to use this forum on my phone since I don't like how it works in the browser. The problem is that embedded tweets havent been working on the app and it seems like its a known problem. Does anyone else have this issue or is there a better/different app that people use other than tapatalk for this site?
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1653 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:54 pm

WRau1 wrote:You guys know anything about this? Saw it advertised earlier this morning and it looks interesting.

Oh this is right up my alley, save for maybe the macro stuff. Haven't heard anything about it until now - will have to do some digging.

ETA: Sounds like the verdict is to stay away for now because the game was in EA and not ready to launch yet.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1654 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:49 pm

jschligs wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:I received my new MacBook Pro on Friday and I'm loving it. The keyboard is a nice upgrade, I don't notice the camera notch at all (especially as a dark mode user), and it's been real smooth with Pro Motion. My only inconvenience is related to some command line/package stuff for getting tooling setup for development (e.g. is this package native on Apple Silicon, do I need a Rosetta 2 version, etc...). Big thumbs so far if you need an upgrade.

My 2017 Macbook Pro at work is starting to run slow, convinced my boss I needed the new 16" Macbook Pro M1 and it should arrive in a couple of weeks. I'm very excited.

It's funny because I'm a huge windows guy at home, but I also have an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Airpods, etc. So I live in both worlds.

I used to be real opinionated on being Android or iOS, Mac or PC, etc… but I’ve just come to embrace stuff for my needs. I have a Windows desktop for gaming and sometimes video editing. I have a MacBook for portability and programming/work. I think it’s all good stuff.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1655 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:54 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:

This is excellent. I really dislike playing fighting games - just not for me - but I've been watching them more and more (specifically SFV) over the past year-plus. And it's also surprisingly the only 'e-sport' I watch. I guess this was the first live SFV event since the pandemic began.

Didn’t watch SFV competition, but I did watch the Guilty Gear games that were held at Kumite. I think it’s got great presentation for a viewer. If you can look up the whole thing, there were some great matches (I think Apologyman especially had a good showing using a character most people have at low tier in Faust). If not, just check out the grand finals below. One of the players knowledge checked his opponent by picking a character he didn’t play at all in round robin or semis.

jschligs
General Manager

Post#1656 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:48 pm

Outside of my PC gaming (and Warzone PS5) I'm a huge handheld Switch gamer in bed. Just picked up FIFA 22 (I know, Switch versions are bad but I've enjoyed FIFA 20 and 21 manager mode), Zelda: Link's Awakening, Subnautica + Below Zero, Final Fantasy X/X-2, and Final Fantasy XII all for the Switch for a total of $137 thanks to black Friday sales.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1657 » by REDDzone » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:16 pm

Realizing I'm extremely late to the party here, but I picked up a Switch a few weeks back. Any recommendations outside of the basics like Odyssey and BotW? I have kids too and have been playing SMario3D and Mario Kart with them already and they love it.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1658 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:47 am

jschligs wrote:Outside of my PC gaming (and Warzone PS5) I'm a huge handheld Switch gamer in bed. Just picked up FIFA 22 (I know, Switch versions are bad but I've enjoyed FIFA 20 and 21 manager mode), Zelda: Link's Awakening, Subnautica + Below Zero, Final Fantasy X/X-2, and Final Fantasy XII all for the Switch for a total of $137 thanks to black Friday sales.

Do you know if FIFA 22 allows you to watch a match between teams that are both computer controlled? Say I wanted to do a career and make roster decisions + transfers, can I start a match against the CPU, then change my controller side to CPU and just watch the game?

I was always frustrated that previous FIFAs didn't have this.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,813

Post#1659 » by RubberSoul » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:49 am

lessthannick11 wrote:I use Tapatalk to use this forum on my phone since I don't like how it works in the browser. The problem is that embedded tweets havent been working on the app and it seems like its a known problem. Does anyone else have this issue or is there a better/different app that people use other than tapatalk for this site?

I’m in the same boat it sucks with embedded tweets not working. Unfortunately I know of no solutions hopefully Tapatalk fixes the glitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,021

Post#1660 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:00 am

Just arrived on Game Pass, and it's a wonderful time suck. Feels extremely deep.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks