Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

GWPhilly34
Sophomore
And1: 47

Re: Simmons Trade Thread - The Ocho 

Post#561 » by GWPhilly34 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:27 am

Madd Squabbles wrote:
Kolkmania wrote:
GWPhilly34 wrote:Maxey has earned his spot IMO. There are only a few guys worthy of playing over him in this league and we aren’t getting them for Simmons. Curry is doing unbelievable things too. I’ve been saying it but small forward is the position to try and upgrade. Ingram I believe is the perfect fit that isn’t a pipe dream.

Do you really think that Ingram is available? They should tank this year (aka sit Zion as long as possible) and try to draft another stud. That core will have enough talent to rise to the upper echelons of the West.

A Zion and Simmons combo doesn't make any sense, so if Ingram is available a third team should be involved.

If I'm the Pels they can still draft a stud without having to sacrifice Ingram. In my opinion, Ingram is only available for Simmons plus assets (2 FRPs). If I'm the Pels I let Simmons sit out till the All-Star break to get himself together as the Rockets did with Kevin Porter Jr. when they traded for him.

I'd also let Zion sit out until he is in shape. in the off-season, I would put together a package of Simmons and the high lotto pick to a team like OKC for SGA.

With this move though how valuable for the sixers are those first round picks anyway? They SHOULD (emphasis there) be almost second round picks so we give up a few years of development d league players for a young developing small forward that could play an amazing pick and roll game with Embiid and potentially become our closer. We’re going all in for the Embiids window right so who cares about one or two late round first picks that at best become role players.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#562 » by KL78192020 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:41 am

kuclas wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
deejay8595 wrote:Howard Eskin was just on WIP, and reported that he heard from a reliable source that Ben Simmons is having financial difficulties and may have to return to the team in order to pay for his lavish lifestyle. Remember Howard was the 1 who broke the Ben Simmons practicing at St.Joes news.

He simply retweeted someone else on the St Joe’s thing

Simmons probably spends 1 million a month. I wouldn’t be surprised. If he makes say 30 million/12 months. That’s 2.5 million a month. Whack 50% of taxes on top of that. That’s 1.25 million a month after taxes roughly.

No income and not a lot of advertising revenue from sponsors means he can be broke soon.
The cost of mortgage and maintenance on his multiple homes has got to be at least 100k a month

How do you know he spends 1 million per month? Plus hes still getting his Nike money.
still in payne
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#563 » by still in payne » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:06 am

Benji may not be broke, but it's no bed of roses for him. Nike must be really pleased with paying him to represent their brand. He's not getting adulation and positive vibes everywhere he goes. Even his Klutch "family" must be a little miffed - no commission on appearances, commercials, etc. Klutch must be getting a lot of side-eye from the league and management. Ben went from a sports A or B lister to a pariah, getting made fun of at the ESPYs. Australia is unhappy with him after he bowed out of the Olympics, and in Philly... I don't think they have fond memories at LSU, either. This is his second contract, his prime earning time, and he's blowing it. The next contract might be more problematic.
Ben is a young man who loves the celebrity lifestyle. He has money, but he's lost the shine. Simmons jersey anyone?
Madd Squabbles
Junior
And1: 192

Post#564 » by Madd Squabbles » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:47 am

Got this from the Kings board. Thought it was interesting:

To be honest I think both Hali and Mitchell are better PGs. They aren't better players, but they both run the team better than Fox.
The biggest thing for Hali is to start shooting the damn ball. If you are going to let defenders go under all the time it makes it so much easier to defend. Teams don't need to go over the screen against both Hali and Fox, for different reasons.

Actually, I can't think of another team where defenders go under the screen as much as against the Kings.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#565 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:03 am

Madd Squabbles wrote:Got this from the Kings board. Thought it was interesting:

To be honest I think both Hali and Mitchell are better PGs. They aren't better players, but they both run the team better than Fox.
The biggest thing for Hali is to start shooting the damn ball. If you are going to let defenders go under all the time it makes it so much easier to defend. Teams don't need to go over the screen against both Hali and Fox, for different reasons.

Actually, I can't think of another team where defenders go under the screen as much as against the Kings.

Fox is not an alpha perimeter scorer like steph or Harden, you wont win if you just give the ball to him and let him run your offense.

The reason why Mitchell and Haliburton looked better is they’re playing within their role.

Its like If we have alternate system of our collective dribble drive offense with Milton-Seth running it and a straight up Maxey PnR offense, I believe the Milton-Seth offense will look better.

That said, if we have Fox and let him play with our collective dribble drive system, I do think he’d be more efficient and look much better. When he is in the groove, he’ll look too good for our offense. But in most nights, he’d play within what his average game is capable with.

The thing that scares me about Fox is his shooting and defense may both be fool’s gold, and if that is the case them we’d get bamboozled big time.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#566 » by Tomjas » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:46 am

Hali has talent & should have a long career

One of his biggest problems is that he’s playing on a dysfunctional roster with some players who have less than ideal attitudes

I doubt that he will ever be a #1 option but the Kings should clear out a lot of players while retaining him as some of the others have value

He would be perfect for a system team like the Spurs
76ciology
RealGM

Post#567 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:11 am

Tomjas wrote:Hali has talent & should have a long career

One of his biggest problems is that he’s playing on a dysfunctional roster with some players who have less than ideal attitudes

I doubt that he will ever be a #1 option but the Kings should clear out a lot of players while retaining him as some of the others have value

System and scoring talent like the Warriors

If we have Lillard instead of Maxey, I’d also say we also would be a good fit.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#568 » by Tomjas » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:47 am

76ciology wrote:
Tomjas wrote:Hali has talent & should have a long career

System and scoring talent like the Warriors

If we have Lillard instead of Maxey, I’d also say we also would be a good fit.

Hali is talented but if he’s the centrepiece of a Ben trade then it’s an awful return

Not hard to understand
Madd Squabbles
Junior
And1: 192

Post#569 » by Madd Squabbles » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:40 am

The more I think about it the more I think this starting 5 along with our bench depth can be a contender:

Tyrese Maxey - Seth Curry
Tyrese Haliburton - Mattisse Thybulle
Harison Barnes - Danny Green
Tobias Harris - George Niang
Joel Embiid - Andre Drummond

I know people want a superstar and draft picks for Simmons but the Sixers are not getting full value for Simmons. This starting 5 shores up two big problems the Sixers would have in the playoffs. Moving Seth to the bench would stop teams from targeting him defensively. Adding Barnes would add another solid starter that can hit 3s, defend and create offense.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#570 » by Tomjas » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:49 am

Madd Squabbles wrote:The more I think about it the more I think this starting 5 along with our bench depth can be a contender:

I know people want a superstar and draft picks for Simmons but the Sixers are not getting full value for Simmons. This starting 5 shores up two big problems the Sixers would have in the playoffs. Moving Seth to the bench would stop teams from targeting him defensively. Adding Barnes would add another solid starter that can hit 3s, defend and create offense.

Contender for what?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#571 » by the_process » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:08 am

Madd Squabbles wrote:The more I think about it the more I think this starting 5 along with our bench depth can be a contender:

You said “contender”, but Tobias Harris is still on your roster.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#572 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:11 am

Tomjas wrote:

Contender for what?

Doesnt give us a go to guy option and still leave us butt naked against Giannis or KD.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#573 » by Tomjas » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:19 am

76ciology wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

Contender for what?

Doesnt give us a go to guy option and still leave us butt naked against Giannis or KD.

So nothing
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 3,994

Post#574 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:16 pm

Bum Simmons himself is not a difference maker, so why do you expect a difference maker in return for him? what you are trying to do is to fleece the other team.
Horrible takes since 2016
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#575 » by Kobblehead » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:42 pm

Maxey, Barnes and Harris leaves too many defensive holes in the lineup. Also, not enough willing spacers (Maxey doesn't shoot, Harris is a reluctant shooter, Barnes 3pa rate is trending down as the months go on, Haliburton is gunshy right now).
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Post#576 » by Eyeamok » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:55 pm

still in payne wrote:Benji may not be broke, but it's no bed of roses for him. Nike must be really pleased with paying him to represent their brand. He's not getting adulation and positive vibes everywhere he goes. Even his Klutch "family" must be a little miffed - no commission on appearances, commercials, etc. Klutch must be getting a lot of side-eye from the league and management. Ben went from a sports A or B lister to a pariah, getting made fun of at the ESPYs. Australia is unhappy with him after he bowed out of the Olympics, and in Philly... I don't think they have fond memories at LSU, either. This is his second contract, his prime earning time, and he's blowing it. The next contract might be more problematic.
Ben is a young man who loves the celebrity lifestyle. He has money, but he's lost the shine. Simmons jersey anyone?

I love this post. Ben has as you said lost the shine. He can't even be a high profile face for mental illness because he's a fake. Every sponsor must be thinking, can I renegotiate his rate or when does his contract end. And if they are not thinking that they should be.
The way Ben and Klutch have gone about this has just been horrible. Not just from a basketball playing point of view, but from a brand point of view. His holdout has shined a light on his defects and very few people are feeling sorry for Ben and his plight.
For Ben to regain his shine he is going to have to ball the hell out wherever he ends up. And be consistent. For the first part of his career he has gotten by because he had potential and was an insane young talent. Now he will have to put up or shut up if he ever wants to get another contract like the one he now has. Financially he is screwing himself now and in the future (IMHO).

I don't know about his spending habits but from his IG he likes the good life and he has homes in Cali and Philly that need to be serviced and maintained. That chit can't be cheap.

And imagine how suborn and childish Ben must be to continue on this route even thought he is losing so much money. Or he is pretty gulliable to follow Klutch's plan while losing so much money and shine.

*Ben/Klutch even though they won't say so, have to be pissed that Maxey is having such a great season as a 76ers. Maxey and Embiid = 70 wins. Maxey, Ben and Embiid = 60 wins.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Post#577 » by Eyeamok » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:01 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:Bum Simmons himself is not a difference maker, so why do you expect a difference maker in return for him? what you are trying to do is to fleece the other team.

Say what not a difference maker ! He is a multiple time NBA All Star. He was rookie of the year, could easily be DPOY and he is a 6 '10' PG with amazing vision. Sounds like a difference maker to me. :banghead: :lol: :roll:

From the playoffs till now this whole situation has shined the light on his defects. But this is why Daryl Morey is paid the big bucks, lets see if he can turn (semi) garbage into gold. OK I'll take silver or bitcoin at this point too.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#578 » by Black Mage » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:54 pm

Looking at the Clippers, they sit at 10-8 and Kawhi, despite positive spin, is still trying to return in under a year from an ACL tear suffered mid June.

If you were the Clippers, do you punt on this season realizing that PG alone isn't going to get past GSW, Utah or some of the East teams? Something along the lines of:

Sixers: PG
Clippers: Simmons/Reed/Korkmaz/2022 1st/2024 Lottery protected 1st

Maxey/Milton
Curry/Thybulle
PG/Green
Harris/Niang
Embiid/Drummond
fkd215
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#579 » by fkd215 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:03 pm

Black Mage wrote:Looking at the Clippers, they sit at 10-8 and Kawhi, despite positive spin, is still trying to return in under a year from an ACL tear suffered mid June.

If you were the Clippers, do you punt on this season realizing that PG alone isn't going to get past GSW, Utah or some of the East teams? Something along the lines of:

Sixers: PG
Clippers: Simmons/Reed/Korkmaz/2022 1st/2024 Lottery protected 1st

Maxey/Milton
Curry/Thybulle
PG/Green
Harris/Niang
Embiid/Drummond

PG is the prototype of the kind of player I'd want to get back in terms of his role, position, and ability to defend. I think he's the "too good to be true" example of what we'd want tho, and I don't think the Clippers would do it. But he's exactly the ideal to my mind.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#580 » by Negrodamus » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:09 pm

Haliburton is Lonzo with a more consistent jumper (despite both are wonky), and not yet proven defensive ability. Definitely a top 15 player in a draft, but he's a great role player; not someone to build around.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers