Game 18 : Denver Nuggets @ Portland Trail Blazers 

Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:10 pm

Read on Twitter
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Re: Game 18 : Denver Nuggets @ Portland Trail Blazers 

Post#2 » by DaFan334 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:34 am

The season of bad luck continues... That landing did not look good for PJ Dozier... Can we catch some sort of break this year or is this just Nug life?
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#3 » by Manolito » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:16 am

Who is going to tell Jokic Nuggets are tanking this season?
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#4 » by THE J0KER » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:19 am

Nuggets without big-3 (Jokic especially) obviously can't beat any decent team without the big help of that opponent, but I'm still confused about what happened with our defense lately. We all know Jokic's defense was widely underrated around the league, but still, no reason for the team to drop from under-100 to 120+ without him. Also, losing other important players (first Hyland, now Dozier) is very frustrating.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,220

Post#5 » by GeorgeSears » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:28 am

What's there to say? Injuries have really impacted this team. I hope Jokic can go for Friday.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#6 » by THE J0KER » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:36 am

Manolito wrote:Who is going to tell Jokic Nuggets are tanking this season?

Curry on his peak sacrificed the whole season for the team acting a bad form and early season-ending injury, but all for nothing (although it would be different if they take LaMelo instead of Wiseman). Ironically, two players which were taken from 12-15 spots (Tyrese Haliburton and Cole Anthony) which the Warriors would get without tanking 2019-20 season, perform so far better than any player taken from the 4-11 range in the 2020 draft.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,220

Post#7 » by GeorgeSears » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:25 pm

THE J0KER wrote:

Curry on his peak sacrificed the whole season for the team acting a bad form and early season-ending injury, but all for nothing (although it would be different if they take LaMelo instead of Wiseman). Ironically, two players which were taken from 12-15 spots (Tyrese Haliburton and Cole Anthony) which the Warriors would get without tanking 2019-20 season, perform so far better than any player taken from the 4-11 range in the 2020 draft.

Not a fan of tanking the season. First off, you don't know how the draft picks are going to pan out. The Nuggets have the pieces on their roster, they just have to get healthy. That's just it. Two years ago, this team made it to the WCF. But injuries have been unrelenting.

If they can hold down the fort until Murray gets back, the West is wide open to where they can go on a run. I think they should approach it like that.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#8 » by Richard Miller » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:12 pm

GeorgeSears wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

Not a fan of tanking the season. First off, you don't know how the draft picks are going to pan out. The Nuggets have the pieces on their roster, they just have to get healthy. That's just it. Two years ago, this team made it to the WCF. But injuries have been unrelenting.

If they can hold down the fort until Murray gets back, the West is wide open to where they can go on a run. I think they should approach it like that.

Absolutely, it's ridiculous to start tanking in November while they are still a .500 team. Also no guarantees whatsoever the draft pick would pan out or that they will be in better health the next season.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#9 » by Maf » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:44 pm

Even in full tank mode we could find it very very difficult to avoid Play-in.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#10 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:21 pm

Nobody with half a brain, injuries happen by accident, tanking is on purpose not the result of injuries, such a STUPID thing to say :roll:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to Denver Nuggets