ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Re: Official Spec Thread: Heart and Hustle Magic 2.0 

Post#1021 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:19 pm

Statlanta wrote:I’m not a fan of Turner. Absolutely spoiled by Matt Guokas playbyplay. I’m just wondering who will replace Steele when he hangs it up.

I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen someone "guest" host for him. Kind of try some people out??
Dante I would think would get a shot.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#1022 » by drsd » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:48 am

The Magic is out: Isaac, Fultz, Carter-Williams, Moore, Anthony, Harris. That's almost the beginnings of an NBA roster.

p.s. Carter-Williams and Moore are listed as "game time". So perhaps with Anthony, and Harris, all four will be game-ready in a week.

AND: Isaac is listed as returning "after 3 Dec" and Fultz "after 30 Dec".

Perhaps we will get a healthy roster as a New Year's present.

drsd
RealGM

Post#1023 » by drsd » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:52 am

JBSouthpaw wrote:
Statlanta wrote:I’m not a fan of Turner. Absolutely spoiled by Matt Guokas playbyplay. I’m just wondering who will replace Steele when he hangs it up.

I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen someone "guest" host for him. Kind of try some people out??
Dante I would think would get a shot.

I would think Dennis Neumann would get a close look to replace David Steele; Dante Marchitelli is probably more of a color-commentator. But I would imagine, if Turner would be release with Steele's retirement, someone like Doris Burke would be brought in.

MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#1024 » by MagicTownBaller » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:55 pm

After last nights loss, it really dawned on me that it's been 11 years since we won a playoff series and we've only been in the playoffs 2 of the past 9 years.

I'm starting to lose hope.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#1025 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:41 pm

MagicTownBaller wrote:After last nights loss, it really dawned on me that it's been 11 years since we won a playoff series and we've only been in the playoffs 2 of the past 9 years.

We have stealthily become the Clippers of the 90s/early 00s. WeHam are in year 5? And just now they are bottoming out when the majority of fans on here said they needed to do that from the very beginning they took the job. But they need to do some evaluating.....wouldn't it be nice to have 7 figure jobs with a long leash that don't demand results.....WeHam and Martins have found something :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#1026 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:42 pm

drsd wrote:The Magic is out: Isaac, Fultz, Carter-Williams, Moore, Anthony, Harris. That's almost the beginnings of an NBA roster.

p.s. Carter-Williams and Moore are listed as "game time". So perhaps with Anthony, and Harris, all four will be game-ready in a week.

AND: Isaac is listed as returning "after 3 Dec" and Fultz "after 30 Dec".

Perhaps we will get a healthy roster as a New Year's present.

I have no idea what they thought signing Moore to a contract. Yes he is veteran, so what.
aka: prorl
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#1027 » by MagicTownBaller » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:01 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
MagicTownBaller wrote:After last nights loss, it really dawned on me that it's been 11 years since we won a playoff series and we've only been in the playoffs 2 of the past 9 years.

We have stealthily become the Clippers of the 90s/early 00s. WeHam are in year 5? And just now they are bottoming out when the majority of fans on here said they needed to do that from the very beginning they took the job. But they need to do some evaluating.....wouldn't it be nice to have 7 figure jobs with a long leash that don't demand results.....WeHam and Martins have found something :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And look what had to change with the Clippers? They got Blake, number 1 pick. We haven't had the number 1 pick since Dwight when Cleveland has had it 3 times, Minnesota has had it twice, New Orleans has had it twice, and Philly has had it twice.

9 out of the past 17 years were by the same 4 teams. Jeez
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
drsd
RealGM

Post#1028 » by drsd » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:20 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:I have no idea what they thought signing Moore to a contract. Yes he is veteran, so what.

When Orlando signed Moore, the Magic needed a 3rd string combo-forward. Perhaps management new that Carter-Williams would be out a long, long time.

drsd
RealGM

Post#1029 » by drsd » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:25 pm

MagicTownBaller wrote:And look what had to change with the Clippers? They got Blake, number 1 pick. We haven't had the number 1 pick since Dwight when Cleveland has had it 3 times, Minnesota has had it twice, New Orleans has had it twice, and Philly has had it twice.

9 out of the past 17 years were by the same 4 teams. Jeez

And beyond James superman'ing in to save Cleveland, the best outcome of the power tank is a loss in the second round. The "Process" does not work. To paraphrase your point, just ask Minny, New Orleans and Philly.

Look at Minny in particular. That is a team that has made the playoffs only once in the last 18 years.

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#1030 » by basketballRob » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:02 am

I'm pretty sure I recall Steele being our radio guy before talking over the TV role when Caray left.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
The1llness
Pro Prospect
And1: 464

Post#1031 » by The1llness » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:26 am

Really wanna know what WeHams plan is. If it’s to let go Bamba, add a top 4 draftee and basically run it back then this team is going nowhere again.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#1032 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:43 am

We literally just started a new rebuild. Buckle up because it may take a while :lol: . I really like a fair few players on this team but I don't see any superstars yet. I'm not expecting miracles. It's hard to build a great team.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
drsd
RealGM

Post#1033 » by drsd » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:27 am

basketballRob wrote:I'm pretty sure I recall Steele being our radio guy before talking over the TV role when Caray left.

Yes he did Magic radio for 9 years.

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#1034 » by Skybox » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:49 pm

The1llness wrote:Really wanna know what WeHams plan is. If it’s to let go Bamba, add a top 4 draftee and basically run it back then this team is going nowhere again.

Me too...there comes a point when a consolidation move jumpstarts a someday-contender into a playoff team. You can only stockpile youth for so long, lose badly, and have people call it tanking on purpose. I don't think we're there yet, but we could be approaching the early part of that period of time by the Trade Deadline if we can actually learn what we have without too many injuries to guys that would likely be leaders. Most would probably say we've got at least one more high pick ahead of that time. But sitting in the lottery for more than a handful of years is fool's gold.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#1035 » by Ducklett » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:36 pm

What non-draft pick superstar is walking through that door guys? It isn't realistic.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#1036 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:36 pm

Skybox wrote:
The1llness wrote:Really wanna know what WeHams plan is. If it’s to let go Bamba, add a top 4 draftee and basically run it back then this team is going nowhere again.

Me too...there comes a point when a consolidation move jumpstarts a someday-contender into a playoff team. You can only stockpile youth for so long, lose badly, and have people call it tanking on purpose. I don't think we're there yet, but we could be approaching the early part of that period of time by the Trade Deadline if we can actually learn what we have without too many injuries to guys that would likely be leaders. Most would probably say we've got at least one more high pick ahead of that time. But sitting in the lottery for more than a handful of years is fool's gold.

With Bamba and Harris walking at the end of this year, we'll have cap space to add. If we trade Ross, that increases depending on who we get back.

We'll have good young players and picks to add to any deal.
This should be the summer to take a swing.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#1037 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:39 pm

Ducklett wrote:What non-draft pick superstar is walking through that door guys? It isn't realistic.

We've done it before, I think this summer is lining up for us.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#1038 » by Ducklett » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:07 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
Ducklett wrote:What non-draft pick superstar is walking through that door guys? It isn't realistic.

We've done it before, I think this summer is lining up for us.

People in here are talking about how long it has been since we won a playoff series, not realizing that it has been longer since we signed an allstar outright in free agency.

Go take a gander at the UFA list... it is hilariously bad. The best player is Zach Lavine. The second best player... I have no idea... Nurkic?

Best case? All of Beal, Irving, and Harden don't take their player options. Which of those guys is going to leave their high seeded playoff team to come play with Cole Anthony?

The likely cap space we will have is ~34million and if we traded Ross for straight up cap, it would be 45 million. That is one max guy. So the idea of offering two guys to team up isn't on the table. Beal/Irving/Harden deals would be ~180mil over 4 years.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#1039 » by Skybox » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:09 pm

Think trades...cap space and expiring are a great help for facilitation of trades too (not just pulling UFAs).
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#1040 » by pepe1991 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:54 pm

is it just me or Okeke looks slower and less athletic than last year?
There was play few games ago where he was on verge of missing dunk because his legs just weren't there in jump.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic