ImageImageImage

Around the League 2021-2022

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,296

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#241 » by winforlose » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:01 am

Lebron suspension is our gain. Lakers are 9-10 and we are 9th.
Battletrigger
Junior
And1: 200

Post#242 » by Battletrigger » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:36 am

For me it's a shame, you cannot punish the attacked harder than the aggressor. NBA was too soft with Bron.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#243 » by winforlose » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:15 pm

Battletrigger wrote:For me it's a shame, you cannot punish the attacked harder than the aggressor. NBA was too soft with Bron.

To be fair, the guy went crazy for 15 minutes. It’s not like he trash talked and then went to the locker room, he was trying to run through people. I kinda wish instead the NBA suspended Stewart 1 game and made him go to anger management.
Battletrigger
Junior

Post#244 » by Battletrigger » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:18 pm

winforlose wrote:
Battletrigger wrote:For me it's a shame, you cannot punish the attacked harder than the aggressor. NBA was too soft with Bron.

To be fair, the guy went crazy for 15 minutes. It’s not like he trash talked and then went to the locker room, he was trying to run through people. I kinda wish instead the NBA suspended Stewart 1 game and made him go to anger management.

I know man, but imagine how would be the world if the penal code were like that. The one how attacks has to be the one with the hardest punish.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#245 » by winforlose » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:20 pm

Battletrigger wrote:
winforlose wrote:

I know man, but imagine how would be the world if the penal code were like that. The one how attacks has to be the one with the hardest punish.

Man 1 punches man 2 in the face, man 2 tries to kill man 1 and is only stopped by a crowd of people who are also endangered by man 2, who do you thinks gets the worse punishment?
Battletrigger
Junior

Post#246 » by Battletrigger » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:31 pm

Stewart didn't try to kill anybody.

He overreacted but he didn't do anything in the end. Very flashy? Yes, but all noise.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#247 » by winforlose » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:36 pm

Battletrigger wrote:Stewart didn't try to kill anybody.

He overreacted but he didn't do anything in the end. Very flashy? Yes, but all noise.

True, but the delay in the game, the ongoing threat of violence, the refusal to leave the floor despite the ejection, the less serious but still real assaults on the people trying to restrain him (using the legal definition, not the common one,) and the terrible example to the children watching kinda forced the NBA’s hand. Stew needed to let the situation de-escalate and he didn’t. At some point it stops being a reasonable reaction and becomes something else.
fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Post#248 » by fattymcgee » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:37 pm

Battletrigger wrote:
winforlose wrote:

But did LeBron intentionally elbow him? The one video I saw wasn't very clear and I didn't think so therefore 1 game is adequate. However, if it was intentional, I agree he should've had a much longer suspension than Stewart. I'm surprised that I've only seen one video from one bad angle.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#249 » by winforlose » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:38 pm

fattymcgee wrote:
Battletrigger wrote:
winforlose wrote:

But did LeBron intentionally elbow him? The one video I saw wasn't very clear and I didn't think so therefore 1 game is adequate. However, if it was intentional, I agree he should've had a much longer suspension than Stewart. I'm surprised that I've only seen one video from one bad angle.

Look it up on ESPN, much better angle. Also, the opinion base is torn between he intended to hit him just not in the face (my opinion,) and he was aiming for the face. Either way a clear non basketball move and worthy of a suspension.
fattymcgee
Senior

Post#250 » by fattymcgee » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:06 pm

winforlose wrote:
fattymcgee wrote:
Battletrigger wrote:

Look it up on ESPN, much better angle. Also, the opinion base is torn between he intended to hit him just not in the face (my opinion,) and he was aiming for the face. Either way a clear non basketball move and worthy of a suspension.

If he intentionally elbowed him (especially anywhere near the face) he should be getting a longer suspension.
Conspiracy theory time: Are we not getting more camera angles because the NBA doesn't want us to see something?
winforlose
General Manager

Post#251 » by winforlose » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:11 pm

fattymcgee wrote:
winforlose wrote:
fattymcgee wrote:

If he intentionally elbowed him (especially anywhere near the face) he should be getting a longer suspension.
Conspiracy theory time: Are we not getting more camera angles because the NBA doesn't want us to see something?

There is an angle that shows it fairly well. I saw it on ESPN. It looked like Lebron was trying to get Stewart off of him and threw his arm to push him off. Where things go wrong is the elbow hits the face and Stewart goes down. Lebron seems shocked. It could be acting, but I think it was the natural oh Sh** moment we all have when something small becomes something big. I don’t see the NBA suspending a guy multi games when he has one ejection in 18 years and no history of violence. More likely if that doesn’t hit his face it is tech rather than a flagrant. But again, the move was non basketball and he therefore deserves a suspension. I didn’t like it when that stuff was done to me and I don’t blame the players for not wanting it done to them.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#252 » by FinnTheHuman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:24 pm

fattymcgee wrote:
winforlose wrote:
fattymcgee wrote:

You have all this footage, it's pretty clear, nobody's hiding anything. The only thing that remains a mystery is what exact intention was going through Lebron's mind. My take is that it was a short spurt of great frustration where he just decided to throw his arm/hand in the face/upper body area, but not to hit him like that and draw blood.

Check it out from ~00:45 in this vid, the guy's pretty funny :lol:

fattymcgee
Senior

Post#253 » by fattymcgee » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:29 pm

fattymcgee wrote:
winforlose wrote:
fattymcgee wrote:

I just found another video and you are right that it was obviously intentional. One thing I'd like to point out is that it was NOT an elbow! He let with the elbow and extended the arm and hit him with a back fist. In saying that, I'm not sure there really is a difference. It looked (to me) like they were tangled up and he swung at him to get loose. I don't think he was aiming for the face, but he did hit him in the face.

I'm changing my original stance as it certainly looked intentional and the suspension should've been longer even if he didn't aim for the face.
Battletrigger
Junior

Post#254 » by Battletrigger » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:41 pm

winforlose wrote:
Battletrigger wrote:Stewart didn't try to kill anybody.

True, but the delay in the game, the ongoing threat of violence, the refusal to leave the floor despite the ejection, the less serious but still real assaults on the people trying to restrain him (using the legal definition, not the common one,) and the terrible example to the children watching kinda forced the NBA’s hand. Stew needed to let the situation de-escalate and he didn’t. At some point it stops being a reasonable reaction and becomes something else.

Yes mate, I don't disagree that he earned a suspension but I'd like to see one or two games more to Bron.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#255 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:31 am

Wiggins might really get a ring this season. Wild.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#256 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:10 am

Gs is overrated. as
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#257 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:54 pm

Neeva wrote:Gs is overrated. as

I don't think so. I just don't think there is a lot of serious competition. There are maybe 3 teams that seem really good right now. Everybody else has holes. Bucks are shaky but could step up. Nuggets got injuries screwing them. Jazz, Jazz always seem like they are missing something. Sixers are screwed until they get a Smmons deal done. Celtics have fallen off a cliff. Nets are in trouble until Kyrie plays then they can be elite. NBA is wide open and the Warriros look the strongest to me right now. Especially if they get Klay and Wiseman back in the fold.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#258 » by Calinks » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:54 am

Ja Morant only has a sprain! Wolves need to try and make hay while he is out though, could be a few weeks.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#259 » by Note30 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:48 am

Lakers lost tonight too.

we're all still in reach
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#260 » by theGreatRC » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:04 am

Note30 wrote:Lakers lost tonight too.

we're all still in reach

We're literally a game out of 6th seed, we're fine.

As long as we don't going on losing streaks with 1 or 2 wins in between, we will be right there for the play in at the very end.

The bottom 5 teams do not look good
Dysfunctional Wolves fan

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves