Total votes: 6

CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,114

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#141 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:32 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:

Wow Wes just interviewed for the coaching job again and yes I would hire him. Didn’t give anyone a pass including himself - plus articulated what they did and didn’t do well.

Yeah he's a real, deal coach. What honest, uncanny recall he had of various moments during the game, pretty spot on. I have to believe with his photographic memory he's letting the team play through mistakes for long-term game at this point. He's too savvy, just to be not understand what's going on during the game. The Neto-Holiday lineup is a headscratcher though.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#142 » by payitforward » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:41 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
zero2hero wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:Dinwiddie's play or lack thereof, is becoming a real issue.

He's slow, can't penetrate, finish or defend.

This isn't true in the slightest man. There's a reason why Spence is in our TO defensive package with a defensive minded coach. He's a very capable defender and a big guard.

As far as offensive capabilities, he knows how to put our guys in place and can hit the 3 ball when needed to - which is all we ever wanted to pair with Beal. I mean, do you think this style of play is more or less sustainable than our previous star guard?

What's not true in the slightest?

1.) So far he's shown no ability to consistently beat his man off the dribble.
2.)He's slow/methodical which is in part, why our fastbreak points have plummeted.
3.) The few times he does get to the basket he seems to lack the ability to finish. Hopefully, that changes.
4.) I will give you this: He's solid at defending in the post due to his size

And as for just needing a guard to hit the three and direct traffic occasionally, is that really a 20m dollar player?

Fwiw, I don't think he's horrible player.

He's just more limited (so far) than I anticipated.

Basketball is not a gymnastics floor routine. You don't judge a player based on what you think they look like & then put up a number: e.g. "10."

You judge a basketball player on results -- on what he produces. & what he produces are his numbers.

Dinwiddie's numbers so far have been terrific. He's produced outstanding results overall. In other words, he's been terrific. Plus, he's an extremely solid defender (harder to relate directly to a player's own numbers). That said, he wasn't good last night.

So far this season, we've had a bunch of players produce outstanding numbers. That's why we're 11-6.

In particular, Harrell, Dinwiddie, Avdija, Gafford & KCP have been terrific. Kispert has been really solid as well -- with the sole exception being that he isn't hitting his 3's. Yet.

Kuzma has been more up and down -- but I'd say that's more or less what one would expect from him. Neto & Holiday have been bad -- especially in the last handful of games. Neto started strong; I'm reasonably confident he'll bounce back. Holiday has never been good, but he could be a bit better than he has been recently!

Obviously, our biggest problem, however, is that Brad isn't playing well. Dinwiddie sure is.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#143 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:53 pm

It's interesting that the same criticisms pointed at Dinwiddie were pointed at Jrue Holiday - until he was traded to Milwaukee and won an NBA Championship. Now, instead of being called slow, he's called deliberate. We just need to get Giannis, and we'll be fine. :)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dolevi
Senior
And1: 402

Post#144 » by Dolevi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:17 am

CobraCommander wrote:
miller31time wrote:Starting to wonder if Beal’s off-season price tag is going down. Is this a prolonged bad stretch or is this the Beal we’re getting this year?

Dinwiddie is an anomaly. He can get to the rim when he wants but chooses….not to.

WUJ needs to end his love fest with Holiday.

Trez needs to be signed to a 20-year deal.

Deni needs more PT.

Gafford needs to put on about 30 pounds of muscle.

Shame we wasted KCP’s “making shots” game. I really like those.

If Deni had 10% of Neto’s unreasonable confidence on offense coupled with his new found defensive prowess could Berhe second best player on team .....right after Trez
Lol, "unreasonable" :lol:
True
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#145 » by queridiculo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:33 pm

zero2hero wrote:Not a big loss. Charlotte hit some tough shots down the stretch, we survived a lot of learning mistakes from our young guys like Kuz. Hopefully the return of Rui will force him to dial it in more. Overall I'm not concerned. If it makes sense I'll still take our win over Miami as a better indicator of this team than our loss against the Hornets

It's a bad loss primarily because the Wizards are starting to buck the trend of not beating themselves.

Poor shooting is one thing, but the turnovers are absolutely what's been killing this team in this last stretch of games and I don't see any signs of it letting up.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,301

Post#146 » by dobrojim » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:51 pm

I think the games against MIA and CHA say something about all 3 teams short term.
Long term, we will just have to wait and see.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#147 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:16 pm

[NBA] CHA @ WSH, Final : 109 : 103
https://www.thescore.com/nba/events/2390789

Horrible shooting
Tremendous rebounding

Strange game
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#148 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:17 pm

Bye bye Beal.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,301

Post#149 » by dobrojim » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:46 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:

Wow Wes just interviewed for the coaching job again and yes I would hire him. Didn’t give anyone a pass including himself - plus articulated what they did and didn’t do well.

Gotta say I really like the personalities we have. Beal's demeanor isn't anything new but
WUJ and Trez are a breath of fresh air.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
RealGM

Post#150 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:52 am

Minnesota had won 5 games in a row... Charlotte just beat them

Right now they are just better than the wizards which is what I said after the 1st time they beat the wizards

Sent from my SM-A526U using RealGM mobile app

Edit to add

The pelicans own Kyle kuzma psychologically and Brandon Ingram is just a better player than Bradley bill

I cannot get my voice translate to real deal bill

It hears bio and it spells ABI LL because it must be a Japanese guy that made this Google Translate
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards