Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 5 

Post#582 » by FAH1223 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:28 am

Read on Twitter
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#583 » by mhd » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:52 am

I'm rooting for Russ big time. Love his intensity and constant effort. He won that game against Detroit tonight.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#584 » by FAH1223 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:34 am

mhd wrote:I'm rooting for Russ big time. Love his intensity and constant effort. He won that game against Detroit tonight.

:lol:

Read on Twitter
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,700

Post#585 » by montestewart » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:51 am

FAH1223 wrote:
mhd wrote:I'm rooting for Russ big time. Love his intensity and constant effort. He won that game against Detroit tonight.

:lol:

Read on Twitter

Refs thought he was flashing gang signs, he tried to explain it was Diamond Dallas Page's Diamond Cutter sign.

Read on Twitter

He's usually pretty hilarious in interviews.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#586 » by FAH1223 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:22 am

DAMN

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#587 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:10 pm

FAH1223 wrote:DAMN

Read on Twitter

The Porter family is jinxed with injuries. Hopefully MPJ comes back strong next season.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#588 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:14 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Right after the 17th anniversary of the “Malice at the Palace”

That was an absolutely brutal shot by Lebron to Stewart's head. Maybe he meant to hit him lower, but it was at least obviously wreckless. I think Stewart went nuts because it's probably the first time he ever got bloodied in the face like that - and there was a lot of blood in his mouth. Tasting your blood like that can make you go nuts temporarily. I think 1 game suspension for both would be reasonable.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
mhd
General Manager

Post#589 » by mhd » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:27 pm

Ruzious wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Right after the 17th anniversary of the “Malice at the Palace”

That was an absolutely brutal shot by Lebron to Stewart's head. Maybe he meant to hit him lower, but it was at least obviously wreckless. I think Stewart went nuts because it's probably the first time he ever got bloodied in the face like that - and there was a lot of blood in his mouth. Tasting your blood like that can make you go nuts temporarily. I think 1 game suspension for both would be reasonable.

You think Silver is not going to allow Lebron to play in NYC (Lakers play the Knicks next)? No way. That's how the NBA operates. They'll spend more time "deliberating" and suspend Lebron for the game after that.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#590 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:14 pm

My guy, Charles Bassey is starting to get PT for Philly. In his first 60 minutes, he's got a PER of 28.0. Per 36 minutes, he's averaging 16.5 points, 12.8 rebounds, and 4.3 blocks - with a TS% of 70.8. Small sample size theater but still impressive.
bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 462

Post#591 » by bsilver » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:46 pm

Cade Cunningham was impressive. Can do everything, and was controlling the game at times. Got off to a tough start this season shooting, but FT% over 90%, so FG% should improve. Looks like he deserved to be #1 pick.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,067

Post#592 » by nate33 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:53 pm

Ruzious wrote:My guy, Charles Bassey is starting to get PT for Philly. In his first 60 minutes, he's got a PER of 28.0. Per 36 minutes, he's averaging 16.5 points, 12.8 rebounds, and 4.3 blocks - with a TS% of 70.8. Small sample size theater but still impressive.

His per-minute numbers don't look as good as Isaiah Todd's! :wink:
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,067

Post#593 » by nate33 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:58 pm

bsilver wrote:Cade Cunningham was impressive. Can do everything, and was controlling the game at times. Got off to a tough start this season shooting, but FT% over 90%, so FG% should improve. Looks like he deserved to be #1 pick.

I wouldn't go that far. Not with the way Evan Mobley has looked.

I think it's a pretty sure thing, barring injury, that Mobley will pan out to be a top 10 player in the league, and maybe even a top 3 guy. Cunningham will be good, but he might only be Gordon Hayward tier good, and not to the level of Paul George/Tatum. And it's far from certain if he gets to the Luka Doncic tier of top 5 talents.

Not trying to denigrate Cunningham. I'm just saying Mobley is legitimately an elite talent.
mhd
General Manager

Post#594 » by mhd » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:03 pm

nate33 wrote:
bsilver wrote:Cade Cunningham was impressive. Can do everything, and was controlling the game at times. Got off to a tough start this season shooting, but FT% over 90%, so FG% should improve. Looks like he deserved to be #1 pick.

I think it's a pretty sure thing, barring injury, that Mobley will pan out to be a top 10 player in the league, and maybe even a top 3 guy. Cunningham will be good, but he might only be Gordon Hayward tier good, and not to the level of Paul George/Tatum. And it's far from certain if he gets to the Luka Doncic tier of top 5 talents.

Not trying to denigrate Cunningham. I'm just saying Mobley is legitimately an elite talent.

Yeah, Cade is skille. However, he's a below average NBA athlete. He needs to mimic Paul Pierce,

I can understand why Green went 2. He's got top-of-the-shelf athleticism. Mobely will be the best player in this draft.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#595 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:08 pm

nate33 wrote:

Yeah, I'd rather have Mobley than Cunningham. I watched the last quarter of the Lebron/Stewart game last night. Cade basically played the point on offense. Twice down the stretch, Cade went at Anthony Davis and got his shot blocked both times. Both decisions were either selfish or stupid. I know he's just a kid, but who doesn't understand you don't go directly at Davis - at his size - in crunch time? He's going to be good, but yeah - Hayward is really a generous comp; I think that's his ceiling.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,300

Post#596 » by dobrojim » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:02 pm

Westbrook with a pretty decent game (or 3rdQ at least) but LBJ-less LAL still lost at MSG.
Both teams looked pretty bad at times.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#597 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:34 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter
Lonzo ball got better since his rookie season
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#598 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:35 pm

tontoz wrote:Curry and the Ws just put a beat down on the Nets. Curry must be laughing to himself "you really left me for Kyrie ".
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#599 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:38 pm

Ruzious wrote:

Read on Twitter

The Porter family is jinxed with injuries. Hopefully MPJ comes back strong next season.
Even the sisters.

Jontay Porter we thought was going to be a great player but I don't think he's ever going to get over his injuries to play NBA ball.

If I were the Wizards I would be trying to maybe include Bradley 2 Denver right now for Michael Porter it is a risk reward thing
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#600 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:13 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Read on Twitter

Even the sisters.

Jontay Porter we thought was going to be a great player but I don't think he's ever going to get over his injuries to play NBA ball.

If I were the Wizards I would be trying to maybe include Bradley 2 Denver right now for Michael Porter it is a risk reward thing

Whenever I hear a serious nerve injury like MPJ's, I think Robert Pack. Initially, his injury wasn't expected to be very serious, but he never really recovered from it. Maybe medical science has improved since then, but I'd be too scared to trade for MPJ - especially with the family situation, and he's already had a major injury himself.

Return to Washington Wizards