Simmons deals DEC 15 (or Jan 15)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,669

Simmons deals DEC 15 (or Jan 15) 

Post#1 » by penbeast0 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:30 pm

The Sixers have not traded Simmons and the rumor mill isn't saying imminent. I'm wondering if they have the rough framework for a deal in place but it involves players that can't be traded until Dec (or Jan) 15th. What possible trades might this include?
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Re: Simmons deals DEC 15 (or Jan 15) 

Post#2 » by Bentley1225 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:43 pm

I think San Antonio and Sacramento are front runners. Perhaps the Sixers want Brynn Forbes once he's eligible in a framework of a 3 for 3 deal plus picks on Dec 15th.

To San Antonio
-Simmons (PG swap for Murray)
-Reed (SF/PF swap for Young)
-Joe (SG swap for Forbes)

To Philly
-Murray
-Young
-Forbes
-2023 1st
-2025 1st
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,023

Post#3 » by mg » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:14 pm

I think most fans are over the story at this point but I'd also have my money on Sac or San Antonio to end up with Simmons. Two low key WC teams where Simmons wouldn't be playing under the national lights. Possibly a package based around Murray or maybe even Fox as the Kings have way too many guards on their roster that need the ball. The Kings also seem like a team ready to make moves after firing Walton.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,023

Post#4 » by mg » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:16 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:I think San Antonio and Sacramento are front runners. Perhaps the Sixers want Brynn Forbes once he's eligible in a framework of a 3 for 3 deal plus picks on Dec 15th.

To San Antonio

To Philly
-Murray
-Young
-Forbes
-2023 1st
-2025 1st

Not bad but the 2 FRP's from the Spurs might be an overpay at this point. Murray is having a very good season.
twolves31
Junior
And1: 255

Post#5 » by twolves31 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:34 pm

I bid two bags of potato chips Prince, Beverly for Simmons and 3 first round picks. Obviously not an actual bid but the Wolves are out on Simmons, whoever gets him enjoy.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#6 » by zimpy27 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:41 pm

It could also be that the hold up is restrictions on guys that Philly want to add to Simmons in a trade
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,767

Post#7 » by HotelVitale » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:08 pm

mg wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:I think San Antonio and Sacramento are front runners. Perhaps the Sixers want Brynn Forbes once he's eligible in a framework of a 3 for 3 deal plus picks on Dec 15th.

To San Antonio

To Philly
-Murray
-Young
-Forbes
-2023 1st
-2025 1st

Not bad but the 2 FRP's from the Spurs might be an overpay at this point. Murray is having a very good season.

Eh, haven't seen him play but stats suggest Murray has mostly been getting a bump from being the creator on a low-talent team. The 18/8/8 lines are monster but his efficiency is equally monstrous--his TS is 49%, he's back under 30% from 3, and he's still barely drawing two FTs per game.

It definitely takes talent to get 18/8/8 so not saying he sucks, but that efficiency is so bad--and so consistent with the rest of his career--that any talk of a breakout has to take it into account.

Someone that inefficient is also not really what the Sixers need--Simmons put up the same numbers on very good efficiency (and with at least as good of efficiency), and Maxey is currently scoring much better and more efficiently too.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#8 » by Kilo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:43 pm

Where are these rumors that Philly has traded Simmons?
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#9 » by Soulyss » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:06 pm

Given the issues in SAC, this feels like the time where a Fox for Simmons deal gets done. That said, I think the Kangz will make a not-Kangz like move and extract a pick FROM the 76rs

Fox for Simmons and a 2022 lottery protected first round pick (lotto, lotto, top 10, 2-2nds)
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#10 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:48 pm

twolves31 wrote:I bid two bags of potato chips Prince, Beverly for Simmons and 3 first round picks. Obviously not an actual bid but the Wolves are out on Simmons, whoever gets him enjoy.

Don’t do this it doesn’t bring anything to the discussion and it’s against the rules
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#11 » by Kilo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:14 pm

Philadelphia will wait on the Portland FO fall out. Lillard is their obvious dream. I can't imagine new GM coming in and dealing Dame in two months, but rather wait until the off-season.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,834

Post#12 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:08 pm

Ben Simmons traded like OP says? News to me.
penbeast0
And1: 8,669

Post#13 » by penbeast0 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:36 pm

Sorry, that should have said "NOT traded." My mistake (fixed).
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#14 » by NYG » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:36 am

I'm just saying this and leaving it here...

The Ben Simmons trade won't be until draft night.

A.) Because Morey wants to show him up and emotions/pride are involved.
B.) This whole thing has become a gigantic mess that no one wants to touch.
C.) Morey has no Simmons+ option for a star and won't trade him for anything less.
D.) That option won't even be on the trade market pre-deadline much less for Simmons+.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#15 » by NYG » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:46 am

One more thing people forget... Trading a guy who won't play for you for draft picks from a team he will play for doesn't make sense.
Those draft picks are way more of a depreciating asset as he worsens the picks value by improving the team than Simmons himself even if he sits all year.

If those are the only kind of deals on the table right now, it definitely won't happen until at least post-lottery and the 76ers would talk to those teams at that point. Unless a Simmons+ for star deal presents itself pre-deadline, I'm betting that the 76ers aren't trading him.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,936

Post#16 » by Mamba4Goat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:52 am

FWIW the guys that can be traded on December 15th are guys not re-signed via bird/early bird rights. This is the likes of Lonzo Ball, DeMar DeRozan (both unlikely), Kyle Lowry (unlikely), Lauri Markkanen, Spencer Dinwiddie (unlikely), Devonte’ Graham, Evan Fournier, and Kelly Oubre. It honestly not too game changing of a crew considering it’s all middling role players after them.

Jan 15th is when players re-signed via early bird/bird rights join the discussion and the most realistic and significant piece by a considerable margin here is John Collins.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#17 » by BoogieTime » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:50 am

Soulyss wrote:Given the issues in SAC, this feels like the time where a Fox for Simmons deal gets done. That said, I think the Kangz will make a not-Kangz like move and extract a pick FROM the 76rs

Fox for Simmons and a 2022 lottery protected first round pick (lotto, lotto, top 10, 2-2nds)

I still wouldnt mind this as a Kings fan, the Fox/Simmons swap

Fox has looked much better under Gentry so far, and I think he will continue to. I think he quit under Walton. So I think he can work his way back up to value here to some degree

I don't know it its the best fit in Philly. Maybe they want spacing around Embiid, and don't like the fit with Maxey. who knows how they could play together, as they both have elements of being combo guards

I'm personally a fan of Hali/Mitchell so I'd be reluctant to come off them

I think what's not discussed is the Kings possibly underrated role player/picks package, compared to what may/may not be being offered elsewhere. There is a world where Simmons market isnt what we generally think it is. The Sixers are rumored to be after Grant. Is there much reason why Barnes is not in his category at this point? Buddy may/may not be overpaid, personally I think its near appropriate given how shooters are being compensated, but he is potent as a 6 man. But this type of package would have to come after this Sixers are painted into a tougher corner, and Morey loses leverage and Simmons is seen as a declining asset with a shriveled market if that landscape takes place
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#18 » by GutUNC » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:55 am

BoogieTime wrote:
Soulyss wrote:Given the issues in SAC, this feels like the time where a Fox for Simmons deal gets done. That said, I think the Kangz will make a not-Kangz like move and extract a pick FROM the 76rs

I still wouldnt mind this as a Kings fan, the Fox/Simmons swap

Fox has looked much better under Gentry so far, and I think he will continue to. I think he quit under Walton. So I think he can work his way back up to value here to some degree

I don't know it its the best fit in Philly. Maybe they want spacing around Embiid, and don't like the fit with Maxey. who knows how they could play together, as they both have elements of being combo guards

I'm personally a fan of Hali/Mitchell so I'd be reluctant to come off them

I think what's not discussed is the Kings possibly underrated role player/picks package, compared to what may/may not be being offered elsewhere. There is a world where Simmons market isnt what we generally think it is. The Sixers are rumored to be after Grant. Is there much reason why Barnes is not in his category at this point? Buddy may/may not be overpaid, personally I think its near appropriate given how shooters are being compensated, but he is potent as a 6 man. But this type of package would have to come after this Sixers are painted into a tougher corner, and Morey loses leverage and Simmons is seen as a declining asset with a shriveled market if that landscape takes place

Are we not of the opinion that this has been officially shot down? It doesn't make sense on its face from a fit standpoint and Morey seems to have leaked that into oblivion. Barnes/Harris doesn't make any more sense then Grant/Harris - none of those guys are 3s.
GDTBATH
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#19 » by gambitx777 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:07 pm

It's gotta be Det, OKC, or SAC. And for nothing close to what the fans think they will get.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#20 » by Village Idiot » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:36 pm

For Portland it opens up the possibility for something like Norm Powell and RoCo as the core outgoing pieces
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to Trades and Transactions