fatlever wrote:
Roll Tide 09 wrote:Ideally, our lineup will be like this in two years:

Ball
Rozier
Bridges
Thor
Jones

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

thats gross. melo aint sticking around for that. ideally in 2 yrs weve added another all-star next to melo and miles. not raw bigs who will just be learning how to be rotation guys. in 2yrs i hope one of kai/thor are at least playable for 20 mins.

“Ideally” in this context means both players developing to their potential.

Had this team signed Drummond when he was available, we’d be #1 in the East at the moment. Plumlee is great for the second unit.

We have the young Centers to develop. We need a VETERAN interior [defensive] presence and right now, just a rental though, so we can see what we’re going to do with Miles and Martin in regards to their contracts.

IG: @theonlylogicalthinker
IG: @arisethecompany

Twitter: @arisethecompany

Goodecharlotte
Sophomore
And1: 124

Re: Center Options 

Post#442 » by Goodecharlotte » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:37 am

I'd love to have KAT as a hornet him and Melo would be real nice, not sure what you'd need to give up though probably a 1st and maybe Plum & Oubre. It's Edward's team now so could be persuaded to a trade
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,736

Post#443 » by Diop » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:24 am

Roll Tide 09 wrote:
fatlever wrote:
Roll Tide 09 wrote:Ideally, our lineup will be like this in two years:

Ball
Rozier
Bridges
Thor
Jones

thats gross. melo aint sticking around for that. ideally in 2 yrs weve added another all-star next to melo and miles. not raw bigs who will just be learning how to be rotation guys. in 2yrs i hope one of kai/thor are at least playable for 20 mins.

“Ideally” in this context means both players developing to their potential.

Had this team signed Drummond when he was available, we’d be #1 in the East at the moment. Plumlee is great for the second unit.

We have the young Centers to develop. We need a VETERAN interior [defensive] presence and right now, just a rental though, so we can see what we’re going to do with Miles and Martin in regards to their contracts.

Don't know why you would want Drummond then.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#444 » by HornetJail » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:45 pm

bring back Noah Vonleh
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#445 » by amcoolio » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:07 pm

I would rather trade for Isaiah Stewart than wood or Turner

We need someone tough to bring physicality to this team. Wood and Turner are total softies who fold with any contact. Stewart is a good screener, great on D, a good rebounder, and can get in someone’s face. (I’ve said this before the LeBron incident)

Pistons probably wouldn’t trade him though.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,165

Post#446 » by SWedd523 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:24 pm

wasn't Turner getting DPOY mentions last year?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#447 » by fatlever » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:49 pm

Drummond doesn't fix much for this team. Sure, he is an upgrade to Mason purely on the defensive rebounding and offensive rebounding aspects. But neither players are really playable in the 4th quarter. Both guys can get schemed off the floor by a quality offense. Those guys are huge liabilities at the free-throw line in the fourth quarter. Neither player helps stretch the offense for lamelo and Terry to probe at the end of games. Teams just play a drop coverage in Sag off of mason or Drummond clogging the paint.

If we had Drummond we would still be playing the last 6 minutes of every game with our closing lineup which includes either PJ or miles at the center position.

What we really need is an upgrade to PJ, a center that is a two-way player, capable of playing in our switchable defense to end games as well as not being an anchor on the offense or a liability in any particular area.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#448 » by fatlever » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:20 pm

watching this old 2017 hornets game...2016-17 Marvin would be so good for this team right now, Better version of PJ. Organize defense, hit 3s, play small ball 5 at end of games. Another vet leader.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#449 » by Sothron » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:45 pm

I would like to see them trade for Holmes. As you can see here:

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2993370/richaun-holmes

He's close to a double double every night with starter's minutes. He can score around the rim or hit jumpers. He's not an elite rim protector but he's better than Mason. I also think he's a realistic trade target as opposed to KAT or some other franchise big man.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#450 » by fatlever » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:21 pm

why would kings trade holmes? he's been great for them and is on a fair contract. we had our chance to sign holmes and either passed or he wanted to stay.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#451 » by Bassman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:35 pm

Sothron wrote:I would like to see them trade for Holmes. As you can see here:

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2993370/richaun-holmes

He's close to a double double every night with starter's minutes. He can score around the rim or hit jumpers. He's not an elite rim protector but he's better than Mason. I also think he's a realistic trade target as opposed to KAT or some other franchise big man.

I really wanted us to go after s offseason, but either they didn’t try or didn’t succeed or he was determined to re-sign in Sac town. We had the money although we couldn’t have signed Oubre.

Now it would take a LOT to trade for him, even if the Kings decided to blow things up.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 902

Post#452 » by MugzZo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:58 pm

What would it take to get Val from the pels?
Sothron
Head Coach

Post#453 » by Sothron » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:14 pm

fatlever wrote:why would kings trade holmes? he's been great for them and is on a fair contract. we had our chance to sign holmes and either passed or he wanted to stay.

They just fired their coach and once again are not going anywhere. They have a lot of duplicate talent on that team. I can definitely see them deciding to blow it up and only hold onto Fox, Haliburton and Mitchell.
Sothron
Head Coach

Post#454 » by Sothron » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:15 pm

MugzZo wrote:What would it take to get Val from the pels?

That's another good trade possibility. They aren't going anywhere and will clearly tank the rest of the way. A center like him is just wasting his prime years there.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Post#455 » by yosemiteben » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:52 pm

SWedd523 wrote:wasn't Turner getting DPOY mentions last year?

Yes, and this year. He is an elite rim protector.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,037

Post#456 » by JDR720 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:45 pm

Turner is the only player in the league that blocks 3 shots per game and shoots 40% from 3pt.

He'd probably be a really nice fit, the issue is he doesn't help us in the rebounding department and he can't pass.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#457 » by BigSlam » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:26 pm

fatlever wrote:What we really need is (cut) a center that is a two-way player, capable of playing in our switchable defense to end games as well as not being an anchor on the offense or a liability in any particular area.

Thankfully we can head out back to the “center that is a two-way player, capable of playing in our switchable defense to end games as well as not being an anchor on the offense or a liability in any particular area” tree and shake a few of those loose for us.

Because those types of centres grow on trees.

:wink:

There might not be any centre in the entire league today who fits that category.

Maybe Davis (if you consider him a centre).
B B M F 'ers
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#458 » by amcoolio » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:03 am

Mobley would have been a dream fit. Dumb Cavs continue with the lottery luck.

Turner is an elite shot blocker, but we played them twice...does anyone think he affected the game at all? He's pretty meh everywhere else except shotblocking
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,165

Post#459 » by SWedd523 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:16 am

amcoolio wrote:Mobley would have been a dream fit. Dumb Cavs continue with the lottery luck.

Turner is an elite shot blocker, but we played them twice...does anyone think he affected the game at all? He's pretty meh everywhere else except shotblocking

Sounds like a nice target for us then, considering we have an extreme lack of rim protection but a bunch of strong rebounders everywhere else on the roster, and don't need a guy who scores 20+ because we already have a fairly clear top 4 offensive weapons on the roster.

or we can target unattainable guys who have no holes in their games and/or cost a fortune to bring in.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#460 » by Bassman » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:00 pm

SWedd523 wrote:
amcoolio wrote:Mobley would have been a dream fit. Dumb Cavs continue with the lottery luck.

Sounds like a nice target for us then, considering we have an extreme lack of rim protection but a bunch of strong rebounders everywhere else on the roster, and don't need a guy who scores 20+ because we already have a fairly clear top 4 offensive weapons on the roster.

or we can target unattainable guys who have no holes in their games and/or cost a fortune to bring in.

Agree and excellent analysis. I’ve wanted Turner but seemingly this team has no apparent interest in him now despite previous reports of same. Strong defender, blocks shots, cannot 3’s, reasonably athletic. Not a great passer but not a turnover machine. We’ve postulated the what if of dealing Gordo for Turner and Lamb. I think that helps in multiple ways. In place of Hayward we start either Oubre or Martin. Having Lamb to back up the 2 spot would be huge, given BOUK is not ready yet. Could go BIG with Turner, PJ, Myles on the front line if necessary in moments. Would still have Plum off the bench. We become a better and deeper team.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.

Return to Charlotte Hornets