Image ImageImage Image

2022 Draft Prospects Thread :Bulls get 18th pic: Poll added

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

If Bulls keep the pick, who should they select?

Jalen Williams
11%
Tari Eason
29%
Nikola Jovic
6%
Mark Williams
29%
Ochai Agbaji
2%
TyTy Washington
No votes
Ousmane Dieng
No votes
Malaki Branham
3%
EJ Liddell
13%
Jeremy Sochan
6%

Total votes: 62

ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Re: College Season and 2022 Draft Prospects Thread #1 

Post#21 » by ChettheJet » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:30 pm

Today considering how well the season has gone and how good the outlook is. if we get the PORT pick I'm looking to trade one of them to get a 2023 pick. Using both of them would be shortsighted no matter how deep or not the 2022 draft is

Look at the contract situation

Lavine is going to be resigned to a big long contract
Ball thru 2025
DeRozan and Caruso thru 2034
Vucevic thru 2023
Williams club option 2024
White and Green thru 2023
Bradley player option 2023
DJJ and Johnson UFA
Simonovic thru 2023
Dosunmo non guaranteed next year
Brown jr RFA 2022

You're going into next season wanting to get farther in the playoffs than they will this year, no matter who far they go or repeat.

If the top 6 are healthy to start next season and White Green and Bradley are here you have your core rotation in place. You don't have development time for 2 rookies maybe #16 or later on a team aiming at a title. You think about resigning DJJ and maybe Brown jr for minimum deals to fill your bench. If you're keeping Simonovic for cheap, you keep Dosunmo to keep developing. 2 rookies aren't worth having at the end of the bench.

Draft a 4-5 type with upside and trade the other pick to a team with no pick in 2022 for their 2023 pick so the Bulls spread out their rookies to Ayo, the 2022 pick, a new 2023 pick and their own 2024 pick.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,369

Post#22 » by Muzbar » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:44 pm

Man I'd love if there was a way to grab Jalen Duren, that guy looks like an absolute beast, especially defensively.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
mack2354
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#23 » by mack2354 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:10 pm

I'd love for lightning to strike twice and we could grab Kofi Cockburn in the second round. Outdated big but he has the potential to be better than Bradley at least.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#24 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:09 pm

Almost Retired wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Holmgren is going to be an awesome chess piece for somebody if he can actually shoot.

He is an intriguing prospect. Very fluid in the open court for someone so tall. But that frame scares the hell out of me. I'draft him #1 and "red-shirt" his rookie season and send him to an elite trainer who can add some functional body mass to his frame. The NBA is just too rugged for a young kid that is so thin. He's probably a one and done player, but he'd be a project for a few seasons. But if keeps his skill level while gaining 30 pounds of mass and strength he could be a real unicorn type player. He's one of those guys that could end up a superstar or end up a bust.

About where we will be picking what do you think of Drew Timme? He might still be available to us when we pick. I get that he's a little older and isn't a superstar athlete. But he has the size and skill level to play the "4" or back-up "5". He is gifted offensively around the basket. Really experienced. I think he'd he'd be a rotation player for us in year 1. He can play the "4" and maybe some "5" in certain matchups.

Holmgren is like Kristaps in the fact I watch him and I am holding my breath that his is going to break. I like what I have seen but that lankiness scares me in college and even more in the NBA. Yes he would be a project and maybe his energy and movement slows down if he bulks up, but he is interesting. Like you said he is likely a unicorn or a bust.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,374

Post#25 » by DuckIII » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:16 pm

Holmgren’s body is the same as Durant’s. I think he’ll hold up just fine. It’s not like his job is going to be banging with the big boys. I think he looks fantastic.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#26 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:31 pm

DuckIII wrote:Holmgren’s body is the same as Durant’s. I think he’ll hold up just fine. It’s not like his job is going to be banging with the big boys. I think he looks fantastic.

KD gave me heart attacks for years watching him thinking he was going to snap too LOL
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,374

Post#27 » by DuckIII » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:12 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
DuckIII wrote:Holmgren’s body is the same as Durant’s. I think he’ll hold up just fine. It’s not like his job is going to be banging with the big boys. I think he looks fantastic.

KD gave me heart attacks for years watching him thinking he was going to snap too LOL

I normally don’t get worked up over guys based on how thin they are. The question is can they gain functional sturdiness. It’s a guess ultimately but you just look at them. Some look like they can handle it, some don’t.

Durant did. Holmgren does. But you couldn’t have paid me to draft Bol Bol in either round (also because I thought he would suck, which he does).
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#28 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:18 am

DuckIII wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

I normally don’t get worked up over guys based on how thin they are. The question is can they gain functional sturdiness. It’s a guess ultimately but you just look at them. Some look like they can handle it, some don’t.

Durant did. Holmgren does. But you couldn’t have paid me to draft Bol Bol in either round (also because I thought he would suck, which he does).

I was kind of iffy about Bamba, but he looks like he will be just fine.

That said, with how Holmgren plays, I think it would be more beneficial for him to actually remain relatively slight. He will definitely need to get stronger, just as Durant did, but it would do him more harm if he bulks up too much.

But then you have someone like Giannis who is just a freak of nature.
Why so serious?
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,205

Post#29 » by fleet » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:48 am

Michael Jackson wrote:

His body may be obligatory compared to Poku’s body, but Poku has some sturdy legs. The thin guys that struggle are the guys that are thin, but on top of that are not elite athletes. The athletes find their way. As far as Durant, it seemed like he was a little quicker? Not that Holmgen is not a fluid athlete, especially for his size. My exposure to him is pretty limited though, still watching.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,725

Post#30 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:03 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Today considering how well the season has gone and how good the outlook is. if we get the PORT pick I'm looking to trade one of them to get a 2023 pick. Using both of them would be shortsighted no matter how deep or not the 2022 draft is

Look at the contract situation

Lavine is going to be resigned to a big long contract
Ball thru 2025
DeRozan and Caruso thru 2034
Vucevic thru 2023
Williams club option 2024
White and Green thru 2023
Bradley player option 2023
DJJ and Johnson UFA
Simonovic thru 2023
Dosunmo non guaranteed next year
Brown jr RFA 2022

You're going into next season wanting to get farther in the playoffs than they will this year, no matter who far they go or repeat.

If the top 6 are healthy to start next season and White Green and Bradley are here you have your core rotation in place. You don't have development time for 2 rookies maybe #16 or later on a team aiming at a title. You think about resigning DJJ and maybe Brown jr for minimum deals to fill your bench. If you're keeping Simonovic for cheap, you keep Dosunmo to keep developing. 2 rookies aren't worth having at the end of the bench.

Draft a 4-5 type with upside and trade the other pick to a team with no pick in 2022 for their 2023 pick so the Bulls spread out their rookies to Ayo, the 2022 pick, a new 2023 pick and their own 2024 pick.

This is shortsighted. 2 promising rookies are absolutely worth having at the end of the bench.

We just had a 2nd rounder in Ayo break into the rotation as a rookie.

We have several rotation spots that should be upgraded: White, Javonte Green, Bradley, and Williams

And we should have zero attachment to Simo and Troy Brown.

There is room. Our roster is not that talented.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 643

Post#31 » by Rose2Boozer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:40 pm

I'll be keeping a close eye on Keegan and Kris Murray, forwards who plays for the University of Iowa.
ROLES & HOLES
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,448

Post#32 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:58 am

Paolo Banchero is effing huge.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,348

Post#33 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:07 am

GimmeDat would normally answer this but whomever else can chime in. What is the actual NBA version of Chet Holmgren?

He obviously isnt a 5. I think Derrick Jones Jr weights more than he does. Is he going to be a SF or PF in the NBA?
The Cult of Personality
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,348

Post#34 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:08 am

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:Paolo Banchero is effing huge.

Dude is a beast. He easily is 1-2 depending on what you need. I think both players fit the new NBA.
The Cult of Personality
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,448

Post#35 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:15 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:

Dude is a beast. He easily is 1-2 depending on what you need. I think both players fit the new NBA.

I was firmly in the Holmgren camp, but after watching Banchero live… I don’t know. Can’t think of a forward who’s that big and that skilled outside of LeBron. He’s obviously nowhere near the athlete LeBron was though.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#36 » by Almost Retired » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:52 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:GimmeDat would normally answer this but whomever else can chime in. What is the actual NBA version of Chet Holmgren?

He obviously isnt a 5. I think Derrick Jones Jr weights more than he does. Is he going to be a SF or PF in the NBA?

I think he'd have to be a 3/4 depending on the matchups. The kid is fluid and understands the game. But he's going to need a few years to develop the functional strength he'll need at the next level. I don't ever see him as a "5".
Almost Retired
Rookie

Post#37 » by Almost Retired » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:54 pm

He is impressive as hell. And this might be the best Duke squad I've seen in years. They have several players that will go in the First Round next year.
Almost Retired
Rookie

Post#38 » by Almost Retired » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:01 pm

If we're going to be drafting somewhere in the 20s next spring I'm still thinking Drew Timme could be a nice addition to back up Patrick. He's got a nice all around game, and his post moves and footwork are a level. Not the greatest athlete but he's got a pretty good BBIQ, and he blends his game within the framework of Few's offense and who he's playing with. He'd be a great glue guy, and might be ready to contribute in Year 1 since he's already a Junior. If he can extend his range out to the arc I think he'd be great on our bench squad. He's a good passer too. There are other prospects with greater potential for sure. But most of them will be long gone before we draft.
Almost Retired
Rookie

Post#39 » by Almost Retired » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:02 pm

Double post error.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

College Season and 2022 Draft Prospects Thread #1 

Post#40 » by StunnerKO » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:41 pm

https://www.si.com/.amp/nba/2021/11/23/nba-mock-draft-paolo-banchero-chet-holmgren-jabari-smith

18. Bulls (from Trail Blazers): Peyton Watson, F, UCLA
Height: 6' 8" | Weight: 200 | Age: 19 | Freshman
Earning minutes on a UCLA team that returned every key player has been a bit tricky for Watson so far, but his development is key to the Bruins reaching their ceiling, and his playing time looks to be trending in the right direction. Scouts are eager to see more of him, as his combination of size, frame and ball skills generated some early lottery buzz.
Watson hasn’t shot the ball with much confidence yet and is playing catch-up defensively, so there’s a bit for him to clean up moving forward to carve out a larger role. But the upside should be there regardless, and he has more than enough going for him to warrant top 20 consideration, with lottery potential if he hits his stride. Watson’s situation is a good reminder that patience is key with a lot of freshmen this year in particular.

https://youtu.be/47fwP4PI1vo

27. Bulls: Bryce McGowens, SG, Nebraska
Height: 6' 7" | Weight: 180 | Age: 19 | Freshman
McGowens has turned in a trio of strong performances to start the season and belongs in the one-and-done conversation, although he’s still at a very early stage of his development, for better or worse. He’s been effective scoring the ball overall: he’s a streaky three-point shooter, but plays a methodical style and has terrific footwork and balance going into the paint, allowing him to stay under control, finish and draw fouls.
McGowens isn’t an elite athlete and struggles to get downhill in isolation at times, but has enough basic craft to his game to see him figuring out how to compensate. He’s not a good defender yet and has a long way to go, but his size and instincts putting the ball in the basket are uncommon, and it’s been enough to get the attention of scouts early in the season. This could go either way from here—he could inch toward the lottery or wind up returning to college—but he’s one of the more intriguing, less-heralded freshman prospects to watch at the moment.

Return to Chicago Bulls