PHI/POR/SAC - everyone you think is involved, is involved

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,496

PHI/POR/SAC - everyone you think is involved, is involved 

Post#1 » by HornetJail » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:33 pm

Assuming Portland becomes open to the idea of rebuilding by the deadline, and the Simmons situation hasn't resolved by then...

Philly trades Ben Simmons, Tyrese Maxey, Tobias Harris, 2027 1st (top 7 protection)
Philly receives Damian Lillard, Robert Covington, Buddy Hield

Philly gets their dream scenario in a Simmons trade- a current superstar. They also get nice fitting pieces around Embiid, rolling out a starting five of Lillard/Hield/Green/Covington/Embiid and still maintaining a very capable bench.

Portland trades Damian Lillard, Robert Covington
Portland receives De'Aaron Fox, Tyrese Maxey, Marvin Bagley, 2022 SAC 1st, 2027 PHI 1st

Portland goes younger, not completely blowing it up, but getting several pieces, including a potential star in Fox. Could be the start of a total blowup, but I don't think Fox/McCollum/Powell/Nance/Nurkic + Maxey 6th man is that bad.

Sacramento trades De'Aaron Fox, Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley, 2022 1st (top 7 protection)
Sacramento receives Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris

Sacramento balances out their super guard-heavy roster and gets better immediately. Simmons/Haliburton/Barnes/Harris/Holmes is a solid top 5 with a lot of scoring options, and great size.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Malapropism
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,411

Re: PHI/POR/SAC - everyone you think is involved, is involved 

Post#2 » by Malapropism » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:36 pm

This makes 0 sense for Portland.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#3 » by BullyKing » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:09 am

Malapropism wrote:This makes 0 sense for Portland.

Perhaps you could explain why so that OP can consider the feedback and incorporate it into future ideas if he agrees.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,250

Post#4 » by JRoy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:31 am

Good God that’s awful for POR.

POR gives up the best player for a pair of shrimpy guards without range and a bust along with picks only one of which might be lotto.

PHI says no takebacks and runs.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Lovetron Joe
Rookie
And1: 482

Post#5 » by Lovetron Joe » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:14 am

JRoy wrote:Good God that’s awful for POR.

POR gives up the best player for a pair of shrimpy guards without range and a bust along with picks only one of which might be lotto.

Maxey is shooting 39% from 3pt range.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,250

Post#6 » by JRoy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:31 am

Lovetron Joe wrote:
JRoy wrote:Good God that’s awful for POR.

Maxey is shooting 39% from 3pt range.

Real small sample.

I don’t like Maxey much but prefer him to Fox.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,379

Post#7 » by Myth » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:38 am

This is very weak for Portland and would require multiple more unprotected picks (none of this top 7 protected garbage with Lillard going out) plus a Lillard demand to be traded.
Phili getting a “dream scenario” is putting this lightly.
SharpyShuffle
Junior
And1: 579

Post#8 » by SharpyShuffle » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:37 am

BullyKing wrote:

Perhaps you could explain why so that OP can consider the feedback and incorporate it into future ideas if he agrees.

Seems odd for a 76ers mod to be asking for elaboration on why this is not realistic, when it is really just a new twist on the Sixers' impossible dream that everyone already knows is not realistic.

The idea of Simmons for Dame has been shot down a thousand times. This is just Simmons for Dame with extra steps, and now you have TWO teams losing value in order to help the Sixers shed bad contracts and improve massively. Do we really need to explain why this won't work for the thousand and first time, when it really just comes down to, as it always, does "Dame value big, Simmons value small".
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#9 » by BullyKing » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:44 am

SharpyShuffle wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

Seems odd for a 76ers mod to be asking for elaboration on why this is not realistic, when it is really just a new twist on the Sixers' impossible dream that everyone already knows is not realistic.

The idea of Simmons for Dame has been shot down a thousand times. This is just Simmons for Dame with extra steps, and now you have TWO teams losing value in order to help the Sixers shed bad contracts and improve massively. Do we really need to explain why this won't work for the thousand and first time, when it really just comes down to, as it always, does "Dame value big, Simmons value small".

Because I'm also a mod on this board and on this board we request posts that add to the discussion.

If you think its been said so many times why the Blazers wouldn't trade Simmons for Dame - something, checks notes, is not even being proposed here, then the fact that a Blazers fan doesn't like it doesn't need to be said either. But it's totally fine if a Blazer doesn't think it makes sense for the team - we are only asking why because the purpose of this board is to better understand other teams.

But what you are doing is backseat moderating, which is not permitted.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 1,997

Post#10 » by Village Idiot » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:05 am

Add me to the chorus of Portland fans who thinks this is horrible for Portland.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#11 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:19 am

I'll pass. I still prefer we don't move fox for Simmons straight. Adding a 1st and more for Tobias makes it an easy no for me.

This team needs to add talent around Fox.

The team you put has zero upside, and also doesn't have our pick in 2022.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,445

Post#12 » by rpa » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:19 am

Not a fan of this on the Kings end. I can get on board a Fox/Simmons swap depending on the time of day, but I'm not giving up a positive valued package for Harris.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#13 » by Mavrelous » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:48 am

I like it a lot in terms of value, but I'd try to move Fox somewhere else for assets, doesn't make sense for POR to have CJ, Maxey, Fox, Simons and Powell.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#14 » by Topofthekey » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:52 am

I'm not a Blazers fan and I still think this is bad for them

Fox is nice, but Lillard should be worth a lot more
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#15 » by Dnt hate » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:13 am

As a Sixers fan I don't want this trade to happen simply because I'm not trading Maxey. Maxey has a high ceiling, he's on a rookie contract and I don't want to give up 5 to 10 years of Maxey for 2 years of post prime Lillard
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,073

Post#16 » by tcheco » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:41 pm

Don't hate this as much as everyone else in this thread, but this could be bad for everyone lol

Portland will add 2 PG, with CJ already starting at the 2, none of the 3 is amazing at defense(correct me if I'm wrong). Losing Roco at the 4 is not great either and the depth at the position just get worse than already is

Kings go all with a reduce roster(7 good players?), adding the risk of the disgruntled star in simmons, seems a bit risky, although they do improve the talent if all works out

Sixers with Lillard is a dream, but losing Tobias(yes he is overpaid) AND maxey, and adding hield who will be trapped behind curry... Sound like that a simpler trade for simmons would help this team more(Simmons for Brogdon and Warren?)

Just my 2 cents
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#17 » by doctor him » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:58 pm

IMHO...I think the Lillard ship has sailed for the Sixers. With Maxey's development (20 games for a second year player with more than a half dozen nights as the #1 option is enough to state that this isn't a fluke), I believe that the Sixers aren't looking for a point guard.

A Simmons deal would now likely target a scoring wing (Ingram as the most likely target) to play the 3 and push Green to the bench.

You don't want to every say that a young player is off limits when you're getting back an all NBA type player, but I'm not terribly interested in moving Maxey (who is outplaying every other lead guard in the East not named Trae Young) for anyone on my side of 30 years old.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#18 » by NYG » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:50 pm

Yeah for any real shot of Lillard to be traded pre-deadline, the center-piece has to be a recent top 5 most talented player from one of the past 3 draft classes. Otherwise, they wait until the draft lotto to play out.

EDIT: Just doing a quick scan, I think I retract my original statement and change it to a top 3 player from one of the past draft classes would need to be the centerpiece.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,518

Post#19 » by Slacktard » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:33 pm

In terms of straight player value for Portland, I think the value is certainly there. In terms of those players actually FITTING both together *AND* with the team they're going to (McCollum still there) I don't think that fit is there. In terms of a back-court if flipping McCollum. I think the size is going to be a big problem although I think Maxey and Fox's 'game' work together better than Fox & Haliburton's games.

As a Sixers fan I'm not really a fan of this trade. I've seen enough development from Maxey and enough potential red flags for where Lillard's future may be going to not want to move Maxey in that deal anymore.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#20 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:18 pm

I feel like McCollum being moved needs to be apart of this trade/plan. It's peculiar that they would make this trade and keep him long-term.

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Trades and Transactions