GT: Charlotte @ Orlando - Nov 24th 7:00pm

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Re: GT: Charlotte @ Orlando - Nov 24th 7:00pm 

Post#61 » by fatlever » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:25 am

BigSlam wrote:Mrs Slam is not a basketball fan at all, but she's heard me rave on about LeMelo for a year now.

Tonight is the 1st Hornets game she has watched with me in about 3 years.

LaMelo just did that sh*t, and she slowly looks at me and with her eyebrows raised says: "That's the kid who you think is going to make the Hornets finally relevant?".

Thanks Melo. Thanks.....
That's hilarious.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#62 » by amcoolio » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:29 am

mos6142 wrote:Hayward is pathetic, 30m for this inconsistent play is just bad and he barely shows up in against the tough teams

The team didn't take Orlando seriously, between the Melo "dunk contest" dunk and Rozier saying "they made it hard on us, anyone can beat anyone" post game comments

Still waiting for the asswhipping win, we would have lost this if Anthony played, the Magic's offense was horrible 2nd half
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#63 » by BigSlam » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:38 am

mos6142 wrote:Hayward is pathetic, 30m for this inconsistent play is just bad and he barely shows up in against the tough teams

“Inconsistent play”?!?!!

What are you taking about?

He is, by far, our most consistent contributor.
B B M F 'ers
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,033

Post#64 » by JDR720 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:42 am

amcoolio wrote:

The team didn't take Orlando seriously, between the Melo "dunk contest" dunk and Rozier saying "they made it hard on us, anyone can beat anyone" post game comments

Still waiting for the asswhipping win, we would have lost this if Anthony played, the Magic's offense was horrible 2nd half

That's probably reflective of how we're constantly getting creamed in the first half. The team is young and cocky, and that isn't always a good thing.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,391

Post#65 » by Hornet Mania » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:53 am

We won the game despite 3 of our 4 best guys playing poorly. I'll take it.

Cody Martin just makes winning plays, and that was the difference.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,528

Post#66 » by HornetJail » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:50 am

y'all, we're one single game behind the #2 seed, despite one of the hardest schedules in the league... that's nutty, imagine if we had an actual center instead of a **** void in our starting five.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,245

Post#67 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:33 am

BigSlam wrote:

“Inconsistent play”?!?!!

What are you taking about?

He is, by far, our most consistent contributor.

Hayward by and large is fairly consistent, but I think to call him by far our most consistent is a bit of a reach. Melo, Rozier, Hayward and Bridges are all roughly as consistent as each other. They all have the odd bad game but mostly make positive contributions to the team.
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#68 » by MPM » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:56 pm

Watching Bamba last night reminded me how 'gettable' he's been the last few years - huge, smart floor spacer that doesn't need touches. Would be ideal for us.
MPM
Assistant Coach

Post#69 » by MPM » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:15 pm

amcoolio wrote:

100%. The vibe we gave off all game was 'we got this.' We didn't. So fun to criticize wins though.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#70 » by BigSlam » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:00 pm

MPM wrote:Watching Bamba last night reminded me how 'gettable' he's been the last few years - huge, smart floor spacer that doesn't need touches. Would be ideal for us.

How'd the team look live MPM?

Notice anything interesting off camera that we wouldn't see during the broadcast - things like who seemed to interact with who within the team, how the rookies were integrated into things, what the reactions of the bench were, the reception LaMelo received from coaches and team mates when he went to the bench after his hot dogging etc?
B B M F 'ers
MPM
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by MPM » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:11 pm

BigSlam wrote:
MPM wrote:Watching Bamba last night reminded me how 'gettable' he's been the last few years - huge, smart floor spacer that doesn't need touches. Would be ideal for us.

How'd the team look live MPM?

Notice anything interesting off camera that we wouldn't see during the broadcast - things like who seemed to interact with who within the team, how the rookies were integrated into things, what the reactions of the bench were, the reception LaMelo received from coaches and team mates when he went to the bench after his hot dogging etc?

Warmups were pretty interesting. Mason working on FT's, Oubre exclusively shooting 3's, and Gordo working on dribble jab step backs. I get a sense that the team really wants Nick to succeed. They seemed to always be in his ear.

EDIT: I was gently cajoled into drinking umpteen beers while I was explaining free throws to my 'mates' so some of the live-game nuances were, unfortunately, lost.
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#72 » by euphorbus » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:01 pm

MPM wrote:[EDIT: I was gently cajoled into drinking umpteen beers while I was explaining free throws to my 'mates' so some of the live-game nuances were, unfortunately, lost.

I can see how that might be difficult...if you are a soccer fan, it's like having a penalty kick every three minutes.
MPM
Assistant Coach

Post#73 » by MPM » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:05 pm

euphorbus wrote:
MPM wrote:[EDIT: I was gently cajoled into drinking umpteen beers while I was explaining free throws to my 'mates' so some of the live-game nuances were, unfortunately, lost.

I can see how that might be difficult...if you are a soccer fan, it's like having a penalty kick every three minutes.

Absolutely. Buddies are huge Man City supporters so just liked we're kinda blue (Magic were in City Jerseys)
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,734

Post#74 » by Diop » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:06 am

MPM wrote:I get a sense that the team really wants Nick to succeed. They seemed to always be in his ear.

I think that’s the teams plan. Groom Richards for the future

Return to Charlotte Hornets