SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Ksny13
Sophomore
And1: 132

Re: GT: Nets @ Celtics: 11/24, 730pm EST on ESPN 

Post#62 » by Ksny13 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:01 am

Harden has changed his shot and I don’t know why. His release on his step back is nothing like it use to be
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,835

Post#63 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:02 am

3pt_chucker wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Nash should have NOT matched up versus Boston's line up. LMA should be on the floor for offense.

I'm actually fine with him resting LMA's legs in a blowout. (Granted the game got close)

Yeah we won but damn. There was a stretch there that I feel like if LMA was on the floor we would have been scoring a lot easier earlier in the quarter
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#64 » by HardenGoat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:08 am

sashaturiaf wrote:We haven't looked this free flowing on offense all season.

Is it too early to say our offensive struggles has been due to Blake? We've been playing 4v5 out there at times

Griffin just needs to find his shot. Not sure what’s up with that but he is still doing some things defensively like leading in charges. Maybe he just needs a rest and reset. I have faith he will find it again.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#65 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:10 am

Well, this has been a great Thanksgiving eve. We win, the guys get to go back to home to rest and eat for two days and then the real killers come to Barclays for a Saturday night clash versus the Suns. I'm excited

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#66 » by Paradise » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:11 am

Excellent win. Always feels good beating those Boston bums.

Sole possession of 1st place and 8-2 on the road for the first time in over a decade.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#67 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:15 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Nash should have NOT matched up versus Boston's line up. LMA should be on the floor for offense.

I'm actually fine with him resting LMA's legs in a blowout. (Granted the game got close)

Yeah we won but damn. There was a stretch there that I feel like if LMA was on the floor we would have been scoring a lot easier earlier in the quarter

I hear you but I can see why Nash would want to give Millsap some mins to get back into the flow of things.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#68 » by gigantes » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:22 am

HardenGoat wrote:

Is it too early to say our offensive struggles has been due to Blake? We've been playing 4v5 out there at times

Griffin just needs to find his shot. Not sure what’s up with that but he is still doing some things defensively like leading in charges. Maybe he just needs a rest and reset. I have faith he will find it again.

Just to put things in context, Blake-baby (heh, sorry, 90's music reference) has been THE shining pinnacle of Nets individual defensive performance. By a crushing margin, in fact. (love Bruce, but he's not even close)

By various advanced stats (like RAP-BPM), Blake is roughly the 6th-most effective defensive player in the ENTIRE LEAGUE, amazingly not that far behind his Gobert-ness himself.

If he can simply recover to his career 3pt-shot (~33% IIRC), and perhaps make some minor adjustments here and there, he's on track for a hell of a damn good season, I think.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#69 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:26 am

Shout out to Steve Nash man, he has been making some solid decisions

NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#70 » by NetsWorld » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:35 am

My God, the chemistry is building and you can see it in the second half against Cleveland on Monday. Tonight was just beautiful basketball in terms of player movement, ball movement and defense. I can't wait for Harris and Brown to come back.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#71 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:56 am

Aside from a few sluggish moments here and there this was probably our best performance start to finish this entire season. Boston aren't great but they're a solid team and we gave it to them

- I think based off the results LMA has to start, while Boston aren't the biggest team this was the first game this season I felt we had the advantage in terms of interior presense. Neither Blake or Millsap are big enough to do what LMA does, and when Clax returns some tough decisions need to be made but the way I see it, we need an actual big at the 5 to unlock our full potential.

- I like Bembry but I especially like Bembry with the starters, he's disruptive as hell and offensively he at least moves the ball and makes the right decision most of the time.

- Patty Mills is reaching legendary status, It's early and I'm calling it but he's in my top 5 fav. Nets of all time already

- Cam can score, and the injuries have worked out well for his sake. He's trying on D (although still not to great effect) and showing decent restraint on the offensive end. I like the fact we are getting him real minutes this early since he could actually be someone that makes a difference in a playoff series, guy can get a bucket.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#72 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:56 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Cam will allow us to lower down Harden minutes. I think league taking notice as we speak.

Slightly. I still think we need another legit PG/ball handler if Kyrie doesn't return. We're in trouble if Harden misses any games.

Marks track record say we won't be getting one. I'm not holding my breath here. Don't get me wrong I agree with you 100%, someone like Dragic who's rotting in Toronto would've been huge help.

My idea is that our development team can groom Cam to Dinwiddie. Most thought Din was 2 and low IQ bad D player. That's pretty much why we had civil war going on here :lol:
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#73 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:58 am

gigantes wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:

Just to put things in context, Blake-baby (heh, sorry, 90's music reference) has been THE shining pinnacle of Nets individual defensive performance. By a crushing margin, in fact. (love Bruce, but he's not even close)

By various advanced stats (like RAP-BPM), Blake is roughly the 6th-most effective defensive player in the ENTIRE LEAGUE, amazingly not that far behind his Gobert-ness himself.

If he can simply recover to his career 3pt-shot (~33% IIRC), and perhaps make some minor adjustments here and there, he's on track for a hell of a damn good season, I think.

Precisely, my friend.

I know that Griffin has looked lost offensively this season, not just in shooting but in operating within the flow. That said, he's been outstanding defensively. People see him getting dunked on sometimes or not being able to block a layup, but there's way more to defense than that.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#74 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:00 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
gigantes wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:Griffin just needs to find his shot. Not sure what’s up with that but he is still doing some things defensively like leading in charges. Maybe he just needs a rest and reset. I have faith he will find it again.

Precisely, my friend.

I know that Griffin has looked lost offensively this season, not just in shooting but in operating within the flow. That said, he's been outstanding defensively. People see him getting dunked on sometimes or not being able to block a layup, but there's way more to defense than that.

Agree we need Blake to find his mojo again on offense since he's a smart player and also more importantly, our best and only Giannis defender r
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by HardenGoat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:02 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Shout out to Steve Nash man, he has been making some solid decisions

Apparently Nash has deployed 147 unique 5 player combinations so far this season. That’s twice as many as other teams even teams with as many new players as we have. It shows how broken our identity was coming into the season without Kyrie and then having the injuries to Claxton and Harris. It looks like we have found rotations that work but just as important the ones that didn’t work. Better to find out now rather than deep in the season.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#76 » by NetsWorld » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:10 am

HardenGoat wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Shout out to Steve Nash man, he has been making some solid decisions

Apparently Nash has deployed 147 unique 5 player combinations so far this season. That’s twice as many as other teams even teams with as many new players as we have. It shows how broken our identity was coming into the season without Kyrie and then having the injuries to Claxton and Harris. It looks like we have found rotations that work but just as important the ones that didn’t work. Better to find out now rather than deep in the season.

When the Nets get going and turn it up another notch, what do you do if Kyrie comes back?
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by HardenGoat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:20 am

KD35Netted wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:

When the Nets get going and turn it up another notch, what do you do if Kyrie comes back?

Kyrie would make us almost unbeatable. Carter would not be on the floor. I would keep Cam playing meaningful minutes though.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#78 » by gigantes » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:15 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:I know that Griffin has looked lost offensively this season, not just in shooting but in operating within the flow. That said, he's been outstanding defensively. People see him getting dunked on sometimes or not being able to block a layup, but there's way more to defense than that.

Yo Ecumenical-bro, do you presently have any THEORIES as to why Blake-babies' shot is sudden trash this season?

My working theory is that there's a hidden injury going on, but... heh?
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#79 » by MGrand15 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:38 am

I'm just gonna ignore the 4th. We tried to run out the clock. Boston was getting embarrassed on their home floor. It happens.

Through 3, this was easily our best game of the year. Our spacing was great. Our offense was clicking but we kept scrapping defensively. We didn't need super human KD or James today. We just kept on creating good looks for the entire roster. Loved the rotation. I think you could get away with playing Clax or Blake as the backup 5 but this felt like a good mix of offensive punch + scrappy defenders.

LMA makes a huge difference with the starters. The paint was wide open all game. He's really figured out how to get his buckets in the flow of the offense. In limited time last year, there was a tendency to post or iso him too much. Now he just makes the defense pay if they double our stars or he gets a small on him. Dude is automatic.

Love seeing Cam get some time. His stat line doesn't look great because he missed all his open 3s but he really opens things up. He's not just pounding the ball trying to shoot - he really attacks closeouts off ball movement. His defense is still bad but its only typical rookie stuff. It's not like he's completely incapable.

The ESPN heads were so salty we were stomping the Celtics. Commentary either sounded like they were at a funeral or they were complaining about foul calls :lol: They're trying to spin this narrative that were as bad as the Lakers. It's REALLY weird.

Patty is a stone cold killer BTW.
_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 563

Post#80 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:00 am

Heck, even fan un-favorite Jevon Carter managed to make himself useful, hitting 2-for-2 from beyond the arc. James Johnson has likewise found utility on the floor beyond just waving towels. And despite going 0-for-6 from three, Cam still made a case for himself as a valuable bucket-getter off the bench.

Hopefully a game or two off for Blake where he can spend hours on film review and several thousand practice shots can help him fix his 3-ball. He's always reliable as a charge-getter, and despite not being a rim protector, he even managed 3 blocks against the Magic a couple of games back. Until he finds his mojo, it'll be the next man up... And the next man (men) has (so far) managed to step up.

Return to Brooklyn Nets