Image ImageImage Image

PG: Bulls Lose to The Worst Team In the League

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,302

Re: PG: Bulls Lose to The Worst Team In the League 

Post#61 » by HoopsterJones » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:47 am

I was out at dinner and missed the game. Can anyone catch me up on how this happened?
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,204

Post#62 » by fleet » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:48 am

Caffeine and adrenaline can only last for so long. Then you crash. The Bulls have to send up the Thibs signal.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,598

Post#63 » by RastaBull » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:48 am

jacoby1us wrote:The Bulls have to be in the market for a quality PF that can stretch the floor. What would it take to get Marvin Bagley from Sac-town? I think a change of cultures would do wonders for him and the Bulls. We are too small with Green playing the middle when Vuc is out.

All true.

But also, we should be playing Bradley for 15 minutes per game. With Vuc healthy, we don't need to play small without a Center. Bradley has proven he can be a plus player and do hte small things we need him to with Vuc off the floor.
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
InsideInfo
Bench Warmer
And1: 769

Post#64 » by InsideInfo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:48 am

We need a backup big… like an actual big. Not a guy who is 6’4 and plays like a big man.

I like ayo.. as far as I am concerned we should pack bags for both Williams an Coby and find ourselves a solid rotation 4/5
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,183

Post#65 » by BloodyQ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:48 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
The last 5 games we havent played well. The loss to Blazers after being up big, squeaking by the Nuggets and Knicks andthen losing in a bad way to Pacers and Rockets. They need a wakeup call.

The team hasn't played well since going up 20 on the Blazers.

And what is up with Billy D's coaching?? It's like Jekyll and Hyde with him, one game he's good and the next he's doing some dumb ****
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,204

Post#66 » by fleet » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:49 am

HOTCARL_o wrote:Coby is so useless right now, just stick him in the G League for a month

One bad apple spoils the whole bunch, girl…
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
mmmmmbeeer
Veteran
And1: 870

Post#67 » by mmmmmbeeer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:49 am

Hero ball is back. Zach and Demar were both guilty tonight. Absolute no flow to the offense, not enough passes, not enough player movement, just straight up chucking. This is definitely NOT what we were doing on the offensive end when we were winning.

I really don't understand Green and DJJ's usage tonight. Green, while you can't deny his energy, is not a rebounder or shot blocker. He's redundant on the court. Billy completely lost me on this decision tonight.

Coby White is absolute trash on the floor if his shot isn't dropping. Bad defense, bad ball control, stupid decisions.

I literally could not believe when my favorite NBA team was called for an 8 second violation, in the year 2021, with no trap/defense in the way, at all. What. The. Hell.
ch434355
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#68 » by ch434355 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:50 am

Vucevic is trade bait. There, I said it.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#69 » by bullsnewdynasty » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:50 am

Classic case of thinking that you can mail it in, go through the motions and still beat an NBA team on the road.

And early trend that when DeRozan stinks, the Bulls usually lose.
InsideInfo
Bench Warmer

Post#70 » by InsideInfo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:50 am

HoopsterJones wrote:I was out at dinner and missed the game. Can anyone catch me up on how this happened?

We sucked. Sucked real bad. Refs sucked real bad too. We need some size.
dawhizz
Rookie
And1: 379

Post#71 » by dawhizz » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:51 am

Why can’t we just have a normal good team?
"I'd go with Tyrus Thomas at small forward." - Sam Smith
RagingBull316
Rookie
And1: 909

Post#72 » by RagingBull316 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:52 am

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:
BloodyQ wrote:I will never be over that call on Lonzo Ball...that has to be one of the worst calls in the history of the NBA

And the fact they reviewed it and still got it wrong is disturbing
This is the worst part. What is going on with this league's officiating when a call like that stands after review.

I don't want to hear how we should have played better blah blah blah. Good teams come back and beat bad teams at the end of games ALL the time. It's how we lost many games the past 4 years in the final minutes.

The Bulls were well on their way to coming back and winning until that terrible call created a 6 point swing we couldn't overcome....even though we still came close.
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Post#73 » by chifan1798 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:52 am

BloodyQ wrote:I will never be over that call on Lonzo Ball...that has to be one of the worst calls in the history of the NBA

I’m still fuming over it…it was utterly ridiculous.
mmmmmbeeer
Veteran
And1: 870

Post#74 » by mmmmmbeeer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:52 am

ch434355 wrote:Vucevic is trade bait. There, I said it.

This L wasn't on Vuc. That's just nothing more than scapegoating. Did he have a great line? No, not at all. But he wasn't responsible for the lack of the hustle, the chucking, all the turnovers, and running out small ball lineups who, somehow, were unable to cover up the 3pt line and let Houston shoot 47% from 3.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Post#75 » by DuckIII » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:53 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:I’ve seen enough of Coby. It’s one thing to be invisible on the court but it’s another to be an actively negative presence. He is just that.

I knew he would look bad and he should get better but I do not want him in the rotation right now.

For awhile, as strongly as I agreed that he should not be playing, I thought reasonable minds could differ on the issue. I don’t think that anymore. Get him off the floor until he’s ready.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 6,999

Post#76 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:53 am

ch434355 wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:O Booooo Hoooo, we're 12-7 and lost to the worst team in the NBA. Get over it lol. It's a long a season, a new team, new players, players in and out of the line-up, role still being defined etc.

Get the bad losses out of the way early, learn from them and become a better team later when it matters.

The Wizards just lost to the Pelicans by 25.

Let's not act entitled now. We have a good team and a very high ceiling.

Dissapointing but it's just a game. Let's move forward.

With the upcoming schedule, they could be barely above .500 in a couple weeks. It was looking like we could be a top 4 seed, but this is a massive buzzkill

Didn't we just go through this?? We went 8-4 in that stretch everyone was so worried about. Not only did they play well, but they were short handed and still learning to play with eachother

We'll definitely end up a top 4 seed. Too talented not to. Still have a trade deadline to improve plus the buyout market.

Not to mention, the improvement of team chemistry as the year progresses.
InsideInfo
Bench Warmer

Post#77 » by InsideInfo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:54 am

I swear this team would be a contender with a prime Taj Gibson. That’s it. That’s how close this team is to bring playoff ready.
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,183

Post#78 » by BloodyQ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:56 am

mmmmmbeeer wrote:Hero ball is back. Zach and Demar were both guilty tonight. Absolute no flow to the offense, not enough passes, not enough player movement, just straight up chucking. This is definitely NOT what we were doing on the offensive end when we were winning.

They've been doing that the whole west-coast trip. It's either Derozan ball or Lavine ball in the 4th.
ch434355
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#79 » by ch434355 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:57 am

dawhizz wrote:Why can’t we just have a normal good team?

This is like the definition of a "normal good team". They just aren't great.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#80 » by bullsnewdynasty » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:57 am

I would be perfectly fine with seeing some DNP-CD's from Coby.

I don't like it whatsoever that he steps into 15-20 minutes per game immediately after not playing for 3 months. Especially because:

a) The team was playing really well without him
b) He's never been a part of a winning product on the floor in his NBA career
c) It's screwing up rotations in that it's making the lineups on the floor REALLY small and a liability on defense

To play Coby you're losing minutes from Alize Johnson or DJJ who give you a lot more size, athleticism, and rebounding.

Return to Chicago Bulls