ImageImageImage

Game 18: Pistons (4-13) @ Bucks (10-8) - Nov. 24 8:00 PM EST

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Re: Game 18: Pistons (4-13) @ Bucks (10-8) - Nov. 24 8:00 PM EST 

Post#101 » by mattao313 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:16 am

So far just from the eye test this team is bad at shooting, scoring in the paint and cant rebound. Not to sure what it does well lol

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using RealGM mobile app
Championships
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 547

Post#102 » by guldakot » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:18 am

mattao313 wrote:So far just from the eye test this team is bad at shooting, scoring in the paint and cant rebound. Not to sure what it does well lol

From what it looks like, Wayne Ellington and Plumlee were the key to whatever offense we had last year. Solution? MOAR THREES.

I don't how many more games I can tune in for at this point, I don't care if we're losing as its a young team and we could use another high pick to put alongside Cade, but this is not good, fun or interesting basketball.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#103 » by Manocad » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:26 am

DetroitSho wrote:Silver lining you ask? That Corey Joseph leash has gotten pretty short.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Honestly I'll take that as a win.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#104 » by Manocad » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:28 am

mattao313 wrote:So far just from the eye test this team is bad at shooting, scoring in the paint and cant rebound. Not to sure what it does well lol

Yeah but it's also a young team and a team that has all of 18 games together at this point. So realistically these pains should be expected even as much as we hate them and wish they weren't there.
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer
And1: 284

Post#105 » by Pistonrings » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:29 am

At least Casey admitted to us when he was hired that he is all about 3 pointers. He pretty much said this is what he was going to do. It's just amazing that he can't see something wrong with being number 11 in attempts and being last in percentage. Surely Weaver can see this nonsense, hopefully he won't put up with it too much longer.
kpt
Senior
And1: 209

Post#106 » by kpt » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:30 am

What I saw this game is Cade seldom got the ball back to him after bringing it up the court and initiating the “offense”. That is a big problem w team offense. I am officially on the fire Casey bandwagon.
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer

Post#107 » by Pistonrings » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:41 am

kpt wrote:What I saw this game is Cade seldom got the ball back to him after bringing it up the court and initiating the “offense”. That is a big problem w team offense. I am officially on the fire Casey bandwagon.

Yep, this is one reason I say he is missing Killian and badly. Killian and Cade kept the ball moving, but CoJo just dribbles in circles and rarely gets Cade any crisp passes, and as you say, when it goes to others (Grant) ball movement stops and Cade never sees it again.

Killian and Cade get each other quality looks that CoJo just doesn't help him with. This is understandable. Cade was just getting comfortable in his game and the guys he was playing with only to have his chemistry messed with. He was just starting to get his shot percentage on the rise. Enter CoJo as his backcourt partner and the last few have been tough on him. So this is not his fault.

He'll be fine when Beef Stew and Killian both are back.
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer

Post#108 » by Pistonrings » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:47 am

kpt wrote:What I saw this game is Cade seldom got the ball back to him after bringing it up the court and initiating the “offense”. That is a big problem w team offense. I am officially on the fire Casey bandwagon.

Oh, and yep, I can't wait for Casey to be out, but unfortunately that won't happen until after next season anyway.

But, that's why I was so excited to see that obviously Weaver told Casey to play Diallo. No way Casey would have done that on his own after Diallo dissing him during that game.

This gives me hope because we now know that Weaver will interject himself in on-the-court issues and order Casey to act on something. So just because Casey doesn't get fired doesn't mean Weaver won't see the obvious stupidity of his offense and order changes to be made. That's at least something to hope for.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#109 » by bstein14 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:50 am

First game I missed all season. Just looking at the box score...

1. Why did CoJo only get 7 minutes? Is he injured?

2. Cade only takes 10 shots... He seemingly is purposefully shooting the ball less. Either someone asked him to or he knows since he isn't hitting them shooting so much is hurting the team's chances of winning.

3. Trey Lyles with his best game as a Piston.

4. Saben Lee gets 15 FG attempts which is tied with Lyles for most, wouldn't have ever guessed that would happen. A bit sub par shooting from him but 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals, and 0 TOs looks like a very solid game overall from him.

5. Team only had 8 TOs which is amazingly low for us, but Cade ended up with 4 of those.
Betarayjigs
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#110 » by Betarayjigs » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:54 am

I feel like Cade is going through some dead legs, lately his shot looks like it’s not as soft as it was earlier even when it was missing, there are more clangers
At least that should pass, otherwise he is top notch and we have the hardest thing to get. This is all worth it.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#111 » by DetroitSho » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:54 am

I'll answer 1. HE FUGGING SUCKS!

I'll leave the rest for the others.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer

Post#112 » by Pistonrings » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:58 am

bstein14 wrote:First game I missed all season. Just looking at the box score...

2. Cade only takes 10 shots... He seemingly is purposefully shooting the ball less. Either someone asked him to or he knows since he isn't hitting them shooting so much is hurting the team's chances of winning.

4. Saben Lee gets 15 FG attempts which is tied with Lyles for most, wouldn't have ever guessed that would happen. A bit sub par shooting from him but 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals, and 0 TOs looks like a very solid game overall from him.

5. Team only had 8 TOs which is amazingly low for us, but Cade ended up with 4 of those.

1, Lee finally got a chance and he did fine. I prefer him over CoJo any day.

2. Cade has not had as many quality looks without Killian. CoJo is just not a good backcourt partner for Cade. Tonight, Lee played more and took 15 shots, so just not a lot of shots to go around and I actually think Cade was trying to get Lee some shots and get him comfortable. Just as Cade has tried to setup Garza on the inside some. The guy is a natural leader and you can tell he wants to get his mates involved and he hit Saban with a few nice passes.
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer

Post#113 » by Pistonrings » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:06 am

Betarayjigs wrote:I feel like Cade is going through some dead legs, lately his shot looks like it’s not as soft as it was earlier even when it was missing, there are more clangers
At least that should pass, otherwise he is top notch and we have the hardest thing to get. This is all worth it.

Cade will be playing in his first all star game next season. We have us a young star, just have to wait for him to get comfortable. When feels the NBA as just normal ball that he is totally used to then his game will explode.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#114 » by mattao313 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:12 am

guldakot wrote:

From what it looks like, Wayne Ellington and Plumlee were the key to whatever offense we had last year. Solution? MOAR THREES.

I don't how many more games I can tune in for at this point, I don't care if we're losing as its a young team and we could use another high pick to put alongside Cade, but this is not good, fun or interesting basketball.
Yeah im fine with Ls for high draft pick sake but its not fun b-ball to watch. If Cade isn't playing well it's gets real boring as we don't have many high end prospects on the team. He's pretty much the whole reason I tune into these games.

Championships
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#115 » by whitehops » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:54 am

rough two games for the entire team, cade being no exception.

both the heat and bucks went heavy zone (bucks more so in the first half) and the pistons really struggled to get any kind of consistent offense. really having olynyk would have been huge and you can see what even lyles could do when opposing zones really focused on getting bodies up top vs. all of our DHOs.

the flip side was cade, who was almost always at the top of the key where most of the DHOs (and consequently zone defenders) happened to be. what he has done really well the last two games is make super quick decisions with his passes, which is one of the best ways to break down a zone. but otherwise he really struggled to create any offense for himself and the combination of the zones and being defended by players like jrue holiday, jimmy butler and full-time ball pressure from avery bradley has really made him struggle recently.

people better buckle up because he's gonna have many more ugly games this season. the one thing that is a clear good sign to me is that opposing teams already recognize that he commands respect and realize that good things happen for the pistons if their opponents don't actively try to slow down cade.
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer

Post#116 » by Pistonrings » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:26 am

Wow, King has an amazing take for the last 2 games in one vid. I must say I agree with everything he says. Good stuff.

JLiv
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,043

Post#117 » by JLiv » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:21 pm

1. I think Joseph came into the game on the injury report with a sprained ankle, hopefully he didn’t get benched because of that. Hopefully Casey was inspired to finally play Lee extended minutes

2. Seemed to me like the ball just wasn’t finding him. Idk why they would take the ball from him. Instead, he should be limiting the early jumpers and encouraging him to get to the rim early on in the game imo. Both Cade and Killian seem to always start off the game with multiple missed jumpers

3. Offensively but that boy be getting cooked on the other side of the ball lol. I agree with you though.

4. He started off much more efficiently, he took a few of those bad shots while the game was effectively over

5. Yup
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#118 » by El Chivo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:37 pm

Saddiq Bey is making me worry. His shooting will be back, hopefully, but his defense has not stepped up at all and even if he improved his ball handling he's not looking like a potential secondary ball handler in a good team.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#119 » by DBC10 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:20 pm

Anytime Saben plays (after his strong G-league games) over CoJo is a massive win
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#120 » by edmunder_prc » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:32 pm

El Chivo wrote:Saddiq Bey is making me worry. His shooting will be back, hopefully, but his defense has not stepped up at all and even if he improved his ball handling he's not looking like a potential secondary ball handler in a good team.

What pisses me off is how few open 3s he is taking and how few pick and rolls he plays with cade.

All last year it was open 3 after open 3. Drive and kick to Bey for 3. Where is that?

Why doesnt he try the pick and roll with Cade. Bey is wide. Go under and Cade shoots. Go over and Bey pops out for a 3 or runs to the basket.

Why isnt Bey shooting 3s? Its like we have the worst coach in the league or something.

Return to Detroit Pistons