ImageImageImage

Heat @ Timberwolves..can we do 5 in a row & back to .500?!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,221

Re: Heat @ Timberwolves..can we do 5 in a row & back to .500?! 

Post#121 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:55 am

Read on Twitter
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,944

Post#122 » by Nick K » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:57 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:
shangrila wrote:So what happened to Beverley? I came in late and he was already gone.

Lower leg injury/questionable to return. Hope it’s a bruise or mild sprain hence the questionable

Groin I hear. I hate that one. They heal usually really slow. 1 to 5 weeks usually, depending.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,383

Post#123 » by shrink » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:58 am

So is anyone else going to say “The Timberwolves!” when asked at dinner tomorrow “What are you thankful for?”
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#124 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:59 am

Nick K wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:
shangrila wrote:So what happened to Beverley? I came in late and he was already gone.

Lower leg injury/questionable to return. Hope it’s a bruise or mild sprain hence the questionable

Groin I hear. I hate that one. They heal usually really slow. 1 to 5 weeks usually, depending.

Patrick Beverly is the teams spirit animal. While he rests, the young pups will cover for him until he returns. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#125 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:01 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,178

Post#126 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:02 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:
Nick K wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Lower leg injury/questionable to return. Hope it’s a bruise or mild sprain hence the questionable

Patrick Beverly is the teams spirit animal. While he rests, the young pups will cover for him until he returns. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Jmac has stunk real bad this season though.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#127 » by theGreatRC » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:03 am

There's really a thread on the GB talking about "Maxey or Edwards" LMAO crazy..Ant is a monster and the other is Tyrese Maxey
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,285

Post#128 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:05 am

I watched this with my dad so I was watching from the DVR. I missed 40 seconds in the fourth including our 2nd to last timeout. Overall I loved the second half, and was so proud of Beasley and Ant for keeping us alive in the first half. This is the Beasley I have been waiting for all season. Ant was a little to hero mode at the end but I give him an enormous amount of credit for the win. V8 is worth his weight in gold. His rebounding is beyond essential. Dlo wasn’t great, but he wasn’t as bad as he had been.

We beat the heat, crushed the General, got to .500, and got a five game win streak. We did all of this with KAT on the bench most of the first half. We are for real.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#129 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:08 am

theGreatRC wrote:There's really a thread on the GB talking about "Maxey or Edwards" LMAO crazy..Ant is a monster and the other is Tyrese Maxey

Don't forget, Haliburton is better.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#130 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:08 am

I watched yet a bunch of this TimberTroll Late Pre Season.
I like what I've seen so far, whatever Ls or Ws.

Team is apparently building something resembling to an own personality at court, whoever the 5 guys are out there.

Dload has grown a lot on game running and defense.

KAT is putting some toughness under the rim (it was about time).

The Rapper is just being great tho I'm not seeing a special evolution in his game... not on defensive reading and decision-making.
He's overall more consistent and confident at least.

#IAlwaysTrustedVandarra

Beasley looks like he finally adjusted being a free bro again.

Other guys at the roster are doing good and helping to win.

Special shout out to El Motivao Beverly (let's all pray for his groin).
If someone put the essential ingredient to cook this reckless, scrappy and aggressive Wolves character has been him.
Probably one of the most impactful energy guy ever.

Kinda mad-dog-Tolliver.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,178

Post#131 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:11 am

theGreatRC wrote:There's really a thread on the GB talking about "Maxey or Edwards" LMAO crazy..Ant is a monster and the other is Tyrese Maxey

They are nuts, lol
Ant has better stats across the board than Gilgeus-Alexander but I bet they all will say SGA has more value and is a bigger star.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#132 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:12 am

Neeva wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:
Nick K wrote:

Yea…Need to weather the storm while DLo gets a rest.

I hope it’s not bad
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#133 » by karch34 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:24 am

This was one of the few games I thought team showed moxie that’s been missing. Edwards, Beasley, and Vando laid it all out. So many things and plays I could highlight but in short a great win.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#134 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:29 am

You know what pisses me off. The refs spotted the heat 6 points. 3 for Vando on an and 1 charge when he was stock still and no where near the restricted area. Then 3 from Ant on the poster dunk that every little boy will want on their wall. That Ant one was stolen and by god I want it back. Take the 3 away from them and they end under 100, give us our 3 and instead of winning by 12 we win by 18. Vando’s poor nuts and Ant poor dunk are something to be sore about, but not as sore as the General, for losing in front of the Wolves faithful.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,760

Post#135 » by life_saver » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:29 am

Great win despite KAT getting into foul trouble early...this was probably Wolves best rebounding performance of the season so far..Heat only had 4 offensive rebounds. Ant was great and good to see Beasley finally having a big game.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,543

Post#136 » by WolfAddict » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:29 am

So happy with that win!!!
winforlose
General Manager

Post#137 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:30 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:
Neeva wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Patrick Beverly is the teams spirit animal. While he rests, the young pups will cover for him until he returns. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Yea…Need to weather the storm while DLo gets a rest.

I hope it’s not bad

I hope so too. In the meantime the solution is Jaylen Nowell.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#138 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:32 am

My god I wish I could just give everyone an and 1 on every post since we won. My favorite win in years. The heart and grit to fight through the first half without KAT, without the whistles, my god I love this new toughness and I have so much faith in FINCH.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,468

Post#139 » by Wolveswin » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:37 am

winforlose wrote:You know what pisses me off. The refs spotted the heat 6 points. 3 for Vando on an and 1 charge when he was stock still and no where near the restricted area. Then 3 from Ant on the poster dunk that every little boy will want on their wall. That Ant one was stolen and by god I want it back. Take the 3 away from them and they end under 100, give us our 3 and instead of winning by 12 we win by 18. Vando’s poor nuts and Ant poor dunk are something to be sore about, but not as sore as the General, for losing in front of the Wolves faithful.

For all of this you need to be happy. Happy the Wolves won. They won and didn’t crawl under a rock to lose because of these wrong doings. Wolves need to adopt a more “us against the world” attitude. They need to win by 18 which becomes 12 because of the cards stacked against them.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#140 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:40 am

Wolveswin wrote:
winforlose wrote:You know what pisses me off. The refs spotted the heat 6 points. 3 for Vando on an and 1 charge when he was stock still and no where near the restricted area. Then 3 from Ant on the poster dunk that every little boy will want on their wall. That Ant one was stolen and by god I want it back. Take the 3 away from them and they end under 100, give us our 3 and instead of winning by 12 we win by 18. Vando’s poor nuts and Ant poor dunk are something to be sore about, but not as sore as the General, for losing in front of the Wolves faithful.

For all of this you need to be happy. Happy the Wolves won. They won and didn’t crawl under a rock to lose because of these wrong doings. Wolves need to adopt a more “us against the world” attitude. They need to win by 18 which becomes 12 because of the cards stacked against them.

I was doing something of a bit. I wanted to mention V8’s poor nuts, Ant’s insane dunk, and rub in that the home fans got to watch us beat the General once again. I am very very happy with this win. The icing on the cake would have been holding them under 100, but they are a top 5 offense and we held them to 101. We turned them over 21 times to our 16 and we moved past them to fourth overall by defensive rating while knocking them to 5th. I am so very happy :) :) :)

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves