CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: GT: Nets @ Celtics: 11/24, 730pm EST on ESPN 

Post#81 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:03 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Mills > Shamet as a shooter

Easily. Shamet was not reliable for a renowned shooter. I don't like what we got for Shamet but i also don't want to pay $10m for Shamets inconsistent play.

Could Shamet lead the Olympics in scoring if he had his own team? No chance

We should have just kept Saddiq Bey. Rare Marks miscue there

Bey 120%
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#82 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:06 am

Good to see Cam get some playtime
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#83 » by LOUiS-D » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:19 am

Such a poorly officiated game. Missed calls leading to make up fouls, then stretches of whistles on everything, then allowing contact at the rim. Terrible on both sides of the floor. Amazed it didn't get more physical and wind up with flagrants. That was fun house mirror reffing from wire to wire.

To be fair. If I had to ref Smart guarding Harden I would want to gouge my eyes out.

EDIT: oh yeah, forgot it's the celtics. they don't have enough heart to give a flagrant.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#84 » by Papi_swav » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:05 am

Man that was a complete a$$ whooping :lol: and I loved every second of it... except for that 17-0 run they went on. We ran them off the floor in the 3rd. It is so funny how hard the sucktics have fallen and it is soooooo satisfying. They look so lost out there idk what they're even doing. They have no plan on offense it is hilarious to watch. They had all those picks and "assets" for years and i dont know how the heck they screw that all up. Now they're fighting for the playins lol and I know those saltic fans are snooping thru here like they always do, and I'm here to say EAT IT ! You guys were puffing your chest out trolling us for years and now look at you :lol: :lol: :lol: never forget.

Ok I had to get that off my chest, back to the game. LMA is the new starting center. The offense flows way better with him rather than Blake and we get to start the games off hot. I know it's lethal to have LMA coming off the bench but it's just a better fit right now. Blake looks flat, he should rest for the next couple games. LMA can hit all the shots Blake can't and is a better rebounder and gives us more size.

Bembry is playing like bruce brown never left. I think Bruce is rubbing off on Bembry. learning how to pick his spots when to cut, going hard on the boards and being at the right place at the right time. I loved when Bembry and Smart went at it and Bembry locked them up after lol. Another nice find by marks.

Cam is definitely no Marshon Brooks. He is an NBA player for sure. I know it's small sample but once I seen that he can play some pretty good defense, he has a future in the NBA. I thought Cam was really only a scorer but he's shown he can do more. But even his scoring has been efficient and timely, he looks like a pro out there with some of his moves. I'm excited about this kid, we all should be. And he's fitting in nicely with KD/harden on the floor.

Lets keep getting these W's.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#85 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:13 am

gigantes wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:I know that Griffin has looked lost offensively this season, not just in shooting but in operating within the flow. That said, he's been outstanding defensively. People see him getting dunked on sometimes or not being able to block a layup, but there's way more to defense than that.

Yo Ecumenical-bro, do you presently have any THEORIES as to why Blake-babies' shot is sudden trash this season?

My working theory is that there's a hidden injury going on, but... heh?

Ha, nice! I never thought about how my username ties in to ecumenical, but I'm down for the comparison! 8-)

Yeah, a mixture of repetitive stress injury and increased defensive attention is my uneducated guess on Griffin. Nagging injuries are bound to crop up when you physically bang with bigger, stronger players for 28 minutes every game. And Blake was never a paragon of health. Without Kyrie or anyone with his skill set to really carve a set defense and force weakside help, Blake is hoisting more contested shots, and he's either hurrying his release or slowing his pump fake for waaaay too long. He had always had a late release (on the way down from the apex of his jump), but now he's adding a bunch of unnecessary hiccups. Basically, he's lost confidence, and opponents know his tendencies.

Give him a week of rest (no games, all DNP-CD) to restore his body, then have him train with Korver. He'll be fine in time.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#86 » by MGrand15 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:28 am

LOUiS-D wrote:Such a poorly officiated game. Missed calls leading to make up fouls, then stretches of whistles on everything, then allowing contact at the rim. Terrible on both sides of the floor. Amazed it didn't get more physical and wind up with flagrants. That was fun house mirror reffing from wire to wire.

To be fair. If I had to ref Smart guarding Harden I would want to gouge my eyes out.

EDIT: oh yeah, forgot it's the celtics. they don't have enough heart to give a flagrant.

Refs deserve a raise for not falling for Smart's flopping and actually calling him for a foul when he tried that BS :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,862

Post#87 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:42 am

KD35Netted wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Shout out to Steve Nash man, he has been making some solid decisions

Apparently Nash has deployed 147 unique 5 player combinations so far this season. That’s twice as many as other teams even teams with as many new players as we have. It shows how broken our identity was coming into the season without Kyrie and then having the injuries to Claxton and Harris. It looks like we have found rotations that work but just as important the ones that didn’t work. Better to find out now rather than deep in the season.

When the Nets get going and turn it up another notch, what do you do if Kyrie comes back?

laugh for a good 30 mins and sit back and watch the Nets steamroll their way to the NBA finals.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#88 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:52 am

Another awesome win.

I have been very critical of Nash. But at least he learns. Finally playing Cam and giving Aldridge more minutes.

Should have called a timeout during that 17-0 run though.

People forget about our injuries too. We have two starters out right now. Claxton and Harris are two our best players.

I'm still annoyed at the Harden thing. How long will it take to get back to normal? He just doesn't show consistency in his play.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#89 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:53 am

Were clearly the best team in the East.

Everyone keeps claiming we haven't looked great. Well who has?

The Bucks had a horrible start. The Heat have been up and down. At least we have been consistent.

Forget it if Kyrie is back. Its over.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#90 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:46 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

We definitely got something in this kid. KD and Harden definitely seeing something too. I'm actually exited to watch Nets games again :rock:
HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Post#91 » by HardenGoat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:20 pm

I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought about being thankful for was the Nets kicking ### last night and our number one record in the east. Is there something wrong with me?
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 645

Post#92 » by NetsJets » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:42 pm

Good overall game but these scoring lapses has to stop. Thank goodness we had a 29 point lead or else this would’ve been a loss.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#93 » by Sharcm1 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:52 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Were clearly the best team in the East.

The Bucks had a horrible start. The Heat have been up and down. At least we have been consistent.

They are correct. The nets haven’t looked great but imagine when they do. If they are top in the East looking horrible I’m fine with that. They will work out the kinks
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#94 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#95 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:28 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:

They are correct. The nets haven’t looked great but imagine when they do. If they are top in the East looking horrible I’m fine with that. They will work out the kinks

They want to cover up the flaws of the Bucks and Heat. Who theyre acting like have gotten off to some great start.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#96 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:45 pm

I've been waiting for over a week, for national media critics to change course on their Nets hot takes. They haven't. They want so BADLY for us to fall on our faces, they want our improved defense to be smoke and mirrors, they want KD to be brittle and JH to be out of shape, despite being among the league leaders in minutes played. They want the new officiating to take us out, none of it has.

If they never come around, I'll be fine. But it'll be so sweet when they run out of excuses, and have no response except to give Brooklyn its due praise. 1st place, baby!!!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,757

Post#97 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:21 pm

I still have the Bucks and maybe Miami ahead of us, the Bucks have been dominant this season when their big 3 play and both these teams beat us fairly handedly.

We are making strides, but I won't be calling us the best team anywhere until we show we can even put up a decent fight against a contender.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#98 » by gigantes » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:39 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:Yeah, a mixture of repetitive stress injury and increased defensive attention is my uneducated guess on Griffin. Nagging injuries are bound to crop up when you physically bang with bigger, stronger players for 28 minutes every game. And Blake was never a paragon of health. Without Kyrie or anyone with his skill set to really carve a set defense and force weakside help, Blake is hoisting more contested shots, and he's either hurrying his release or slowing his pump fake for waaaay too long. He had always had a late release (on the way down from the apex of his jump), but now he's adding a bunch of unnecessary hiccups. Basically, he's lost confidence, and opponents know his tendencies.

Give him a week of rest (no games, all DNP-CD) to restore his body, then have him train with Korver. He'll be fine in time.

Love the analysis and optimism, and it also makes a lot of sense to me. I'll have to take a closer look at his shot mechanics on YT.

Hah! Just accidentally found this one. Lordy-Lord, that's some sweetness:
[center][/center]

ecuhus1981 wrote:I've been waiting for over a week, for national media critics to change course on their Nets hot takes. They haven't. They want so BADLY for us to fall on our faces, they want our improved defense to be smoke and mirrors, they want KD to be brittle and JH to be out of shape, despite being among the league leaders in minutes played. They want the new officiating to take us out, none of it has.

If they never come around, I'll be fine. But it'll be so sweet when they run out of excuses, and have no response except to give Brooklyn its due praise. 1st place, baby!!!

Other than pandering to various mobs, at this point I'd be ashamed to be a national-level talking head dogging the Nets.

It's like years and years of enduring the Nets running out terrible teams with little hope for the future means nothing to these people. Years of Sean Marks carefully resurrecting the Nets future like some kind of dang ol' miracle worker, wonderfully setting the table for top free agents to sign up, means nothing. The heartbreak of the Nets arguably being the best team last season, only to be brought down by Beard's injury and Giannis (arguably deliberately) taking out Kyrie, leaving KD to try to drag to the team forward by himself... that also means nothing.

It's the ESPN principle, I guess. All character, no soul.

* With "character" probably deserving a hefty share of quotation marks.
_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 560

Post#99 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:46 am

Not one game with Kyrie, hardly any with Claxton, a handful (maybe more) missed games from Joe & Bruce, a badly misfiring Blake, a frustratingly inconsistent Harden, and the usual gripes with Steve Nash's early season coaching... Yet the Nets still managed to rise to #1 in the East.

I'd say that's something for us Nets fans to be thankful about. :wink: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :beer:
_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 560

Post#100 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:01 am

Oh, and Blake needs to take advantage of any down time to do more of these:

Return to Brooklyn Nets