ImageImageImageImageImage

It's official on Scottie Barnes 3 point shot

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,646

It's official on Scottie Barnes 3 point shot 

Post#1 » by Vampirate » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:33 am

It took Scottie Barnes the first 17 games in his career (one the worst 3 point shooters in the draft, it's still a weakness) to make 5 threes while Ben Simmons took 4 seasons to do the same.

Keep in mind this graph isn't upgraded with todays game, Scottie is 5/19 from 3 point range, a .263% shooting percentage.

This should really cement it home to everyone to stay away from Simmons, there's no excuse for Ben honestly.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,816

Re: It's official on Scottie Barnes 3 point shot 

Post#2 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:53 am

I swear it felt like he made a 2nd 3 today. I thought his foot was clearly behind the line on that shot.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#3 » by johanliebert » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:56 am

What is your point exactly?
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,109

Post#4 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:56 am

Tor_Raps wrote:I swear it felt like he made a 2nd 3 today. I thought his foot was clearly behind the line on that shot.

It was the longest possible 2
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,646

Post#5 » by Vampirate » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:58 am

johanliebert wrote:What is your point exactly?

Don't touch Ben Simmons with a 10 foot pole basically (trade wise).

I don't want that guy anywhere on the Raptors.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,524

Post#6 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:12 am

Precious 3 ball is coming on even faster
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#7 » by Chandan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:30 am

WaltFrazier wrote:Precious 3 ball is coming on even faster

precious is the anti-simmons when it comes to launching it. I dont think there's a shot he doesn't like.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,888

Post#8 » by Reeko » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:50 am

This is a thread about Simmons that is being disguised as a thread about Barnes. Interesting.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Hansari
Rookie
And1: 1,155

Post#9 » by Hansari » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:12 am

After a few otherwise difficult games, Scottie continues to show why his ceiling is so very excitingly high
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#10 » by Boogie! » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:57 am

Idk why Simmons needs to keep getting bashed. He has absolutely no shot but still manages to put up decent scoring numbers. That means all of his other skills are pretty elite. Just play him at center and his shot becomes moot.

I mean we get it about Simmons it's fun to **** on him but even without a shot he's a really good player.

The only thing that worries me about him is his mentality. I guess you could link that to his inability to shoot as well, but he just seems to have the yips.

I wonder what would have happened to the sixers in an alternate reality had they beat our kawhi raptors.

That teamxwas pretty stacked in its own right. Simmons butler Redick Harris embiid.

Could've won the championship that year.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Appostis
Veteran
And1: 2,202

Post#11 » by Appostis » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:25 am

#samplesize

Good to see the potential though.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#12 » by Rapsalot » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:17 am

Time will tell there are people that got way better from 3 over years. Jason Kidd Jose C. Ect and then others that never really got it DD.
Let him work on it over next couple years and we will see. OG way better now than when he started.
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,466

Post#13 » by Jcity08 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:21 am

Shooting 3s is the least of my issues with Simmons, I dont like his personality, mentality. We dont need that on this team or his contract.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#14 » by Chandan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:49 am

Jcity08 wrote:Shooting 3s is the least of my issues with Simmons, I dont like his personality, mentality. We dont need that on this team or his contract.

Couldnt care less about his personality. Hes fun and an easy target to poke fun at, but the end of the day if he can produce on court thats 90% that matters.

Turns out kawhi isn't an angel either and we were willing to give him the key to the city.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#15 » by Mikistan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:44 pm

Chandan wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:Shooting 3s is the least of my issues with Simmons, I dont like his personality, mentality. We dont need that on this team or his contract.

Couldnt care less about his personality. Hes fun and an easy target to poke fun at, but the end of the day if he can produce on court thats 90% that matters.

Turns out kawhi isn't an angel either and we were willing to give him the key to the city.

Kawhi was mad at the spurs for mishandling his chronic injury and because they didn't treat him like the superstar he is.

Simmons is mad because his team called him out...
FTW
Bench Warmer
And1: 530

Post#16 » by FTW » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:58 pm

Boogie! wrote:Idk why Simmons needs to keep getting bashed. He has absolutely no shot but still manages to put up decent scoring numbers. That means all of his other skills are pretty elite. Just play him at center and his shot becomes moot.

I mean we get it about Simmons it's fun to **** on him but even without a shot he's a really good player.

The only thing that worries me about him is his mentality. I guess you could link that to his inability to shoot as well, but he just seems to have the yips.

I wonder what would have happened to the sixers in an alternate reality had they beat our kawhi raptors.

That teamxwas pretty stacked in its own right. Simmons butler Redick Harris embiid.

Could've won the championship that year.

It still remains to be seen, but evidence seems to suggest he’s not a great defender guarding centre…elite everywhere else, but he’s not Draymond-like defending Cs. Unless you have a PF that can really guard Cs and you constantly switch that matchup, playing him at C creates weaknesses. (Also I don’t know what would happen if he ever played C against Embiid….I think someone would die lol.)

That’s really the problem with Ben—he’s elite at some things but has such a gaping hole in one specific important area that it feels like you need a hyper-designed team to accommodate him. Combine that with the attitude/mentality issues and no thanks.
YogiStewart wrote:no IKEA bed can take 7 years of sexytimes. don't think it could even take 7 years of handytimes.
bbalnation
Sixth Man
And1: 954

Post#17 » by bbalnation » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:16 pm

The title interested me: a topic about Barnes' three point shot. Perhaps some new insight.

*click*

Ben Simmons facts & screenshotted stats.

This is no longer an interesting thread to me.
blastttOFF
General Manager
And1: 8,803

Post#18 » by blastttOFF » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:53 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:I swear it felt like he made a 2nd 3 today. I thought his foot was clearly behind the line on that shot.

It was the longest possible 2

That was the Demar De3 foot on the line special.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,524

Post#19 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:55 pm

Reeko wrote:This is a thread about Simmons that is being disguised as a thread about Barnes. Interesting.

Yes and there is a thread for Simmons already, which makes sense until he gets moved.

Meanwhile all the posts in the world on realgm saying, no we don't want Simmons, mean nothing. The FO either will or won't acquire him regardless of any threads here
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#20 » by Psubs » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:15 pm

Appostis wrote:#samplesize

Good to see the potential though.

He looks like Al Horford out there shooting 3's ALREADY in his rookie season. Horford didn't develop it until late 20's as the league hadn't evolved yet.

Return to Toronto Raptors