Image ImageImage Image

PG: Bulls Lose to The Worst Team In the League

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Re: PG: Bulls Lose to The Worst Team In the League 

Post#101 » by donaldtrump_00 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:05 am

chifan1798 wrote:I’m still infuriated by that offensive foul on Zo though. I mean, WTF? Zo landed in his own **** space, and didn’t kick out his leg. Someone please explain to me, how the hell that is a foul on Lonzo? That has to be the worst call that I have ever seen

To make it worse,they didn't show the replay but 2 times. They oddly shut it off air to hide there cheating. We not stupid. Any other time they show these over and over to see if there's any case they were wrong. I honestly didn't see it because they refused to show the viewers at home. From the little I did see it looks like a simple 3 and carry on type play. There wasn't a kickout of his foot. That's another game stolen like the Portland game. Blatant ref screwing. Does anyone have a video on it? And they kinda earned this loss.

I seen Zach was scoring at will against them. He took his foot off the gas. He allowed them to get back. He threw his usual stupid ass passes that he shouldn't be doing with lonzo here.if he's not attacking I have no faith in his playmaking ability.

He allows bad or good teams to capitalize and get back in the game. Lonzo was hot but turned down a few open 3s himself. Vuc isn't a strictly pick and pop player. You wonder He sucks at it. He's a post up player period who becomes a great pick and pop player after he's found his touch.

No excuse. They lost. Refs just made it more competitive and they tried to make a late run. Bottomline Zach was hot and tried to get his friends going. Not a winners mentality. Yes I hope you read this. Get your head out your rear end. Take control of this team. This was his night to get 45.
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,183

Post#102 » by BloodyQ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:12 am

kodo wrote:
The Force. wrote:Seems like teams are figuring out how to defend the Bulls. Basically throw hard traps at Zach and DD playing 3-2 zone, forcing our role players to make plays. If they’re hot it’s not very effective, but when the shots don’t fall our offense devolves into a brick fest. Couple that with Vuc and Coby’s awful play and you effectively have a bottom 5 offense.

The offense wasn't really what caused the loss, overall it still ended up fine. 46% FG, 43% 3P shooting.

Teams have figured out how to beat the Bulls and it's even simpler than that, just attack our "bigs." Sengun is a fringe NBA player and he went straight at whoever was guarding him 1 on 1 and scored or assisted a 3 virtually every time he ran a play. All 3 of their bigs Wood, Sengun, and House destroyed the Bulls. Sengun & House were +7 and +9 off the bench.

If only the Bulls had an All-Star center who can go back at them......

Just don't get Billy D's coaching scheme at times.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,872

Post#103 » by Wingy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:26 am

From a guy who really hopes to see Coby traded for a frontcourt player, all the Coby blaming is just plain stupid group think based on nothing for this particular game. WTF board? He had one bad three attempt early in the 4th, otherwise what did he do so egregiously wrong that there are about a half dozen posts within the first 2 pages? That after being lambasted for not being aggressive. Gotta have a scapegoat I guess.

problems I saw in no particular order:
- Vuc while welcome and solid on offense got scorched on the other end.
- Billy didn’t have the team prepared. Fell in love with being ultra small. Like...this is one of the only teams we can punish with our centers’ size, and yet he staples Bradley to the pine.
- Jalen Green got hurt. I believe in the kid being a really good player in the league, but right now, if he didn’t get hurt...I bet he chucks up lots of rookie shots and has lots of rookie mistakes that we use to win.
- Houston isn’t as bad as their record as noted by our broadcast. 11 road games. Taking Lakers, and Nugs to the wire. HAAA!!....and remember when our fans were laughing that the Knicks struggled with them?!?!?
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,008

Post#104 » by MrSparkle » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:30 am

I dunno; offense imo has been a problem since day 1. You need more than 2 threats on any given night. When 3-4 fellas sync up, it’s great. Has been a rare sight. Coby, Demar, Lonzo and Vuc bricking open shots is plain murder. Tonight Lonzo was on fire. The other 3 were building brick homes.

Coby and Vuc’s defense was plainly disastrous today. Might’ve helped HOU catch fire. But once they did, some irrational shots were dropping for sure, from the worst team in the league.

I do get the sense there’s schedule and injury fatigue. Bulls blitzed hard from the pre-season… lost Pat, then Vuc… expediting Coby’s return… Javonte’s ankle and Caruso’s wrist are hurt… we’re a month in. Let’s be honest, we weren’t gonna get 110% every night for 5 weeks straight.

I think they need a mental recalibration, some rest and a home stretch. We’re still not even a 1/4 into the season yet. We’ve seen the squad at its best and a few times at its worst. Tonight seemed like a notably lackadaisical effort, almost uncharacteristic, but it wouldn’t worry me unless it became a long trend with bad body language. I have a hard time seeing Caruso, Derozan and Zach let it get to that point.

Vuc/Coby’s offense and defense was dog****, but again just willing to allow 10 more games or so to pass judgement.

Also we’re getting more experimental with rotations, trying to throw Coby in. The ultra small thing doesn’t work with him; he basically needs to play with Vuc, which is also the worst defensive pair on the team.

This said, I will be pissed if Vuc lays a complete egg against Wendell and Orlando.
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,183

Post#105 » by BloodyQ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:39 am

MrSparkle wrote:
This said, I will be pissed if Vuc lays a complete egg against Wendell and Orlando.

That's guaranteed at this point. When was the last time Vuc, Lavine, Demar and Lonzo all had good games at the same time?
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,872

Post#106 » by Wingy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:21 am

Coincidentally, the Wiz lost to that bad Pelicans squad, and the unstoppable Miami Heat lost to The Mighty Timberwolves.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#107 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:48 am

Oh well, another terrible game where the wheels fell off. We were outscored 27-9 from the 6 minute mark to the 3nd of the qtr. Apart from that the lazy, sluggish effort was on display on quite a few possessions.
Most annoying was just completely giving up on defensive rotations. Guys who were supposed to pick up the shooter on the perimeter just stayed in the paint on vacation. No effort whatsoever and if I had to guess the Rockets probably made 4-5 uncontested 3's.
That was the difference as was going iSO again on multiple possesions. On to the next one. As another poster said better to get your butt whipped early and learn no game is "Free Lunch".
The 6ft Hurdle
Lead Assistant
And1: 493

Post#108 » by The 6ft Hurdle » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:54 am

So here is what I observed in the 3rd: Rockets had a lot of open 3s and before you knew it they took the lead. I felt that once they had taken the lead with the barrage of 3s, there was no way we were creeping back in. Demar was trying to beat them with his midrange game and was tunnel visioning. There was some fight as emobdied in Caruso for he 4th quarter, but I felt that team didn't have enough buoyancy to withstand all those 3s.
TLDR: Current Pulse Readings (9/2/22)
Bulls: :pray:
UCLA Basketball: :dontknow:
UCLA Football: Chip Kelly magic time
Cubs: Uh, 2016
Blackhawks: Uh, 2015
Bears: Poor Justin Fields
FC Barcelona: Economic levers :dontknow: :cheesygrin:
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#109 » by bullsnewdynasty » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:57 am

I think we need to have more of a discussion on Vucevic.

Because for all of the talk about LaVine and DeRozan, Vucevic has proven to be by FAR the most prototypical example of a bumslaying, empty stats guy who provides zero rim protection.

To get outplayed by a rookie and a lazy Christian Wood is pretty sad. Especially given the fact that we gave up a boatload to get this guy, to see his impact last year and this year, I just have not been very impressed.

Sometimes I wonder what this team would look like with a rim running center and a highly versatile, floor stretching PF.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#110 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:33 am

bullsnewdynasty wrote:I think we need to have more of a discussion on Vucevic.

Because for all of the talk about LaVine and DeRozan, Vucevic has proven to be by FAR the most prototypical example of a bumslaying, empty stats guy who provides zero rim protection.

To get outplayed by a rookie and a lazy Christian Wood is pretty sad. Especially given the fact that we gave up a boatload to get this guy, to see his impact last year and this year, I just have not been very impressed.

Sometimes I wonder what this team would look like with a rim running center and a highly versatile, floor stretching PF.

You will see that in a year or two. I doubt Vuc is here past his current contract based what I’m seeing right now.
HOTCARL_o
Sixth Man
And1: 155

Post#111 » by HOTCARL_o » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:50 am

Wingy wrote:From a guy who really hopes to see Coby traded for a frontcourt player, all the Coby blaming is just plain stupid group think based on nothing for this particular game. WTF board? He had one bad three attempt early in the 4th, otherwise what did he do so egregiously wrong that there are about a half dozen posts within the first 2 pages? That after being lambasted for not being aggressive. Gotta have a scapegoat I guess.

problems I saw in no particular order:
- Vuc while welcome and solid on offense got scorched on the other end.
- Billy didn’t have the team prepared. Fell in love with being ultra small. Like...this is one of the only teams we can punish with our centers’ size, and yet he staples Bradley to the pine.
- Jalen Green got hurt. I believe in the kid being a really good player in the league, but right now, if he didn’t get hurt...I bet he chucks up lots of rookie shots and has lots of rookie mistakes that we use to win.
- Houston isn’t as bad as their record as noted by our broadcast. 11 road games. Taking Lakers, and Nugs to the wire. HAAA!!....and remember when our fans were laughing that the Knicks struggled with them?!?!?

I think we have this game if Jalen Green didn’t get hurt, we probably wouldn’t be seeing Daniel House most of this game. Like you said Green chucks up a lot of shots hit or miss.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#112 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:41 am

Mirotek wrote:Billy Donovan talking about players not being "internally motivated" to play games. Wonder who he's talking about

I don’t think it was a shot at anyone. It’s just his observation from being a former pro himself and now coach.

He has coached multiple MVP candidates Durant, Westbrook, and Paul George as well.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Devinpo
Junior
And1: 189

Post#113 » by Devinpo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:48 am

Why is it we can never have a good win streak? Kinda sad we can’t even win 5 in a row.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#114 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:57 am

I expected this loss.. Eventually Rockets bad slump had to end and we were great candidates.

Crazy dumbass refs call on Lonzo
Bad attitude by some players, especially in 3rd Q
Billy's weird rotations and subs AGAIN
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#115 » by BullChit » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:14 am

The Heat lost to the Timberwolves
The Wizards lost to the Pelicans
OKC pushed the Jazz in a close one
Portland lost to the awful and lowly Kings...

Sometimes bad teams put in effort.

Tonight Houston hit a lot of their shots (my phone kept auto correcting shots to **** which seemed appropriate) and kept responding to our runs.

Bulls need to not bye into their own hype and always play hard. Their defensive playstyle is effective only with effort and tonight they had none outside of that run in the 4th.

I will say though while the overall loss is on the team and the coach for some really awful line up decisions. That call on Lonzo was the definition of a momentum stopper and the reason we lost it in the 4th.

Had that call been overruled we would have broken the Rockets spirit and run away with the game, but it still would have been an awful awful victory. Maybe the basketball gods were teaching the Bulls a lesson that they didn't deserve to only play 6 possessions of good defence and win this game.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#116 » by Just_Bullz » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:30 am

Take a deep breadth, was expecting a massacre of the rockets but was proven wrong. They have to break their duck sooner or later.

This shows that we are still a few season away from having an elite mindset. We are not a bad team but not near a great team as of yet with such mental lapses.

On to the next, would love to see the Bamba and Vuc match up. The former is a RFA, maybe someone we can target next season?
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#117 » by erlim » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:14 pm

Definitely making the Nick Friedels of the world look like they have a 200 IQ.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,830

Post#118 » by bledredwine » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:23 pm

JordansBulls wrote:Cheer up!. We lost to the worst in the conference in 1992 as well with the best record in the league with peak MJ on the squad.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199203210CHI.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/index.cgi?month=3&day=21&year=1992

I came in to basically say this.

Every team has duds. We’ve played great for the vast majority of our games so I’m sticking to that until we have a consistent streak of poor performances.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Post#119 » by Ice Man » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:20 pm

For the first time since Vuc joined the Bulls, he gave me Boozer memories last night. The 45% TS% pick-and-pop shot that leads to inefficient volume scoring, unimpressive near the rim despite being big and strong, stat-padding defensive rebounds, ole defense. Shudder. Well, perhaps better on Friday.
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 438

Post#120 » by greenwing » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:21 pm

Bulls should complain to the league about the fake Lonzo offensive foul. That was the game right there. Easily one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen in an NBA game. Not the worst but it’s definitely up there.

Return to Chicago Bulls