ImageImageImage

Heat @ Timberwolves..can we do 5 in a row & back to .500?!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,772

Re: Heat @ Timberwolves..can we do 5 in a row & back to .500?! 

Post#141 » by life_saver » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:48 am

Wolves currently have the 4th best defensive rating despite being the worst rebounding team in the league. They are top4 in both steas & blocks

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/defense/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#142 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:59 am

life_saver wrote:Wolves currently have the 4th best defensive rating despite being the worst rebounding team in the league. They are top4 in both steas & blocks

David Vanterpool is rolling over in his grave.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,297

Post#143 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:02 am

Calinks wrote:
life_saver wrote:Wolves currently have the 4th best defensive rating despite being the worst rebounding team in the league. They are top4 in both steas & blocks

David Vanterpool is rolling over in his grave.

Ryan Saunders is asking God why he couldn’t have had Patrick Beverly.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#144 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:06 am

It was kind of a hidden play. I watched the Miami stream and they didn’t replay it. Vanderbilt saved a ball in the 3rd or 4th. The ball looked like it was off towns and vandys long ass arms whirled around and saved the ball while in mid air and led to a MN fast break. This dudes the ultimate hard hat lunch pale. Maybe the best since Trenton hassel?
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#145 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:06 am

Some of these players almost seem like they “like” to play defense now … if we can split these next 2 games on the road we’ll be 7-3 the last 10 games. That’s a nice trend.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#146 » by King Malta » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:16 am

Tell you what, if KAT got half the love from the refs than Bam does, he'd basically be all NBA. It's atrocious.

Buuuut, we won, so who cares :wink:

Absolutely ripper performance. I really have no idea how to feel about this team's prosepcts for the season, but my god we're fun to watch, and there's some super likable characters in the squad. Vando, Ant, KAT and Beas were monstrous tonight. DLo stepped up when it counted too.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#147 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:24 am

King Malta wrote:Tell you what, if KAT got half the love from the refs than Bam does, he'd basically be all NBA. It's atrocious.

Absolutely ripper performance. I really have no idea how to feel about this team's prosepcts for the season, but my god we're fun to watch, and there's some super likable characters in the squad. Vando, Ant, KAT and Beas were monstrous tonight. DLo stepped up when it counted too.

I still cannot get over Vando having 7 offensive rebounds compared to the entire Heat team having 4. I was watching Miami’s post game coverage and they said we took 19 more shots then them, scored 8 more points on second chance and 10 more points off turnovers. Without V8 I don’t think we are even in this game much less winning by double digits. To make it even sweeter KAT really struggled on offense and Beasley picked up his slack. If this Beasley was consistent we might never lose again.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Heat @ Timberwolves..can we do 5 in a row & back to .500?! 

Post#148 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:35 am

winforlose wrote:
King Malta wrote:Tell you what, if KAT got half the love from the refs than Bam does, he'd basically be all NBA. It's atrocious.

I still cannot get over Vando having 7 offensive rebounds compared to the entire Heat team having 4. I was watching Miami’s post game coverage and they said we took 19 more shots then them, scored 8 more points on second chance and 10 more points off turnovers. Without V8 I don’t think we are even in this game much less winning by double digits. To make it even sweeter KAT really struggled on offense and Beasley picked up his slack. If this Beasley was consistent we might never lose again.

Beas was great. And he needs to cast them…but I wasn’t a fan of his 2nd qtr. we lost probably 5 possessions to his chucking and Miami was able to build a 10 pt lead. I wish he’d cut his trigger happiness(no pun) if they’re not dropping. If he’s on fire then obviously let them fly. He’s that type of shooter…but he doesn’t need to follow up 3 straight misses with 2 more misses. Drive to try and get a better shot or pass it and try again in bit. We shot and missed wayyyy too many 3s in the second
winforlose
General Manager

Post#149 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:03 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Beas was great. And he needs to cast them…but I wasn’t a fan of his 2nd qtr. we lost probably 5 possessions to his chucking and Miami was able to build a 10 pt lead. I wish he’d cut his trigger happiness(no pun) if they’re not dropping. If he’s on fire then obviously let them fly. He’s that type of shooter…but he doesn’t need to follow up 3 straight misses with 2 more misses. Drive to try and get a better shot or pass it and try again in bit. We shot and missed wayyyy too many 3s in the second

I have said it before in other threads and I want to say it again here because it cannot be said enough. The difference between a good shot and chucking isn’t in volume but rather in the circumstance and timing of the shot. Any shot early in the clock without ball movement is suspect. Now if they leave you unguarded or if you exploit a transition opportunity so be it. But in general good ball movement leads to better shots. There is also a difference between pull ups, spot ups, catch and shoots, ect… I agree that when anyone pulls the trigger without passing unless they have the hot hand the shot was a mistake. It is a win for the defense and possibly a transition opportunity. Not to mention it cools down and disengages the rest of the team. That said, Basketball is a game of confidence and some nights you just know are your night. I didn’t like it either, but given Beasley’s struggles this season, if that’s what he needed to stay positive and right in the head, I will make an exception.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,543

Post#150 » by WolfAddict » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:21 am

I can't stop looking at this..

winforlose
General Manager

Post#151 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:24 am

WolfAddict wrote:I can't stop looking at this..

I cannot stop looking at this.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/defense/

All our defensive numbers are elite. Steals, blocks, defensive rating, you name it we have arrived.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#152 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:20 am

WolfAddict wrote:I can't stop looking at this..

Even with Bad losses to Orlando, NO and that choke in first game against Memphis.
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#153 » by Wolf_Cry » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:33 am

So far from this 5 game winning streak, I would say our team's identity is play gritty defense and hustle, while our offense gets dragged along by chucking 3's and hoping they go in. It's not a bad formula- but I think we can do much better. Of course I say that and I've been waiting for the team to build off their putrid offensive movements, but maaaybee this team just isn't capable of such simple feat. In that case, they ride or die with chucking 3's, and will have to make up for it with 2x the hustle on defense. That's tiresome, but hey you are what you are.

Hoping we can continue this winning streak against a very good Hornets team. Battle of the 2020 rising stars with Ant and Melo, so I expect our football boy to come out with extra heat 8-)
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,703

Post#154 » by minimus » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:50 am

I can't stop looking at this..

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,703

Post#155 » by minimus » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:25 am

Happy Thanksgiving, my US friends!
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#156 » by packforfreedom » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:12 am

It's been a long time but.........MAX CONTRACTS FOR EVERYONE!
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#157 » by horaceworthy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:27 am

This game might join Christmas Vacation as annual Turkey Day viewing.

We da ones Jack! Eat our rubber!
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
deepestblue
Freshman
And1: 73

Post#158 » by deepestblue » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:53 pm

The King Ant!

What a game!

This is the grittiest defense the team has played since the first era KG days if not ever. Keep it up fellas!
winforlose
General Manager

Post#159 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:18 pm

Looked in on the Heat board and a couple of things popped out.

1. They were commenting that we were too big. That is ironic on soooo many levels.

2. They were saying the refs gave us the win. Between fouling KAT constantly to deny him the ball, the blown calls spotting them 6 points, the insane level contact against Ant that got no called and some of the other weak calls against V8, MCD, Ant, and others, I would say the refs were either consistently bad or actually more favorable for them then us.

3. They talked about us having career nights with multiple guys. That is also ironic considering this is the first real Malik Beasley sighting this season. Ant wasn’t even his best game this season, and V8 only feasted because they failed to stop him.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#160 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:24 pm

I went back and watched it on YouTube. I love the look on Ant’s face when Butler tries to intimidate him.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves