Official Trade Thread - Part XLII

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Re: Official Trade Thread - Part XLII 

Post#421 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:42 pm

Ruzious wrote:
payitforward wrote:Maybe, just maybe, there could have been a trade of Rui for Keldon Johnson straight up at the end of last year, when Rui had a few good games -- though I wouldn't be sure of it -- but I can't imagine SA would give Johnson for him now. Vassell would be even less likely.

Agreed - those are 2 valuable properties - Johnson and Vassell. It'd take more than Rui to get them. but it's interesting to hear fans of other teams talk about Rui - he's very highly regarded. Still, he's gotta build back his value before anyone considers giving up anything to get him.
If the Wizards trade rui right now they're just flat stupid
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#422 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:43 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I have no interest in trading Rui right now but I would be interested in bertans for Derrick white the contracts are close and the fit works better for both teams

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
queridiculo wrote:Moving Hachimura seems premature at this point.

We've not seen what he can do with this team and how his game might develop under this current coaching staff so why take a chance?

I like the potential of a Kuzma/Hachimura front court and letting KCP split minutes as a backup at Guard and SF.

Washington has done well so far playing with rather diminutive wings, having the option to go big could really help this team going forward.
I've been out of the loop these poster over a week or so sorry about what I just posted
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#423 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:44 pm

payitforward wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:Any thoughts on Thomas Bryant for Okongwu? Okongwu is injured for 6 months and probably won't offer much for the Hawks post season run as a result. Hawks have responded by going small, with no real backup at C.

It's scary thinking what a healthy TB could give to that team, but at the same time getting back a guy most of us liked in Okongwu seems like good value for a player that might walk this summer.

Sure. I'd do it because I would trade Bryant for any first round pick (or equivalent value) since I think it's likely we won't be retaining him. I don't particularly care for the fit of Okongwu, but an asset is an asset.

You bet! I like Bryant a lot, but I could not imagine trading Okongwu (tied up on a rookie contract) for Bryant's expiring contract. No GM in his right mind would make that move!
I agree with that one
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#424 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:44 pm

bsilver wrote:I think it's critical to trade Beal before we make the huge mistake of giving him the max deal.

Is there any way Boston would consider Beal for Jaylen Brown? Brown is better than Beal, but there are some factors in our favor:
Boston looks to be going nowhere - having not does enough with their load of draft picks. They need to do something.
There's dissension on the team
Tatum might be enthusiastic to be united with his good friend

We'd have add something to sweeten the deal. I like Kuzma and Rui, but we have surplus - including Bertans would be great, but that's a pipedream. Same surplus at center. Or take back someone they don't want. There's no one obvious, but maybe they're tired of Smart, who's signed to a big long term contract. Horford?
We have to trade Radley
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#425 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:44 pm

Ruzious wrote:I think the chances of getting either Brown or Tatum for Beal are remote. Boston would have to go straight downhill. They've been under-performing at 7-7, but they'll have to do worse than that to panic.
I really think the greatest chance for the Wizards to improve would be to acquire Jaylen Brown because there's a legit shot that Bradley would want to go play with his buddy in Boston
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#426 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:45 pm

nate33 wrote:
bsilver wrote:I think it's critical to trade Beal before we make the huge mistake of giving him the max deal.

Is there any way Boston would consider Beal for Jaylen Brown? Brown is better than Beal, but there are some factors in our favor:
Boston looks to be going nowhere - having not does enough with their load of draft picks. They need to do something.

We'd have add something to sweeten the deal. I like Kuzma and Rui, but we have surplus - including Bertans would be great, but that's a pipedream. Same surplus at center. Or take back someone they don't want. There's no one obvious, but maybe they're tired of Smart, who's signed to a big long term contract. Horford?

I'm really curious if Sheppard will actually give Beal the supermax. Beal is not in the Steph Curry/James Harden tier. He is in the Khris Middleton/Klay Thompson/Kyrie Irving tier. Sheppard can just say: "Here's $40M a year. It's what Anthony Davis, Khris Middleton and Rudy Gobert make, and it's more than anyone else can pay you, except maybe Detroit, Orlando or San Antonio. This is the most we can afford to pay you while keeping a good team around you. Take it or leave it."

$40M a year is not some kind of insult. I'd also frontload it with declining pay after that (or maybe flat pay). The Wizards have the luxtax room next year to pay him the full max, but after that, things get dicey. So something like $44.5M, $41.5M, $38.5M, $35.5M

Of course, that negotiation is easier to make if Beal posts his worst season in years like he has been doing so far. If he picks it up and starts looking like peak Beal, it may not be so easy.
I will bet you the supermax that Bradley Beal does not get the supermax from the Wizards
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#427 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:46 pm

Tyrone Messby wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Yeah I wonder if Beal signs up for something around the 35 .ish mill a year mark with out going into super max territory .

Not a chance, he truly believes he is a top 10 player in the NBA.

We will forever be a 4-8 seed with him on a supermax contract here. I would trade him for Brown or Tatum in a heartbeat.
Which is why I just don't see it happening I think anybody would make that trade except Boston
Bye bye Beal.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#428 » by Dark Faze » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:40 pm

IDK. Wiz are known for caving frequently to their stars. And Beal has been spouting "loyalty" for like 3 years now. It's going to be really hard for Tommy to deny him based off one poor season.

True Wizards fashion would be to pay him and then trade him for a very mediocre package in 23/24.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#429 » by queridiculo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:01 pm

Dark Faze wrote:IDK. Wiz are known for caving frequently to their stars. And Beal has been spouting "loyalty" for like 3 years now. It's going to be really hard for Tommy to deny him based off one poor season.

True Wizards fashion would be to pay him and then trade him for a very mediocre package in 23/24.

I love Beal, I hope he retires a Wizard, but from a pure business perspective the Wizards probably should have entertained a Beal trade given all of the uncertainty surrounding his contract status and the nebulous status of his future with the team.

He's at that do or die part of his career and I just don't see how the Wizards are going to manage to build a team around him that will legit contend.

Adding Simmons or Jaylen Brown probably would have been the way to go, and a shot in the lottery at Paolo Banchero and guys like Emoni Bates and Victor Wembanyama in the years after next.

Adding Wes was a great start, but right now the Wizards still look like a team held hostage by its past.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,879

Post#430 » by Frichuela » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:48 pm

queridiculo wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:IDK. Wiz are known for caving frequently to their stars. And Beal has been spouting "loyalty" for like 3 years now. It's going to be really hard for Tommy to deny him based off one poor season.

I love Beal, I hope he retires a Wizard, but from a pure business perspective the Wizards probably should have entertained a Beal trade given all of the uncertainty surrounding his contract status and the nebulous status of his future with the team.

He's at that do or die part of his career and I just don't see how the Wizards are going to manage to build a team around him that will legit contend.

Adding Simmons or Jaylen Brown probably would have been the way to go, and a shot in the lottery at Paolo Banchero and guys like Emoni Bates and Victor Wembanyama in the years after next.

Adding Wes was a great start, but right now the Wizards still look like a team held hostage by its past.

Trading for Simmons (+Curry or Maxey) may still be possible, but I highly doubt Terd would approve it…

Having a playmaker like Simmons + a shooter like Curry instead of Beal will surely elevate this team. The gamble is dealing with Simmons’ mental issues…
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#431 » by queridiculo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:02 pm

Frichuela wrote:
queridiculo wrote:

Trading for Simmons (+Curry or Maxey) may still be possible, but I highly doubt Terd would approve it…

Having a playmaker like Simmons + a shooter like Curry instead of Beal will surely elevate this team. The gamble is dealing with Simmons’ mental issues…

That ship sailed over not entertaining trades in the summer.

Simmons is a marked beast at the moment and it's a tough sell to the homecrowd now after all the kumbaya in offseason.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,222

Post#432 » by NatP4 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:50 pm

I would attach a 2nd round pick to dump Kuzma. Massive addition by subtraction. Give all the minutes to Avdija and Kispert.

Take out the trash.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#433 » by nate33 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:27 pm

NatP4 wrote:I would attach a 2nd round pick to dump Kuzma. Massive addition by subtraction. Give all the minutes to Avdija and Kispert.

Take out the trash.

I don't think we would need to attach a 2nd. (We don't have one anyway.). I actually think we could receive a 2nd round pick in a Kuzma dump.

I'd wait until the Trade Deadline to do anything though. We will know more then. Of particular importance is whether or not Rui will be effective this season. I'd also like to see how these guys play alongside Thomas Bryant.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,222

Post#434 » by NatP4 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:21 pm

nate33 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:I would attach a 2nd round pick to dump Kuzma. Massive addition by subtraction. Give all the minutes to Avdija and Kispert.

Take out the trash.

I don't think we would need to attach a 2nd. (We don't have one anyway.). I actually think we could receive a 2nd round pick in a Kuzma dump.

I'd wait until the Trade Deadline to do anything though. We will know more then. Of particular importance is whether or not Rui will be effective this season. I'd also like to see how these guys play alongside Thomas Bryant.

I’ve written bryant off entirely. Do we think he’s going to come back to his old self post-ACL tear? I’m very skeptical.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#435 » by gambitx777 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:43 am

Bryant and Rui will add much needed offensive talent to this squad and in this case some D too. Rui should push KCP back to the bench in Tim and I can see experimenting with Bryant at the 4 with his range. Then letting gafford or Trez swap back and defend fast smaller 4s . I think we need to move bertans and we need to stop worrying about moving Kuz for now.

Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#436 » by Frichuela » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:54 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Bryant and Rui will add much needed offensive talent to this squad and in this case some D too. Rui should push KCP back to the bench in Tim and I can see experimenting with Bryant at the 4 with his range. Then letting gafford or Trez swap back and defend fast smaller 4s . I think we need to move bertans and we need to stop worrying about moving Kuz for now.

The problem is who is going to trade for Bertans? He is playing like crap and at $16mn/year and 4 years of contract left, it’s gonna be pretty costly to get rid of him.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#437 » by FAH1223 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:12 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
nate33 wrote:

I'm really curious if Sheppard will actually give Beal the supermax. Beal is not in the Steph Curry/James Harden tier. He is in the Khris Middleton/Klay Thompson/Kyrie Irving tier. Sheppard can just say: "Here's $40M a year. It's what Anthony Davis, Khris Middleton and Rudy Gobert make, and it's more than anyone else can pay you, except maybe Detroit, Orlando or San Antonio. This is the most we can afford to pay you while keeping a good team around you. Take it or leave it."

$40M a year is not some kind of insult. I'd also frontload it with declining pay after that (or maybe flat pay). The Wizards have the luxtax room next year to pay him the full max, but after that, things get dicey. So something like $44.5M, $41.5M, $38.5M, $35.5M

Of course, that negotiation is easier to make if Beal posts his worst season in years like he has been doing so far. If he picks it up and starts looking like peak Beal, it may not be so easy.
I will bet you the supermax that Bradley Beal does not get the supermax from the Wizards

Guys, the fact that Ted has green lit the 4 year max $181M extension on October 1 means he will green light the 5 year $235M offer on July 1. It's gonna happen. It is what it is.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#438 » by FAH1223 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:24 pm

We're proposing trades here and Beal is being the assistant GM in real time

Read on Twitter

Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#439 » by Frichuela » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:27 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
nate33 wrote:I'm really curious if Sheppard will actually give Beal the supermax. Beal is not in the Steph Curry/James Harden tier. He is in the Khris Middleton/Klay Thompson/Kyrie Irving tier. Sheppard can just say: "Here's $40M a year. It's what Anthony Davis, Khris Middleton and Rudy Gobert make, and it's more than anyone else can pay you, except maybe Detroit, Orlando or San Antonio. This is the most we can afford to pay you while keeping a good team around you. Take it or leave it."

Guys, the fact that Ted has green lit the 4 year max $181M extension on October 1 means he will green light the 5 year $235M offer on July 1. It's gonna happen. It is what it is.

Facts! And we all know he ain’t worth the super max. Heck at his current level not even a $30mn/year contract. But this does not matter as Terd is gonna Terd…
RealGM

Post#440 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:00 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
nate33 wrote:I'm really curious if Sheppard will actually give Beal the supermax. Beal is not in the Steph Curry/James Harden tier. He is in the Khris Middleton/Klay Thompson/Kyrie Irving tier. Sheppard can just say: "Here's $40M a year. It's what Anthony Davis, Khris Middleton and Rudy Gobert make, and it's more than anyone else can pay you, except maybe Detroit, Orlando or San Antonio. This is the most we can afford to pay you while keeping a good team around you. Take it or leave it."

It is a ridiculously bad idea

Sent from my SM-A526U using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards