ImageImageImageImageImage

It's official on Scottie Barnes 3 point shot

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

DangerZone13
Senior
And1: 678

Re: It's official on Scottie Barnes 3 point shot 

Post#21 » by DangerZone13 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:33 pm

Reeko wrote:This is a thread about Simmons that is being disguised as a thread about Barnes. Interesting.

Two-faced posting been the trend lately - make a negative trash post hidden within a "praise Scottie" post. My ignore list is just getting longer, and I get more annoyed when I start scrolling before logging in.
:banghead: "Calling out trolls" by quoting them makes YOU part of the problem to those wise enough to use the Ignore button. Please don't add to board pollution.
aroc23
Junior
And1: 354

Post#22 » by aroc23 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:34 pm

I am sold that he can develop a respectable three point shot. He hit 2 against the Warriors nearly back to back (an AND1 in between I believe) and they looked smooth. The very next game he hit the smoothest looking half court shot I have seen, and minutes later in the game (game time wise), he hits an effortless super long two from the top (it was essentially a three but his toe was touching the line).

The thing that really makes me a believer is that the last several attempts he used the same form on his threes as he does on his deadly midrange shots. At the beginning of the season he was changing his form when shooting threes, but it looks like he has been working on that.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#23 » by MadDogSHWA » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:38 pm

Imagine if he can learn to bend his knees!
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
Appostis
Veteran
And1: 2,198

Post#24 » by Appostis » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:09 pm

Psubs wrote:
Appostis wrote:#samplesize

Good to see the potential though.

He looks like Al Horford out there shooting 3's ALREADY in his rookie season. Horford didn't develop it until late 20's as the league hadn't evolved yet.

Yet the numbers .... All I'm saying is settle the f*** down people. I think he'll'll be a solid 3-point shooter..maybe even a good one... But we're talking about 1-3 seasons away.

As of right now he's what shooting..27%? Less? It's gonna be a process. People should prepare themselves for some rough patches so they don't freaking freak out about a bad shooting night.

Don't know if you've noticed.. some fans can be a bit dramatic. :lol:
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,523

Post#25 » by bluerap23 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:21 pm

I don't want to be unreasonable but he is the next Kawhi.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#26 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:34 pm

bluerap23 wrote:I don't want to be unreasonable but he is the next Kawhi.

so what you're saying is that we have the next 2 Kawhi's?

raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,558

Post#27 » by Jadoogar » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:39 pm

Boogie! wrote:Idk why Simmons needs to keep getting bashed. He has absolutely no shot but still manages to put up decent scoring numbers. That means all of his other skills are pretty elite. Just play him at center and his shot becomes moot.

I mean we get it about Simmons it's fun to **** on him but even without a shot he's a really good player.

The only thing that worries me about him is his mentality. I guess you could link that to his inability to shoot as well, but he just seems to have the yips.

I wonder what would have happened to the sixers in an alternate reality had they beat our kawhi raptors.

That teamxwas pretty stacked in its own right. Simmons butler Redick Harris embiid.

Could've won the championship that year.

i mean simmons was part of the reason they lost to the raptors. Go back and watch the last few possession of game 7, when the raptors forced back to back shot violations. Simmons does next to nothing on those possessions and only messes up the spacing for Embiid.

Yes Ben is a good regular season player but in the playoffs, good teams will exploit his flaws. He's similar to Westbrook in that way.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,523

Post#28 » by bluerap23 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:46 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
Boogie! wrote:Idk why Simmons needs to keep getting bashed. He has absolutely no shot but still manages to put up decent scoring numbers. That means all of his other skills are pretty elite. Just play him at center and his shot becomes moot.

I mean we get it about Simmons it's fun to **** on him but even without a shot he's a really good player.

The only thing that worries me about him is his mentality. I guess you could link that to his inability to shoot as well, but he just seems to have the yips.

I wonder what would have happened to the sixers in an alternate reality had they beat our kawhi raptors.

That teamxwas pretty stacked in its own right. Simmons butler Redick Harris embiid.

Could've won the championship that year.

i mean simmons was part of the reason they lost to the raptors. Go back and watch the last few possession of game 7, when the raptors forced back to back shot violations. Simmons does next to nothing on those possessions and only messes up the spacing for Embiid.

Yes Ben is a good regular season player but in the playoffs, good teams will exploit his flaws. He's similar to Westbrook in that way.

I still think Ben has a chance to be a special player. It is a small chance, but it won't be known unless he is put on a team that wants to give it to him. His shooting won't allow him to be the 2nd best player on a really good team, but it may allow him to be the best player on a really good team. I know it doesn't make sense on one level, but it does make sense on another. A team like Sacramento should give it a try.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Post#29 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:23 pm

Ben can't hold Scottie's jock strap (at least on the offensive end).
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,186

Post#30 » by brownbobcat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:07 pm

I don't know how you play him at C without any post game, he just gets totally nullified in the half-court.
He's still a good player, but he can't be slotted any higher than 3rd/4th on a winning team.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Post#31 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:10 pm

Every player needs a shot. Even guys like Giannis and Draymond will launch it from time to time to keep defences honest.
terryjackson
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#32 » by terryjackson » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:30 pm

The Sixers success this season shows how Simmons is similar to DeRozan on the Raptors. The team is just better without him. At his salary I look at him as a bad player or a rich man's Biyombo.

Simmons at the 5 is not a fit. He hasn't played the position before and suddenly placing him there now after many years in the league isn't plausible.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,688

Post#33 » by Clay Davis » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:41 pm

terryjackson wrote:The Sixers success this season shows how Simmons is similar to DeRozan on the Raptors. The team is just better without him. At his salary I look at him as a bad player or a rich man's Biyombo.

Simmons at the 5 is not a fit. He hasn't played the position before and suddenly placing him there now after many years in the league isn't plausible.
Plus, he won't want to play it. He wants to be a PG. Thinking he'll just shut up and play the most physically bruising position in the league is laughable.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,186

Post#34 » by brownbobcat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:54 pm

Clay Davis wrote:
terryjackson wrote:The Sixers success this season shows how Simmons is similar to DeRozan on the Raptors. The team is just better without him. At his salary I look at him as a bad player or a rich man's Biyombo.

Plus, he won't want to play it. He wants to be a PG. Thinking he'll just shut up and play the most physically bruising position in the league is laughable.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using RealGM mobile app

In today's league, you can't be a primary ballhandler if you're not a threat to score, period. Doesn't matter what the position is. Ben can obviously do it very well in transition, but what's he going to do against a big without a running start?
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,020

Post#35 » by NotMyKawhi » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:00 pm

He's young. Shooting a good % from the line. Good % from everywhere

This isn't simmons. He can evolve to hit 3's. No mental weakness here.
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,427

Post#36 » by Jcity08 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:24 pm

Chandan wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:Shooting 3s is the least of my issues with Simmons, I dont like his personality, mentality. We dont need that on this team or his contract.

Couldnt care less about his personality. Hes fun and an easy target to poke fun at, but the end of the day if he can produce on court thats 90% that matters.

Turns out kawhi isn't an angel either and we were willing to give him the key to the city.

When you dont care about personality and mentality of a player, thats how you quickly destroy a franchise. Especially when that player is vastly overrated and takes a huge hit on your capspace.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.

Return to Toronto Raptors