ImageImageImage

Heat @ Timberwolves..can we do 5 in a row & back to .500?!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

T-wOlvEs 420
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Re: Heat @ Timberwolves..can we do 5 in a row & back to .500?! 

Post#161 » by T-wOlvEs 420 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:55 pm

That was the most fun I've had watching a wolves game in a long time. How exciting to have ANT. 20 years old, wow. Hes special. Like KG special. He has the it factor. Future is the limit for ANT and the wolves.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#162 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:25 pm

Pretty damn impressive win last night by the entire team and Finch.

Finch is proving he is a really good coach after bouncing back from the 6 game losing streak to a 5 game winning streak. Cutting the rotation from 11 to a 9 man. **** the feelings of whoever gets a DNP.

The entire team contributed last night.

Vando sets the tone with how hard he hustled. Jaden shut down Jimmy in the 4th. Pat Bev went out so Beasley really stepped up his game last night and played the role that was made for him, 6th man high volume shooter.

Hate him or love him, this team needs Dlo to win. He can pass and shoot. We all love Rubio but he isn’t a threat to shoot or make lay ups. DLo might go 1/10 from 3 some nights but the opposing team has to respect his ability to score. He hit some big time 3’s in the 4th to seal the deal.

Quiet night from KAT. He got into foul trouble and was timid the rest of the night. He got two big blocks on Bam in the 4th and took over the rebounds.

Lastly, what can you say about Ant. This dude is built different. He has that southern ghetto crunk charm about him. Dude really did come from nothing. He lost his mom, grandma, and didn’t have a dad in his life. He wants it, to be great. He had the Vince Carter slam and some big time dagger shots. Going face to face with Jimmy, he showed he’s a dog too. Very impressive.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,400

Post#163 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:32 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Pretty damn impressive win last night by the entire team and Finch.

Finch is proving he is a really good coach after bouncing back from the 6 game losing streak to a 5 game winning streak. Cutting the rotation from 11 to a 9 man. **** the feelings of whoever gets a DNP.

The entire team contributed last night.

Vando sets the tone with how hard he hustled. Jaden shut down Jimmy in the 4th. Pat Bev went out so Beasley really stepped up his game last night and played the role that was made for him, 6th man high volume shooter.

Hate him or love him, this team needs Dlo to win. He can pass and shoot. We all love Rubio but he isn’t a threat to shoot or make lay ups. DLo might go 1/10 from 3 some nights but the opposing team has to respect his ability to score. He hit some big time 3’s in the 4th to seal the deal.

Quiet night from KAT. He got into foul trouble and was timid the rest of the night. He got two big blocks on Bam in the 4th and took over the rebounds.

Lastly, what can you say about Ant. This dude is built different. He has that southern ghetto crunk charm about him. Dude really did come from nothing. He lost his mom, grandma, and didn’t have a dad in his life. He wants it, to be great. He had the Vince Carter slam and some big time dagger shots. Going face to face with Jimmy, he showed he’s a dog too. Very impressive.

The best part is Ant has such a high ceiling and hasn’t even really tapped into his true potential yet. The ups and downs in shooting, scoring, other stats and defensive performance they are all important to his development. But when he embraces his gifts and really develops his attack game (initiating contact, getting to the line, drive and kick, ect…) the sky is the limits for what he will become. This is why Finch unlocking Ant is so critical this season. I want to us to do well always, but the sooner Ant starts to emerge from the cocoon of youth and become the superstar he is destined to be, the sooner we draw in legit FA’s re-sign KAT and rise to the top.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,607

Post#164 » by shrink » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:33 pm

After our winning streak, FiveThirtyEight has projected us to finish eighth in the West (in front of MEM and LAL)

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-nba-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,963

Post#165 » by Domejandro » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:35 pm

The dream is Minnesota being in the hunt for the sixth seed, avoiding the play-in would be a huge deal.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#166 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:10 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:It was kind of a hidden play. I watched the Miami stream and they didn’t replay it. Vanderbilt saved a ball in the 3rd or 4th. The ball looked like it was off towns and vandys long ass arms whirled around and saved the ball while in mid air and led to a MN fast break. This dudes the ultimate hard hat lunch pale. Maybe the best since Trenton hassel?

People were hyping him but he was a nobody to me in that Denver trade. Wound up being the most crucial piece, crazy.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 917

Post#167 » by jscott » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:56 pm

Big win. Great win for the season. Thrilled to be back at .500
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#168 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:48 pm

winforlose wrote:Looked in on the Heat board and a couple of things popped out.

1. They were commenting that we were too big. That is ironic on soooo many levels.

2. They were saying the refs gave us the win. Between fouling KAT constantly to deny him the ball, the blown calls spotting them 6 points, the insane level contact against Ant that got no called and some of the other weak calls against V8, MCD, Ant, and others, I would say the refs were either consistently bad or actually more favorable for them then us.

3. They talked about us having career nights with multiple guys. That is also ironic considering this is the first real Malik Beasley sighting this season. Ant wasn’t even his best game this season, and V8 only feasted because they failed to stop him.

I can see them complaining in that second half. We got a lot of calls in the second. Early on I felt like we were getting jobbed though.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#169 » by King Malta » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 pm

Calinks wrote:
winforlose wrote:Looked in on the Heat board and a couple of things popped out.

1. They were commenting that we were too big. That is ironic on soooo many levels.

2. They were saying the refs gave us the win. Between fouling KAT constantly to deny him the ball, the blown calls spotting them 6 points, the insane level contact against Ant that got no called and some of the other weak calls against V8, MCD, Ant, and others, I would say the refs were either consistently bad or actually more favorable for them then us.

3. They talked about us having career nights with multiple guys. That is also ironic considering this is the first real Malik Beasley sighting this season. Ant wasn’t even his best game this season, and V8 only feasted because they failed to stop him.

I can see them complaining in that second half. We got a lot of calls in the second. Early on I felt like we were getting jobbed though.

While we got some questionable calls in the second half, they got a few suspect ones that almost killed our momentum down the stretch (the charge call, the push off call), so I wouldn't be complaining too much if I was them.

As you touched on though, we were getting drilled in the first half. And there was no way we would've been 12 down at any point if KAT hadn't have been sat down so early.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#170 » by Calinks » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:38 am

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,400

Post#171 » by winforlose » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:44 am

Calinks wrote:

There are two General most Minnesotans hate. The first is General from the car insurance commercials, the second is General Soreness. Both seek to screw you, and both do it with a smile. I say General Soreness can and I quote “eat **** and **** off.” You can fill in the blanks.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,822

Post#172 » by KGdaBom » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:29 am

Nick K wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Dewey wrote:Two more words … Kat <> Culver … Beverly <> McLaughlin … Beasley and Beasley in and out… Edwards raw… Okogie and Nowell starting out of need … weak 2021 schedule let alone opponents missing key players to top it off.

You gotta be flat out arrogant to keep your scapegoat Saunders as the driving force behind winning and losing while ignoring the big picture. Who are you Biden?

Putting aside the politics, you really don’t think Finch could have won some of those games had he been here at the time? I am not saying we were a winning team, but 7-29 is a little extreme. Poor coaching and scheming cost us a lot of close and winnable games. For further evidence look into player efficiency improvements after Finch took over and after the all star break (when Finch had time to work with them.) Ryan isn’t a scapegoat, he is a catalyst and the most responsible party.

To be fair we lost because we had very little talent playing. Simple as that. I won't throw Ryan under the bus for that even if I didn't like his scheme.

Get real people. Saunders as an NBA head coach was the suck of all suck. :nonono:
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#173 » by FinnTheHuman » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:32 pm

Calinks wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:It was kind of a hidden play. I watched the Miami stream and they didn’t replay it. Vanderbilt saved a ball in the 3rd or 4th. The ball looked like it was off towns and vandys long ass arms whirled around and saved the ball while in mid air and led to a MN fast break. This dudes the ultimate hard hat lunch pale. Maybe the best since Trenton hassel?

People were hyping him but he was a nobody to me in that Denver trade. Wound up being the most crucial piece, crazy.

I wouldn't go that far, Beasley has easily brought more great, winning basketball than Vando to the Wolves for now. It's not Beasley's fault it didn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things. That Denver trade might be the key to our future success, because if we want to make the playoffs, Beasley and Vando have to consistently bring most of what they've brought to us vs the Heat.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves