Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Nwora in protocols

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#481 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:14 pm

If we're looking for a Tucker type (good D, bad O), how about Harkless of Sac? He's been terrible offensively but still gets PT for his D. We could probably get him for the 2023 2nd we have plus Hood and Ojeleye.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#482 » by skones » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:12 pm

Still want Mo Wagner. He's an ****, but he's an **** I want on my team. He's smart. He's mobile. He can shoot. He's undervalued.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#483 » by crkone » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:33 am

TheWig wrote:So when are the bucks going to do something (raise money, etc.) other then a social media post for the incident that occurred in Waukesha? Brewers already stepped up, JJ watt is covering the funeral expenses, but where are the bucks being involved if I’m not correct?
Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#484 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:55 pm

skones wrote:Still want Mo Wagner. He's an ****, but he's an **** I want on my team. He's smart. He's mobile. He can shoot. He's undervalued.

Agree, but I think Orlando keeps him with his brother. I wouldn't be surprised if Mo turned down better offers to instead play with his brother.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#485 » by Siefer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:36 pm

Thad Young is who I'm looking at right now. Doesn't fix the need for another big, but he'd be another functional wing (I hope).
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#486 » by LuessiT » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:43 pm

Siefer wrote:Thad Young is who I'm looking at right now. Doesn't fix the need for another big, but he'd be another functional wing (I hope).

Thing is we can't match and he's probably not a buyout candidate (playing pretty well, apparently).
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#487 » by Siefer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:54 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Siefer wrote:Thad Young is who I'm looking at right now. Doesn't fix the need for another big, but he'd be another functional wing (I hope).

Thing is we can't match and he's probably not a buyout candidate (playing pretty well, apparently).

Jesus, didn't realize he was on a 12 mil contract.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#488 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:13 pm

BigO wrote:The only similar player to Brook I'd be interested in is Myles Turner. Stretch big who can guard the paint. But we have nothing to offer the Pacers in return that would make sense.

It's never a popular opinion, and it gets further away with every injury/setback and possibly even further away when he's actually healthy/playing well, but you watch Porzingis put together streaks like he has the past couple weeks and it's hard to not want to pair him and Giannis.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,049

Post#489 » by BigO » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:07 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
BigO wrote:The only similar player to Brook I'd be interested in is Myles Turner. Stretch big who can guard the paint. But we have nothing to offer the Pacers in return that would make sense.

It's never a popular opinion, and it gets further away with every injury/setback and possibly even further away when he's actually healthy/playing well, but you watch Porzingis put together streaks like he has the past couple weeks and it's hard to not want to pair him and Giannis.

Porzingis can't guard the paint. Turner can.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#490 » by WRau1 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:37 pm

Muscala would be a good fit and most likely affordable.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#491 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:44 pm

BigO wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

I mean whether it be health or system or whatever Porzingis has been rather poor lately but if you remove the last like 50 games from his career saying something like Porzingis can't defend the paint would get you laughed out of the room. He was a straight up ELITE rim protector for multiple years and posted better numbers in that regard than an already really good Turner pretty much every one of those seasons.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using RealGM mobile app
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,049

Post#492 » by BigO » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:17 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
BigO wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:It's never a popular opinion, and it gets further away with every injury/setback and possibly even further away when he's actually healthy/playing well, but you watch Porzingis put together streaks like he has the past couple weeks and it's hard to not want to pair him and Giannis.

I mean whether it be health or system or whatever Porzingis has been rather poor lately but if you remove the last like 50 games from his career saying something like Porzingis can't defend the paint would get you laughed out of the room. He was a straight up ELITE rim protector for multiple years and posted better numbers in that regard than an already really good Turner pretty much every one of those seasons.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using RealGM mobile app

I should have better defined the use of the term rim protector, but the last two seasons Porzingis has been awful any way you define it-one of the worst overall defenders in the league. Back in February there was an article that he had the 8th worst defensive average in the league. In terms of blocks, Turner has always been better than Porzingis and Turner has been first several times.

I would never say Turner is an elite defender, but head and shoulders above Porzingis. Neither have been on the first or second all defensive teams. Turner would be a perfect fit for Milwaukee.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#493 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:45 am

Still say Bamba if it only costs Donte + Nwora (really wish we had a first rounder in the next 15 years to trade). His floor is lower but ceiling is immensely higher. Feels like he’s just now starting to scratch the surface. Simplify his role and he could be longer Larry + 3 point range - weed habit and questionable lifestyle choices (hopefully)
Do it for Chuck
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#494 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:59 am

jakecronus8 wrote:Still say Bamba if it only costs Donte + Nwora (really wish we had a first rounder in the next 15 years to trade). His floor is lower but ceiling is immensely higher. Feels like he’s just now starting to scratch the surface. Simplify his role and he could be longer Larry + 3 point range - weed habit and questionable lifestyle choices (hopefully)

I would do it.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#495 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:00 am

How about Dieng for a low cost option?
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#496 » by LuessiT » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:56 am

giannis and 1 wrote:How about Dieng for a low cost option?

I like Dieng a lot for what he does, but he's in the roation in Atlanta. We should be looking at players that either seriously improve our playoff rotation (which assuming everyone is healthy Dieng does not) and trade value for them or look for players that can't crack a rotation and trade our 'trash' for their 'trash' without value. I don't think Dieng can be had without incentive and I wouldn't want to give up incentive to get him.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,722

Post#497 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:16 pm

Myles Turner would make the Bucks a juggernaut. If only he were a buyout candidate.

For a big body who can defend, clog the paint and eat up 6 fouls I wouldn't mind a temporary run with Aaron Baynes.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#498 » by Bernman » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:14 pm

Brook should be back at least by playoffs. A rotation of Brook, Freak, & Bobby bested most teams last go round. Opponents went small. So did we very often.

Bucks' need long-view is still big wing to replace Tucker & balance roster. I don't know how Bucks achieve it w/out trading another asset for the playoffs, i.e. Donte. No picks or prospects to deal. So no addition to weak depth. Would have just cost $ in offseason.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#499 » by midranger » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:37 pm

Can we re-name this thread “Aron Baynes suffered a serve nervous injury to his neck and will likely never play in the NBA again”?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#500 » by raferfenix » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:42 pm

If we trade Donte do we have Pat play more backup SG (instead of small ball 4) and just run with Hill as our only other decent backup 1?

Trading Donte creates another hole.

Hill’s play has been way encouraging but I don’t think he should be clocking this big of minutes through the doldrums of the regular season.

I could see a deal out there that is worth it for Donte but if it’s a low value return then I could also see us dangling Nwora and whatever seconds we have left instead.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks