ImageImageImageImageImage

2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

wegotthabeet
Veteran
And1: 1,940

Re: 2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#461 » by wegotthabeet » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:51 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:
HomieOmey wrote:
I'm half kidding, but how bad would it look if the Raptors traded Siakam and FVV for MPJ, Morris, and Murray ? :lol: Is a trade like that even allowed when the two main guys are injured? The Raptors basically completely give up on this year, but get two guys with special potential. The Nuggets stay competitive this year and improve their team defense.

I'd only trade Siakam for a younger cheaper replacement. I'd prefer someone like Patrick Williams to MPJ.

Siakam + Flynn for P. Williams, Jones Jr., White, Brown Jr. + POR 2022 FRP.

New Core - Anunoby, Barnes, Williams

See if White can be developed into the 6th man. Two picks in this year's draft. See what FVV & Trent Jr. can get via trade at the deadline or next summer.

Bulls are winning a championship with that additional firepower of FVV off of the bench

but that trade is so lopsided salary wise, it won't happen.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxafqtoz <-- failed trade

Where are you getting Vanvleet from? I would use Siakam to get Williams+.

Then in a separate trade try to move Vanvleet & Trent Jr. with maybe some picks for an additional upgrade if possible.

Chicago All In Lineup

Ball
Lavine
DeRozan
Siakam
Vucevic

Toronto Rebuild Lineup

-
Anunoby
Barnes
Williams
-

Banton, White, Precious, 2022 TOR FRP, 2022 POR FRP.
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,363

Post#462 » by Saul Goodman » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:10 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
HomieOmey wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:
I think being stuck is likely the reason the hold on as long as they can with this current team.

Inside a vacuum if Murray and MPJ return to their pre-injury levels along with Jokic they are a solid team, the issue is if they don't then you have a 157m committed next season in the final year of Jokic's deal with a limited path forward to build around your MVP with 107 and 100m respectively committed to non-Jokic talent from 2023 thru 2025 seasons.

Denver really needs to just hold the line with their roster and see what they have before I think any major decisions on movement get made.

I'm half kidding, but how bad would it look if the Raptors traded Siakam and FVV for MPJ, Morris, and Murray ? :lol: Is a trade like that even allowed when the two main guys are injured? The Raptors basically completely give up on this year, but get two guys with special potential. The Nuggets stay competitive this year and improve their team defense.

I'd only trade Siakam for a younger cheaper replacement. I'd prefer someone like Patrick Williams to MPJ.

See if White can be developed into the 6th man. Two picks in this year's draft. See what FVV & Trent Jr. can get via trade at the deadline or next summer.

Value is decent but I feel like Williams presents the same fit issues siakam would. Trent is a long term keeper in my view.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
wegotthabeet
Veteran

Post#463 » by wegotthabeet » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:26 pm

RapsFan008 wrote:
Psubs wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

That's pretty good. Jones and Brown are expiring.

Siakam + Flynn + Champagnie + Cash for P. Williams, Jones Jr., White, Brown Jr. (to be waived) and 2022 1st pick Chicago (or Por which ever is later)

PG FVV - Banton - White
SG Trent - Svi - White
SF OG - Yuta - PWill
PF Barnes - PWill - Jones
C Precious - Birch - Boucher

The framework of that deal is pretty good. If we can also get Ayo, I'm in.

Bulls are missing a 4 which Pascal can fill, but not sure if they are willing to be a tax team especially if they want to renew Lavine in the offseason.

Yeah this puts them right at the tax or just over it this year. If they took Svi instead of Flynn, added Ayo and waived Alize I think they can get under this year, hurts their depth though. I guess it depends on if they view Siakam as the missing piece to push them over the top. Not sure there's a player out there that's better than Siakam.

For the Raps spending only roughly 30% of the cap on Anunoby - Barnes - Williams - Banton would give them so many options over the next two seasons. A lot of interesting follow up moves could present themselves.
wegotthabeet
Veteran

Post#464 » by wegotthabeet » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:39 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:
HomieOmey wrote:

Value is decent but I feel like Williams presents the same fit issues siakam would. Trent is a long term keeper in my view.

Interesting. I don't see a fit issue with a wing trio of OG - Scottie & Siakam or Williams. To me that's just an ideal wing combo in today's NBA.

Trent I could see as a long term piece. I would move him or Fred or both if it made sense though.
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#465 » by HomieOmey » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:07 am

wegotthabeet wrote:
Interesting. I don't see a fit issue with a wing trio of OG - Scottie & Siakam or Williams. To me that's just an ideal wing combo in today's NBA.

Trent I could see as a long term piece. I would move him or Fred or both if it made sense though.

It's not a fit issue really, but this team already desperately needs its own Lavine (or at least Ball) type back court player to make our current team work, and losing Siakam's scoring for Williams' defence would only make that need more glaring. Coby White *could* help in that department if he could prove to be a long term fit with FVV and GTJ.
TurboZ
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#466 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Seen something similar on a blog, but they had Flynn and Boucher going to Sacramento with Toronto getting Powell, but i'd rather keep flynn.

Dragic + Alex Len to Dallas

Bagley + WCS + Trey Burke to Toronto

Powell + Boucher to Sacramento

They had two 2nds going to Toronto as well. 2022 from Sac and a 2024/25 from Dallas
Sacramento deserves a 2nd for taking on xtra year of Powell

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#467 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:03 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:Seen something similar on a blog, but they had Flynn and Boucher going to Sacramento with Toronto getting Powell, but i'd rather keep flynn.

They had two 2nds going to Toronto as well. 2022 from Sac and a 2024/25 from Dallas

Going to go ahead and decline this. I think Toronto can do better Dragic and Boucher. Even a Boucher for White from the Bulls is a better return than this.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#468 » by Psubs » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:11 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:Seen something similar on a blog, but they had Flynn and Boucher going to Sacramento with Toronto getting Powell, but i'd rather keep flynn.

I like it. Might have to send out DJ or Champ. I don't see why Dallas would do this. Burke is shooting 41% from 3. They can just sign Dragic in the summer.
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#469 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:14 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:

Going to go ahead and decline this. I think Toronto can do better Dragic and Boucher. Even a Boucher for White from the Bulls is a better return than this.

I want no parts of Coby White, I'd much rather Bagley over Coby.... I agree with you tho, I feel like we can get a lil more if we are moving Boucher and Dragic in a deal. I don't think we'll get a better player than Bagley tho individually for either of em. Moses Brown is actually the guy I want from Dallas tho.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#470 » by Psubs » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:14 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:

Coby White hmmm. I'd do, Boucher, Johnson and Champagnie for White and Matt Thomas (salary filler)
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#471 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:58 pm

Psubs wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

Coby White hmmm. I'd do, Boucher, Johnson and Champagnie for White and Matt Thomas (salary filler)

Why? Is coby even better than Flynn? David Johnson could be just as good as Coby imo.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#472 » by MixxSRC » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:29 pm

How can we get Eric Gordon?
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant

Post#473 » by Saul Goodman » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:12 pm

minnesota has 3 2nds this year and needs a bench.

Dragic
Boucher

for

Prince
Layman
Okogie
Nowell
2022 Minnesota 2nd
2022 Philly 2nd/denver 2nd
2022 Washington 2nd
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#474 » by HomieOmey » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:41 am

Saul Goodman wrote:minnesota has 3 2nds this year and needs a bench.

Dragic
Boucher

for

Prince
Layman
Okogie
Nowell
2022 Minnesota 2nd
2022 Washington 2nd

We're struggling finding roles for guys like Flynn and Yuta while we already have Barnes, Precious, and what should be a semi-decent 2022 first. 2cnd round picks do nothing for me right now. If that's the best we can get for Dargic and Boucher though, I still likely take it in hopes we can trade up. I see no future fit for Boucher anyway.
TurboZ
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant

Post#475 » by Saul Goodman » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:31 am

HomieOmey wrote:

Dragic
Boucher

for

Prince
Layman
Okogie
Nowell
2022 Minnesota 2nd
2022 Washington 2nd

We're struggling finding roles for guys like Flynn and Yuta while we already have Barnes, Precious, and what should be a semi-decent 2022 first. 2cnd round picks do nothing for me right now. If that's the best we can get for Dargic and Boucher though, I still likely take it in hopes we can trade up. I see no future fit for Boucher anyway.

Bobby and Masai armed with 3 2nds almost guaranteees a good young player
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,823

Post#476 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:04 am

Dragic
Boucher

for

Prince
Layman
Okogie
Nowell
2022 Minnesota 2nd
2022 Washington 2nd

Why on earth would Minny even consider this…
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,587

Post#477 » by Bruin » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:59 pm

Bagley has looked solid ever since they fired Walton. Should’ve traded for him when his value was low
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,034

Post#478 » by HumbleRen » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:30 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

Why? Is coby even better than Flynn? David Johnson could be just as good as Coby imo.

???
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,034

Post#479 » by HumbleRen » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:31 pm

Y'all have an insane measurement of value when it comes to Dragic, Flynn or Boucher.
edgehead411
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,142

Post#480 » by edgehead411 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:53 pm

Sell the farm and send Pascal to Minnesota for KAT. Keep sending 1sts until they say yes.
PM me if interested in writing about the Toronto Raptors!

Return to Toronto Raptors