Re: Game 20: LA Lakers at Indiana Pacers, 11/24/2021 7:00 

Post#61 » by RamonSessions7 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:58 am

Nice lebron
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#62 » by Pythagoras » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:14 am

Lebron doing Lebron things. This team just needs to get healthy and they’ll be fine.
Numbers rule the universe.
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#63 » by euphorbus » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:38 am

Does anyone know why Jeremy Lamb did not play tonight? He seems to be having a good season for the Pacers.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#64 » by Pythagoras » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:39 am

euphorbus wrote:Does anyone know why Jeremy Lamb did not play tonight? He seems to be having a good season for the Pacers.

Looks like he was just a DNP-coach’s decision. He’s on the last year of his deal anyway and he’s a guy I’d expect the Pacers to shop to contenders later in the season.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,093

Post#65 » by SlimShady83 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:27 am

Where the Fook is AD this game ???

He seems to play like every 2nd game Or 2 or 3? WTF is wrong with this clown this time?
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
politm
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#66 » by politm » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:43 am

SlimShady83 wrote:Where the Fook is AD this game ???

He seems to play like every 2nd game Or 2 or 3? WTF is wrong with this clown this time?

This is the first game he's missed this year.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#67 » by kblo247 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:43 am

SlimShady83 wrote:Where the Fook is AD this game ???

It’s his first missed game of the year and he has the flu. In fact they said he was scratched from the game because he showed a fever. He was sick in New York too but played, yet they scratched him because he had a fever tonight and it’s the first scratch of the year.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#68 » by kblo247 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:45 am

Kilroy wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
euphorbus wrote:
Put your best guy on him, at least. Do we have a best guy?

No lol

THT played him well all game... But yeah, he's not in the game...

It’s also true that THT played everyone else bad the whole game and is a sieve team defensively to the point Vogel benched him for melo and monk because he trusts them more to make correct rotations and switches. Hell you can point to at least 5x THt made the wrong switch, double, and didn’t close out correctly in that zone at least and that dug them that hole, so he pulled him for melo, monk, and Ellington late for defense when playing small ball :lol:
kblo247
RealGM

Post#69 » by kblo247 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:53 am

Ball so hard wrote:I know THT has been struggling, but I really don’t get not playing him down the stretch. Why is Melo playing more, especially on defense.

THT makes more mistakes than Melo and Monk defensively as he’s always losing shooters and anyone who doesn’t have the ball. He gave up a three in the corner to end the half because for some reason in a 2-3 zone he jumped forward and joined the 2 leaving the corner open. They switched everything in the fourth to close but for some reason he chose not to switch with melo late and that forced melo to body a big and rotate out to a guard. He gave a putback in one sequence to sabonis because he lost his guy completely in the switches and another person had to run out to him. Monk had to make two rotations mid way thru the third because his stupid ass was lost on shooters..

Frank benched him last year frequently for the same **** when he was the weak link when Bron and AD weee out and Kuzma, KCP, and Caruso would make correct rotations and he would be in his own world. He has no idea of how to play in a team defensive concept, he just is an average on ball guy, and I do mean average and in no way exceptional, so he got benched for three guys who at least got the fundamental concept of recover, switch, rotate, box out, contest, and repeat in Monk, Ellington, and Melo. It’s his fault and he didn’t deserve to close as he’s the weak link in their defense which is saying something because Russ goes quarters not trying, but when he wants to even his rock head ass and Melos non defensive playing ass are smarter than him if you’re trying to get a team stop
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#70 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:49 pm

All of this in one game goodness gracious.

Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 307

Post#71 » by Hans1984 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:28 pm

This game should have never gone to OT. We were up 6 with about 70 seconds to go. Lebron saved us.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,633

Post#72 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:10 pm

Hans1984 wrote:This game should have never gone to OT. We were up 6 with about 70 seconds to go. Lebron saved us.

Well, we were playing one the elite teams...so you take what you can get.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 307

Post#73 » by Hans1984 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:01 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
Hans1984 wrote:This game should have never gone to OT. We were up 6 with about 70 seconds to go. Lebron saved us.

Well, we were playing one the elite teams...so you take what you can get.

Every team seems to be elite to us at this point. I agree you take what you can get.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#74 » by Kilroy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:11 pm

kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
No lol

It’s also true that THT played everyone else bad the whole game and is a sieve team defensively to the point Vogel benched him for melo and monk because he trusts them more to make correct rotations and switches. Hell you can point to at least 5x THt made the wrong switch, double, and didn’t close out correctly in that zone at least and that dug them that hole, so he pulled him for melo, monk, and Ellington late for defense when playing small ball :lol:

Melo and Monk made 10x the defensive mistakes THT did, so you're argument would be laughable, if it wasn't part of such a constant pattern of laughable arguments... If vogel thinks Monk and Melo are more trustworthy on Defense that THT, he should be fired immediately...
Isn't it much more logical that they were in for Offensive reasons? And fit reasons? Westbrook and THT don't play together much anymore... Even though we were down by 11 when THT came out and only won the game on Miracle missed shots by Indy and miracle made shots by LeBron...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#75 » by Pythagoras » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:59 pm

I think THT has a future in this league as a high end role player, but I think he’s probably still a year away from making that jump. He’s also a pretty poor fit next to Lebron and Westbrook at the moment. If the Lakers can move him for a guy that can help them more now, then they have to take that opportunity, as this team still has a legit championship window.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#76 » by kblo247 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:35 pm

Kilroy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Melo and Monk made 10x the defensive mistakes THT did, so you're argument would be laughable, if it wasn't part of such a constant pattern of laughable arguments... If vogel thinks Monk and Melo are more trustworthy on Defense that THT, he should be fired immediately...
Isn't it much more logical that they were in for Offensive reasons? And fit reasons? Westbrook and THT don't play together much anymore... Even though we were down by 11 when THT came out and only won the game on Miracle missed shots by Indy and miracle made shots by LeBron...

THT was a negative on the court. Melo a +14, Wayne +20 and Monk a +15

To be specific

2nd quarter 852 loses his guy and Dwight has to run and contest a three and ends up fouling because Tuckers head us turned (3 points)
2nd quarter 508 ends up fouling turner because he wasn’t in position in their zone and got their late and love tapped him (3 points)
3rd quarter 1015 doesn’t make the rotation to sabonis when Russ and DJ rotates and gives up a layup (2 points)
3rd quarter 933 they are playing man and he doesn’t switch, do over or under and has his hands up when Russ screams at him (3 points)
3rd quarter 858 they all playing man and instead of staying with brogdon he drops on Sabonis and that’s a 3 by brogodon, Bradley points our what he should have did there (3 points)
3rd quarter 406 in a matchup zone and he’s supposed to be boxing out Sabine’s after Dwight contests Duarte but doesn’t so baby sabonis boards and he love taps him for an and one (3 points)

He was used in the fourt to literally just give Melo and Monk 2 mins of rest each and didn’t touch the floor in overtime. In fact he didn’t put him on the floor for defensive matchups in the fourth and overtime. He put Bradley, melo, monk, Bron, Russ. THT is horrid in. Terms of knowing where to go or rotate, where to switch, where to show, and at giving up corner 3s off play actions which is something Phoenix exploited and got him benched last year too even when Bron and AD were out and we had no bodies. He’s fine one on one, adequate but he has no sense of anything aside from one vs one.

Bron was at the 5 calling out coverages to guys who understand what they meant by the admission of Bron, Monk, Melo, Frank, Worthy, and Horry. And THT wasn’t on his floor in winning time because he’s the chink in the armor on both ends. He can’t play defense in their concept and he can’t score worth **** or handle the ball which has made a net negative multiple games

You didn’t win by miracles, you won because Turner and Sabonis can’t overwhelm Lebrun and Melo at 4/5 and on the other end they made sure to run a Bron/Wayne Bron/Monk Bron/Melo 2 man game over and over because they know Carlisle switches everything and sabonis was bbq for Lebrun
kblo247
RealGM

Post#77 » by kblo247 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:37 pm

Pythagoras wrote:I think THT has a future in this league as a high end role player, but I think he’s probably still a year away from making that jump. He’s also a pretty poor fit next to Lebron and Westbrook at the moment. If the Lakers can move him for a guy that can help them more now, then they have to take that opportunity, as this team still has a legit championship window.

I’m not with the excuse ****. I don’t even want to hear he’s 21 when he’s on the floor and team with at least 3 guys who at 21 were all nba. Kobe was a nba champion, all star multiple times, and all defense. Magic was leading a team to a title. He just ain’t got it
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#78 » by stan francisco » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:17 pm

kblo247 wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:I know THT has been struggling, but I really don’t get not playing him down the stretch. Why is Melo playing more, especially on defense.

THT makes more mistakes than Melo and Monk defensively as he’s always losing shooters and anyone who doesn’t have the ball. He gave up a three in the corner to end the half because for some reason in a 2-3 zone he jumped forward and joined the 2 leaving the corner open. They switched everything in the fourth to close but for some reason he chose not to switch with melo late and that forced melo to body a big and rotate out to a guard. He gave a putback in one sequence to sabonis because he lost his guy completely in the switches and another person had to run out to him. Monk had to make two rotations mid way thru the third because his stupid ass was lost on shooters..

Frank benched him last year frequently for the same **** when he was the weak link when Bron and AD weee out and Kuzma, KCP, and Caruso would make correct rotations and he would be in his own world. He has no idea of how to play in a team defensive concept, he just is an average on ball guy, and I do mean average and in no way exceptional, so he got benched for three guys who at least got the fundamental concept of recover, switch, rotate, box out, contest, and repeat in Monk, Ellington, and Melo. It’s his fault and he didn’t deserve to close as he’s the weak link in their defense which is saying something because Russ goes quarters not trying, but when he wants to even his rock head ass and Melos non defensive playing ass are smarter than him if you’re trying to get a team stop

Yeah. I choose to cut THT more slack than RW and the other guards because he’s 20. Westbrook makes similar mistakes and after how many years? At least THT can fix his problems, RW seemingly can’t.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#79 » by Ball so hard » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:54 pm

Pythagoras wrote:I think THT has a future in this league as a high end role player, but I think he’s probably still a year away from making that jump. He’s also a pretty poor fit next to Lebron and Westbrook at the moment. If the Lakers can move him for a guy that can help them more now, then they have to take that opportunity, as this team still has a legit championship window.

I’ve been saying the same thing about how poor a fit he’s next to Lebron and Russ. However, a so called ‘expert’ here says we’re a bunch of simpletons and don’t know what we’re talking about. If you have to start THT, Russ should go to the bench. They’re both attacking guards with questionable jump shots… being modest here. The issue is further compounded when Lebron decides to pound it, which is fairly often.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#80 » by kblo247 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:06 am

stan francisco wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

Yeah. I choose to cut THT more slack than RW and the other guards because he’s 20. Westbrook makes similar mistakes and after how many years? At least THT can fix his problems, RW seemingly can’t.

For all Russ faults and he has some. Well he has warts to be kind lol he at least gives you other things. Tucker isn’t playing defense because if he could or did, he would be used late to get stops or even in situational defense but he’s benched for a 38 year old Melo and Malik Monk lol. He’s not rebounding the ball when Bron and Russ are in the lineup as he’s a whole 3 a game. He’s not a passer really as he’s a below 3 assist a night guy in his 30 minutes a night. He’s also a subpar shooter, as bad Russ can shoot it or can’t shoot it, Tucker is shooting 29% from 3. He was a 30% three guy in the g league. He was that in college. He was 29% last year. He’s an actual worse shooter than Russ out there and has been at every level when it comes to spacing the floor. He’s in year three, he got to show more than what he’s shown by now because if you judge him by other lakers at this age he’s not up to par. And what Russ lacks in iq and skill, he can at least athleticism and energy his way to being productive and getting a stop or making a play, which Tucker can’t say

Return to Los Angeles Lakers