Re: LeBron James: Play On Isaiah Stewart 'Definitely Accidental', Suspension Unreasonable

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LeBron James: Play On Isaiah Stewart 'Definitely Accidental', Suspension Unreasonable 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:01 pm

LeBron James was taking a nap when the NBA announced he would be suspended for the first time in his 19-year career. James struck Isaiah Stewart in the face during Sunday's game, which led to an extended altercation with Stewart escalating the situation as he discovered his face was bloodied. 

"Rob [Pelinka] called me. I missed his call," James told ESPN of the Lakers vice president of basketball operations and general manager dialing in the bad news. "As soon as when I checked my phone and it was a missed call, I was like, 'I know I'm suspended.'

"I mean, it's some bulls---. But whatever."

James had to miss his only trip to Madison Square Garden this season.

"I was devastated," James told ESPN. "It's my favorite place in the world to play, so I was looking forward to it. But it is what it is."

James detailed that explanation after the win over Indiana.

"There was a boxout on the free throw line. His elbow got kind of high, it got me -- if you look, if you watch the film -- it got me off balanced a little bit, and his elbow lifted my arm, and I basically tried to swim move, swim down on him, on his arm," James said. "And when I swung down on his arm, he got off balance and the left side of my hand grazed his face. And I knew right away. So, I knew right away I had caught some part of his head. So, I went over to apologize to him, and obviously, you guys saw what happened after that. But definitely accidental."

James also said his case was made stronger by how Russell Westbrook got a bloody lip in Tuesday's game when hit by Quentin Grimes, and James was hit in the face by Domantas Sabonis, which required a bandage on his eyelid. 

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: LeBron James: Play On Isaiah Stewart 'Definitely Accidental', Suspension Unreasonable 

Post#2 » by br7knicks » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:43 pm

cry more, you piece of **** human

the league will be better when you're gone.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#3 » by Mikistan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:53 pm

I'm not buying this
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,122

Post#4 » by eyeatoma » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:57 pm

br7knicks wrote:cry more, you piece of **** human

I don't like LeBron either, and I don't really believe him, but chill out dude.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,614

Post#5 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:22 pm

Liar. He felt Stewart leaning on him and lashed at his face. An athlete like has body control and knows what he's doing
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Loaded_Hollows
Starter
And1: 3,420

Post#6 » by Loaded_Hollows » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:03 pm

What a piece of garbage.

Also, he loves playing in MSG but was too scared to actually play for the Knicks and deal with the media and pressure :lol: Frauddddd
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#7 » by Gooner » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:33 pm

I agree, the league got worse in his tenure. That's his legacy. Media and sponsors have created this narcissistic monster at the expense of basketball product.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,358

Post#8 » by HoopsterJones » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:39 pm

That wasn’t a graze. It busted up Isaiah’s eyebrow/forehead. He gave his honest take though instead of just being apologetic and accept his punishment like a man.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
SoulJah
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#9 » by SoulJah » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:00 pm

Gooner wrote:

I agree, the league got worse in his tenure. That's his legacy. Media and sponsors have created this narcissistic monster at the expense of basketball product.

The league will be in much better shape once he's gone. His narcissistic personality and I am bigger than a game demeanour is one of the reason he is one of the more hated stars ever. About time he bows out before he keeps embarrassing himself with these kind of antics.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 316

Post#10 » by Hans1984 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:03 pm

No. It wasn't accidental.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#11 » by Gooner » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:11 pm

SoulJah wrote:
Gooner wrote:

The league will be in much better shape once he's gone. His narcissistic personality and I am bigger than a game demeanour is one of the reason he is one of the more hated stars ever. About time he bows out before he keeps embarrassing himself with these kind of antics.

The problem is that the league is so broken that it will be very hard to repair the damage. The basketball product is really bad, fans and players don't even understand the rules like traveling because nobody even knows what the rules are anymore. It's all about stars and making it as easy as possible for them.

NBA should be thankful for Steph Curry because he is the biggest attraction in today's NBA, he is the only one who can stop the ratings decline to some degree. He is able to attract the broader audience, not just those hipsters from twitter, and he is the one who people try to emulate, even in the NBA. People are just tired of LeBron, because he is unlikeable, becuase he is protected and empowered by the league, and his playing style is ugly to watch.
MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 548

Re: Re: LeBron James: Play On Isaiah Stewart 'Definitely Accidental', Suspension Unreasonable 

Post#12 » by MVP1992 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:38 pm

"...I basically tried to swim move, swim down on him, on his arm,"

The swimming stroke commonly known as the 'Back Hammer Fist'

Doesn't sound like LeBron is au fait with swimming.
Mr. Biden shot back: “You’ve got more questions? Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#13 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:15 pm

Hans1984 wrote:No. It wasn't accidental.

I have felt tat LBJ is a sneaky dirty player for many years. His whining is insufferable and the refs give him preferential treatment.

And he is a great payer I don't know why he can't just be a great player why does he get coddled by the refs? He's the biggest flopper this side of Lance Stephenson.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 316

Post#14 » by Hans1984 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:18 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:

I have felt tat LBJ is a sneaky dirty player for many years. His whining is insufferable and the refs give him preferential treatment.

And he is a great payer I don't know why he can't just be a great player why does he get coddled by the refs? He's the biggest flopper this side of Lance Stephenson.

I don't think he's a dirty player but in this particular incident it wasn't accidental imo. Maybe he wasn't trying to cut his eye open but he certainly tried to hit him. He was suspended for it and it's time to move on.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#15 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:28 pm

Hans1984 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

I don't think he's a dirty player but in this particular incident it wasn't accidental imo. Maybe he wasn't trying to cut his eye open but he certainly tried to hit him. He was suspended for it and it's time to move on.

That's why I say "sneaky" dirty.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#16 » by BigHustle » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:48 pm

Lebron fast to point out fans that do something borderline but won’t own his own mistakes.

Insufferable.

Retire already.
DFan
Rookie
And1: 740

Post#17 » by DFan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:44 pm

Sorry sir. Don't believe you
EnriCela13
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#19 » by EnriCela13 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:10 pm

The amount of hate on the King here is crazyy hahahah. So many fellow knick fans too.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#20 » by Dennis 37 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:36 pm

Gary Trent Jr. got a flagrant 1 last night for contact light enough that only a mosquito would have noticed. So, with those standards, Lebron is lucky he isn't out a month.

The correct response from LeBron should have been, I need to be more careful.

Return to Wiretap Discussion