ImageImageImageImage

Mo Bamba- a keeper?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Re: Mo Bamba- a keeper? 

Post#61 » by basketballRob » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:27 pm

Mo will end up being an elite 3 point shooter from the center spot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#62 » by pepe1991 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:55 pm

basketballRob wrote:Mo will end up being an elite 3 point shooter from the center spot.

You claimed he will be averaging 20-12-4 last year :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#63 » by basketballRob » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:59 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Mo will end up being an elite 3 point shooter from the center spot.

You claimed he will be averaging 20-12-4 last year
It's only been 19 games. 13/11/3 per 36.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,154

Post#64 » by Knightro » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:44 pm

basketballRob wrote:It's only been 19 games. 13/11/3 per 36.

He's not going to ever play 36 MPG, you know that right?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#65 » by drsd » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:59 pm

So, you project Bamba's shooting upside as Wendell Carter Jr.

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#66 » by fendilim » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:42 pm

T-Cat wrote:
GameOver25 wrote:Either he accepts being a backup for us on a reasonable contract, which is not likely to happen or we trade him while his value (ie blocking shots, still young) is still somewhat high I'm hoping. But yeah I can't get over his lack of awareness and motor. I'd trade him in a heartbeat if the deal is right.

Players do improve over time!

I will say this, Mo is not a finished product and hopefully this summer he will continue to improve his overall game!

Right now his game is shooting 3s and protecting the rim!

The problem with Mo isnt real his skill, IMO. The guy is a Sports Car with a Hyundai engine.

Nice body but his motor is bad.

Like I’ve been saying before, I don’t see how you really improve the motor over time. Its either you bring it every game or not, it is that simple. And yet, Mo’s games leaves a lot to be desired.

In fact, his impressive start to the season did him no good. Because we all saw how impressive he can be, but his performance just went down, slowly.

I still wish he’d succeed, but this is a recurring issue since college.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#67 » by basketballRob » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:56 pm

drsd wrote:

So, you project Bamba's shooting upside as Wendell Carter Jr.

Both look like they'll be elite shooting big men.

AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 622

Post#68 » by AaronB » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:04 pm

fendilim wrote:
T-Cat wrote:
GameOver25 wrote:Either he accepts being a backup for us on a reasonable contract, which is not likely to happen or we trade him while his value (ie blocking shots, still young) is still somewhat high I'm hoping. But yeah I can't get over his lack of awareness and motor. I'd trade him in a heartbeat if the deal is right.

I will say this, Mo is not a finished product and hopefully this summer he will continue to improve his overall game!

The problem with Mo isnt real his skill, IMO. The guy is a Sports Car with a Hyundai engine.

Like I’ve been saying before, I don’t see how you really improve the motor over time. Its either you bring it every game or not, it is that simple. And yet, Mo’s games leaves a lot to be desired.

In fact, his impressive start to the season did him no good. Because we all saw how impressive he can be, but his performance just went down, slowly.

The 1990's called and they want their car analogies back.

In 2021, Hyundai (also Genesis) makes some of the best motors in the industry.

How about we change the analogy to "a Sportscar body with a Yugo motor"?
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,971

Post#69 » by p0peye » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:16 pm

AaronB wrote:
fendilim wrote:
T-Cat wrote:

The 1990's called and they want their car analogies back.

In 2021, Hyundai (also Genesis) makes some of the best motors in the industry.

How about we change the analogy to "a Sportscar body with a Yugo motor"?

Hey, Yugo is not just a car, it's a legend.

T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 427

Post#70 » by T-Cat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:22 pm

I admire the positivity most fans have for our young players! I had high hopes in AG and Hezonja, they both would do something special for this organization,

Mario Hezonja never had the coaching staff believe in his abilities, wasn't our GM that picked EP over him as a far as point guard.

We coulda had a Luka type player on our hands...

Our front office gave Vuc, AG and Fournier time to grow, why not Mo and company?
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,510

Post#71 » by Bergmaniac » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:28 pm

T-Cat wrote:Mario Hezonja never had the coaching staff believe in his abilities, wasn't our GM that picked EP over him as a far as point guard.

We coulda had a Luka type player on our hands...

No, we couldn't, no coach in the world could have turned Hezonja into even a solid NBA starter, let alone a superstar like Luka. There is a reason he's already out of the league and currently playing in Kazan, Russia, and it's not that the coaching staff didn't believe in him.
JTG_92940618
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#72 » by JTG_92940618 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:18 pm

I ran into this for another thread but Bamba's three has stopped falling and that's a big deal because, on offence, all he really does is shoot the 3 and finish drop off passes.

If you draw a line at the first Brooklyn game where Durant played and killed us you get the following:

Before and including Brooklyn: 19/47 - 40.4% (12 games)
Post Brooklyn: 9/35 - 25.7% (7 games)

Incidentally, this is when he stopped getting to the line too.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#73 » by Horcy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:15 pm

I don't get why many of you keep speaking about his motor (that I still don't understand what actually means) and don't speak about his attitude.
Mamba even with his weight, with Suggs or Franz attitude could be a beast.
Sometimes it seems that he only cares about shooting threes.
I always liked his skillset but he needs to work seriously on the attitudinal part.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,971

Post#74 » by p0peye » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:27 am

Horcy wrote:I don't get why many of you keep speaking about his motor (that I still don't understand what actually means) and don't speak about his attitude.
Mamba even with his weight, with Suggs or Franz attitude could be a beast.
Sometimes it seems that he only cares about shooting threes.
I always liked his skillset but he needs to work seriously on the attitudinal part.

In my interpretation, motor = competitive passion for basketball.

Bamba has none.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#75 » by basketballRob » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:34 am

I think Mo will look better to fans here once he's on another team. WCJ used to get the same kind of hate on the Bulls board, now he's getting some praise.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#76 » by Knightro » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:02 am

basketballRob wrote:I think Mo will look better to fans here once he's on another team. WCJ used to get the same kind of hate on the Bulls board, now he's getting some praise.

Wendell is getting more praise than he used to get because he's actually playing better this year than he did the first three years of his career, not because he's on another team.

Bamba is not getting similar praise because he's the same not very good guy he's always been. He's just playing more minutes.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#77 » by basketballRob » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:07 am

Knightro wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I think Mo will look better to fans here once he's on another team. WCJ used to get the same kind of hate on the Bulls board, now he's getting some praise.

Wendell is getting more praise than he used to get because he's actually playing better this year than he did the first three years of his career, not because he's on another team.

Bamba is not getting similar praise because he's the same not very good guy he's always been. He's just playing more minutes.
Bamba is second on the team in minutes played, he just needs to get adjusted to that many minutes.

WCJ wasn't that bad when he was with the Bulls. They constantly trashed him. I asked them if he could play PF and it was a unanimous no, according to them he was too slow.

I think Bamba needs to get a fresh start somewhere else asap.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#78 » by Knightro » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:03 am

basketballRob wrote:Bamba is second on the team in minutes played, he just needs to get adjusted to that many minutes.

WCJ wasn't that bad when he was with the Bulls. They constantly trashed him. I asked them if he could play PF and it was a unanimous no, according to them he was too slow.

But you're missing the point. The fact that Bulls fans didn't like Carter is irrelevant to why he's getting more praise now. He's getting more praise now because he's playing better than he did before. He wouldn't be getting more praise if he was playing bad.

If Bamba was playing better, he'd be getting more praise. But he's not. So he's not.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#79 » by basketballRob » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:11 am

Knightro wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Bamba is second on the team in minutes played, he just needs to get adjusted to that many minutes.

But you're missing the point. The fact that Bulls fans didn't like Carter is irrelevant to why he's getting more praise now. He's getting more praise now because he's playing better than he did before. He wouldn't be getting more praise if he was playing bad.

If Bamba was playing better, he'd be getting more praise. But he's not. So he's not.
The point I was trying to make is that he was a good player for the Bulls, given his age. What WCJ is doing now isn't surprising to me.

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#80 » by fendilim » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:48 am

basketballRob wrote:
Knightro wrote:

Bamba is second on the team in minutes played, he just needs to get adjusted to that many minutes.

The thing is.. WCJ is playing the 4 because he looks shorter than Mo. but if you look at matchups, Mo is usually the one being guarded by the smaller players and also is the one usually tasked to defend the stretch 4.

Return to Orlando Magic