ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Omicron & Delta Variants)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#821 » by jmr07019 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:48 pm

Lmaooo triggerrred
Show Love Spread Love
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#822 » by return2glory » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:25 am

Why is this thread not locked? There is so much hate/personal attacks going on in this thread that is against this own boards guidelines. It's pretty clear people can't debate without being disrespectful towards one another. The Mods that do a pretty good job for this most part are looking away and allowing personal attacks and name calling.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#823 » by exculpatory » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:05 am

return2glory wrote:Why is this thread not locked? There is so much hate/personal attacks going on in this thread that is against this own boards guidelines. It's pretty clear people can't debate without being disrespectful towards one another. The Mods that do a pretty good job for this most part are looking away and allowing personal attacks and name calling.

You missed the part months ago where the mods posted that this is an ‘almost anything goes’ (very much the atypical) thread...IMO a very wise decision.

Second, I applaud myself and MULTIPLE others (INCLUDING A MOD OR 2) who have sometimes violated the TOS. Why? Because this thread & this never ending lethal pandemic are THAT IMPORTANT. IF YOU LOOK PAST THE OCCASIONAL PERSONAL INSULTS, I FOR ONE HAVE POSTED INNUMERABLE INVALUABLE LINKS & EXPLANATIONS REGARDING THE TRUTH OF ALL ASPECTS OF COVID MEDICINE (AS A **** PROFESSOR OF MEDICINE & THE MOST COVID-INFORMED POSTER ON THIS BOARD - along with Mr. Loggins & CL). Someone has to respond to the despicable disinformation & massively ignorant garbage posted by our small group of mother **** idiots.

This is NOT a RESPECTFUL debate. By the spring 2022, close to ONE MILLION AMERICANS & MANY MORE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WORLDWIDE WILL HAVE DIED. THE TIME FOR NICETIES IS LONG LONG LONG PAST.
There is ONLY literature-backed science & truth VS pure unadulterated willful ignorance & mind blowing & earth-shattering stupidity.

If it offends your sensibilities, do not read it.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,068

Post#824 » by Ed Pinkney » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:13 am

Great.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-26/africa-travel-restrictions-imposed-over-new-covid-19/100652438

The newly identified coronavirus variant is also worrying British health officials due to its high number of mutations and rapid spread among young people.

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said B.1.1.529 had a spike protein that was dramatically different to the original coronavirus variant the vaccines were based on.

It said it had mutations that were likely to evade the immune response generated both by prior COVID-19 infection and vaccination.

It also had mutations associated with increased infectivity, the UKHSA said.

Officials characterised the variant, which has double the number of mutations as the currently dominant Delta variant, as the "worst one yet".

"What we do know is there's a significant number of mutations, perhaps double the number of mutations that we have seen in the Delta variant," Britain's Health Minister Sajid Javid said.

"And that would suggest that it may well be more transmissible and the current vaccines that we have may well be less effective."
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#825 » by exculpatory » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:21 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:Great.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-26/africa-travel-restrictions-imposed-over-new-covid-19/100652438

The newly identified coronavirus variant is also worrying British health officials due to its high number of mutations and rapid spread among young people.

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said B.1.1.529 had a spike protein that was dramatically different to the original coronavirus variant the vaccines were based on.

It said it had mutations that were likely to evade the immune response generated both by prior COVID-19 infection and vaccination.

It also had mutations associated with increased infectivity, the UKHSA said.

Officials characterised the variant, which has double the number of mutations as the currently dominant Delta variant, as the "worst one yet".

"What we do know is there's a significant number of mutations, perhaps double the number of mutations that we have seen in the Delta variant," Britain's Health Minister Sajid Javid said.

"And that would suggest that it may well be more transmissible and the current vaccines that we have may well be less effective."

Not surprised in the least.

The worst is yet to come,

This is a direct consequence of increased transmission leading to increased replication leading to increased mutations as a result of the unvaccinated horde in the world. I do not fault the unfortunate people in some countries with no access. I do indeed fault the willfully ignorant mother **** who do have access. The next few months were ALREADY projected to be catastrophic in the USA due to the superimposition of the current massive European surge (leading to renewed lockdowns in many countries) on top of the current huge Delta surge in the USA - made even worse by cold weather driving the unmasked unvaccinated morons inside.

If this new guy ever takes hold, the morbidity & mortality will be unmeasurable.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#826 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:09 pm

exculpatory wrote: If this new guy ever takes hold, the morbidity & mortality will be unmeasurable.

That bad? Link says it’s more contagious and escapes prior immunity, nothing about it being more deadly?

Does anyone know what “double the mutations” is, like from 3 to 6 or from 20 to 40?
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#827 » by exculpatory » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:33 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
exculpatory wrote: If this new guy ever takes hold, the morbidity & mortality will be unmeasurable.

That bad? Link says it’s more contagious and escapes prior immunity, nothing about it being more deadly?

Does anyone know what “double the mutations” is, like from 3 to 6 or from 20 to 40?

What do you mean ‘anyone’?
Maybe one of our unvaccinated cluster **** will answer you.

I am right **** here, Andrew.
Jesus Christ.

25 to 50 - all in bad places along the spike protein.
Read the **** article.

If it is even more transmissible & even more resistant to the current vaccines than Delta, and it establishes itself like Delta has, the world is truly **** even further.

The combination above makes it more lethal.
And it may also turn out to be more inherently virulent = lethal as well.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,886

Post#828 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:48 pm

Even if the strand is not deadlier in itself, if it's more contagious then it will reach the lungs of more immunosuppressed people. That means more death, any way you slice it.

I'm happy for those who are not immunosuppressed and are living life as if nothing was happening. You know, the "Just wonderful" crowd who don't give a flying **** about anybody but themselves.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#829 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:06 pm

exculpatory wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:

Jesus Christ.

Read the **** article.

If it is even more transmissible & even more resistant to the current vaccines than Delta, and it establishes itself like Delta has, the world is truly **** even further.

Which article, abc.net.au? I read it again. It doesn’t give a number.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#830 » by exculpatory » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:39 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:

Jesus Christ.

Read the **** article.

Which article, abc.net.au? I read it again. It doesn’t give a number.

My apologies.

I read several articles.

One said 25 to 50 in the spike protein.

This one says 16 to 32 in the spike protein.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/25/what-do-we-know-about-the-new-worst-ever-covid-variant?CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d-3
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#831 » by exculpatory » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:40 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:Even if the strand is not deadlier in itself, if it's more contagious then it will reach the lungs of more immunosuppressed people. That means more death, any way you slice it.

I'm happy for those who are not immunosuppressed and are living life as if nothing was happening. You know, the "Just wonderful" crowd who don't give a flying **** about anybody but themselves.

**** scumbags all.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,210

Post#832 » by Tyakack » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:32 pm

return2glory wrote:Why is this thread not locked? There is so much hate/personal attacks going on in this thread that is against this own boards guidelines. It's pretty clear people can't debate without being disrespectful towards one another. The Mods that do a pretty good job for this most part are looking away and allowing personal attacks and name calling.

I purposely threw out a personal attack since everyone else was doing it without warning. I wanted to test the double standard. It's not my style. I won't do it again even if people personally attack me.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#833 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:45 pm

Words don’t kill anyone you pathetic wormf*cking loser babies
Tyakack
Lead Assistant

Post#834 » by Tyakack » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:41 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Words don’t kill anyone you pathetic wormf*cking loser babies

Worm f*ucking loser babies. Nice, I'm gonna steal that.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#835 » by cl2117 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:10 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Words don’t kill anyone you pathetic wormf*cking loser babies

Neither do vaccines. The unvaccinated on the other hand....
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#836 » by exculpatory » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:25 am

cl2117 wrote:

Neither do vaccines. The unvaccinated on the other hand....

If only the unvaccinated were croaking, it would be one thing.
These unvaccinated scumbags are also spreading it to the vaccinated but vulnerable/immunocompromised some of whom will die - aside from denying ICU beds to the non-Covid critically ill.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#837 » by return2glory » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:08 am

Tyakack wrote:

I purposely threw out a personal attack since everyone else was doing it without warning. I wanted to test the double standard. It's not my style. I won't do it again even if people personally attack me.

Wasn't referring to you.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant

Post#838 » by Tyakack » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:31 am

"If only the unvaxxed were dying" xD. Gotta love the pro vax people though. They always provide a good laugh. They act like they are better people than you one moment then the very next they make it beyond obvious they are more disgusting than they claim you are. "Get the vax! Save lives!.....Wait, you don't agree with my stance? DIE!" Lmao walking hypocrites. Like most on the left.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,886

Post#839 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:02 pm

Tyakack wrote:"If only the unvaxxed were dying" xD. Gotta love the pro vax people though. They always provide a good laugh. They act like they are better people than you one moment then the very next they make it beyond obvious they are more disgusting than they claim you are. "Get the vax! Save lives!.....Wait, you don't agree with my stance? DIE!" Lmao walking hypocrites. Like most on the left.

Did you misread exculpatory's line accidentally or on purpose? He clearly meant that if it was just the unvaccinated who are croaking, it would be one thing.

Everything you wrote is shameful, misleading and idiotic.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant

Post#840 » by Tyakack » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:14 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
Tyakack wrote:"If only the unvaxxed were dying" xD. Gotta love the pro vax people though. They always provide a good laugh. They act like they are better people than you one moment then the very next they make it beyond obvious they are more disgusting than they claim you are. "Get the vax! Save lives!.....Wait, you don't agree with my stance? DIE!" Lmao walking hypocrites. Like most on the left.

Did you misread exculpatory's line accidentally or on purpose? He clearly meant that if it was just the unvaccinated who are croaking, it would be one thing.

Everything you wrote is shameful, misleading and idiotic.

GTFO, it was clearly implied. All you did was quote what he said verbatim. Read the context of the message. Not to mention the character of the person that said it. You know, the one that has been throwing insults and temper tantrums nonstop since this thread started. The only thing misleading is your superiority complex.

Return to Boston Celtics