Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Re: Official Patrick Beverley Thread 

Post#41 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:58 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#42 » by King Malta » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:27 am

Quickly climbing up the list of my favourite Wolves.

Plays with a fire and drive we've rarely seen in the last decade and change, love his snidey edge too. Definitely the sort of guy you'd rather have on your side.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,285

Post#43 » by winforlose » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:19 am

Saw this on hoopshype from Dane Moore

“ Dane Moore: Patrick Beverley will not play on Friday in Charlotte due to a left adductor strain 4 hours ago – via Twitter DaneMooreNBA”

https://hoopshype.com/team/minnesota-timberwolves/

I googled the injury if not torn should be between 3-6 weeks to heal. Not sure how professional rehab can effect this.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#44 » by winforlose » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:50 pm

Read on Twitter
TaylorTag
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#45 » by TaylorTag » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:16 pm

There goes our 9-man rotation. McLaughlin and Okogie likely to start seeing time with PatBev hurt for extended time
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#46 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:50 pm

Bev will be the team’s spirit animal from the bench. He’s 33, can’t rush him back too fast.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#47 » by winforlose » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:54 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Bev will be the team’s spirit animal from the bench. He’s 33, can’t rush him back too fast.

I agree. Bev needs to travel with the team and do his player coach/leader shtick from the bench. Bev’s defense will be missed, but his loss is not catastrophic so long as he continues to be that “spirit animal” for this young team.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,221

Post#48 » by Calinks » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:39 pm

This is gonna hurt. If it was 2019 Jmac I'd be ok but 2021 Jmac is a total mess.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#49 » by shangrila » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:23 am

winforlose wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Bev will be the team’s spirit animal from the bench. He’s 33, can’t rush him back too fast.

I agree. Bev needs to travel with the team and do his player coach/leader shtick from the bench. Bev’s defense will be missed, but his loss is not catastrophic so long as he continues to be that “spirit animal” for this young team.

Apparently you're wrong, he needs to be on the court.

We just don't have that tone setter without him. Ant might be that one day but he's too young now and nobody else has that personality.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#50 » by winforlose » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:27 am

shangrila wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Apparently you're wrong, he needs to be on the court.

We just don't have that tone setter without him. Ant might be that one day but he's too young now and nobody else has that personality.

It was a lot more than just that. Ant couldn’t get going on offense, they out hustled us (they are one of the few teams who play with more pace,) Beasley should have started the 2nd half, MCD didn’t show up. I could go on, one of those games where everything goes wrong.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#51 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:52 am

Yea I don’t think A healthy Bev would have mattered…if you can get the lead at half to 6 and can’t Convert on a 4 on 1 fast break against the PG, and they turn around and convert a last second lay up to push it back to 10…that’s hella deflating. And embarrassing
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#52 » by Rookie-Mistake » Thu Dec 2, 2021 7:57 am

How much longer is he out for?

Sent from my SM-G991B using RealGM mobile app
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#53 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 2, 2021 6:52 pm

Rookie-Mistake wrote:How much longer is he out for?

Sent from my SM-G991B using RealGM mobile app

A while

Read on Twitter
\\

That puts the re-evaluation on the 10th.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager

Post#54 » by winforlose » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:42 am

Gotta say, while I appreciate his defense, his offense since getting back has been very important. His 3 point shooting is improving, but his floater game is really gaining steam. If Bev keeps scoring and maintains his defense at this high a level I don’t know how we will afford him. That said, we better resign him, even knowing age will take its toll.
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#55 » by TheProdigy » Sat Jan 1, 2022 1:21 am

Patrick Beverley is a basketball renaissance man. We are blessed to have him on our team.

Read on Twitter
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#56 » by MN7725 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:41 am

there were reports in Dec. that Pat and his agent initiated extension talks (eligible for extension through end of season), has there been anymore talk about that?

I can't imagine his salary demands would be unreasonable being 33yrs old and not much $$ available next offseason league wide

It probably doesn't make sense for Wolves to agree to an extension before the trade deadline just to keep his salary available for a potential big $ move, since I think its 6 months(?) that extended players can't be traded
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,699

Post#57 » by minimus » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:39 am

MN7725 wrote:there were reports in Dec. that Pat and his agent initiated extension talks (eligible for extension through end of season), has there been anymore talk about that?

I can't imagine his salary demands would be unreasonable being 33yrs old and not much $$ available next offseason league wide

It probably doesn't make sense for Wolves to agree to an extension before the trade deadline just to keep his salary available for a potential big $ move, since I think its 6 months(?) that extended players can't be traded

He is the best PoA defender we have, if we don't resign him, we need to find a replacement.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#58 » by winforlose » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:21 am

minimus wrote:
MN7725 wrote:there were reports in Dec. that Pat and his agent initiated extension talks (eligible for extension through end of season), has there been anymore talk about that?

He is the best PoA defender we have, if we don't resign him, we need to find a replacement.

Between his comments and his teammates comments I think 2 things are true.

1. He wants to be here.
2. All his teammates want him here.

The only variable is whether he is willing to take a little less to give us flexibility with the hope of winning a little more.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#59 » by winforlose » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:21 am

minimus wrote:

Between his comments and his teammates comments I think 2 things are true.

1. He wants to be here.
2. All his teammates want him here.

The only variable is whether he is willing to take a little less to give us flexibility with the hope of winning a little more.
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#60 » by SmokeyPaw » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:52 am

Beverly extended:

Read on Twitter

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves