Bsrnes back to dallas with okc

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Bsrnes back to dallas with okc 

Post#1 » by Pinkyring » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:43 am

Mavs in
Harrison barnes
Tristan Thompson via tpe.
2 2nds via okc

Sacramento in
Dorian finney smith
Moses brown
Josh green

Okc in
Willie cauley stein
Trey burke
25 1st from Dallas lotto protected

Mavs get a big upgrade at wing and a solid upgrade at center, barnes was a bad #1 but he'd fit excellent here...

Sacramento is again at the bottom of the conference, they move barnes and Thompson for 20m in savings this season and 12m next if they let dfs go. For this season though they get a versatile forward and two decent prospects

Okc just adds to their first round picks they need to get to the salary floor anyways so they eat some money for a pick
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Re: Bsrnes back to dallas with okc 

Post#2 » by HornetJail » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:06 am

There's probably a direct swap to be made, but in this proposal the only piece of actual value to Sacramento, is going to OKC for eating a very minimal amount of salary.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#3 » by Crives » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:12 am

Sacramento turned down multiple firsts from Boston last year…. And Barnes has been better this year
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,360

Post#4 » by patman66 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:03 am

Crives wrote:Sacramento turned down multiple firsts from Boston last year…. And Barnes has been better this year

Danny Ainge offered multiple 1st rd picks for Barnes? why was this not reported in Boston? What I heard was that he talked and was immediately shut down. Even if this was so, you have to take into account that he now has one year less of service to the acquiring team.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#5 » by Resistance » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:45 am

Pinkyring wrote:Mavs in
Harrison barnes
Tristan Thompson via tpe.
2 2nds via okc

Sacramento in
Dorian finney smith
Moses brown
Josh green

Okc in
Willie cauley stein
Trey burke
25 1st from Dallas lotto protected

Mavs get a big upgrade at wing and a solid upgrade at center, barnes was a bad #1 but he'd fit excellent here...

Sacramento is again at the bottom of the conference, they move barnes and Thompson for 20m in savings this season and 12m next if they let dfs go. For this season though they get a versatile forward and two decent prospects

Okc just adds to their first round picks they need to get to the salary floor anyways so they eat some money for a pick

Since Sacramento is taking a step back by moving Barnes, I would expect them to explore an alternative scenario with them getting the Dallas first instead of having OKC leach value.

Barnes for Powell, Burke, Green, Dallas First

Thompson into the TPE
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,617

Post#6 » by eminence » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:02 pm

Probably have to switch the 1st and one of the prospects at least.
I bought a boat.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,328

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:12 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:There's probably a direct swap to be made, but in this proposal the only piece of actual value to Sacramento, is going to OKC for eating a very minimal amount of salary.

Yeah I'm confused why OKC is even here. If the idea is to trade Barnes, it should be to get assets, not salary relief. DFS is a nice player who fits a real need for the Kings(if they were keeping Barnes and trying to win) but he's a role player and an expiring one and a guy who hasn't made real money yet and will be prioritizing money this off-season as a result and while he might cut Dallas a break if its close, he would have no loyalty to the Kings. And that's all they get. Green and Brown hold minimal value at best.

Seems like realistically Dallas would try and send DFS to a contender who would value a 3&D guy for a playoff run and having his Bird Rights to retain him for an asset to send to the Kings. Then add the Dallas pick in the OP(maybe lighten the protections). Dallas could still leverage the TPE to take back salary for the Kings to add value, but there isn't enough value gained there where Dallas should waste it--especially if they are punting more assets.

Then Kings fans have made clear to me in my 4 or 5 Barnes trades this month that they don't believe the team will actually trade him rightfully or wrongfully.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
SNPA
Head Coach
And1: 7,142

Post#8 » by SNPA » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:30 pm

This isn’t close for Sac. They aren’t throwing in the towel in November and even if they do they’ll get better return than this.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#9 » by Buzzard » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:57 pm

Barnes to Dallas makes to much sense given the Mavericks lack of skilled players. Especially players who can fill in at SF and play PF beside KP. I see why the Kings don't move Barnes; but if they are still a sub .500 team at the deadline, I think they should at least explore it.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,433

Post#10 » by Maverick41 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:15 am

I would make it WCS, Burke, Josh Green, Moses, 1 FRP, 1 or 2 SRP for Barnes followed by TPE for Thompson. Ton of cash savings, some picks and 2 low end prospects. I know it's not the best offer but not sure what else the Mavs can offer.

Barnes would be a really good fit on the current team.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#11 » by Mavrelous » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:28 am

Mavs trade:
Powell
Green
WCS
1st
2nd

Get:
Favors (TPE)
Barnes

OKC trades Favors for Powell + 2nd

Kings trade:
Barnes
For Green, WCS, 1st
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#12 » by Apz » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:07 pm

My camp is still no. Barnes isnt good enough to make mavs a contender, so mavs shoildnt trade any 1st until they landed the no2 guy
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#13 » by FNQ » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:33 pm

Apz wrote:My camp is still no. Barnes isnt good enough to make mavs a contender, so mavs shoildnt trade any 1st until they landed the no2 guy

You dont think Barnes could be the #2 guy to Doncic now? He's a great fit. Not ball-dominant, great 3pt shooter, defensively versatile.. I've called out Barnes for years for not being the guy he is now. Think that his style is a perfect complement to Luka. And the efficiency has become insane with him, 20 ppg on 12.5 spg?

Barnes I think is one of the truly undervalue trade commodities out there. He'd be an amazing #3 or competent #2 on a contender, IMO. I'd love for the W's to somehow bring him back. But such a great fit in DAL IMO - so hard to find top scoring options who aren't selfish
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#14 » by Apz » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:36 am

FNQ wrote:
Apz wrote:My camp is still no. Barnes isnt good enough to make mavs a contender, so mavs shoildnt trade any 1st until they landed the no2 guy

You dont think Barnes could be the #2 guy to Doncic now? He's a great fit. Not ball-dominant, great 3pt shooter, defensively versatile.. I've called out Barnes for years for not being the guy he is now. Think that his style is a perfect complement to Luka. And the efficiency has become insane with him, 20 ppg on 12.5 spg?

Barnes I think is one of the truly undervalue trade commodities out there. He'd be an amazing #3 or competent #2 on a contender, IMO. I'd love for the W's to somehow bring him back. But such a great fit in DAL IMO - so hard to find top scoring options who aren't selfish

He is at best 3rd or 4th, if u want to win. Would go as far as saying KP is higher, and he is probably 3. And we tried him before as lukas 2, didnt work, and when discussed people just say "He was asked to do too much, he is a roleplayer". Yeah, if u gonna be 2 on a championship team u better be doing lots of stuff, but he is not, he is just good old birdcage barnes.

Mavs cant give out 1sts for roleplayers, even good ones, or mavs will never be able to land a 2 for luka
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,250

Post#15 » by JRoy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:06 pm

Why would SAC want to turn a starter into 3 bench guys?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 340

Post#16 » by Michaellam1987 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:39 pm

SAC has been out of playoff for many years already, their plan should be upgrading their talents, this trade serve exactly the opposite
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,328

Post#17 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:03 pm

JRoy wrote:Why would SAC want to turn a starter into 3 bench guys?

Dorian Finney-Smith has been a starter for years. And okay I agree on some teams he probably wouldn't. But the Kings start Mo Harkless so does not apply here.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#18 » by sacking123 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:16 am

FNQ wrote:

Barnes definitely isn't a #2 on a contender. A #3 might be a stretch too, but he is definitely a reliable #4 with a great amount of versatility on both ends of the floor.
The Mavs would be looking like Luka #1, KP #2, THJ #3, Barnes #4.
Does this elevate the Mavs enough? IMO perhaps it does because what #2 or #3 could they get that doesn't need the ball in their hands, shoots well from outside and plays decent enough D?

On the other hand does this put the Mavs in an area where they have a group of guys that are good but not great?
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#19 » by FNQ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:47 am

simonbampfield wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Barnes definitely isn't a #2 on a contender. A #3 might be a stretch too, but he is definitely a reliable #4 with a great amount of versatility on both ends of the floor.
Does this elevate the Mavs enough? IMO perhaps it does because what #2 or #3 could they get that doesn't need the ball in their hands, shoots well from outside and plays decent enough D?

On the other hand does this put the Mavs in an area where they have a group of guys that are good but not great?

We’re 16-2 and our #2 option scores the same as Barnes but on way less efficiency

If the market on him is depressed, I hope the Warriors get involved
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#20 » by Pinkyring » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:58 am

simonbampfield wrote:
FNQ wrote:

We'd need to make another move or 2 to balance some things but yes adding him makes us a contender, fyi he's a lot better than Hardaway jr. As for your good to great question, luka is great and kp can be great on any given night so yes that foursome healthy should be enough

Return to Trades and Transactions