ImageImageImageImageImage

Andrew Wiggins Says Klay Thompson And James Wiseman Will Make The Warriors 'Scary': "Best Record In The League And We're

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 219

Andrew Wiggins Says Klay Thompson And James Wiseman Will Make The Warriors 'Scary': "Best Record In The League And We're 

Post#1 » by sonnyhill » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:06 pm

Board brothers and sister, it is always a "pleasant surprise" when Andrew Wiggins makes a bold statement (whether on the court or in the media)...

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/andrew-wiggins-says-klay-thompson-and-james-wiseman-will-make-the-warriors-scary-best-record-in-the-league-and-were-not-satisfied

Andrew Wiggins Says Klay Thompson And James Wiseman Will Make The Warriors 'Scary': "Best Record In The League And We're Not Satisfied."
ORLANDO SILVA

The Golden State Warriors currently boast the league-best record with 16 wins and only two losses. Steve Kerr already said this team is set to make a lot of noise this season, and the first month of the season is the biggest proof of that.

Plenty of people are waiting for Klay Thompson and James Wiseman's return to see how great the team can play. They're already a solid squad and the addition of the sophomore center and the veteran shooting guard will only improve their chances to win it all next year.

That's what Andrew Wiggins believes, and he recently issued a warning to the rest of the association. The veteran is having a good time with the Dubs following his trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves two seasons ago.

Following the Warriors' 116-96 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday night, where he scored 24 points, grabbed 6 rebounds and dished 1 assist, the former No. 1 overall pick reflected on the upcoming additions for the team. Wiggins said the Warriors will be 'scary' once they get Klay Thompson and James Wiseman on the court.

"It's amazing. We have the best record in the league and we're not satisfied. We still wanna get better. We sure have a lot of things to do, especially when Klay and Wiseman come back. It's gonna be scary," he told reporters after the game.

Just like Wiggins, the rest of the league believes the Warriors will only benefit from having Klay and James back on the court. After two bad years, they are finally able to compete and are looking like serious championship contenders.

Stephen Curry keeps showing his talents, dominating rivals on a nightly basis. Once he gets the support of Klay and a big man that can dominate the paint, things will get a lot harder for the West.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,796

Re: Andrew Wiggins Says Klay Thompson And James Wiseman Will Make The Warriors 'Scary': "Best Record In The League And W 

Post#2 » by floppymoose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:40 pm

I think Wiseman will be quite bad when he comes back. And i say that not as some Lamelo nut hugger or even a Wiseman doubter, but just because he was bad when he got hurt, and players don’t magically improve when they aren't playing. We won’t have any kind of idea what his trajectory will look like until this time next year. And that's assuming he can stay healthy.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Re: Andrew Wiggins Says Klay Thompson And James Wiseman Will Make The Warriors 'Scary': "Best Record In The League And W 

Post#3 » by Kuya » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:04 am

Outside of Iguodala, everyone looks like they're at their peak

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#4 » by Coxy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:52 am

floppymoose wrote:I think Wiseman will be quite bad when he comes back. And i say that not as some Lamelo nut hugger or even a Wiseman doubter, but just because he was bad when he got hurt, and players don’t magically improve when they aren't playing. We won’t have any kind of idea what his trajectory will look like until this time next year. And that's assuming he can stay healthy.

He may be quite humbled this season now. He was trying things last season like coast to coast stuff and more. This season, if he is humbled a bit, he might buy into just screening/rolling, rebounding/blocking shots, and taking the open set jumper when needed. If he just gets into a rhythm of that stuff, he could be alright.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,230

Post#5 » by Impuniti » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:46 am

Wiseman at the absolute minimum will need to box out, tip some balls out of the way, grab rebounds on the defense end. On the offensive end, he needs to know where to be without the ball, get out of the way when the guards are making runs, set real good screens, and handle the ball properly instead of being butter fingers when he grabs the ball. Also play ok defense.

If he can't do that, he won't play over Loon/Kuminga/Belly. One good thing about him is that he looks massive. I have a feeling few bigs are going to be able to bang with him down low now.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#6 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:26 am

floppymoose wrote:I think Wiseman will be quite bad when he comes back. And i say that not as some Lamelo nut hugger or even a Wiseman doubter, but just because he was bad when he got hurt, and players don’t magically improve when they aren't playing. We won’t have any kind of idea what his trajectory will look like until this time next year. And that's assuming he can stay healthy.

I hope they reduce his usage and cut his minutes. Letting him play a couple of minutes here and there is what he needs and what's best for the team.

Teams won't have a game plan for him and he can try to get comfortable while preparing for a bigger role in the future.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#7 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:53 am

Has anyone seen Wiseman lately? I know he's worked on his body and I'm hoping he's going to come in looking like young Dwight Howard. If that's the case, I think he's going to surprise folks.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#8 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:01 am

Wiseman was a top 3 usage player last year along with curry and poole. He needs to drop down in the pecking order and take care of the basics. Walk before you sprint.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#9 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:23 pm

Not living up to expectations must be difficult to deal with emotionally. We don't for Wiseman to be better than average this year. It would be nice if Wiseman could block shots to add another dimension to our defense. It is OK if Wiseman gets in foul trouble. We can afford to be patient with Wiseman.

I can't think of a better mentor than Wiggins to help Wiseman deal with the pressure of being a disappointment. Wiggins has already gone through that..
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,087

Post#10 » by The-Power » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:20 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:Has anyone seen Wiseman lately? I know he's worked on his body and I'm hoping he's going to come in looking like young Dwight Howard. If that's the case, I think he's going to surprise folks.

Wiseman is not being hidden away like Zion, so we know exactly what he looks like.

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#11 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:25 pm

I fully expect Wiseman to look a lot better this year than last. He's got a year of professional coaching now. If he's not considerably better the Warriors need another group of new coaches.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#12 » by Money_ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:42 pm

Even though he hasn't played since last season, I expect him to come out of gate in a different place mentally, skill set, and physically. Doesn't mean there won't be growing pains and rust to shake off, but if he's been coached up like I think he has, we will have a center who is focused on protecting the rim, boxing out, getting rebounds, and hanging around the dunker's spot. That does not bode well for the rest of the league.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,696

Post#13 » by Warriorfan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:47 pm

Warriors could hopefully be gaining their starting SG and C in Klay and Wiseman. I don't trust Wise for playoffs but for the regular season he can contribute.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,796

Post#14 » by floppymoose » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:00 pm

The-Power wrote:

oh god the JTA cameo at 0:48 :rofl:
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#15 » by Coxy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:34 pm

floppymoose wrote:
The-Power wrote:

I might be reaching, but Wisemans ass and core looks wider in this video. He had a really skinny gate which allowed him to be pushed around off his spot easily, I’m hoping this extra muscle changes a lot for him.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,794

Post#16 » by michaelm » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:47 pm

Coxy wrote:
floppymoose wrote:
The-Power wrote:

I might be reaching, but Wisemans ass and core looks wider in this video. He had a really skinny gate which allowed him to be pushed around off his spot easily, I’m hoping this extra muscle changes a lot for him.

He doesn't look spindly for a 7 footer. And I hope how his shoulders look in the interview video translates into strength in his hands.

One thing about this is that Wiggins seems to be a committed Warrior now and is speaking for the team. I guess getting vaccinated as opposed to Kyrie despite a long held personal philosophy also demonstrated this to some degree.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#17 » by FNQ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:10 pm

Put him in the GLeague.. frankly he's right about the playing-time level of Moody right now, and definitely behind Kuminga. Kid has had almost no game minutes compared to his peers, and giving him sparse minutes off a NBA bench isnt going to help him until he learns to use the tools he has.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#18 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:23 pm

The-Power wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Has anyone seen Wiseman lately? I know he's worked on his body and I'm hoping he's going to come in looking like young Dwight Howard. If that's the case, who is the guy in the white sweatshirtI think he's going to surprise folks.

Wiseman is not being hidden away like Zion, so we know exactly what he looks like.

Who is the guy in the white shirt in these videos.
The token defender shot blocker

I think Wisenan needs massive ammounts of real games. Unscripted scrimages.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#19 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:04 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Who is the guy in the white shirt in these videos.
The token defender shot blocker

I think Wisenan needs massive ammounts of real games. Unscripted scrimages.

It seems like it's Hilton Armstrong.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,244

Post#20 » by ShootersShoot » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:12 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

I hope they reduce his usage and cut his minutes. Letting him play a couple of minutes here and there is what he needs and what's best for the team.

Teams won't have a game plan for him and he can try to get comfortable while preparing for a bigger role in the future.

I want wiseman to do well but just cant see him beating out jta or bjeli for minutes this season..would love to be wrong.

Return to Golden State Warriors